PDA

View Full Version : GC Opinions

Andrew
21st November 2005, 07:46 PM
G'Day Ladies and gents.

I'm buying a GC this weekend.

I'm going to buy these games over a period of time too. Please point out problems, faults and good points Ok.

Xmen Legends 2
Paper Mario 1000 year door
Buffy Chaos Bleeds
Tales of Symphonia
Fire Emblem Path of Radience

ANd I already own SSBM.

I can't think of any other decentish GC games I'd want..

Geist, though, looks interesting, please inform. But it is kind of shitty too.

The_Missing_Link
21st November 2005, 09:07 PM
If you like the Zelda series, get Wind Waker. If you never played any of the games, still get it. It's an awesome adventure game

There's also Soul Calibur II and Super Mario Sunshine. I need to get Paper Mario, actually

Craig
21st November 2005, 10:24 PM
uhh Mario Kart Double Dash?? You may discover that they really don't yell "I'M DAISY!" all that much.

GC is good.

Pikmin 2 is worth looking at, same with Soul Calibur 2.

Avoid Super Mario Sunshine like the plague.

PNT510
22nd November 2005, 12:46 AM
[b]I agree with Craig. Mario Kart, Pikmin, and Soul Calibur 2 are all good. and Mario Sunshine bites.

Resident Evil 4, Animal Crossing, Zelda and the Bongo games(Konga 1 and 2, Jungle beat) are worth checking out as well.

Crazy
22nd November 2005, 06:08 AM
Am I the only one who like Super MArio:Sunshine? I played the originals, and I still thought it was pretty good.

Knight of Time
22nd November 2005, 07:35 AM
I also have to agree with Craig and Rebecca on a couple of games here.

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! is no doubt, one of the best racing games you can find for GC, and Zelda: The Wind Waker is indeed an awesome game to play. It's also got a second quest besides the one you start on, and there are notable changes in it, like for example, Link doesn't have his usual green garb in this quest.

But there's one more Zelda game I have to mention. I don't know if it's available where you are, Andrew, but if it is, you have to get it. It's called Zelda: Collector's Edition (I have the North American/NTSC version of the game; it came with my GC system I got for Christmas a couple of years ago), and it's four games in one. With that extra-special disc, you can play full versions of the original Zelda classic, The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time (it's one of my favourite Zelda games of all time) and Majora's Mask.

But, if you happen to have any interest in Sonic the Hedgehog, you should try and pick up Sonic Adventure 2: Battle or Sonic Heroes. I haven't played the latter, but the former has two different storylines, one for the hero side of the game (aka Sonic, Tails and Knuckles), and one for the dark side (Rouge, Shadow and Dr. Eggman). It's a definite favourite of mine in the Sonic series.

The_Missing_Link
22nd November 2005, 11:54 AM
If you like Mario, then Super Mario Sunshine doesn't bite. It may not be that hard but the graphics are pretty cool and it's fun to play

PNT510
22nd November 2005, 03:22 PM
[b]I love Mario and I think Sunshine bites. I agree the graphics are pretty cool, but the backpack takes alot of fun out of the game. The camera could use alot of work as well.

Little_Pikachu
22nd November 2005, 04:04 PM
I loved Paper Mario, it was super addictive but I got confused a lot when I totally overlooked the puzzles and made out some huge battle plan when the answer was right under my nose >_< But that's just me, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I like Mario games and I liked Sunshine, I supposed it's just a very different style of Mario game, you either like it or you don't.

If you have some friends to play with, Soul Caliber 2 and Double Dash are awsome, they're fun single player too, but it's better with friends.

The Blue Avenger
23rd November 2005, 09:45 AM
F-Zero GX is also a good candidate for a racing game. As with the other F-Zero games, it's blindingly fast and fairly difficult. There's a really good selection of crafts, each one different, and a wide variety of tracks to race on. If you happen to be looking for a racer that's a touch more serious than Mario Kart, than this is it.

Andrew
23rd November 2005, 05:46 PM
I personally found Double Dash to be infuriatingly shallow and irritating. N64 4 lyfe. Also, I think someone stole my Mario Kart 64 Cart from my room.

I've previously rented out a GC for a week, despise Zelda (I just can't take it! No! No I can't!), hated Mario sunshine and Animal Crossing I made my character get stung by bees repeatedly. Plus I didn't want to make friends with those animal retards.

I was looking at the DK Platform Bongo game, it looked awesome, but the reviews weren't that great... plus 100 dollars for that :/

Soul Calb. 2 also looks interesting. As does Rayman 3. No. 2 was good.

PNT510
24th November 2005, 11:51 AM
[b]DK Platform Bongo game(Jungle Beat) is an awesome game. The only problem is it is too short, and it's hard to play for extended periods of time. you can beat it in just a couple of sittings. The real fun in the game is going back and playing each level to get new highscores and whatnot.

Mewfour
30th November 2005, 12:53 AM
No Skies of Arcadia? No Gun? NO KILLER 7!? WTF is wrong with you?

*ahem* Fanboyism aside, F-Zero GX is a sure keeper. Unless you like throw-your-controller-at-the-wall-in-a-blinded-rage syndrome...

Andrew
1st December 2005, 09:40 PM
F Zero games are aaaawful!

Also, never heard of Skies of Arcadia... and Gun and Killer 7 seem like 1st person shooters...

I squeal like a girl and run away when I see an enemy in those games.

The Blue Avenger
3rd December 2005, 12:47 PM
Viewtiful Joe is a pretty solid game. It gets a bit repetetive at times, but definitely a game worth playing. You can usually find it really cheap now as well.

PNT510
3rd December 2005, 09:05 PM

Also, never heard of Skies of Arcadia... and Gun and Killer 7 seem like 1st person shooters...

I squeal like a girl and run away when I see an enemy in those games.
[b]Skies of Arcadia is a so-so turn based RPG. Gun is a pretty good 3rd person action gamr and Killer 7 is just a retarded adventure/fps game.

Gengachu
7th December 2005, 08:59 PM
Viewtiful Joe is a pretty solid game. It gets a bit repetetive at times, but definitely a game worth playing. You can usually find it really cheap now as well.
I second that.

Other must play games(some of which have been mentioned):

Resident Evil & RE0
Zelda - The Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Eternal Darkness - Sanity's Requieum
Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes (If you haven't played the original)
Zelda Collection
Sonic Mega Pack
TimeSplitters 2

Mewfour
13th December 2005, 07:08 PM

I oughta' gas pedal you for that.

Razola
14th December 2005, 03:17 AM
I personally found Double Dash to be infuriatingly shallow and irritating. N64 4 lyfe. Also, I think someone stole my Mario Kart 64 Cart from my room.You could hold two items, had to select characters for their special items, had to take the Kart's stats into consideration, and had to time your defense rather than hold Z and forget about it.

Infuriating is your opinion, but how the hell is it shallow? Not that Mario Kart is a fountain of depth to begin with.