PDA

View Full Version : soap operas?

Mr.Pokemon
14th November 2005, 03:53 PM
Anyone watch soap operas? I've secrectly watched The Bold and The Beautiful for about eight years now, and I was wondering if anyone else have ever watched them too?

PancaKe
20th December 2005, 12:26 AM
Neighbours fan here :-) love those aussie soapies.
but i hate home and away.

and i USED to watch passions. how annoying.

Metallixs Girl
20th December 2005, 10:51 PM
My mom and dad have BOTH watched Days of Our Lives since I was little, and still do. When I was about 10 I got into it too, and my sister and I watched Passions since it began, but the storylines are so horrible now, I can't stand it! I miss Charity and her powers. :( Tabitha and Endora are the only ones worth watching right now, the writers for the rest are complete and total idiots!

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd December 2005, 06:46 AM
I remember when I was still quite young I used to watch General Hospital with my mother. I really don't remember what I liked about it back then.

Although Austrian television has a history of showing soaps, especially Brazilian ones, I never enjoyed them much. They are all pretty much the same.

Crystal Mew
24th December 2005, 09:10 AM
when I was little I used to watch general hospital and all my children with my mom.

now...well I rather not watch soap operas. unfortunately at work thats all thats ever on during the day, so I watch about 15minutes-an hour of soap operas.

some of them really suck, imo. too much cheesy drama!

firepokemon
1st January 2006, 04:22 AM
OMG OMG OMG

I love soap operas of all sorts, daytime, nightime, all of them.

Coronation Street - Been a fan for years so many good times and sad times like when JUdy died and such. Lovely, lovely soap.

Eastenders - I really got into when it was arouind the time of Dirty Den and his missus but then when Dirty Den went it went downhill.

Footballers Wives - Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous

Home and Away - Lovely and delightful. Although can sometimes be overly dramatic for what is intended to be a pretty light hearted soap.

Neighbours - Crap acting, crap storylines yet somehow watchable. Has never been as successful as when Kylie Minogue was on it.

Shortland Street - NZ's own very successful soap. I have watched it all, car crashes, killers, the first gay kiss, the two lesbians on it. NZ is at the cutting edge of soap opery.

Days of our Lives - Gorgeous, gorgeous.

The Bold and the Beautiful. - Oh I did love Taylor.

The Young and the Restless - Mature, more steady, less dramatic but perfect.

Dallas - OH JR if I was female, he'd be all mine.

Dynasty - Dear Joan Collins may you never make shoulder pads fashionable again.

Beverly Hills 90210 - Brandon looked gay, Brandon was gay, Brenda was a bitch and Donna was a long time virgin. The premiere high school delight.

Melrose Place - Kimberly the scary doctor that breast fed someone elses kid and then blew up the place. Oh so many memories.

Titans - Was not on for long but wonderful.

The OC - Excellent first season, second season so so. Still a delight

Desperate Housewives - Bree is perfect, Gabrielle is a whore, Susan is dumb, Lynette is a crazy mother. Perfect but yet to see the second season.

RedStarWarrior
1st January 2006, 11:57 PM
I enjoy watching Spanish soap operas. I can sort of understand what is going on without completely understanding the language. I also occasionally watch French ones. The only problem is that I know more French than Spanish, so I tend to actually understand what they are saying instead of having to interpret it from actions.

GreenShirT
2nd January 2006, 07:50 PM
Its all about Eastenders like. I normally watch Emmerdale, Corrie, Eastenders but Corrie and Emmerdale have become like comedy shows really and are only good sometimes now.

Kris
8th March 2006, 05:54 PM
You mean Days of our lives actually exists? Wow, I just thought it was a soap made up by other tv programmes (other soaps).

I personally like Neighbours and Eastenders at the moment, have never been into corrie though.

Silver Ledian
13th March 2006, 11:35 AM
Normally I'd be an avid fan of both Coronation Street and Eastenders but lately they've just become boring and there's no big storylines or anything...I'm not even a fan of any single individual character. They just seem to be trudging along episode after episode of crapness.

In contrast, I was watching the Tyra Banks Show today - daytime TV, what can you do - and there was this actress from Days of our Live on. Tyra started reading out the things that this character had done in the soap which involved kidnapping her sister, raping a man, being put on death row and shooting her husband's penis off. I must say, either that's totally unrealistic or it describes the state of America perfectly. And even though I complain about the boringness of UK soaps at times, at least they're realistic to a point lol.

I'm also into Desperate Housewives atm, that has some great twists and one-liners.

Pm-5000fan
21st May 2006, 07:41 PM
Go 90210. :biggrin: