PDA

View Full Version : Detailed Discussion : WEEZING ! Puffy Poison POWERHOUSE !

IronMike
5th March 2003, 10:35 PM
Well mo props to da Stick man for his cool thread idea of course.

I would like to discuss the power of Weezing , the weird gas ball thing. James' best buddy , GO WEEEEEEEEZing !

Base STATS !

HP 65 AT 90 DF 120 Sp 60 SA 85 SD 70 High defense , good attack , yucky HP and speed m and decent SA/SD

Characteristic
floating :Ground-type moves have no effect.

Effort Points from Battling - Defense: 2

Lv1 Poison Gas
Lv1 Tackle
Lv1 Selfdestruct
Lv9 Smog
Lv17 Selfdestruct
Lv21 Sludge
Lv25 Smokescreen
Lv33 Haze
Lv44 Explosion
Lv51 Destiny Bond
Lv58 parting gift

TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 provocation
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM27 Return
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM34 electroshock
TM35 Flamethrower
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM38 Fire Blast
TM41 ichamon
TM42 bravado
TM43 secret power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
HM05 Flash

Egg moves !

Screech
Psywave
Psybeam
Destiny Bond
Pain Split
Jack-o'-lantern

Dunno what I'd do about the moveset , but we can help each other with our coolio ideas.

Weezing @ ??? ( I don't know what all the items are :( )
Floating
Sludge Bomb , for STAB
Screech , to lower DEF
Explosion , to go out with a bang
Destiny Bond / Parting Gift , to go with the explosion

Thats not very good I think , but I'm not sure of Poisons weaknesses. Think it's Bug , Ground ( taken care of by the floating ) , and maybe rock and fighting. *as you can tell I haven't played Pokemon for awhile....;o *

Sludge Bomb , STAB and grass
Flamethrower , for bugs and grass
Explosion ,cause its fun to explode
Psybeam , for fighting ( which probably isn't a weakness )

Might as well try another moveset that'll help people get there brains booming....

Sludge Bomb
Toxic
Parting Gift
Smokescreen

My attempt at an annoying Moveset , kinda eh I know , but at least I'm trying right ? :P

How bout Sludge Bomb , Explosion , Flamethrower , Screech ? That'll be my last idea....

LET THE DISCUSSION BEGIN !!!!!!!:D

Dr Crocodile
5th March 2003, 11:04 PM
Weezing@+Speed Berry
Characteristic: Floating
Personality: + Atk or Spd and -SpAtk or Neutral
~Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball
~FireBlast/ShadowBall/Jack-o-Lantern
~Haze/Filler
~Destiny Bond/Explosion

Since Weezing's only weakness now is Psychic, if your enemy wants to take him down fast, they will switch in their Psychic type and let you get a free hit on the switch in with Shadow Ball. Sludge Bomb for a good STAB attack and Fire Blast for Steels. Choose two for attacks or choose one and Jack-O-Lantern. Weezing now has no physical weaknesses and still has the great physical defense it has had all these years. Since Jack-O-Latern burns your opponent and Weezing has no physical weaknesses to exploit, it can become a physical wall. Its a shame it doesn't have more HP though. Haze is there if you need a Hazer. If not, you can put anything else. Now here is where the Speed Berry comes into play. Weezing is often too slow to pull of a Destiny Bond before it dies but with the +Speed Berry, when its HP gets critical, the best time for Destiny Bond and Explosion, its gets the speed boost it needs to pull off the move before his opponent. Destiny Bond is obviously the better choice although Exploding is much more fun. Haze shouldn't clash since it activates when you about to die and I'm sure at that point you are more concerned with taking your enemy down with you than Hazing them. Its nothing radically different form what you have already said, just a good combonation of attacks.

Scythemantis
5th March 2003, 11:35 PM
Hows he fare with shell bell?

rinku
6th March 2003, 12:10 AM
Yup, I reckon we'll see this guy around a bit. Best taken care of with a powerful Psychic attack, but his sacrifice moves make it tricky to switch one in. He's in trouble if he come out against one, so you'll want a good Psychic-killer to back him up in your team to switch to. Anything Dark would be suitable.

Of course, you never know who might be packing the odd non-type Psychic move, and if they expect him to explode, a tough Steel type might be better anyway (Aggron is able to withstand it, as is any Ghost or off-screen pokémon). Actually, a Ghost type with Psychic could really ruin his day. It's also worth noting that the only special type attack he's actually resistant to is Grass - any serious Fire, Water, Electric, Ice, Dragon or Dark attack might well KO him anyway. But that's a matter for trainer skill to minimise the chance of it happening, as usual.

Dunno about Destiny Bond - is he fast enough for it to really work? Ghost seems to be a good choice for a non STAB physical move to cover Poison's weaknesses. Maybe:

Explosion
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Screech

Crude, but I'd expect it to be effective. My thoughts pretty much mirror Dr.Crocodile's, but I'm not sure how much room for subtlety a slowish exploder has. He *isn't* the slowest thing around, though, so Screech is useful for dealing with those that are, which almost all have high Defense. Screech goes well with Explosion as well - you can't usually explode twice to get more damage over two turns, after all :)

DarkMarowak
6th March 2003, 12:12 AM
No way, Weezing can learn Shadow Ball now? O.O
Heck yeah! This guy is defenitly going on one of my teams now. :)

Sludge Bomb - for STAB and type advantages
Haze - bye bye paralization and confusion :wave:
Flamethrower - for steel types and bugs
Shadow Ball - psychic and ghost destroyer *droolz*

Runpapa
6th March 2003, 12:24 PM
What's wrong with Smokescreen? This move is great for the slower Pokemon such as Weezing. It's an early learn, plus very effective. No one uses these aim-reducer moves like Ss and Mud-Slap, dunno why!?

Smokescreen/Screech
Explosion
Shadowball
Flamethrower/SludgeBomb

Since Weezing's SA seems decent, I feel safer learning both a Physical and Special move...then two tactical/defensive moves.

stickachu
6th March 2003, 12:36 PM
I'd go with the moveset posted by rinku:

Explosion
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Screech
@speed berry

You have to go with speed berry to be able to get the explosion off in time... heh heh... explode :D screech works very well with having 3 physical attacks (as well as weezing's already good attack stat.) You could use haze in that spot too, or fire blast.

Hmm... I really like weezing now. He's probably gonna outshine my favorite poison type (Muk). darn it.

Oddish17
6th March 2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by DarkWobbuffet

Haze - bye bye paralization and confusion

That's not how Haze works at all. Haze reverts the stats of all current pokemon back to normal. It undoes all those moves that raise a pokemon's stat, which is why it's quite useful because of the new moves Build Up and Enlighten, along with all the other stat raising moves.

DarkMarowak
6th March 2003, 02:28 PM
No... I know for a fact that Haze can also get rid stat ailments (like poison, paralize and confusion) as well... unless they changed it for Ruby/Sapphire... o_o'

A-Rod
6th March 2003, 02:45 PM
You're thinking about heal bell D. Wobbuffet.

BrandenPkmnMaster
6th March 2003, 02:59 PM
Yeah Haze gets rid of things like Double Team, Curse, Swords Dance, etc. on all pokemon. Heal Bell reverts Paralysis, Sleep, Poison, etc.
My Favorite Weezing Set would be:
~Explosion
~Jack O' Lantern
~Shadow Ball
~Screech
>Speed Berry<

Jack O' Lantern is for early status pressure. Screech is obvious as it lowers Defense allowing more damage for Explosion and Shadow Ball. Shadow Ball for Psychics and Explosion/Speed Berry go together nicely.

rinku
6th March 2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Runpapa
What's wrong with Smokescreen? This move is great for the slower Pokemon such as Weezing. It's an early learn, plus very effective. No one uses these aim-reducer moves like Ss and Mud-Slap, dunno why!?

Dunno about in the pre-RS games, but there's probably too many "alawys hits" moves floating around now, as well as many Traits that prevent them working. Also, I suspect evasion enhancing moves are preferred as they can be baton passed, and stay around if your plan goes as expected (i.e. the opponent's pokémon is the one that faints).

However, I'd have thought these moves better for faster pokémon? I'd also not include it in a "hand grenade" moveset - you don't much care if Weezing is roughed up a bit before he explodes. But it has its place for cunning plans and in-game.

IronMike
6th March 2003, 04:03 PM
I really need my Pokemon Strategy Guide.....

Not for the walkthrough , but mainly for the type advantage chart and such , better pick one up before I make a team that gets killed by weaknesses I didn't know they had , lol.

Now after having been helped by my Poke Forum friends I think I'll go with....

Weezing@Leftovers/Speed Berry
Floating

*Sludge Bomb - STAB , kill things weak to Poison
*Smokescreen/Screech - most likely smokescreen cause it'll be funny to make my friend all mad when he can't hit me , but screech is awful good for clobbering things and is the option that makes more sense
*Explosion/Destiny Bong - Go out in a ball of brusting poison glory , or have then come down with you
*Shadow Ball - psychic blaster and ghosty stopper

These threads are so helpful , thanks for everyones help and dicussion ablities !

GO WEEZING !

Deck Knight
6th March 2003, 09:13 PM
Poison:

Immunity: None
Resistance: Bug, Fighting, Poison
Weakness: Ground, Psychic
Normal: anything not listed

Now, Floating changes Ground from weakness to IMMUNITY!!! Meaning Wezing has 1, yes ONE weakness(3 resistances, and an immunity).

Weezing has great poisonous potential, Sludge Bomb is a MUST most Psychics have weak defense, so Shadow Ball is rather pointless. Weezing is slower than them anyway, short of being passed accelerations from Tekkanin, it can't keep up.

Here is a nice diabolical set:

Weezing @ Leftovers
Trait: Floating
-Speed +Attack
Sludge Bomb
Flamethrower
Return
Shadow Ball

Best when passed Speed and Attack, its a physical tank with Flamethrower for Steels, it can take anything but a Psychic hit, which is what Darks were created for. and combined with Kokutasu, this thing can be evil. Resistant to Bug and Fiughting, Nokutasu's weaknesses... in fact... ANY Darks weaknesses... if only we had Houndoom... or Ttar... or sumethin'...

Aninymouse
6th March 2003, 10:59 PM
most of the best sets've already been posted, but here's my spin:

@speed berry
Destiny Bond - dont have to worry about opponent switching to ghosts or intense defense type things
Jack-o-Lanturn
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb

or

Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Destiny Bond
Haze

not all that many hazers in RS... he makes a good one imho.

"sleep is for the weak"

Chrisodeo
7th March 2003, 09:08 PM
Weezing@Speed Berry
+Speed, -Def
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Fire Blast
Destiny Bond/Explosion

Same as everyone else's, I know. Sludge Bomb is for stab. Shadow Ball is for Ghosts and Psys. Fire Blast is for Steels and the occasional Shedinja, and D-Bond/Plode is for a going-away present. I've got a different set too, but don't laugh.

Weezing@Lefties
+Speed, -Def
Jack-O'-Lantern
Double Team
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower

Like above stated, with JOL the purple ball becomes a physical wall. And everybody knows what's fun about walls. Weezing gets prepared to be 00berfied. Obviously, this is intended to begin setup when the Psychic's gone. You can still attack normally, you just won't be able to plode or get stab (Flamethrower is basically a more powerful, more effective Sludge Bomb anyway).