PDA

View Full Version : poll: are you a courteous shopper?

Katie
26th November 2005, 11:51 PM
I work in retail and it blows my mind how lazy and rude some customers are

1. when you try something on in the fitting room, do you bring back the stuff you don't want and hang it on the return rack? (only applies to stores without that take-a-number system thingy)
2. if you knock stuff down when walking, do you put it back where it came from?
3. have you ever yelled at a salesperson (if so share stories, deserved or otherwise :D)

----
me
1. always. mom always taught me to bring it back out, never crossed my mind otherwise. after getting this job though I put it all the way back where I got it from, help the poor 'ployees out.
2. used to depend on my mood. lately, if it's my store and I'm off the clock: yes. other stores: depends on mood ._. mostly yes though.
3. no but my mom's covered enough of that for the both of us. :D I did get yelled at wednesday though, I showed up to the register like "I can take the next person in line" so a guy at the end of the other line gets in my line (me: uh, or that) and the lady at the front of the line opposite me flips out like "OMG. U TAKE PERSON AT FRONT OF LINE NOT BACK. HO. I GO SIT IN CAR WITH DOG" and as she storms out her husband gives me this "I am so. effing. sorry about her" look. heh.

edit: I HATE these new smilies
edit2: hey I thought giving it a poll made it say 'poll' automatically. ah well.

Zak
27th November 2005, 02:39 AM
1. I never go clothes shopping... I always hated it. My mom buys my clothes. :D

2. Usually... unless I'm like in a hurry, in which case I'd hope someone else notices long after I leave.

3. If telemarketers count, then yes. Otherwise no... I'd probably be too shy to do it even if I was that angry with them. But my mom certainly stands up to them a lot.

~Zak

mr_pikachu
27th November 2005, 05:22 PM
1. when you try something on in the fitting room, do you bring back the stuff you don't want and hang it on the return rack? (only applies to stores without that take-a-number system thingy)

Of course! Why wouldn't you? It'd be just laziness not to do that.

Are you kidding me? I'm the kind of person who sorts stuff when I see it's out of order, even if I just happen to be walking by! Of course I put things back where they go!

3. have you ever yelled at a salesperson (if so share stories, deserved or otherwise :D)

No, but on occasion my facial expressions will do more than enough to let people know that they've just lost a customer. Of course, this is very rare, and usually when the people mess up absolutely everything in my purchase - sometimes multiple times. :P

Drago
28th November 2005, 12:55 AM
1. when you try something on in the fitting room, do you bring back the stuff you don't want and hang it on the return rack?
I put clothes back where I got them from, though it's not like I do it often anyway. Last time I went clothes shopping was about a year ago. I like my ragged old wardrobe.

Always. Even if someone else knocks it down, or I happen to notice something on the floor, I pick it up and put it back. I should be on the payroll for this stuff.

3. have you ever yelled at a salesperson
No, but I've often known the supplies they have better than they do, which makes me tempted to yell. 'Thank you for telling me what a PSP is, but I was talking about a DS. Slight difference there.'

SupremeChampion
28th November 2005, 01:22 AM

[i]1.) actually, i usually take it back to where i got it from.
2.) of course, i mean since i knocked it down and all
3.) haha not really, since i usually don't have any problems with them.

~The Italian Stallion

Crystal Mew
28th November 2005, 01:49 AM
yay katie made a poll 8)

1. I rarely try clothes on, but when I do, yes I put it back on the rack.

2. I also work in retail now, so yes, if I am in my store I always pick it up. even if I'm not working I pick stuff up. but if I'm in...wal mart (I hate the wal mart here) and I drop something I hardly ever pick it up because the employees dont really care, and they never pick up anything. that walmart is the crappiest one I've ever been in, and they never get rid of all the foreign stuff lying around, so I do not feel guilty or obligated to put stuff away :)

3. I have never yelled at a salesperson! but being a cashier, and sometimes being placed in customer service, I have been yelled at. multiple times..haha

I'll only type one story k :)

I was a cashier, and this guy came through my lane buying a lamp for $29.99. He said he bought one the day before, and his wife told him to come back and buy another one- but this time he had a coupon for $5 off a purchase $25 or more. so I was like "ok thats fine" and after I ring up his lamp he hands me the coupon. its for a free pepsi when you buy another pepsi product. ~_~'
so I was like "um..sir this is for a free pepsi"
"no it isnt!!! its for $5 off!!"
"..it says free pepsi right here"
"I cant beleive this. you guys advertise this $5 off thing and I expect to get $5 off, in fact I'm not leaving till I do"
bear in mind this is an old guy, so reasoning with him is impossible.

then he tells me to get my supervisor over here, so I blink my light, she comes over..I explain the situation, and she tells him its for a free pepsi. DUHHHH

and he gets really pissed, haha. "WHATERVER...FINE I'll TAKE IT. but this is unbelievable :|"

then he crumples up the coupon and throws it at me. rofl......thanks old man! learn to read in the future :wave:

that was a long story, but oh well

Lady Vulpix
28th November 2005, 04:07 AM
1. Yes, I do.
2. Yes, I do.
3. No, it hasn't come to that yet. Though I have yelled at my mom and my grandma when they went shopping with me because they get really annoying (I try to avoid taking them shopping with me; moreover, when I can, I try to avoid shopping altogether).

midnightangel
29th November 2005, 11:38 AM
Actually I'm the kind of person that will put the item back where I got it. If I'm pressed for time, then I hang it on the return rack

Sure do...otherwise I might trip on it somehow ;) I always do.

Never...If I do find myself getting irked, I stop and count to 10 (or 100 :biggrin:) then talk to the sales person. It's not good to have all that stress

Most of the time I keep myself in check and try to be as helpful and as polite as possible.

Jeff
5th December 2005, 10:16 PM
Seriously, I can't remember the last time I went shopping for clothes, I just try on whatever my mom and sister bring back for me when they go shopping.

Yeah, most of the time, if I'm in a hurry or just in a bad mood, I'll let one of the employees get it.

No, I haven't

And somewhat related to the poll, yeah I know what you mean by customers being lazy, I work at a locally owned deli/convinence store, and I'm constantly finding things that got put back in the wrong row, or even worse, just sitting on a counter or somewhere else where products don't go (and yeah, I always wait to see if someone isn't just sitting it there while they do something else, and usually they're just leaving it there :mad: ).

Agent Elrond
6th December 2005, 10:15 PM

I actually never shopped at a place where they didn't use the number thingie. But if I did, I expect I would, it's the responsible thing to do.

Yes... sometimes I put it back so well no one ever finds it again. Depends on the circumstances. >.>

I usually avoid salespeople like the Black Riders myself. If i must come into contact with one, I like to have 200+ lbs. of Dad in front of me.

AntiAsh Superstar
8th December 2005, 09:26 AM
1. Hahaha... actually most places I try things on at either have a rack specifically for hanging up stuff you've tried on so the salespeople can put it back or are so obscure and tiny and quiet it's easy enough to palm off anything I don't want onto the sales assistant helping (in that case I've normally gone in with a specific purchase in mind tho... oh I love my lace-up trousers...)

2. Actually yes

3. Nah. I'd only blow my top if they were bugging me too much while I was browsing, in which case I'd prolly be like "FFS GET OUT OF MY FACE >=O" but mercifully that hasn't actually happened to me yet.

en0miz
11th December 2005, 11:38 AM
Sorry, but I'm type who just tends to throw stuff I don't want in random places. People who work there don't get paid for just sitting around, do your job. And yeah, I worked retail before (Gamestop) so I know how it feels to put stuff back where it belongs.

When I'm in a place where it seems like the salesperson is following my every move, yeah. But in crappy places like Walmart, hell no.

I argue with the employees at my college's local Walmart all the time. Me and my friends enjoy going over there around 2 - 3 in the morning and using the scooters for the handicapped and having scooter races. Last time we did this, some sales associate had the nerve to stop me and say if I don't get off the scooter they're calling the cops. I made up some story saying my knee hurts, but when they approached me again telling me to take it back, I said "Why don't YOU take it back.." and walked away leaving the thing in the middle of the store.. lols.

phaedrus
31st December 2005, 03:07 PM
1. yes
2. yes
3. no.

Snowbunny
2nd January 2006, 11:48 AM
1. Yes, I do.
2. Usually always, unless I'm in a rush.
3. No.

Malheur
5th January 2006, 04:55 PM
1. when you try something on in the fitting room, do you bring back the stuff you don't want and hang it on the return rack?
» I bring it back and put it where I found it... although I'm really bad at folding pants/shirts so they tend to look messy when I put them back. x__x
» Yes. I can't stand when people knock things down and leave them on the ground.
3. have you ever yelled at a salesperson
» No... I could never yell at someone I don't even know. ^^;

Skye
5th January 2006, 05:01 PM
Yes, and it annoyes me when I go to a dressing room and other people's clothes are still in the room >.>;

Unless I don't notice it, then yes.

Nope. And neither does my mom. My father, however, would get us kicked out of stores and restaurants with his raging. Oh, yeah. That reminds me one time I just started shouting cause I was starving and the people at I Hop were being slower than molasses. I swear, that made me so mad. But that was like five years ago. ^^; I'm much more patient now.

Magmar
6th January 2006, 10:31 AM

Depends. If there's already shit all over the floor, I just add on to the mess. You know what's awesome? Go to one of those department stores and just look at the shit that's been tried on. You wouldn't believe the shit that people have tried on and put back. Do they really think that looks good?

If I'm caught or it's a small store, yes. If it's like Walmart, fuck it I probably deliberately knocked it over because someone pissed me off. Edit: I just noticed that both my answers were nearly exactly the same as "en0miz" posted... hehehe :D

Once, some broad accused me of stealing from Hot Topic. (I hadn't stolen anything.) I yelled at her and she permanently banned me from shopping there... the next day I got a $20 gift card to that store. :angry:

Another time I was at the exercise equipment store looking for heavier weights, when I saw this punching bag that I really wanted to hit. Unfortunately I hit it in just a way that it jammed my knuckle, so I shouted "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" and hit it again, hurting my hand a little more. Some guy asked me to leave, I told him to go f himself and stormed out.

If you catch me on a really bad day, I do have a rotten attitude, it seems...