PDA

View Full Version : Box deposit tallies

rinku
28th November 2005, 06:25 PM
Quick question:

Can you import and export the same pokémon to and from a cart (or between two carts) in order to increase the number of pokémon deposited in Box?

In other words, if I move 200 pokémon from my Emerald in to Box, then take them back and deposit them again, does it count as 400 pokémon deposited?

Gagome
30th November 2005, 02:25 AM
Yes, you can import and export the same Pokemon in Box. But it will not increase the number of Pokemon deposited.

The number of Pokemon you put or retrieve from Box are solely stored in the game cart. Nothing about how many Pokemon you have put into Box from a cart is stored in the gamecube memory module of Box. Only the Pokemon which are in Box are stored there.

On a game cart there is some kind of a Pokemon Box counter. Whenever you put a Pokemon into Box this counter increases and, of course, whenever you remove a Pokemon from Box this counter decreases.
So, you will only get the Box Eggs when this counter has reached a certain value.

100 Zigzagoon
500 Skitty
1499 Pichu

And when you first connect your game cart to Box you will get a Swablu.
Notice that when you first connect your game cart to Box this incident (and whenever you get an Egg) is stored on the game cart too. Even when you put or retrieve no Pokemon from Box you will not get a second Swablu Egg after you reconnect your game to Box.

rinku
30th November 2005, 05:46 PM
Got it. The little point about the counter decrementing when you withdraw them was a new piece of info I hadn't heard before, but makes perfect sense.

Damn. That means I have absolutely no idea how many more I need to deposit from either my Sapphire or my Emerald to get one, since I've done huge amounts of bulk transfers. I know it's at least 500 on each, because I've gotten two Payday Skitty.

*sigh*

Oh well, good thing I've been breeding 'em like rabbits and dumping the duds on Box. May have to set up a few Safaris...

andyizcool
3rd December 2005, 02:26 PM
I thought Route 101 and Repeat Balls was the quickest way.

rinku
4th December 2005, 11:33 PM
Depends on your cash. I've already stripped my Sapphire pretty much to feed Emerald, so I can't just buy a bunch of whatever balls I like. Safari zone is slow and frustrating, but potentially quite cheap, especially if you run away from hard to catch pokémon. You would expect to catch around 10-15 Oddish for P500.

I'm currently just using up my existing stock of balls, Once I've done that I'll transfer everyting and see if I get the prize. Since most of the pokémon in box and my Emerald have come from the Sapphire cart, I figure I have to be pretty close.

(Actually, breeding is the very cheapest. I probably should have some breeders going while I hunt R117 for prime Roselia)