PDA

View Full Version : Category 7: The End of the World

-/Deathborn/-
13th November 2005, 06:10 PM
Yeah. That's right. Category 7 Pt.2 is on tonight in the USA on CBS at 9:00PM EST.

Basic plot- Three monster storms are going to collide into one over Washington D.C.
(Why does nothing ever happen to Canada?)
The cast has no idea why the basic storms are turning into Superstorms. And thank the lord that preacher is dead. The wife is still alive...I sure hope she dies. Those two were soo annoying. Spouting "End of Days" in a way and predicting Biblical plauges. Two have happened- Frogs and Locusts. The husband got zapped by lightning while standing on a metal stage at a metal podium while testing the sound...pity he didn't have a crowd. And that old timer in the Black Hawk is still flying around.

Me? I'm reved for this. Even if it is a Day After Tommorrow wanna-be.

MToolen
13th November 2005, 08:54 PM
Hey, you know where this would fit even better. If we had an entertainment forum, that is.

Oh, wait.

But, either way, I didn't catch the first part, so it's highly unlikely I'll see this.

Roy Karrde
13th November 2005, 10:02 PM
Here is what I learned from this movie

79.2 Degrees is the magic bullet to kill any big storm
F6 Tornadoes destroyed France, and although they never and will never exist in real life since the scale only goes to 5
When ever Survere weather threatens a city, it's always nice to change the scale ratings of weather
Twenty or Thirty Tornadoes can form next to eachother and do so by forming high up in the clouds and decend toward the ground
Some of the worst Tornadic storms hit, outside of the mid-west
City Heating can strengthen a storm and will play a major role on how strong it will be
City Heating does not cause Tornadic storms to weaken, unlike what it seen many times in Tornado Alley

In all honesty, I've been interested in weather and tornadoes since I was three. This movie was really ment to be a popcorn movie and my love of weather wasnt allowing me to just sit back and enjoy it for what it is. Overall I do wonder why CBS decided to show this during Sweeps, it may have done better in the ratings during the summer.

Magmar
14th November 2005, 08:42 AM
Sounds like a direct rip-off from the day after tomorrow.