PDA

View Full Version : Ranking System Registration (And Nominations for Moderator)

Bulbasaur4
22nd November 2005, 06:57 PM
[color=royablue][font=tahoma]
Alright… firstly, we need everyone to REGISTER for the ranking system. I’m going to be making this thing… so all I need you to do first, is post in this topic. Just say, “I’m registering for the Ranking System.” That way I’ll officially know you’re in the Ranks. Everyone who DOES NOT join the Ranking System and who makes an RPG or joins one, will be added to the system’s list but will be defined as ‘declined’ – as in they declined to be ranked. More will be explained when I get everyone on the list. I’ll wait 2 weeks for everyone to register… (that’s a long time, be we need to give people time. I’ll still be working on the ranking system during that time.) *NOTE* You can opt to be adding to the Ranking System at anytime. Just a reminder... if you opt not to be in the Ranking System, it *could* hurt your reputation.. since most respected RPers would be in it and you'd be undefined.

Another thing? A moderator! Due to inactivity of moderators… we’ll need to add a 4th moderator. Of course, this isn’t a dictatorship… I want people to nominate others to be a moderator. THIS will be open for a week…. You cannot nominate yourself. All those nominated will then be placed in a poll, and a week of voting will commence. (So the Ranking System AND a new moderator will be added in two weeks.)

^_^ Thanks!!

I also have few more questions... reguarding the "Away Topic" and the "Ideas Topic"... keep, throw, merge or change? I'm thinking we'll keep the Away Topic, but we might want to just make a new one and delete the old one. As for the "Ideas Topic"... we can keep that too, but I'm thinking it'll be redone again since it's gotten so large. Also, they will most likely be kept unstickied. That way, if some one new becomes 'away'- you'll know 'cuz the topic will have risen to the topic and the same with the 'Ideas' topic. Just ideas... I'm not close minded to any of it.

Plantae
22nd November 2005, 06:59 PM
Another of them! A splendid idea, I suppose. Hmm... now to think as to who I want to choose. So many possible candidates, and only a week!

Oh, reading a little fast here... "I would like to register for the ranking system."

Also, the AWAY Topic is easily useful. However, it is often that the "RPG Idea" topic fails in popularity. I would unsticky the idea topic, simply because it would draw more attention to it when it suddenly pops to the top of the board. Indeed, the Idea Topic could use a reboot, as full as it is.

Roy Karrde
22nd November 2005, 07:04 PM
Alright first thing first
“I’m registering for the Ranking System.”

Now as for the moderator, I would like to say that I am really glad to see you back Bulba, as for a 4th Mod, I would like to nominate Dru. She seemed to be the unanomous choice back in the chats we had about this, and I think she seems to be a pretty level headed individual. I would also suggest keeping both the Away and Idea topic, just reboot the idea topic since it is so big.

Pichu Luver
22nd November 2005, 07:22 PM
[font=garamond] Eh hem, “I’m registering for the Ranking System.” Thank you! Please come again!

[color=teal][font=garamond]. . .
psssst
please ignore the random crazy person

[color=teal][font=garamond] As for the new mod, I would also vote for Drusilla. I would also agree with Bulbasaur4 in that the Away topic and Idea topic should be unstickied. I don't always notice that a new post has been made, cause well it is only a tiny little blurb of writing saying Today yada yada yada. Seeya later dude/tte peoples!

EVme15
22nd November 2005, 08:00 PM

Keep the Away topic. Dunno about the Ideas, never use it.

I'm not going to nominate someone for modship... frankly, I haven't been active enough recently to know who'd be best suited.

Speaking of activity, I promise I'll have a post ready for Otherworld by the end of Wednesday! ^^;

The_Missing_Link
22nd November 2005, 10:31 PM
Ok, I'll also register for the ranking system

Keep the Away and Ideas topics but make new ones. As for a mod, everyone else is voting for Dru, who I was also going to nominate, so I'll leave it blank

Fai D. Flowright
22nd November 2005, 11:16 PM
Sign me up for the Ranking System as well. Don't wanna miss out on that.

And I'm rather undecided as to who should be a new mod... So I'm going to leave the nominations to those who are a little more decisive than I.

Finally, as others have said.....

New(Away + Idea) / Separation = Huzzah! ^_^

EngiMatikul
22nd November 2005, 11:33 PM
What?!??! A registration system?? In RPG!!! BLASPHEMY!! ABSURD!!! RPG IS NOT POLITICS, WE ARE---
*gets hit in the head by a large protist, and then is threatened by an incredibly large cicilia*

Uh. I mean... of course I'll register for the system!! ^-^;;;;;;;;

Yero Thropp
22nd November 2005, 11:54 PM
I'd like to register for the ranking system.

Um.......

[insert whatever everyone else said here.]

ChobiChibi
23rd November 2005, 06:26 AM
I'm registering for the Ranking System. Probably won't get very far on it, but hey, may as well try ^^

As for a nomination... I'm still thinking. I'll get back to you...

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
23rd November 2005, 06:37 AM
Hello, my physical body is alive although crucial brain cells are dead after 4 1/2 harrowing hours of calculus and etc, and I would like to register for the Ranking System although I know I will be left low and dry somewhere about the rank of 'peon'.... that about covers it, really. x_X
Oh yah, modding - I don't think the RPG forum actually needs an extra mod, but yeah, if you do want an extra mod, I guess I shall plug for Drusilla.

Hyperness is a Good Thing
23rd November 2005, 07:27 AM
I would like to register for the ranking system -
just for the fun of it.

Samchu
23rd November 2005, 11:31 AM
I'm registering for the ranking system! Woot! Go me!

Also, I'd have to agree that Dru should be the new moderator.

Heald
23rd November 2005, 11:32 AM
I'm registering for the Ranking systems, since it was my idea in the first place (another idea by me without my recognition).

Plantae
23rd November 2005, 12:10 PM
Well, I think such pretense was ignored in the small sense of community that is thus going on... But, I think the fact that they were implemented is recognition enough. Regardless, a "huzzah" for Heald then.

Weasel Overlord
23rd November 2005, 12:20 PM
Okay, I'm registering! This looks so fun...good idea everyone! *she cannot remember who had what ideas, so she decides to stick to the safe side*

Also, I nominate Dru for Modship...

Arnen
23rd November 2005, 12:55 PM
*hops up and down* I wanna be in this ranking system thingy! o.o

For mod, I also think Dru would be a good choice.

Crystal Tears
23rd November 2005, 04:36 PM
"I would like to Register for the Ranking System."

Yeehaa.

I vote Dru for Mod. *holds up sign*

Yeehaa.

Toodles~

Perfect Chaos
26th November 2005, 01:13 PM

Keep the Away topic. Dunno about the Ideas, never use it.

I'm not going to nominate someone for modship... frankly, I haven't been active enough recently to know who'd be best suited.

Yeah...ditto what EVme said

Random Person: YOU LAZY MOFO!

Me: Ditto ;)

-sean

Ultimate Charizard
26th November 2005, 09:30 PM
*SLIDES IN SHADILY*

A 4th mod? Cool.
This isnt a particularly busy 'modwise' forum but due to us all being in the 'shouldnt u be adults by now?' age group then our offline time can take over so the more the merrier.

And yeah, Dru is pretty much the Best choice.

Also registering for the Rank system and im gonna make this an apology down to quietness (i refuse to call it inactivity cos im on the forums every night, i just dont post) and my declaration of a Return to Writing.
Ive been uninspired and mentally tired lately but ive got a head bursting with ideas, now i need good writers to help them work.

Also, a number of my Buds i havent seen in ages online. You guys know who you are and i know most of you are in different timezones but i been bored, even Mike wont talk to me anymore lol.

....ok i think ive rambled enough for one night.

Bulbasaur4
27th November 2005, 12:15 AM
WEEEE! GAV-PUU IS BACK!!!! *tackles and huggles and thoroughly-messes-him-up*
^_^ I'm on AIM now... and for those of you who don't know... I'm mentepazzo4 . Many have complained that my name is changed and that I am *not* on MSN much anymore. I am sowwy!

But I'm on AIM.

Oh... and Gav... we need to talk... in my room... privately...
^_^ I've always wanted to say that. lol

I currently have 3 moderator nominations. I see Dru has been nominated quite a lot here... but I've had a few private PMs with silent nominations... which is perfectly fine. (maybe shoulda mentioned that...)
But I'm glad you guys like this! Back to writing ideas fer meh!
*grabs Gav and runz*

Bear
27th November 2005, 08:05 PM
I would also like to register for the ranking. Being back after a long absence sure feels great!

Oh yeah, to make things interesting, I nominate Kuro Espeon.

Drago
28th November 2005, 12:39 AM
Whoa, it's BEAR!! :o I feel young again. As opposed to old. Again.
Additionally, “I’m registering for the Ranking System.” I even know how many RPGs I've been in. Splendid.

Drusilla
28th November 2005, 12:36 PM
I'm registering for the ranking system..... My computer is being incredibly strange at the moments, so I apologize for any typos that may be occurring. I actually can't seewhat I'm typing, as it's all appearing on my screen as wingdings or some other strange font.

Int any case, I apologize for my lack of being here for the past week; I was on vacation and working a lot (go figure), but I'm back now!

Plantae
28th November 2005, 08:54 PM
Bulbasaur4, would you perhaps be keen on revealing a little more about this ranking system? I am wondering exactly how it will work, what offenses and accomplishments will be allowed to effect a roleplayer's reputation, and other similar things. Is there much concept for this yet?

Ultimate Charizard
29th November 2005, 10:29 AM
Well speaking on her behalf (and if im wrong she WILL hit me)
Its basically a way to let GM's and other Posters know what sort of people theyre working with.

Ie if someone with a low ranking joins an rpg they can check why that persons rank is so low and for example, if it is for repeated inactivity or short posts that never aid the story, (simply stating what their charachter did while the event took place etc) then the GM has the option to say no, or at least not risk letting that poster become a central point to the RPG.

Im not sure of the inner workings, thats Kalahs. Though im willing to help as much as poss.

Outlaw JT
29th November 2005, 08:58 PM
Against my better judgement "I'm registering for the Ranking System.”

pokemasterfrank
29th November 2005, 11:37 PM
Against my better judgement "I'm registering for the Ranking System.”

I will ditto that :P

Also, a number of my Buds i havent seen in ages online. You guys know who you are and i know most of you are in different timezones but i been bored, even Mike wont talk to me anymore lol.

And ho my gosh, Gav is back :o The world is ending :P

EDIT: Crap, I've been gone for two months and we still haven't gotten any good smileys? :P *disables smileys*

Mystic_clown
4th December 2005, 06:25 PM
I'll register too...why do I get the feeling I just did something really stupid?

Tyler and Hobbes
4th December 2005, 07:23 PM
I'm registering for the ranking system. . .is that it? Wierd. . . . It feels like I just bought insurance. . .Bogus insurance. . . For some odd reason I feel scared.

Ghost
7th December 2005, 05:26 PM
As everyone before me has said "I’m registering for the Ranking System."

And to agree with fireguardian, it does strangely feel like buying fake insurance.

Ultimate Charizard
7th December 2005, 05:51 PM
Whats wierder is that i do actually sell car insurance for a living :eek:

Would you like to make a claim???? lol

Ghost
7th December 2005, 05:53 PM
Whats wierder is that i do actually sell car insurance for a living :eek:

Would you like to make a claim???? lol

*gasp* Anyways, I vote for Drusilla a moderator, seeing as there is pretty much no one else.

Roy Karrde
7th December 2005, 06:31 PM
Actually it's a bit late, the Voting for the mod took place over the last week, now the Moderators are supposed to debate and we should get a new mod in the next few days.

Ghost
7th December 2005, 07:02 PM
Actually it's a bit late, the Voting for the mod took place over the last week, now the Moderators are supposed to debate and we should get a new mod in the next few days.

Guess i'm a little late I guess eh? Heh, I'm slow. thanks for the information though.

Drusilla
8th December 2005, 07:34 AM
Heh, I'm feeling ripped off since I got so many people "voting" for me in here and then some didn't vote in the actual topic... talk about bogus insurance...

Bulbasaur4
8th December 2005, 11:57 AM
Actually, this is the 'nomination' topic... not voting. So, the nominations really only count as ... well... one nomination.

Don't feel bad and what-not. Some people might have gone with the trend and didn't think about other people... and then when the voting came, they simply were like, 'oh yeaah...' or something to that affect. Seems to happen a lot these days.

Roy Karrde
8th December 2005, 12:02 PM
Yeah, that is what happened to me, I would have voted for Dru and really believe she would be a good mod. But then again Tsuki is one of my best friends and when I found out he was up for nominations, well I didnt want to betray him. I think Tsukasa will be a great mod just like Dru would have been.

Drusilla
8th December 2005, 12:09 PM
Being friends really doesn't make a difference. You should vote on who has the most experience and whatnot, not who's your best buddy...

VirtualPlay
8th December 2005, 01:33 PM
Hm, almost forgot about this.

And back off to bed I go...

classy_cat18
8th December 2005, 01:40 PM
“I’m registering for the Ranking System.” Now that that's out of my system...

Prof. Jb Wolf
9th December 2005, 06:34 PM
*Comes down from my mountain hermitage and sees topic.* Uh...."I'm registering for the Ranking System"? Well things have certainly changed around here....

Heald
10th December 2005, 04:42 AM
Omigosh PJW? PJW! Haven't seen you in flipping ages!

Erandi Brazul
10th December 2005, 07:03 AM
Er hem...

"I would like to assign myself a position that will inform myself and others of my current and future standings amongst my fellow role-players."

Umm...yeah...I'm registering...even though I'm slightly late...

And I'm too new to nominate anyone, or suggest any changes. Things have been fine by me so far!!

Skye
9th January 2006, 09:14 AM
Hn, I just got into the RPG forum so I can't suggest anything yet. But for right now "I'm registering for the Ranking System". Thanks!

Mew Master
9th January 2006, 06:22 PM
Well I hope that the Ranking System wasn't under the two week penalty... I think that was for the Mod Nominations.

If that's the case. Hook me into the Ranking System Thing-a-ma-jig!

Honestly wish I had come back sooner. *puts away self-propoganda, self-nominating bots, and victory speach*

Heh heh =^^=

Ace64
9th January 2006, 08:23 PM
I'll register for the ranking system.
I would keep the away topic, because people are always going away. That thread will save them the trouble of PMing multiple users to let them know. As for the the RPG idea topic...meh. Idk.
As for a mod, I haven't been here nearly long enough to vote. So I'll stay undecided.

Green Lanturn
10th January 2006, 05:50 PM
Though I know im not THAT great of an RPGer, I still feel the need to know.

"I am Registering for the Ranking System".

OOOOH, fun....

~GL

Plantae
10th January 2006, 06:14 PM
As long as Green Lanturn has just revived this, do any of the moderators (primarily directed towards B4) have any information as to how this "system" is progressing?