PDA

View Full Version : hey cool, my favorite teacher's getting sued

Katie
20th November 2005, 12:44 AM
what the fuck. I just found out that my freshman rotc instructor is getting sued by some shithead parents.
scenario: during class, at some point, macho football player gets a special needs kid in a headlock. instructor asks him to stop. football tard doesn't. special needs kid panicking. instructor pulls football tard off. football kid's parents suing instructor for laying hands on their kid. THE HELL? please explain to me what is going on. or what he was supposed to do instead. it's not like he punched him. I want to know who this kid is so I can punch him in the face myself, but the school's keeping it hush-hush. I'm pissed off. goddamn. discuss the stupidity of this "case" or other such stupid suings. :)

Magmar
20th November 2005, 02:12 AM
I hate America, because everyone sues everyone else. If that was my kid in the headlock, I'd kick the parents' asses, too.

Sceptile_Master
20th November 2005, 06:41 AM
That's screwed up. Why do the idiots always have the chance to end up on top of decent people somehow? Let's hope they don't win that case. Although of course the football kid would probably have over exaggerated it to his parents.

Lawrence III_Fanatic
20th November 2005, 10:16 AM
...Wow. I would be amazed even if the special needs kids' parents were suing. But the football guy? WHAT THE EFF. People are SICK. And obnoxious. And retarted. Yes, so retarded, it deserves a t rather than a d.

Little_Pikachu
20th November 2005, 08:24 PM
The football 'tard was causing actual harm and distress to a special needs kid, what's the teacher meant to do? Sit there and applaud? If there is a god, the parents of the football kid wont win their case and will be fined for wasting court time, I think the special needs kids' parents should sue the football kid, that would soon shut them all up.

Crystal Mew
20th November 2005, 09:25 PM
wow thats retarded. I hate when people randomly sue other people just because they can. its like people suing mcdonalds cause they got fat.

what the hell, seriously?

thats messed up. I hope those parents lose this battle

Katie
20th November 2005, 09:58 PM
Although of course the football kid would probably have over exaggerated it to his parents.

I think this is what bothers me most about it all. the parents are just (overly) looking out for their son or whatever, but the kid's the one who complained about it to them in the first place. if I were him I would've kept quiet about it all so my parents wouldn't ground me for life for bullying on a special kid, but what do I know. hope he gets kicked off the fb team for being a pussy and getting his panties in a bunch over a 60+ year old man "laying hands" on him.
you know, now that I think about it there was a similar happening (teacher suspended, no suings) at that school last year, one of my old teachers play-"pushed" a football player when he wouldn't go back to his seat. she's a short fat old lady. these football players need to get a grip. I guess this is why the team sucks so horribly.
observaton: in both cases the kid was failing the class. hmmmm...

mr_pikachu
20th November 2005, 10:47 PM
Wow, that's just pathetic. If the teacher hadn't done anything, he probably would have been fired for letting that go. Instead he's sued for stopping it? The football idiot deserved a hell of a lot worse than he got for that. And yet he's suing. I'm sorry, but he should be the one getting sued.

The sad thing is, they actually might win the suit. That is what's wrong with America right now: People value all the wrong things. And the legal system parts for anyone who has these so-called "great" qualities. Just because a guy can get a football across a field does not make him deserving of special treatment.

This lawsuit is moronic. End of story.

.hacker
21st November 2005, 10:09 AM
Well, this can't possibly win in court! I mean, if it does, our judicial system is screwed.... :redface:

Kris
21st November 2005, 11:19 AM
Someone tried to Sue our work place a few months back and failed miserably.

I work at the ski centre and this kid broke his ankle, so the parents put in a big claim against us saying it has wrecked the childs life. Now you think this kid must have done it during a ski lesson, but nope.

Kid and parents walking up towards ski centre, instead of staying on the path the kid runs up through the mini woodland area next to the car park. Kid trips on root (its a bloody woodland area!!) and decides to sue the company for 'not supplying a decent walking area'. Uh what about the path that the parents where on?

People who sue suck

Chieng Vui Leng
22nd November 2005, 09:47 AM
i think that this is screwed. how can a teacher be sued for protecting a special needs student?

the principal of nan chiau high in singapore was sacked for hitting a girl with a soft cover book. note that the girl has had a track record of truancy, bullying, lateness, etcetera, etcetera, and she was sent to his office, and there, she was pissing him off!!! taunting actually.

the incident in your case is even more trivial than my example, i think kids are just overly shielded these days.

Little_Pikachu
22nd November 2005, 10:43 AM
Is this just a recent world wide thing? When I went to school the teachers would lay hands on the kids all the time, pushing them in a non-threatening manner, physically removing them from other students in fights, forcably taking them to the head-teachers office. I remember once we were having a talk about our options for PE and one of the teachers went to throw a basketball for some guy to catch but he missed and it smacked a girl in the face instead and after the initial shock and tears that you get when something like that happened she was fine about it all.

I don't know what it is, kids are probably just too spoilt these days, they think they have the right to do as they please.

Chris
22nd November 2005, 11:03 AM
Is this just a recent world wide thing? When I went to school the teachers would lay hands on the kids all the time, pushing them in a non-threatening manner, physically removing them from other students in fights, forcably taking them to the head-teachers office. I remember once we were having a talk about our options for PE and one of the teachers went to throw a basketball for some guy to catch but he missed and it smacked a girl in the face instead and after the initial shock and tears that you get when something like that happened she was fine about it all.

I don't know what it is, kids are probably just too spoilt these days, they think they have the right to do as they please.

Unfortunately that's the way it is. Children are automatically taught the words "human" and "rights" at birth, and they start taking it to pathetic extremes (like this).

Magmar
22nd November 2005, 11:08 AM
People who sue suck

Lawyer: I'm gonna sue you because your first name starts with K now!

Kris
23rd November 2005, 05:01 PM
Awww no I got sued!!!!

Seems like everyone else has though

GymLeaderYoshi
24th November 2005, 10:59 AM
I'm sure everyone as heard the infamous McDonalds/Coffee saga. I actually SAW the woman behind it all on a TV Program that my US History teacher showed before we let out last week for vacation.

Apparently, the woman was sitting in the vehicle outside the resturaunt, and her son had to go back in for something or another, so he asks her to hold the coffee for him while he went inside. The old woman put the cup between hr legs to hold onto it, and I think she accidentally squeezed the cup or something and recieve 2nd Degree Burns or some crap like that. So she turns around and starts sueing McDonalds for making the coffee TOO HOT. Of course, I'm sitting here going "Lady. It's coffee. What the hell do you expect?! Milkshake?! Ice cream?! GAH!"

The stupidity of this makes me want to vomit. And don't get me started on the lawsuit that was suein McDonalds for making people too overweight. >.>

Chieng Vui Leng
24th November 2005, 06:29 PM
Just wondering, is legal action really that affordable in the US, that people can actually sue each other for the slightest things? I know it's very expensive in Singapore and Malaysia....

Just a thought.

GymLeaderYoshi
24th November 2005, 07:09 PM
Whether it's affordable enough or not, people don't seem to care, because if they win their rediculous cases, they end up getting paid what they spent on a lawyer tenfold or something.

Oh, here's another absolutely idiotic story. Some lady, who's one of those people that believe in star charts and all that stuffs, sued NASA because one of their space experiments "screwed up a comet or something in allignment" with her charts and "ruined everything". You wanna know what I hear she sued for? $3 Billion. I might be wrong in the amount, but I guarentee you that she tried to aim reeeeally high with this nonsense. I almost fell out of my seat laughing, the story was entirely rediculous.

Kris
24th November 2005, 07:14 PM
I love the products that have really stupid lables on due to people trying to sue.

For example on microwave meals :

This food may be hot after heating, be carefull

Or on knifes:

This item is sharp, please be carefull

Anyone know where we can find pics of these?

Arnen
24th November 2005, 07:27 PM
When I took a class to get my snowmobiling license, one of the safety manuals said "Do not light match over fuel tank", so you can tell some idiot did that, got blown up, and tried to sue for it XP

mr_pikachu
25th November 2005, 12:11 AM
Anyone know where we can find pics of these?

The Wacky Warning Label Contest (http://www.mlaw.org/wwl/) may have some good stuff.

When I took a class to get my snowmobiling license, one of the safety manuals said "Do not light match over fuel tank", so you can tell some idiot did that, got blown up, and tried to sue for it XP

I would think it would be hard to sue after getting blown up... but then again, you never know these days.

*plays X-Files music*

Girafarig
29th November 2005, 06:54 PM
I'm sure everyone as heard the infamous McDonalds/Coffee saga. I actually SAW the woman behind it all on a TV Program that my US History teacher showed before we let out last week for vacation.

Apparently, the woman was sitting in the vehicle outside the resturaunt, and her son had to go back in for something or another, so he asks her to hold the coffee for him while he went inside. The old woman put the cup between hr legs to hold onto it, and I think she accidentally squeezed the cup or something and recieve 2nd Degree Burns or some crap like that. So she turns around and starts sueing McDonalds for making the coffee TOO HOT. Of course, I'm sitting here going "Lady. It's coffee. What the hell do you expect?! Milkshake?! Ice cream?! GAH!"

The stupidity of this makes me want to vomit. And don't get me started on the lawsuit that was suein McDonalds for making people too overweight. >.>

Um, if the coffee gave her 2nd degree burns they were really boiling that shit.

As for this case, it'll die easily

Drusilla
5th December 2005, 12:16 PM
Well, this can't possibly win in court! I mean, if it does, our judicial system is screwed.... :redface:

Even if it doesn't win in court, the fact that it's going to court shows that our judicial system is screwed.

Katie, if I come to visit you, could you show me where the jock lives so I can punch him in the face?

SupremeChampion
6th December 2005, 08:10 AM
[i]i'll just add that to the list of rediculous things i've heard people sue for. anyone hear about the robbery who crawled over someone skylight window, break through it, then sue the people he tried to rob and win? or the lady who sued mcdonalds because it made her son fat (they forgot to tell you she let him eat it like twice a day, every day). i honestly think there needs to be a qualifying list of guidelines a case must reach before you can sue because of it. that we, wouldn't even have to worry about the bull cases that are people who really just want to get rich quick (and probably will), though i doubt such a law would ever pass since like 52% (or maybe 54%) of Congress were laywers :confused:

~The Italian Stallion

Katie
6th December 2005, 08:58 PM
Katie, if I come to visit you, could you show me where the jock lives so I can punch him in the face?

I don't even know who the kid is :( if I find out, sure! =D
supposedly instructor should be back in time for their little orienteering meet thing this saturday :) I have no idea what went which way, school still keeping it hush hush. rahhh. most likely the district'll just be out some money, doesn't sound like he'll be out of the job or anything. :)