PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Is there a pokemon game for mobile phones?

ballermon
6th December 2005, 03:00 PM
Anyone ever heard of a pokemon mobile game? :confused:
Cause this is what I'm really looking for and I hope someone can help me.

mr_pikachu
6th December 2005, 11:09 PM
Unfortunately, no. Nintendo has not yet made a game with mobile phones, partially because that would require them to work with another hardware company to do so (as Nintendo has not yet come up with its own brand of mobile phones). So, while that would be awesome, the answer right now is no.

And this might be better placed in the General Discussion forum, since it doesn't really apply specifically to GSC. Just to let you know for future reference.

Poryhedron
7th December 2005, 07:16 PM
Some day, it's possible that Nintendo may decide to move in this direction, because mobile phones are insanely popular in Japan. You may already know that the Japanese version of Pokémon Crystal had features accessed by connecting to a mobile phone, so there's precedent. However, those features were left out of the Western versions because mobile phones here aren't quite the staple of society that they are in Japan, and I'm guessing that any games made exclusively for mobile phones would also never see the Atlantic.

SupremeChampion
7th December 2005, 08:28 PM
[i]nintendo will most likely get a sort of game for mobile phones. they usually do lag behind the other companies when it comes to expanding their circle, for instance the on-line gaming. that's not to say that they are in no way innovative (just look at that crazy controller they have planned for Revolutions).

~The Italian Stallion