PDA

View Full Version : Songs for the [Broken] Heart

Bulbasaur4
23rd November 2005, 08:32 PM
Hiya! I was... erm... legally... finding songs... and stuffs... *shifty eyes* and I just thought, 'maybe there could be an easier way?'

You see, I'm a die-hard romantic. I don't look at 'certain names' and download all their songs... what I do, is simply take all the names that I know, reguardless of genre, and find their love-romantic songs or their break-up slow songs... and keep those. I don't know why, but I've always been a sap for either love songs or bittersweet break-up songs. (Leaning towards the break-up songs right now. ^^;;; )

So, does anyone have any recommendations? Basically what I'm looking for are slowish songs. I know that there are 'angry' romantic/break-up songs, but i'm not really into the screaming, loud stuffs when it comes to this catagory. (I have plenty of metal-rocking music for parties.. ^^;; Not even touched getting sick of those.) I like any genre if their relatively slow, break-up, romanticish (gosh... I keep repeating here... guess I'm stressing) but the typical genres I have for this type are country, alternative, punk, pop, rock, gothic rock, etc... For instance, the All American Rejects tend to always be fast beat and the typical punk in catagory. However, I found "It Ends Tonight" and I love that song. ^_^ It's away from their normal fast beat, while staying in the catagory still. Same with Nickelback, who has "Far Away" and "If Everyone Cared"... and even "Savin' Me". OH and you'll laugh... but even the new Backstreet Boys CD (that a friend burned for me... mind I don't like paying... lmao... but.. its legal... *shifty eyes*... 'cuz I'm a law-abiding citizen...) has songs that are pretty awesome. "Siberia" and "Lose It All"... good Breaky Songs.

But yeah... any suggestions? I wanna make a few CDs for my road trip and for my... "friend"....
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...

Gavin Luper
23rd November 2005, 10:25 PM
Don't Speak by No Doubt?

Lol ... I have absolutely no idea what you're really looking for, I don't know if that's too poppy for you, but that was what my mind when directly to.

Can't think of anything else ... :D

Cheers!

MToolen
24th November 2005, 08:49 AM
Try "Look What You've Done" by Jet. Hmm... and maybe "I Understand" by Herman's Hermits if you're willing to stretch back that far. Ooh, and "She's Leaving Home" by the Beatles. Technically, anyways. It still has the same spirit.

Hope this helps!

Gavin Luper
25th November 2005, 04:01 AM
Oh, and how could I forget Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler. Classic love-ish song of the 80s.

;)

Cheers!

Roy Karrde
28th November 2005, 03:31 PM
Well for my recent break up with Dani, I have been listening to Full of Grace by Sarah McLachlan and Eternal Snow by Myco. Both are very good breakup songs to listen to. Both seem to be very slowish just one is English while the other one is Japanese.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
1st December 2005, 08:38 AM
In my opinion the best and most powerful song for this particular genre is "That Was Yesterday" by Foreigner. You say you look for slow songs; this one isn't particularly slow, it's more midtempo poprock but I think you should give it a chance.

Magmar
1st December 2005, 10:04 AM
Mr. Big - To Be With You
there ya go.

I don't really listen to much slowish/breakup stuff, I know some pretty good fast breakup songs though