PDA

View Full Version : So...LA huh... wonder if it SNOWS!

Bulbasaur4
2nd December 2005, 10:35 AM
[color=royalblue][font=tahoma]

So yeah, this is a topic about Los Angeles.

You seeeee... my mother works for Northwest Airlines, and she just got promoted to become the base manager of LAX. (the airport in Los Angeles for those of you who don't know...) That means that she's going to have to get an apartment in LA, and fly back and forth between home and there on the weekends so she can visit my father and our family (even though I'm at college and such...) I think she's due to start working there in January.
This is a HUGE deal to our family... because, well obviously it helps my mother on her 'ladder to greatness' (lmao) and well... we're in the process of selling our house anyways 'cuz my father took a new job this year too.
So basically, my dog lives at home. lol

BUT that's besides the point!

This summer, because of this... I will be living with my mother in Los Angeles! Just basically to keep her company... and because I need to make money and get a job. So... I was wondering if anyone lives near or around the LA area. And if you do or don't, what do you suggest as a job I should try to get there for the summer? Money isn't really the issue as much as I want to have a fun job... (so if you suggest Wal-MArt, I'll shoot you. Already worked there... gaaah...) And basically anything related to what fun things you can do in Los Angeles. I'm rather excited and all that... so yeeeah...

^_^ Go mom. lol

mr_pikachu
2nd December 2005, 01:52 PM
Wal-Mart!

Okay, but seriously. Hmm, LA, huh? Nice! I don't live there myself, but as far as I've seen, the major attraction in San Diego, at least, is often the beach. I'd bet LA wouldn't be all that much different. So if you can somehow get a job as a lifeguard or something, great! That might be hard, though, since I'd best almost every teen in LA would be looking for a job as a beach lifeguard. Other options near the beach might be selling various things at small stores. It doesn't just have to be food, either; you might be able to get a job selling T-shirts and what-not.

If you like sports, you might be able to pull off a job working in a sports stadium or otherwise working for a team. For instance, you could be one of those vendors who walks around (or, alternatively, stands in a booth) for the Los Angeles Dodgers. And if you really like baseball, you can catch some of the good action if you're walking through the stands. You could also work for the team in other ways, if they hired you. Maybe posting flyers, or taking calls about tickets, or something.

Well, anyway, that's what I can think of right now. Hope everything goes well in LA, and don't let that dog get too lonely at home! ;)

.hacker
2nd December 2005, 11:42 PM
Having lived in Southern California for about 10 years, I have some suggestions. You could consider working at (more unique places):

Disneyland
Univeral Studios
The Beach
L.A. Times
Sand Diego Zoo
L.A. Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, (so many professional teams available)

Since I don't know where in L.A. you live, these options may or may not be feasible.

mr_pikachu
3rd December 2005, 08:05 AM
Good thoughts, although the Lakers/Clippers might be tough, since basketball isn't played professionally in the summer. Fewer jobs available, but if you're really lucky, you might be able to get a job doing something they need year-round (advertising, for instance).