PDA

View Full Version : Animation Program

Pizzasgood
5th March 2003, 04:38 PM
Does anyone know of a good, semi-cheap art program that can make animations? The best thing I have is Corel Draw 5, and it can't really do much.:(

Metal Claw
5th March 2003, 06:05 PM
I don't know of one...if you figure it out I need to know too!:D

soggy_cardboard
5th March 2003, 10:23 PM
um, i have heard of a free one on the web, which sounds pretty good, but u need an OS better than win98...so i cant use it. if i find the link, ill post it

Azura Stardust
6th March 2003, 05:29 AM
I think Adobe Photoshop comes with ImageReady which is used for animations but

1. I don't know even one itty jiggy bit how to use it.
2. Adobe Photoshop is expeensive.
3. I dunno if you can buy IR on its own.. maybe you can, but it's much better with photoshop packaged in as well. Makes things a lot easier.

There's always Flash. That's a kind of standard domestic animation program. For now. I use Flash MX in school; but our Flash lessons end after March :no:!

It's fairly ok to work with, but personally it's a very hasslesome program. Heck, I bet you a lot of others are too...

Chari
8th March 2003, 10:26 PM
Dude, if you wanna go professional in animation, you need to get Flash. Yeah, it is kinda hard, but not really once you figure out how to operate it.^^; I use it all of da time. But anyway, not only can you animate with flash, but it also is a great art program. Some of the most professional images on the net are made in flash.(next to adobe)
You can even add .wav or .mp3 sounds to your animations.^^
What's the downside to this, you ask?
600$'s, my friend.o_o; But that's for the newest version of Flash, Flash MX. But you can get the older version of flash for 200 dollars! You just have to go to the right place.^^ Oh, and the 400 dollars more for flash MX isn't worth it either. Its got the exact same stuff as flash 5, cept a different way to operate it.
Gawsh, I sound like a sales person or something.-_-

Pizzasgood
16th March 2003, 09:02 AM
I'm not that serius about animation. I just want something for under $50 to make small animations with, like those animated avitars and such.

Scuba.Diving
16th March 2003, 10:25 AM
I'm use flash too to made all of animation on the multimédia section on my site... It's very cool but expensive... If you have a Pentium you can have a solution to make Animated gif for only CAN 50$ you can get GIFMovie Gear at VISIC.com (http://www.visic.com/gifmoviegear/) or for flash Swish at Swish (http://www.swishzone.com/index.php) I think it very don't expensive programs to make a lot of a good animations...

Fo me now I use Flash 5 and MX and ImageReady (for Animated gif)... If you want to see what kind of animation and game you can do with flash you can go on my homepage (it's writing in french sorry about that) for easy site map click on Misty (in the first page) and select to the down menu at Multimédia and Anime Flash, you got a listing of shorts pokémons animations, games and sites Intros I made since the year 2000 (sorry I can made a direct link because my site use Frames)... All with flash 4 and 5...

You have a lot of choice about 3D and 2D animation, but on the Web you have 3 choice... Animated Gif, QuicktimeMovie or Flash file (maybe shockwave for best game too)...

I hope that help...
:D :wave:

EVme15
21st March 2003, 05:59 AM
I use a nice little program that came with my computer called Microsoft Gif Animator. The downsides: Microsoft only, and everything has to be .gifs, so you'd better have a good image conversion program. But it's nice for things.