PDA

View Full Version : Net movies, anyone?

mr_pikachu
4th December 2005, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I know we've all seen (in?)famous videos like "Badger Badger", "Numa Numa", etc., as well as various spinoffs. But are there any "internet movies" that you like in particular? Anything you've gotten a kick out of that might not be quite in the mainstream?

What comes to mind instantly for me is Zero Wing Rhapsody (http://www.homestead.com/rhinoxsis/zFzerowingrhapsody.html). It's a great spinoff from the debacle/miracle that was the AYB phenomenon, and for some reason it really struck a chord with me. Maybe I've been staying up too late too frequently, but I just get a kick out of that. The lip-synching's good, the singing is kinda bad (but in a good way!), and the various actions and facial expressions were priceless. It's sort of new, so I doubt it's all that mainstream yet. I could be wrong, but hey, it's still good.

One that I just saw yesterday, though, and the one which prompted me to post this thread was the Pokemon Xmas Song (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/281386). I'm not sure how long the song itself has been around - from the lyrics, it's probably been awhile - but I'm pretty sure the animation is quite new. Even though it extends the mischaracterization of many Pokemon fans, at least it can get people thinking about Pokemon in a positive light. It's a start. And it was funny.

So, do you have any favorites to share? They don't have to be animations, just as long as you like 'em.

Sceptile_Master
13th December 2005, 06:04 PM
Hmm, you mean like movies done in flash?

mr_pikachu
15th December 2005, 03:57 AM
Flash movies would be examples, yes, but they don't necessarily have to be in Flash. Just video-type things that you like watching.

Magmar
17th December 2005, 06:40 PM
Retarded Animal Babies is always good for a chuckle... but I really like those Bitey of Brackenwood ones, they are so well done.

PancaKe
18th December 2005, 09:48 PM
they had EXCELLENT net movies on somethingdirectory.com
i'm not too sure if that site is still up though.
but they had this awesome video called "how to be emo"
and then another totally awesome one called "the hitchhiker"
and another awesome one.
was great .

^_^