6th March 2003, 09:24 AM
Pokemon - 15
[4] Mareep (Neo Genesis)
[3] Dark Flaffy
[3] Raikou (Neo 3 Holo)
[3] Cleffa
[2] Caterpie (Neo Descovery)

Not a lot to say here. Dark Flaffy explains itself
[L] High Voltage Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent can't play Trainer cards during his or her next turn. [10]
[L][C] Stun Wave If the Defending Pokémon has a Pokémon Power, that power stops working until the end of your next turn. [30]
Arguably one of the most utilised stage 1 Poke for stalling ever, Raikou comes in and does the clean up job better than Dark Ampharos as you don't run the risk of losing all of your energies. Caterpie is a tech for basic ground types who's evolution could cause a problem the majority of which are weak to Grass.

Trainers - 25
[4] Professor Elm
[4] Pokemon Trader
[3] Juggler
[3] Seer
[3] Gold Berry
[2] Energy Stadium
[1] Healing Fields
[2] Time Capsule

I know your FIRST thought, why use Time Capsule over Town Volunteers, well there is the Supporter card conflict in that I already have Seer and Juggler, I found myself trying to ration them out 1 per turn. Also I like T.C as my opponent usually draws Basics back which I can easliy pick off with Raikou's swicthing power. Also I think Juggler-Seer combo is just too good to pass up for card drawing power. Others are standard, Dold for Healing Raikou after attacking, also Energy stadium which can power up Flaffy in one turn, also works well with Neo Genesis Mareep. Pwnage!

Energy - 20
[4] Metal Energy
[14] Electric Energy
[2] Recycle Energy

Bog Standard Energies, don't need too many recycle as I don't have any Removal cards. Metal Energy helps protect Raikou from self damage but also gives Cleffa and Caterpie a bit more lastablity, makes Flaffy more of a nuisence too. Plenty of Electric Energy to make my Juggler-Seer combo effective.

DarkBlastoise
6th March 2003, 09:55 AM
decent deck but could do w/ some fixing:

-1 Caterpie (good tecH but only one is good...u should be worried more about Water types like D.Fer. and E-Fer. than a few Donphan decks)
-3 Juggler (which Raikou are u usin?)
-3 Seer (its okay but Copycat is better)
-2 Energy Stadium (I see a combo here [Juggler/Stadium] but i think Hideout will work better 4 u)
-2 Time Capsule
-3 Electic Energy (u really should play 16-18 energy only in a deck)

+1 Elekid
+2 Tyrogue
+3 Copycat
+3 Boss Way
+2 Rocket's Hideout
+1 Gold Berry
+2 Town Volunteers

hobbs
6th March 2003, 04:46 PM
If people play Tyrogue at all where you play, you should probably cut the GBs for Focus. Or else your main attack could fall victim to a Pokemon that takes, all of, one turn to set up. Also, even with Raikou, a couple of Double Gust or Switch could help in a tight situation.

BTW, DB, the Raikou is this one:

Raikou 80HP (L)

Pokémon Power: Lightning Burst Whenever you attach a {L} Energy card from your hand to Raikou, if your opponent has any Benched Pokémon, he or she chooses 1 of them and switches it with the Defending Pokémon. This power stops working while Raikou is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.
{L}{L}{L} Lightning Tackle Flip a coin. If tails, Raikou does 20 damage to itself. 50

Weakness: {F}
Resistance: n/a
Retreat cost: {C}

Hope this helps.

DarkBlastoise
6th March 2003, 09:33 PM
uh that could be REALLY bad in some cases....I mean they have a Injured (just say) Golduck who is about to be killed by Raikou. But it had one of its energies removed by Golduck (who had a Focus Band attached for those of u who are wonderin) and theres a fresh Golduck on the bench and a baby pokemon (say Pichu) now the fact is, if u attach another energy to Raikou, ur oppo. switches the damaged Golduck w/ Pichu. Htne theres a 50% chance ull miss so then u face a dillemma next turn, loose more energies from the Golduck or loose 20 from Pichu....