PDA

View Full Version : Anyone actually get all the Gold Symbols in Battle Frontier?

Silv
14th November 2005, 11:42 AM
My sister and I have a wide range of EV trained, well-done lvl. 100 Pokemon, but can't seem to get any Gold symbols, other than the Battle Dome. I suppose the whole idea of battling for hours on end in one place, losing, and having to start from the begining is what takes up the most time, seeing as we just give up for a while after that. But it's pretty frustrating, and it got me to wonder if anyone actually has gotten all the Gold Symbols in Battle Frontier.

As for me, I have the Battle Dome Gold Symbol, and the rest are Silver, except for the Battle Palace. I just can't get past the boredom of that one.

Chris 2.1
14th November 2005, 02:26 PM
Heck I've only just got my first silver symbol.

andyizcool
14th November 2005, 06:59 PM
I have 3 or 4 Silver Badges nothing more. However my friend has all Silver Badges and some Gold Badges. We really need to get a Team together that thrashes the Battle Frontier. ;)

Silv
14th November 2005, 07:37 PM
So far, I've gotten the following Pokemon up to lvl. 100 complete with Egg moves, EVs, and all the works:

Jolteon
Typhlosion
Aggron
Steelix
Mightyena
Feraligatr
Espeon
Swampert
Salamence
Kingdra
Dragonite
Flygon
Aerodactyl
Charizard
Blaziken
Manectric
Absol
Skarmory
Umbreon

Not much progress there. The teams are good, it's just that, whenever I take my Salamence around, sure enough, the opponent will have a Walrein, or Mantine to own him. Or whenever I use Kingdra, it's Blissey galore.

I'm thinking of combining my forces with my sister, or at least borrowing her Misdreavous. Oh...that Misdreavous. Jolly Nature with 128 EVs on HP, Sp Attk, Sp Def, and Speed, knows Mean Look, Protect, Perish Song, and Pain Split.

No Blissey or Walrein can handle that...the thing is, you never know when they're coming. At least in Colosseum, we know what Pokemon they've got, and what to expect.

The Battle Frontier really is something.

andyizcool
15th November 2005, 02:32 PM
For a Battle Frontier Team I was thinking along the lines of a Physical Choice Band Sweeper, a Special Sweeper, and a Tank with Sturdy. You need Sturdy because you'll get far in the Battle Tower like me and they hax you with Sheer Cold. A Tank with Sturdy could be something like Donphan or Steelix because they also pack a powerful Earthquake. I'll try something out when I get the time but I'm busy on another game right now.

Number1ChanseyFan
15th November 2005, 03:55 PM
I have all of my Silver Symbols, and only 2 Gold Symbols. I got my Gold Symbols in the Battle Palace and in the Battle Pyramid. (And I had really good luck in the Battle Palace in the last fight against the leader, I really should have lost. lol) I think that the difficulty for the Battle Frontier is way too high. It wouldn't even be bad if there was some continue feature or something, but it gets really old when you lose and have to start all the way over again, battling all of those unevolved weak Pokémon again.

andyizcool
15th November 2005, 05:37 PM
It wouldn't even be bad if there was some continue feature or something, but it gets really old when you lose and have to start all the way over again, battling all of those unevolved weak Pokémon again.

I agree with you because the only good thing about starting all over again is getting BP again. The problem is that BP starts off low again so it's hard to get all the Dolls costing BP. I wonder how many people in the world have all the Gold Badges without cheating?

rinku
15th November 2005, 08:28 PM
Oh well, at least they didn't make it too easy a task. That would have been boring :)

I'd avoid any team members with any x4 vulnerabilities - in a very long run you are bound to hit something that brushes them aside cheaply - unless both other team members are really strong against that attack type.

Number1ChanseyFan
15th November 2005, 09:45 PM
Oh well, at least they didn't make it too easy a task. That would have been boring :)

Yeah, it definitely isn't too easy, but I think that it is a little bit on the ridiculously difficult side. It always seems like there is some stroke of bad luck waiting that always beats me, either an attack misses because of somebody holding Brightpowder, or someone survives a faint because of a Focus Band, or else an Ice Beam freezes me, etc... It just seems like sooooooooo many things have to go exactly right to get a Gold Symbol. Your luck has to be totally perfect. Considering that you can face everything except for the strongest legendaries, it is hard to cover every single weakness, expecially with only 3 Pokémon in your team. You always have to have something that can deal with Blisseys, Different legendaries, and you also havbe to watch out for the occasional Shedinja too. It is horrible to lose to a Shedinja because your Pokémon that could defeat it have already fainted!!

rinku
16th November 2005, 04:07 PM
Well... it was pretty hard to get 100 in a row in battle tower, too. I realise they made it *more* difficult than that, and multiplied that by about 8 (Battle Dome and Pyramid aren't quite as hard since you can prepare a bit). But seriously, after about 6-12 months of Sapphire, I'd done it all and was just doing breeding and BT to get more ribbons on some more of my pokémon. I'm looking forward to a lot more entertainment from frontier, even if (especially if) it takes me a while.

Silent Dragonfly
17th November 2005, 01:30 AM
Battle Tower is now considerably harder, seems to be less legends but a wider variety of things to kick your ass. Luck plays a considerable part of the Factory, getting 3 Pokémon you actually don't mind using from the original 6 is not a common occurance. I'm too scared to try the Palace any further, I don't wanna lose my Silver win streak without specifically raising for Pokémon for it's purpose.

Well that's my excuses for not having Gold Symbols there

Super Pabs
9th February 2006, 08:01 PM
I've been playing a lot, EV training and everything, but only managed to get the full set of Silver Symbols and no Gold. My BF level 50 Team is:

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Counter
Mirror Coat

Gengar @ Shell Bell
Psychic
Fire Punch
Thunderbolt
Giga Drain

Metagross @ Choice Band
Earthquake
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball

I think the team looks good enough... but something strange always gets you really far on... very frustrating.

mr_pikachu
9th February 2006, 09:13 PM
One thing to think about is having different teams for different events. For instance, it can be very wise to have a Pokemon with Heal Bell or the like in the Battle Pike, and out-of-battle-healers can be good in the Pyramid as well. On the other hand, those are pretty much completely unnecessary in something like the Dome. Consider that when making your choices for teams.

SoulflameNinetales
12th February 2006, 03:20 AM
With the amount of ways you can be beaten, its impossible to make a team that can survive all the tricks they pull out. But then again I faven't seen half the tricks they pull out on you and i still struggle...

rinku
12th February 2006, 06:31 PM
I really can't see anyone managing to get the golds with a single team. Pyramid needs endurance (not usually at a premium) and Palace needs the right personalities (which are usually at odds with those you'd usually go with). A normal sweeper team would cover the rest, though.