PDA

View Full Version : Diablo II and Starcraft (POLL)

Systematic Revolution
5th March 2003, 04:07 PM
I recently bought the Diablo II expansion pack. I've found it's a pretty awesome game, and worth the $55 I dropped on it. But.. I've heard how good Starcraft is so I have a few questions...

1. Which is better? Starcraft or Diablo II
2. Should I buy Starcraft?

Yeah so there's the questions.... I can't really answer them because I've never played Starcraft.. I just need some influence on whether to buy it or not. Also, if you could tell me what Starcraft is about, that would help too...

~KT

PNT510
5th March 2003, 04:12 PM
It's really hard to compare star craft and diablo 2. It's like comparing apples and oranges. One's a click on everything as fast as you can RPG, the other is a RTS. I personly think both games are great. Diablo 2 has more life to it if you can play one battle.net though.

superdean
5th March 2003, 07:50 PM
Depends on what you are looking for in an online game... if you are looking for a tight online community, serious competition from all across the world... look for Starcraft. People literally make a living in Korea playing in tournaments in this game. On the other hand, Diablo 2 is pretty good for the casual gamer, but actually playing it online is kind of ridiculous, especially when 90% of people use some sort of cheat.

The Muffin Man
5th March 2003, 08:25 PM
1.Starcraft is one of the best PC games out their. Warcraft 3? Nope, the Terrans, Zerg, and Protoss are still daddy.
2.Yes. If you can find the right places, you can get a battle chest(Expansion, Full game, and BOTH STRATEGY GUIDES!!) for only about $10...

jet1213
5th March 2003, 08:31 PM
starcraft is awesome. i've had it for like 5 years and i still play it like 24/7. it just doesnt get old.

i have diablo 2 as well... that game was real fun for like 4 months. its just that once you totally jack out your character its like, where do you go from there?

sc is only like 20 dollars for both games (original and exp) and the stratigy guide for both. my opinion? definatly get both.

Salvester2
7th March 2003, 08:06 PM
Warcraft 3 is a viable choice if you like medevil stuff..Orcs..Undead..Night Elves and Human are in it..it costs 50$ though..so...a pretty penny. It also has better graphics that SC and it has an RPGish feel to it.

SC however, has some..err..non convential sides, and they are all pretty cool to. Not that much RPG in it though..graphics are kinda..err..so-so compared to now. It costs about 20$ for the package deal.

IT is up to you..I pefer Warcraft 3 to Star Craft myself..and I am better at Warcraft 3 to...

It's up to you really..both are very good buys.

Blizzard rules!!

crazybone
17th March 2003, 07:00 PM
I have both... but I definately say Starcraft > Diablo 2. I have been doing Starcraft for a while now, so it's sorta getting a bit dull, but none the less, I still find it fun. :)

Best advice ever for Starcraft:

1. Download Maphacks
2. Use Zerg
3. Get 6+ Defilers, and as many Hydras as possible.
4. Go wild. :)

PNT510
17th March 2003, 09:54 PM
What fun is the game with map hacks?

GreenShirT
18th March 2003, 01:04 PM
I would go with Starcraft, i bought it and it owned, i never played much Diablo 2 so i cant really comment on it. Well i did own Starcraft until last weeek when someone stole it :(

dienamight
18th March 2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Salvester2
...It also has better graphics that SC...

Debatable.

Anyway, I'm gonna go with pretty much everyone else and say you should get Starcraft.

Salvester2
18th March 2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by dienamight
Debatable.

Anyway, I'm gonna go with pretty much everyone else and say you should get Starcraft.

Well...yes SC has it's own graphic stuff..in reality though, WC3 does have better better graphic, speaking technically of course...it actually had a 3D engine worth speaking of.

Yes, I admit SC was WAY above it's time, and still above some things of this time, in my option however, I think WC3 had better graphics..possibly because the camera thingy is closer though..oh well.

*remembers Anidean, the self proclaimed SC god..lol...he was stupid*

bb88
23rd March 2003, 09:39 PM
I love Diablo 2. If anyone plays expansion on European Realm, pm me *denemiah2 and *denemiah3 are my accounts. I play fully legitly, no hacks, or dupes, and trade within a small community (about 100 or so on a messege board) that play the same so I can guarentee I'm 100% legit :)

EDIT: If anyone's just startin up I can try to hook you up with some decent stuff, nothing great but some decent stuff.

PNT510
24th March 2003, 01:45 AM
I was thinking of starting up a europe account, I was just wondering if the economy was anywhere near as bad as that of USEast.

Razola
24th March 2003, 01:51 AM
You paid $55 just for the expansion!?

Shop around, because you should be able to get a much better deal since the game has been out for a while.

PNT510
24th March 2003, 03:11 AM
Wait who payed $55 for the expansion?!

Victreebong
24th March 2003, 09:24 AM
he said he bought it for $55, the very first post.

and yes Starcraft brutally rapes Diablo II and Diablo, and anything else that Blizzard has bored us with since 1998, when the greatest RTS computer game was released. it's biased as hell, and it's the damn truth! Starcraft is probably the #1 game you'll play for months, and it's especially great battling freinds. highly recommended.

homeofmew
24th March 2003, 06:18 PM
Being that I don't have Diablo II i can't give on which is better :x
I do have Starcraft, It's good if you have a cable connection, I found that out quickly :( The 1 playr is good, in the Brood War Terran Version that one guy Committs suicide :O!
and In the regular version, one of the Protoss dude kills himself also to kill the overmind. If you like death :) I know Diablo games you kill evil thingds and stuff and stuff :(! Starcraft IMO is a waste of money, cause I have no time to play it, and I suck at it :(
I always run out of minerals :(!

PNT510
24th March 2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Victreebong
he said he bought it for $55, the very first post.

and yes Starcraft brutally rapes Diablo II and Diablo, and anything else that Blizzard has bored us with since 1998, when the greatest RTS computer game was released. it's biased as hell, and it's the damn truth! Starcraft is probably the #1 game you'll play for months, and it's especially great battling freinds. highly recommended.

I totaly over looked that. Well maybe he lives in Aussieland.

bb88
1st April 2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by PNT510
I was thinking of starting up a europe account, I was just wondering if the economy was anywhere near as bad as that of USEast.

Well Europe has abandoned the SOJ economy and now is a barter item for item economy, which is ok. If you'd rather trade with fully legit people, which I do, go to www.diabloii.net, the forums and MP there are great.

Nah, this ain't advertising, it's not my site in the least.

Undertiming
1st April 2003, 06:40 PM
Personally I LOVE D2. Its the most addicting game I've ever played (maybe I just don't play a lot of games to begin with but console games lose their interest very fast IMO). Anyway I play on West if anyone wants to look me up. I could hook you up. But recently with all the hacks and white crap its pretty messed up. =/

EDIT: /w *whitewinter

Ultarius
1st April 2003, 06:44 PM
It all depends on what you like. If you wanna play another RPG-like game, online, go with Diablo II. However, if you like more strategic, real-time strategy games, go with SC. Both are great, and both will keep you busy for a while.

PNT510
1st April 2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by bb88
Well Europe has abandoned the SOJ economy and now is a barter item for item economy, which is ok. If you'd rather trade with fully legit people, which I do, go to www.diabloii.net, the forums and MP there are great.

Nah, this ain't advertising, it's not my site in the least.

I tried signing up there a while ago, but you can't sign up with Hotmail e-mails and I never found out how to get my cox.net e-mail working. :\

Cowboy_Bebop
2nd April 2003, 03:08 PM
OH NICe! Debate on good games

War3 can't compare to what Starcraft is. Starcraft is the best RTS game ever so far, and by mistake. Blizzard doesn't know how to make good games, and this one was a fluke. Its just a better game. So much strategy, in depth, counters, and such.

I play on USeast under FlavorOfYellow

PNT510
2nd April 2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Bebop
OH NICe! Debate on good games

War3 can't compare to what Starcraft is. Starcraft is the best RTS game ever so far, and by mistake. Blizzard doesn't know how to make good games, and this one was a fluke. Its just a better game. So much strategy, in depth, counters, and such.

I play on USeast under FlavorOfYellow

Because WC, WC2, Diablo, and Diablo 2 are all total crap.

Razola
2nd April 2003, 04:18 PM
You obviously didn't play War2 until after SC.

Warcraft 2 is an excellent game, though I didn't enjoy it since I had been playing the newer Starcraft. Of course the new game is going to be better if its done right. That's like comparing War1 to War2.

Warcraft 3 isn't bad, and if are playing The Frozen Throne beta, the latest patches have changed it to be a whole lot of fun.

Diablo the franchise is fun, but far too repetitive and hack-prone to merit a purchase.

What surprises me is that Warcraft is going to be a MMORPG and not Diablo. Diablo needs swift kick in its gameplay.

Blizzard makes some great games, and also adds a very nice layer of polish and story to them.

Cowboy_Bebop
2nd April 2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Raz
You obviously didn't play War2 until after SC.

Warcraft 2 is an excellent game, though I didn't enjoy it since I had been playing the newer Starcraft. Of course the new game is going to be better if its done right. That's like comparing War1 to War2.

Warcraft 3 isn't bad, and if are playing The Frozen Throne beta, the latest patches have changed it to be a whole lot of fun.

Diablo the franchise is fun, but far too repetitive and hack-prone to merit a purchase.

What surprises me is that Warcraft is going to be a MMORPG and not Diablo. Diablo needs swift kick in its gameplay.

Blizzard makes some great games, and also adds a very nice layer of polish and story to them.

Actually not true. I played war3 AFTER starcraft, and about five-six months later, im back on starcraft. I've been playing for about three times as long, and i still play. It just doesn't have the replay value, and each game is the same. Creep Creep Creep blah blah blah. A game should be good even after a "new better graphic" game comes out. No one plays warcraft 2 anymore because it wasn't as good of a game.

The Muffin Man
2nd April 2003, 09:41 PM
Nothing can beat the 'Craft games. Especially Starcraft.

Once you go Craft, you never go back :)

Razola
2nd April 2003, 10:13 PM
Warcraft 2 was good, but my point is that if you've played a superior game before playing it, you're not going to enjoy it.

Try playing Warcraft I. You're going to hate it, but people did like (or else there wouldn't have been a Warcraft II) the game back when it was new.

Some games DO just get old and aren't as good because we have better features and gameplay.

Starcraft is an excellent game, but I think Warcraft III will be brought up to that quality once the expansion is released. It has done a lot of good for the game.

bb88
4th April 2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by PNT510
I tried signing up there a while ago, but you can't sign up with Hotmail e-mails and I never found out how to get my cox.net e-mail working. :\

Use the site I used:

www.wongfaye.com

I don't think ANY site has this sucker blocked :)

OpOp32
5th April 2003, 04:18 PM
I'ma gonna have to go with everyone else and get Starcraft. Itz one of those games you just cant put down, and if you do itll catch up on you eventually and you'll find yourself playing it again. My friends and I play it like every night, and I never get bored of it.

Now, I'm lookin forward to Starcraft:Ghost for my PS2. That game is goin to kick some serious sit-upon!!!!

:) :) :)