PDA

View Full Version : Some problems...

lamomok
16th December 2005, 09:35 AM
Sorry, I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this topic but I was just wondering whether you could help me out here...

Firstly, I recently decided to start playing my Pokemon Silver again just for fun... It's original and I bought it in Australia the year it came out... However, after saving my game and turning it off, I discovered that once I turned my gameboy back on, my Save File was gone... I tried saving and turning off and turning it back on plenty of times but every time my save file would be gone... So basically, I can't save anymore... Anyone know why this has happened and what can I do to fix it?

Secondly, in Ruby and Sapphire, there's supposed to be the Berry Glitch that stops the berries from growing and the tides from changing... Well, my Pokemon Sapphire is over a year old and yet, there's still no Berry Glitch... I bought my game in Australia, again. So is this supposed to happen? I mean, there being no Berry Glitch?

Thanks!

SilverMaster
17th December 2005, 03:54 AM
The silver glitch is probably something wrong with the game.My silver version has saved every time (i have 2 backups though, just in case). I doubt you'll be able to fix it so you might as well get a new one.They cost a couple of £/$ off of ebay.

I don't know about the ruby and sapphire, but this glitch doesn't seem to be a good thing.You need the tides to change to get into one of the caves in the north east of hoenm, and the berries are useful for contests.

Jeff
21st December 2005, 09:07 PM
After a game cart gets old enough it looses its ability to save (when the battery inside it dies), so it seems your silver cart is dead. As for the Berry Glitch thing, if you got your game a year ago, then it probably has the glitch pre-fixed, if not, there are plenty of ways to patch it that you probably aren't aware of and therefore may have done without knowing (trading with collosseum and fr/lg will do it).

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd December 2005, 06:42 AM
If the battery of your game cartrdige has really run out of power I must say you're quite unlucky. To my knowledge all the batteries should last for at least five years. I have several old games and can say not even games that are already 15+ years old (e.g. Zelda 1 on the NES) show any loss of power. But probably it's just me being lucky. I don't think there's much you can do to fix it. I suppose you can try sending it to Nintedo to put a new battery in (at least I know that once was possible to do) or you can try fixing it yourself or bring it to an electronics store who could probably open it and change the battery. Honestly I think it's best to just get a new game though, they shouldn't be too costly anymore.

mr_pikachu
24th December 2005, 03:45 AM
1. I had a similar concern with one of my cartridges (either Gold or Silver) when I tried to load my old save file and the clock had been unset - not as in it read the wrong time, but as in there was no time listed. (There's a thread about it in GSC, if you're interested.) It sounds like the kind of thing that sometimes might happen over time.

2. As for the Berry Glitch, on affected cartridges, the problem arises when you have played for a certain amount of time on the game. (I don't remember precisely when it activates, however.) It's not about how much time a save file's been present on the cartridge, but how much time has actually been accumulated on the save file. It's visible when you save or check your Trainer ID, so you can check to see how many hours you've put in.

The Glitch is not present on newer, fixed cartridges, and certain events can actually write a patch into the game to fix the Berry Glitch (such as connecting it to Pokemon Colosseum, obtaining "Tickets" at Nintendo events, etc.). So if you have a cartridge that had the bug fix in it from the beginning, or if you activated an event that wrote a patch into the game, then you have nothing to worry about in that regard.

Magmar
31st December 2005, 09:01 AM
Can someone link me to discussion of the berry glitch? I'm curious.

SilverMaster
5th January 2006, 03:44 PM
does this mean a silver cartridge could just be deleted at any time