PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Mr. Miyagi

Jaffa
25th November 2005, 12:31 PM
LOS ANGELES – Actor Pat Morita, whose portrayal of the wise and dry-witted Mr. Miyagi in "The Karate Kid" earned him an Oscar nomination, has died. He was 73.

Morita died Thursday at his home in Las Vegas of natural causes, said his wife of 12 years, Evelyn. She said in a statement that her husband, who first rose to fame with a role on "Happy Days," had "dedicated his entire life to acting and comedy."

Such a shame. He was so cool. ;-;

GreenShirT
25th November 2005, 04:40 PM
Aww man that does suck. I love Karate Kid. They are one of my favourite series of movies and he rocked in them. My sympathy goes out to him unlike George Best who boozed himself to death.

Crystal Mew
25th November 2005, 10:53 PM
Aw, that is sad :(

rip

The_Missing_Link
25th November 2005, 11:02 PM
A few years ago, I went to the last game of the season at Camden Yards and the O's were playing the Yankees. Pat Morita came out to sing the Star Spangled Banner and I don't know if he was doing it seriously or not but by the end of the song, I was giggling my head off. In fact, I don't think anyone could keep a straight face throughout the whole thing

He did what he loved and may he rest in peace

Craig
25th November 2005, 11:44 PM
Mr. Miyagi was perhaps the most badass man to ever have lived. Fictional or not.

This is a great loss to humanity as a whole...

rip!

Gavin Luper
27th November 2005, 12:24 AM
Awww ... Mr Miyagi was so cool. He made the Karate Kid movies the great things that they were. And he just seemed like one of the coolest people.

May he rest in peace.

ryandude713
29th November 2005, 11:36 PM
I'm pissed off that he is dead, because I've always wanted him to be my mentor, and teach me how to be as badass as he is.
Pat Morita deserves his spot in Valhalla.

Magmar
30th November 2005, 09:20 PM
no way! oh no :( I loved those cheesy movies

Gengachu
7th December 2005, 05:00 PM
It is very sad that he died. :(

RedStarWarrior
1st January 2006, 11:58 PM
Wax on, wax off. Rest in peace!