PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] RMT

kg959
12th November 2005, 09:41 AM
Here's my problem, I need a team for a tournament in mid December. It is yellow version only with no trades allowed (meaning no TM duplication or GSC tradebacks). This is what I have so far:

Electrode
Double Team
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Explosion
My starter, deals with most pokemon okay except for Golems.

Nidoking
Surf
Ice Beam
Strength
Thunder
Already used thunderbolt on Electrode

Snorlax
Body Slam
Amnesia
Rest
Surf
Kinda doubles as a stablax and an amnesialax

Mewtwo
Swift
Psychic
Recover
Barrier
Needs serious work. Any suggestions?

Articuno
Fly
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Mist
Thinking about replacing Blizzard and Mist with Substitute and Rest.

Tangela
Sleep Powder
Double Team
Absorb
Growth
Going to replace absorb with Mage Drain as soon as it levels enought that I don't have to keep going throught the E4.

Poryhedron
13th November 2005, 04:41 PM
Are there any restrictions on what levels your pokémon are?

I ask because, if there aren't, you will be facing level-100 opponents. I can confidently guarantee at least one.

Charizard04621
14th November 2005, 10:32 AM
Mewtwo needs Amnesia =(

Can't really help you unless you tell us the exact rules. Sleep Clause? Mewtwo/Mew clause? Evasion clause? Selfdestruct/Explosion clause?

Please be specific and list every single rule that applies.

RaZoR LeAf
16th November 2005, 08:37 AM
Here's my problem, I need a team for a tournament in mid December. It is yellow version only with no trades allowed (meaning no TM duplication or GSC tradebacks). This is what I have so far:

Electrode
Double Team
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Explosion
My starter, deals with most pokemon okay except for Golems.

I suggest alternating between using this as your starter and Tangela. If anyone knows you start with an electric type, they'll swap their teams around so you always face a Ground type first.

Nidoking
Surf
Ice Beam
Strength
Thunder
Already used thunderbolt on Electrode

No Earthquake?

Snorlax
Body Slam
Amnesia
Rest
Surf
Kinda doubles as a stablax and an amnesialax

Works I guess.

Mewtwo
Swift
Psychic
Recover
Barrier
Needs serious work. Any suggestions?

Bye bye Barrier and Swift for Ice beam and Amnesia.

Articuno
Fly
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Mist
Thinking about replacing Blizzard and Mist with Substitute and Rest.

Yes, but replace Ice beam not Blizzard. Maybe consider Double Edge over Fly.

Tangela
Sleep Powder
Double Team
Absorb
Growth
Going to replace absorb with Mage Drain as soon as it levels enought that I don't have to keep going throught the E4.

I'd add Sub over Double Team.

Like Porygandrew and Charizard04621 said, levels and clauses would help.

mr_pikachu
17th November 2005, 01:31 AM
Bye bye Barrier and Swift for Ice beam and Amnesia.

I don't think kg can do that. He said that no TM duplication is allowed, and he's already used Ice Beam on Nidoking. Since there's also no GSC tradebacks, he couldn't argue that he bred it on, either (as breeding would be illegal, I would think).

RaZoR LeAf
17th November 2005, 09:08 AM
Oh yes, so he has. Blizzard then. Articuno learns it naturally so he must still have the TM for it.

kg959
26th November 2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks for all the help, and you're right about the Ice Beam :(
Also, as of now, the Mewtwo is only about level 74 so Amnesia is not gone yet :)

By the way, the rules are as follows:
EVERYTHING must come from your own Yellow version (no trades, tradebacks, etc. Also meaning no Gengar/ 'Kazam)
No sharking, Missingno, pokeglitch, etc.
No level restrictions
No sleep/evasion/explosion clause :biggrin:
All species must be unique, no duplicate pokemon
1 Mewtwo allowed, but no Mews (falls under the everything from your own game clause)

Poryhedron
27th November 2005, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I reiterate what I said before. No level restrictions means you need to get your team as close to L100 before the event as you can, because you can bet that others will be as well.

mr_pikachu
27th November 2005, 05:31 PM
No sleep clause? Heck, I'd give more of your members sleep moves, frankly... I'm no battling expert, but if I were you, I'd take advantage of that as much as possible. Is there a sleep move TM in RBY? I might give that to the Electrode, due to its high speed... hmm... Talk to the better battlers here first, though, because they probably have better advice than I do.

RaZoR LeAf
29th November 2005, 06:01 AM
There's no sleep TM unfortunatly, the closest there's ever been to one is Secret Power in RS, and that only works in certain situations.