PDA

View Full Version : Cyrus vs. Ryandude763, ref needed

Cyrus
5th March 2003, 10:43 PM
DQ: 48 hours
3 vs. 3, 2 out at first in a melee style, one in reserve.
Arena: River Vally. River Rapid passing through center of arena, large bolders around arena. Can be used for cover or weapons. Grass field on either side of the rapids.
You choose first, I attack first.

ryandude713
5th March 2003, 10:49 PM
LES GO WOMAN

I'll send out Smoke Bomb, my Male Koffing.

And My second Poke will be...

Quick Claw, My female Sneasle

your move holy man

Cyrus
5th March 2003, 11:17 PM
Alright, lets get this started and hope a ref shows up...

I will select Howlett (Male Kabutops). Howlett, wave to Ryan. Howlett, start off by using seismic toss on Quickclaw. Pitch him into a rock if you can't get him into the rapids. Next, if he has been slammed into a rock, Ancient Power, place him between a rock and a hard place, another rock and cost the cat one of her lives. If she is in the water, cats don't like baths, so lets give her a real good one. Use surf to increase the force of the water, drag her under and slam her into rocks. Lastly, if she has been squeshed between rocks, make a small substitue. If the cat is in the water, give her a second bath. Swift if double team is used and shift the command do to th next slot. (Swift first then seismic toss for example)

For my second pokemon I select Kartan (Male Kadabra). Kartan, bow to your opponents. First, use your psychic powers to force Smoke Bomb into the water. If the thing floats out, use disable to disable how it hovers. If it stays in the water like a good bomb, double team. Lastly, thunderwave quickclaw if Smoke Bomb is still under water, thunder wave Smoke Bomb if it has surfaced. Disable Quickclaw if she preforms a dark attack at yourself.

ryandude713
5th March 2003, 11:28 PM
:no:

ur plan is all wrong

Smoke Bomb: Fire a Smokescreen all around before Kartan can pick up on you. Then use Psywave of Kartan. Finish off with Thunderbolt on Howlette.

Speed Claw: Once the Smokescreen comes up, Dig underground. Come out of your ditch and use Aglility to get around Howlette. Find Kartan and use Shadow Ball.

have fun Cyrus

RaZoR LeAf
6th March 2003, 01:51 PM
I'll ref. Will try and get reffing up sometime 2moz. My sister is going to hog the phone all tonight, and the phone is right next to the computer, so i wont be able to use it.

Cyrus
6th March 2003, 01:57 PM
thats fine, thank you

Cyrus
10th March 2003, 10:29 AM
ref?

RaZoR LeAf
10th March 2003, 03:43 PM
Sorry, i know. I'm having tutorials this week in uni, so i've been doing alot of background work, storyboards, idea storms, etc. I PROMISE, to get it up tomorrow.

Cyrus
10th March 2003, 03:56 PM
Thats fine, its an understandable delay.

RaZoR LeAf
11th March 2003, 11:23 AM
* Battle *
Cyrus
Howlett & Kartan
versus
Ryandude 713
Smoke Bomb & Quick Claw

* Stats *
Cyrus
Howlett the Kabutops (M)
100% Health
00% Fatigue

Kartan the Kadabra (M)
100% Health
00% Fatigue

Ryandude713
SmokeBomb the Koffing(M)
100% Health
00% Fatigue

QuickClaw the Sneasel (F)
100% Health
00% Fatigue

* Trainer Issued Commands *
Cyrus
Howlett - "Seismic Toss ~ Ancient Power/Surf ~ Substitute/Surf"
Kartan - "Psychic ~ Double Team/Disable ~ Thunder Wave/Disable"
Ryandude713
Smoke Bomb - "Smoke Screen ~ Psywave ~ Thunder Bolt"
Quick Claw - "Dig ~ Agility ~ Shadow Ball"

* Pre Battle Status *

In a calm field, with the sun gazing down on the lush acres of grass, a violent river flows through the center. Waves smashing against rocks, anything caught in the rapids would be seriously hamred, and it is here, that our combatents choose to fight. Cyrus and Ryandude713 both approach the field. This battle will be a three on three. The first two pokemon will battle melee style, with the third and final coming into play when one has fallen. Ryandude calls his pokemon first. Smoke Bomb, a male Koffing floats just above the black furred Sneasel, Quick Claw. Cyrus follows suit releasing Kartan, a Kadbra who bows elegantly to his opponents, and Howlett a Kabutops who waves one of his claws in Ryandude's direction. With that out of the way, the trainers take their positions, and call out their commands. The battle begins.

* Round One Begins *

Kartan's eyes begin to glow, his iris' darken to a deep red, while his body begins to shimmer with psychic powers. His target Smoke Bomb feels a grip tighten around him, a strong grip that moves him with ease. The ball of poison cannot resist the grasp, and has only one option. From his mouth a billow of thick dark smoke empties into the field. So black and thick that no pokemon present can see through it. Kartan knows however that Smoke Bomb is still held in his psionic grip, and still hearing the rushing waters, throws the Gas pokemon into the rapids. At the same time, Howlett dives towards Quick Claw, his claws prised to grab the silky furred cat, but the Sneasel is to quick, and digs speedily underground.

Howlett looks frantically around, the smoke blocking all veiw but a few inches infront of him. Before he can react, Quickclaw drills up and bursts through the soil hitting Howlett from beneath. Howlett screechs in shock and anger, focusing his mind, a ripple of seismic energy plows through the ground besides Quickclaw, rocks shooting forth from the ground into the air, smack the Sneasel in the shin, before she can make a quick get away.

In the meantime, Smoke Bomb is thrown vicously about in the water of the raging rapids. His attempts to float out, are
successful, despite a strike of psychic energy in the waters just nearby. A misjudged Disable attack from Kartan no doubt. Never the less, as the puplre pokemon floats clean above the water, and over dry land, a surge of electrical energy sparks just by him, catching him on it's escape vector and channeling a static burst through his body.

With Quickclaw rubbing the impact site on her jaw, Howlett has a chance to confuse the quirky cat even more. Pushing some of his own strength into a doll, he creates a clone. Perfect in every way, this clone will do nothing but absorb atacks, while the real Howlett remains hidden from veiw. Quickclaw ignores the clone for now though, using what little cat like inginuity she has to see through the smog, a orb of ghostly energy forms in her paws. With a bat of the hand, the ball is away, crashing into the floor near Kartan and exploding with a spectral shriek. Kartan shields his eyes as the purple and black wisps lick at his skin, leaving a dull ache, and cold chill over his fur.

* Results *

Cyrus
Howlett the Kabutops (M)
80% Health
15% Fatigue
15% Substitute

Kartan the Kadabra (M)
90% Health
10% Fatigue

Ryandude713
SmokeBomb the Koffing(M)
80% Health
20% Fatigue
Charged with Static

QuickClaw the Sneasel (F)
92% Health
8% Fatigue
Jaw Bruised

* Arena Status *

Ground near Howlett and Quick Claw a bit chewed up.

EDIT - whoops. Fixed it now.

Cyrus
11th March 2003, 11:31 AM
Thank you RaZoR LeaF, Howlett is a Kabutops... not a Kabuto.

ryandude713
11th March 2003, 06:39 PM
one word for u cyrus
sloppy:yes:

make sure to read all the conditions ref, because if you dont my whole plan will be messed up, and we wouldnt want that, now would we?

ok, lets win this battle.

Speed Claw, if Howlett tires to use seismic toss, skull bash or submission, use counter to throw him with his own momentum. If he tries slash, use slash again him to get him to bleed. If he somehow magages to throw you at the rocks, use rock smash to break the rock before you hit it. If he tries ancient power or hydro pump, use agility to dodge it. If he tries to throw you in the water at any time, use ice beam to freeze a patch of water for you to land on. If you are near the water, and he uses surf, use ice beam to freeze the wave. if kartan tries anything, use shadow ball against him.

counter / slash / rock smash / agility / ice beam / shadow ball against kartan ~ counter / slash / rock smash / agility / ice beam / shadow ball against kartan ~ counter / slash / rock smash / agility / ice beam / shadow ball against kartan

fun for u, isnt it cyrus

and as for Smoke Bomb, if Kartan uses a psychic, disable, or confusion, use screech to break his concentration. If he tries thunder wave, use smoke screen so he looses sight of you. if he uses rain dance, use thunder to blast him. if he tries psybeam, use a psybeam of ur own to counteract that. if he tries a toxic attack, use sludge to block it. is he tries sunny day for some reason, use flamethrower. if he tries barrier, light screen, or reflect, use screech to shatter it. if Howlett is foolish enough to come after you, use thunderbolt against him.

screech / smoke screen / thunder / psybeam / sludge / flamthrower / screech / thunderbolt against howlett ~ screech / smoke screen / thunder / psybeam / sludge / flamthrower / screech / thunderbolt against howlette ~ screech / smoke screen / thunder / psybeam / sludge / flamthrower / screech / thunderbolt against howlett

and u asked why i was makin a strategy

u realize u could always just give up, or we could do this the hard way

Cyrus
11th March 2003, 07:26 PM
That must have taken some time to come up with a list like that.

Howlett use Rock Smash on Quick Claw until he can't taken anymore damage this round, use double team.

Kartan, use Ignite and use the beam of energy to slash Smoke Bomb twice.

(Kadabra) (Male)
Nickname: (Kartan)
Signature Move: (Ignite)
(Description: Kartan uses his spoon as a focus for his psychic energies and fashions a three-foot long continuous beam on the end of his spoon. This 'blade' grants Kartan two additional moves, a standard slash move, while it does slightly increased damage, it can't cause bleeding. The blade seals the wound. The second is a parry action. Kartan deflects beams and some other forms of ranged attacks. The other ranged attacks are up to the ref. There is little chance of beam being deflected back into the attacker due to Kartan's level of skill with the weapon. The beam fades after 3 rounds, the spoon can't be reignited for two rounds )
Type: (???) | Accuracy: (90%) | Damage: (0%) | (Effects: Slash: 90% Accuracy: 10% Damage | Parry: 85% chance to deflect beams and most other ranged attacks Damage(0%))

ryandude713
11th March 2003, 07:37 PM
Her name Is Speed Claw. Not Quick Claw, Speed Claw. Plz remember this ref. sorry to use such big font.

ryandude713
11th March 2003, 10:42 PM
too preocupied at the moment

not experienced enuf

u know the drill

i give up

blah blah blah

cyrus wins

kiss my arse

Cyrus
11th March 2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by ryandude713
too preocupied at the moment

not experienced enuf

u know the drill

i give up

blah blah blah

cyrus wins

kiss my arse

Your call, nice first round. I edit choice of catch/evo later. We do it when you have more XP.

RaZoR LeAf
12th March 2003, 02:20 AM
Hmph. Oh well, Cyrus wins by default. And Ryandude, you called Sneasel QuickClaw in your first post.

Cyrus
12th March 2003, 09:52 AM
I regret seeing a battle end in this fashion. I guess I will catch a male Mankey.