PDA

View Full Version : Mirage Tower Tiles.

Stormchaser
25th November 2005, 11:18 PM
I have the reflexes of a dead banana slug, and am wondering if there's any place I can go to figure out how I need to move on these tiles. I can move across two, then stop... Oi vey.

mr_pikachu
25th November 2005, 11:25 PM
Well, you'll need the Mach Bike, first of all. The excerpt at the end of this post (which is from a GameFAQs guide) will give you directions, but if you have trouble handling the Mach Bike... well, you'll just have to keep trying. I suggest you save after completing each floor; that way, you won't have to repeat a bunch of steps every time you mess up. It's difficult, but keep on trying! You'll get it eventually.

First Floor
=============
Just go around and go up the stairs.

Second Floor
==============
Get up speed and zoom across the cracks with the MACH BIKE to get across them
without stopping or else you will fall through to the First Floor.

Third Floor
=============
Just go around and go up to the fouth floor

Fourth Floor
==============
No do the same as the Second floor and when you get to where you can't go any
further, fall down one of the middle cracks. And go up to the Fifth Floor.

Fifth Floor
=============
Go up to the Sixth Floor

Sixth Floor
=============
Now continue on to the Seventh Floor

Seventh Floor
===============
Ok as soon as you get on this floor SAVE. Now continue to the Beast that is
Rayquaza.

EDIT: Oops. Well, as Poryhedron pointed out, I'm an idiot. Sorry about that. Still, you've pretty much got to do the same things that I mentioned here, so I guess I wasn't a total moron... -_-;

Stormchaser
25th November 2005, 11:31 PM
Thank you. This is my first pokemon game, and was horrified my slow reflexes would keep me back, hah. I was always the poor sod getting vaporized in FPS games, but I always found the grenades, so I took half of 'em down with me. Now, to climb that tower!

Edit: Erm? Is that the tower in the desert? I'm in the one with the swirly sand wind outside... Isn't Rayquaza level 70? My guys are only 29...

Poryhedron
25th November 2005, 11:34 PM
No, that's the wrong tower. The description mr_pikachu posted is for the Sky Pillar, east of Pacifidlog. Mirage Tower is different. He's right about needing the Mach Bike, and about how all you can do is keep practicing...and that saving after each Mach Bike floor is wise.

Stormchaser
25th November 2005, 11:34 PM
Okay, thanks. I'll keep at it. My current record is two tiles... Then I hit the wall and go in, yuck.

Poryhedron
27th November 2005, 09:26 AM
By the way, if you want a less grueling place to practice your Mach Bike skills before you challenge the Tower again, there's a crumbling-tile area in Dewford's Granite Cave that's a bit easier.