PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Happy turkey day (USA!)

Magmar
23rd November 2005, 04:08 PM
Just like to wish a happy turkey day to all my fellow americans, and slapped a poll with it that anyone can participate in, obviously!

If your favorite food for Thanksgiving isn't up there, just say what it is and why! Desserts don't count! If you don't celebrate THanksgiving, just pick your favorites, lol. Just bringin' some activity to the ol' forum..

mr_pikachu
23rd November 2005, 04:28 PM
I like turkey and bread rolls, myself. What could possibly beat juicy meat and thickly buttered bread? :biggrin:

Fett One
23rd November 2005, 04:49 PM
From the list, the only thing on it that I like is mashed potatoes so I have to go with that as my answer.

Zak
23rd November 2005, 05:01 PM
Ditto with the above. I'm a pretty picky eater, I can't stand any of the stuff on that list except mashed potatoes.

Arnen
23rd November 2005, 07:05 PM
I like mashed potatoes, but stuffing is also good if it's made right. Sweet potatoes are also good. Cranberry sauce is gross, and I've never tried butternut squash.

Wolfsong
24th November 2005, 12:45 AM
Surprisingly, I like cranberry sauce as long as it isn't touching any other type of food. I also like mashed potatoes, cream corn, and Mama Mike's (my grandmother) chocolate pie. It's one of my favorite dishes she makes, the other being her fried chicken. I also like deep fried turkeys.

homeofmew
24th November 2005, 01:15 PM
CRANBEEY SAUCE! yes, Happy Thanksgiving/ Turkey Day

Jeff
24th November 2005, 09:26 PM
I'm fairly picky, only turkey, rolls and mashed potatos for me. As for desert, :) that's a different story, pumpkin cheesecake, yum. (as well as several other things)

Chris Watarimono
25th November 2005, 07:41 AM
What? No stuffing anybody? =\ C'mon, you can't have a good turkey without stuffing! Mashed potatoes and Cranberry sauce are also good too as long they're not intermixed with other food.

-Chris R.

Drago
26th November 2005, 11:28 PM
Back in the day I would cram any of the above down my gullet, but I had to go with stuffing, mash and cran as my turkey Triforce. Seeing how Australia lacks a day for me to celebrate the turkey goodness, I just down the fowl whenever the mood takes me and I've got the money to fork out. Less festive, but it also means I don't have to put up with some crummy centerpiece on the table.

...Oh, and happy belated Thanksgiving day, y'all.

SupremeChampion
28th November 2005, 01:25 AM
[i]oh man i'm a stuffing fiend, love the stuff. mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes also being choc-ful of goodness. not too much a fan of cranberry sauce though, always tasted nasty to me.

~The Italian Stallion

Craig
28th November 2005, 08:04 PM
Mashed potatoes over stuffing? You monsters!

Stuffing is one of those things so infrequently enjoyed... you just have to love it!