PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Revenge R' Us!

Zak
21st November 2005, 09:28 PM
1. Would you consider yourself vindictive or forgiving (if it depends, eleborate)?

2. Have you ever gotten revenge on someone?

3. Has anyone ever gotten back at you?

4. What sort of things make you revenge-happy?

Bonus: WITHOUT USING GOOGLE OR ANY SEARCH, do you know what the title is from?

1. Unfortunately I'd consider myself leaning towards the vindictive side... over some stupid things, I'll admit. But if it was based on a misunderstanding or whatever, I quickly forgive, no need for an apology.

2. Yes... extreme determination and instinct. Hell, sometimes I'm even determined enough to do it five years later if I have to. Not going into detail here...

3. Not that I know of. I never really like to annoy for fun unless someone did something to me or whatever.

4. Really stupid things. At least, they have in the past. And the sad part is I actually did something.

~Zak

Lady Vulpix
22nd November 2005, 04:25 AM
1. It depends. If the person is honestly sorry, I'm forgiving. But if he or she doesn't mind what s/he did, or worse, is proud of it, it makes me really mad and I may take revenge if we can't settle the issue.
2. Yes. Mostly little things like giving another teacher a long project to correct rather than a smaller one after he called me crazy, or sending a teacher to answer an annoying student's questions after he called me the class mascot. But when it's something bigger and time passes and I can't seem to get rid of the pain it caused me, and especially if the person keeps hurting me, I tend to get back at him/her again and again in whatever way I can. I should try to move on, but it's hard in those situations.
3. Yes. My brother did many things to get back at me for any times in which either of my parents favored me over him in his view, or for anything I did to him even if it was by accident.
4. I've answered this in #2. But I don't know if revenge-happy would be the right term since it doesn't make me happy (I know it's just an expression). At most it helps me get it off my chest.

Bonus: no, sorry.

mr_pikachu
22nd November 2005, 05:56 PM
1. Would you consider yourself vindictive or forgiving (if it depends, eleborate)?

I'm usually pretty forgiving, especially since I believe that even if a person has problems, they can change.

Well, me and one of my friends routinely prank each other back and forth. (He made me believe that he'd hacked into my TPM account way back when, I so tricked him into thinking I had blocked him on AIM, for instance.) I wouldn't call that revenge so much as a game, though. Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

I don't make people angry very often, so not that I can think of.

If someone treats someone else badly, then I might want to teach them a lesson. Of course, I suppose that would be more vengeance on behalf of another than straight-up revenge, but that's about as close as I get.

Bonus: WITHOUT USING GOOGLE OR ANY SEARCH, do you know what the title is from?

Probably something parodying Toys R' Us.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd November 2005, 06:57 AM
[colo=red]1. Would you consider yourself vindictive or forgiving (if it depends, eleborate)?

4. What sort of things make you revenge-happy?[/color]

1.) I'm not really vindictive at all. I don't really want to waste my energies about petty revenge, especially since it's most of the times nothing important enough in the first place.

2.) When I was younger I was more the an eye for an eye type of guy but that changed compltely over the years.

3.) Sure but over no big things actually. I remember one time I accidently tipped some ice cream over a friend, he thought I did it on purpose and he'd do the same to me. That actually enraged me a lot to be honest cause he didn't even give me a chance to apologize or something.

4.) Nothing really does except when I see some major unjustice happening on TV, in the news most often. That make me really furious sometimes and I'd wish I could teach the evildoers a lesson.

homeofmew
24th November 2005, 01:19 PM
I am oretty forgiving if they ask for forgiveness
no- sometime peoples plans have backfired.
not that I care.
Lying,cheating,stealing

Bonus: WITHOUT USING GOOGLE OR ANY SEARCH, do you know what the title is from
Well Zak, it was a book Title from RL STINES "Goosebumps".

SupremeChampion
28th November 2005, 01:31 AM

[i]1.) well, i depends... if i'm playing a game and someone goes out of their way to mess with me, yea i go get them back. same with if someone does something like that to me irl. otherwise i'm pretty forgiving.
2.) of yea, in games i've made it so the other person loses or dies or something, and irl i just go around and mess with them, a lot.
3.) yea, in both games and irl
4.) intentionally doing stuff to stop me from winning a game (i mean like focusing on me only), betraying me 9in both games and IRL), lying badly to me... not much else.

~The Italian Stallion

Agent Elrond
6th December 2005, 10:19 PM

Anger is such a tiring emotion, I don't have the energy to keep it up for very long. As a result I am not particularly vengeful. But if someone does something that pisses me off, I usually docket it. I'll remember it, mostly for future reference, that sort of thing. Revenge is a dish best served with creativity and color.

Now, with horses, on the other hand...

When my dad ripped out one of my favorite trees in our back yard I took his bicycle apart and hid the pieces. >:]

Sure. And then I double back them.

I'm not sure. I don't really think about things like that. >.<

Gengachu
7th December 2005, 05:37 PM
I would definitely say forgiving. I'm not one to hold a grudge, and as long as you can explain why you did something, it won't be hard to forgive someone.

No.

Not that I know of.

I dunno. It's like I said. I'm a very forgiving person. I really don't think I could do anything too mean to someone.

Snowbunny
2nd January 2006, 11:49 AM
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Everything.

Magmar
2nd January 2006, 11:10 PM
I'm forgiving. I give people chances all the time. I recently went through a situation where I came out to being bisexual to a friend who was also bisexual, but closeted to most the world. He told the whole world after promising me not to tell anyone. However, I forgave him for it, and never told anyone else that he was bisexual. I'd like to think I'm a decent human being.

Why once I did, and it felt kind of good, but I'd much rather forgive. It feels good to squirt ranch dressing all over someone's car because they are scum.

Never. Nobody has ever sought revenge on me. I've never harmed people. Well, I've been in enough fights. But I always forgive.

I don't know. Something about an emo kid who cuts his wrists in my dorm room makes me want to ranch his car. Beyond that, not a whole lot.

Malheur
5th January 2006, 04:47 PM
» I'd say I'm pretty forgiving. Although it does depend; if it's one of my siblings, I'm very vindictive.
» Yes.
» Yes.
» Basically, anything my siblings do.