PDA

View Full Version : Hello, welcome to MSN Communities! Please sign in! *snorts*

Magmar
16th November 2005, 11:19 PM
Does anybody consistently get these popup ads while browsing around in the Misc forum?? I'm starting to suspect somebody's signature is setting it off or something, because it's happening to me an awful lot.

Sceptile_Master
17th November 2005, 03:26 AM
No I don't seem to get any. It's proably either spyware on your computer or that your Internet Browser doesn't have pop-up blocking. Although all good browsers do so it's probably spyware. Have you scanned your PC for spyware yet?

mr_pikachu
17th November 2005, 03:31 AM
Hmm, I don't seem to have the problems you mentioned either, Magmar. My browser (Firefox) has a built in pop-up blocker, but it lets me know whenever it blocks one. So far, it hasn't given an alert of that, so it doesn't seem that I'm getting the same pop-ups that you are at all.

Magmar
17th November 2005, 09:26 AM
I do'nt know, it only happens on TPM and in the misc forum. I'll scan it and let you know what happens.

Dark-San
19th November 2005, 10:19 AM
[b][size=3] Like Pikachu, I not getting any either.

Please do check and feedback to us the results. Or are you co-currently running other programmes/ internet browser at the same time?

Magmar
22nd November 2005, 03:44 PM
It happened to me twice in the post the current mp3 forum. it popped up when i was typing in a "quick reply" and 30 seconds later, after it was posted.

Little_Pikachu
22nd November 2005, 06:09 PM
I'm not getting any... Pop ups.

What browser are you using? TPM does have some adware, I think we all know that, but most of us seem to avoid it. If it's just that one forum I would say it's probably something you already have on your computer being triggered there. I don't really know at all though :)

The Blue Avenger
24th November 2005, 06:32 PM
It happens to me as well, usually in the Polls & Games forum. However, it doesn't happen when I use Firefox. So I dunno what's going on.

Sceptile_Master
24th November 2005, 06:40 PM
VBscript or activeX mabye. Opera and Firefox doesn't support that and one of the most widely use tasks perormed by these two evil M$ languages are to really annoy you.