PDA

View Full Version : Teen with Peanut Allergy Dies After Kiss

Knight of Time
29th November 2005, 05:24 AM
Teen with Peanut Allergy Dies After Kiss (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051128/ap_on_re_ca/canada_deadly_kiss;_ylt=AgcQWI3YFxUeymOBB8q_E5Ws0N UE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-)

-such a sad story here. Despite the fact that like this poor teen that lost her life, I am also allergic to peanuts, but I could never imagine something happening like this.

mr_pikachu
29th November 2005, 01:19 PM
Wow, she must've had an extremely severe allergy. That's really tragic.

The boyfriend must be horrified about it...

Knight of Time
29th November 2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah. To anyone else who posts here, please forgive me if the topic title upsets you, as like I said before, I do have an allergy to peanuts after all.

To see a fellow person with a peanut allergy die, now that is awful, just awful.

To tell you the trush mr_pikachu, if that deceased girl had a severe allergy to peanuts, no doubt my allergy may be as severe as hers. Heck, when I was young, I broke out in hives at least once, but I'm sure glad I'm alive. That just goes to show you, you have to be careful around people who have eaten something with peanuts or peanut butter if you have a severe allergy to peanuts.

Kris
29th November 2005, 04:57 PM
My brothers a teacher and a girl in his class has a pretty bad alergy to peanuts. If shes sat on the same table as someone whos eaten peanuts she gets all cold like (coughs, sneezes etc).

Can you image how this could restrict things though? I mean having to ask if theyve had any nuts before kissing them?

Heald
29th November 2005, 05:05 PM
A question to the nut-allergy sufferers...

Does it annoy you that pretty much everything puts 'may contain traces of nut' or 'manufactured in the same 500 miles as a pack of peanuts', from chocolate to ice cream to foot cream, just so they can cover their asses, despite the fact their products have a 0.001% chance of containing even a likeness to peanuts? Do you eat/use these products in spite of these warnings? I'd be pissed as hell.

Knight of Time
29th November 2005, 05:38 PM
A question to the nut-allergy sufferers...

Does it annoy you that pretty much everything puts 'may contain traces of nut' or 'manufactured in the same 500 miles as a pack of peanuts', from chocolate to ice cream to foot cream, just so they can cover their asses, despite the fact their products have a 0.001% chance of containing even a likeness to peanuts? Do you eat/use these products in spite of these warnings? I'd be pissed as hell.

Yeah, it can be annoying with some things that have those warnings. I've eaten many bars of chocolate among other things, and I don't remember ever having any strange feeling from eating one. Surprisingly, I noticed some products happen to be nut free/peanut free. Rather surprising if you ask me.

Girafarig
29th November 2005, 06:51 PM
That's some pretty weird stuff.

.hacker
29th November 2005, 07:41 PM
Well, I guess it gives a whole new meaning to "the kiss of death"..... :redface:

homeofmew
30th November 2005, 11:00 PM
Really allergic indeed.
wonder how the guy feels lol.
and the parents: YOU KISS MY DAUGHTER!

Magmar
1st December 2005, 12:26 AM
Ooh... ouch.

I thought it was a joke at first. Then I saw the source and knew it wasn't

SR-71 EKFTS
8th December 2005, 07:29 AM
It is very sad to see someone die because of something that neither of them could control. How could the boy have known that a kiss would kill someone like that. I feel sorry for both the family and that boy.

RedStarWarrior
1st January 2006, 11:55 PM
Peanuts are awesome and I couldn't imagine being allergic to them, let alone this horrific incident.

George Washington Carver must be rolling over in his grave.

shazza
2nd January 2006, 11:13 AM
I read about that awhile ago. Must have been a VERY strong allergy.

Peanut butter is fucking awesome.