PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Axis Mundi (Round 1)

Plantae
17th December 2005, 06:29 PM
The rules, and the prescribed required reading of this game, can be found here: http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/axismundi.htm

General Rules
1. Do not excessively spam in this topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game or they will die instantly.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.

And here, we have the cast of this round:

Alive
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
Green Lanturn
Yero Thropp

Dead
Zcade0 - High Elder
Magmar - Guardian Spirit
Weasel Overlord - Vigilante
Dark-San - Oracle
Charizard04621 - Elder
Vulpix.ck87 - Shifter/Bear
Sesshomaru - Shifter/Eagle
Tainted - Elder
Leon-IH - Elder
Kris - Shaman

Roles Alive
Elder x1
Shifter x2

=

[color=#bdb76b]Dawn

"The spirits are restless!" The High Elder's voice seemed boundless, grounded and amplified by that of Gaea, nature mother. He scanned his surrounding elders, and the other respected village members. His eyes watched them ferociously, for any quiver, for any movement that might indicate their nature that was free from her will.

"We will show them their place, that they are to be trees if they are trees! Wolves must be wolves! There is no tame in nature, and wild is abound, but Gaea does not like those that try to break free of the natural order!"

"Hail!" It was the unanimous cry of a united village. But, it was not less than subtle that a few yelled a little more meekly than their comrades.

As the dawn broke across the hills, and over the treetops, it did its best to penetrate the canopy. However, it seemed that only darkness could reside on the forest floor. Here, where the animal spirits truly communed, watching and waiting, and seeking their chance for freedom. There was no one to trust when anyone could be anyone. Wolf or man? Shifter.

"To whatever end," was the unspoken cry of the shaman's people. They would search, but could they eradicate the beast most in its element in the wild?

End

=

Let the game begin!

The current date/time is: SHIFTER VICTORY.

Weasel Overlord
17th December 2005, 06:51 PM
I am refraining from voting today, no matter how dangerous it is! ^^ Let's wait for a few rounds before randomly killing people, eh?

No Vote

Dark-San
17th December 2005, 08:15 PM
[b][size=3] Same for me here. No vote from me at the moment.

Zcade0
17th December 2005, 09:23 PM
no vote

Charizard04621
18th December 2005, 03:11 AM
Um Plantae, sorry for messing you up but I'm not playing, I didn't sign up o_O I'm in a different country with a very strange timezone, and I will be going on vacation (no computer access) very very shortly. I'll just be a waste of a slot really. What would you like to do? I guess I could play for a few days if you really wanted me to, or you could figure out something else... But I am guaranteed to go afk very soon for about 10 days.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
18th December 2005, 07:37 AM
I doooooooon't know... I like randomly killing people.. ^^;;
I vote Yero Thropp
Um, nothing personal. *hides*

Plantae
18th December 2005, 09:58 AM
All of you may assume that Dawn I will probably end at about 8:00 PM tonight (CST).

Magmar
18th December 2005, 10:47 AM
I'm not going to vote this round. And yes, I will be participating, as finals are over. Finally! (No pun intended)

Charizard04621
19th December 2005, 02:55 AM
Lol Chiko, poor Yero's been the target in the first few rounds every time he/she has played. Must be some really bad karma.

Well, Plantae has informed me that he needs an extra player... So I'll have to say something. I'll vote for Emotional Faun Chiko-sai because the Elders *have* to vote for somebody or the shifters will definitely get the upper hand, since they get a free night kill. Just because I was on the other side last round doesn't mean that this logic doesn't still apply.

It is unlikely that somebody will die in this round, anyway. You can't kill somebody off without at least two votes, I believe - I'll check the rules right now to confirm.

Charizard04621
19th December 2005, 02:57 AM
Excuse the double post, but I wanted to have this in quotes and not have it be confusing.

At least four players must vote in order for any execution to take place, and at least two for the person to be killed.

We need at least four votes in any one round, and two votes on one person are necessary before that person can die.

Plantae
19th December 2005, 07:24 AM
Quite correct, Charizard04621. As it is, everyone lives! Begin Dusk.

Plantae
19th December 2005, 05:12 PM
I am under the impression that some of the shifters are having difficulties with the time zone, or have just forgotten. Dusk is extended.

Magmar
19th December 2005, 11:36 PM
How long is each period of time, generically speaking? I know it varies depending on time zone differences, etc.

Charizard04621
20th December 2005, 02:58 AM
I think Plantae gives at least 12 hours, but it's usually more. I haven't seen a situation where the outcome isn't 100% determined where Plantae has changed Dawn to Dusk or Dusk to Dawn before 12 hours have passed.

Plantae
20th December 2005, 06:52 AM
Disagreement abound, and what have you. The Dusk results in no deaths. Begin Dawn II.

Charizard04621
20th December 2005, 07:05 AM
I'm alive!

There is not a lot of evidence at the moment, but I will vote for Magmar. His interest during the Dusk about time zones after the granted extension is the only thing I can be suspicious of at the moment. He may be anxious that the Shifters have not been able to vote properly, and as Plantae has suggested, there was some disagreement.

Perhaps my views will change. He might just be an Elder eager for the Dawn to come. For now, however, I stick with my vote.

Magmar
20th December 2005, 07:45 AM
I just came up with a nice long response, then accidentally clicked one of those stupid links beneath the quick reply window and lost the whole thing. I vote for TPM to get killed next. Just kidding. (If we get enough votes, could we do it?)

What I was saying was, perhaps my eagerness to find out when Dawn II begins could be the result of a hectic college/work schedule, or maybe, rather than being a shifter, I just might possess one of the other Elder traits that requires dusk voting? It looks like nobody was killed... perhaps, the votee got lucky and the guardian spirit protection, or was the Oracle, or something like that. For all we know the 4 shifters haven't even noticed this thread started yet... lol.

Therefore, until I see more evidence, I'm going to refrain from voting.

Magmar
20th December 2005, 07:48 AM
(Sorry about double post, but no edit rule) PS Charizard... if I was a shifter, wouldn't I know who the other shifters were? I wouldn't need to post in the thread to get in touch with them, I could simply private message. :)

Zcade0
20th December 2005, 04:02 PM
Magmar bandwagonness

Magmar
20th December 2005, 08:11 PM
Was that a vote for me? 'Cuz, I think this just might be a vote for you, zcade0. :p

Green Lanturn
20th December 2005, 09:14 PM
[color=lime][font=comic sans ms] Always one to tie things up, Zcade0.

~GL

Plantae
20th December 2005, 09:39 PM
Dead
Zcade0 - High Elder

Begin Dusk II.

Dark-San
20th December 2005, 11:44 PM
[b][size=3] That was fast. Last night when I checked it was still dusk. Now just afternoon, I just notice that dawn 2 was already over and I didn't get to vote for dawn 2.

Can I know what is the time allocation for each dawn and dusk? I mean can we standardised it? I am living in a time zone GMT +8 hrs for your information.

Plantae
21st December 2005, 03:49 PM
I am sorry about that Dark-san. I can hardly do standardardized times, due to my schedule, but I will try to keep the increments more equal.

Zcade0
21st December 2005, 06:35 PM
howed I die? 2 viotes 4 magmar, 2 for me. wtf?? *confused* :confused:

Charizard04621
22nd December 2005, 01:49 AM
Um, a tie means a dice roll... No matter how rigged it may be.

I'm leaving today, so I don't think I'll be able to vote anymore...

Plantae
22nd December 2005, 07:35 AM
The shifters did not collect enough votes towards the same person, for a second time. Begin Dawn III.

Charizard04621
22nd December 2005, 08:19 AM
Last chance to vote before I leave, I will vote for Weasel Overlord be I right or wrong.

See ya guys.

Weasel Overlord
22nd December 2005, 08:30 AM
How rude! Well, I shall not indulge in petty feuds, I am voting for Magmar.

Magmar
22nd December 2005, 10:17 AM
I'm voting for Weasel Overlord too, then!

Funny how she didn't vote at all during Dawn II, but within 12 minutes of Charizard's post, she jumped in and voted for me. Leaves me suspicious.

Weasel Overlord
22nd December 2005, 10:23 AM
I didn't vote during Dawn II because I wasn't at home where my computer is! I'm voting for you because I have suspicions, yes? The serpent shifter can easily evade death when votes are a tie, and to me, it seems rather suspicious that you managed to evade death despite the votes being tied. It could be down to an internet randomiser, but it doesn't pay to forget about the shifter abilities.

Serpent - The shifter who is a serpent is resourceful. In case of a tie, these shifters escape unscathed.

[COLOR=powderblue]My point.

Yero Thropp
22nd December 2005, 01:10 PM
Magmar.

'Nuff said.

Weasel Overlord
22nd December 2005, 01:17 PM
I feel like chipping in again! Now, our votes are tied, if, the next day, I find myself dead, I hope that my point will be well and truly proven and that Magmar shall not live to terrorise us more! ^^ Well, the rest of you, for I shall be deceased...

Dark-San
22nd December 2005, 10:04 PM
[b][size=3] Weasel Overlord gets my vote.

Magmar
22nd December 2005, 11:47 PM
*snickers*

Just because my avatar says "Crucio" and I have Snapey-goodness hair doesn't mean I'm a snake. ;) But just because I was fortuante enough not to die in the previous round doesn't make me a shifter. Logic is a powerful tool, but don't let it get the best of you.

Vote doesn't change.
Ciao!

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
23rd December 2005, 03:41 AM
*is a Snape fangirl*
Nevertheless...
Magmar ^_^;;;

Plantae
23rd December 2005, 07:26 AM
Dead
Magmar - Guardian Spirit

Yeah... it might have been slightly unnecessary to bold that. Well, begin Dusk III. I apologize for the weird time changes again.

Magmar
23rd December 2005, 08:24 AM
Told ya so.

Plantae
24th December 2005, 12:13 PM
I apologize, but Dusk needs to be extended even further than it is now.

Plantae
25th December 2005, 08:05 AM
Dead
Dark-San - Oracle
Weasel Overlord - Vigilante

Begin Dawn IV. This particular Dawn will end on the afternoon of December 26th.

Magmar
25th December 2005, 09:45 PM
we're on a roll.

Yero Thropp
25th December 2005, 10:54 PM
Weasel Overlord.

And Merry Christmas :biggrin:

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
26th December 2005, 06:07 AM
Meh, Weasel's already dead!
Charizard04621 because he/she's probably active.

Green Lanturn
26th December 2005, 10:11 AM
lol Yero Thropp!

anyway, Charizard04621.

Why........?

~GL

Yero Thropp
26th December 2005, 11:44 AM
:eek: Oh goodness... that's what happens when you stay up too late on Christmas...

Let's change things up a bit and say Green Lanturn, guilty of jumping on the screw Charizard bandwagon :biggrin:.

Weasel Overlord
26th December 2005, 01:33 PM
Aw man! Dead?? NOOOO!!! *lets out Darth Vader-like scream in a horribly over-dramatic fashion* oh well...sure hope you get some of those Shifters soon!

Plantae
26th December 2005, 03:06 PM
At this stage of the game, the game does not require four people to vote.

Dead
Charizard04621 - Elder
Sesshomaru - Doomed - Shifter/Eagle
Vulpix.ck87 - Doomed - Shifter/Bear
Kris - Doomed - Shaman
Tainted - Doomed - Elder
Leon-IH - Doomed - Elder

And, finally, I must calculate doom votes correctly. I know the rules say that there were to be dooms for Dawn I, but I decided not to. Some other people may have dooms, but I calculated only those that would have been killed by them.

Dooms
Sesshomaru - 3 - Dead - Shifter/Eagle
Vulpix.ck87 - 3 - Dead - Shifter/Bear
Kris - 3 - Dead - Shaman
Tainted - 3 - Dead - Elder
Leon-IH - 3 - Dead - Elder

If you have been following, the unfortunate matter... there is one elder, and two shifters. Shifters secure victory by outnumbering the remaining elders. Or:

The Shifters are victorious!

I was slightly disappointed by the amount of activity this game, for obvious reason.

Green Lanturn
26th December 2005, 07:22 PM
Yeah, not one of the best games, what with christmas and vacations and all.

Oh well, go shifters!(was the elk,lol)

Till next game then, hopefully there will be a bit more activity(tohugh i know i didnt participate that much myself).

~GL

Magmar
26th December 2005, 10:15 PM
Yero Thropp and Green Lanturn were the shifters.
Charizard04621 was the last elder.

If I'm analyzing this correctly, anyway.

Plantae
26th December 2005, 10:50 PM
Slightly incorrect. Charizard04621 was the second to last elder, killed by dawn vote. Yero Thropp was the last elder.

The two remaining shifters were Emotional Faun Chiko-sai and Green Lanturn. It may have seemed slightly confusing, because I failed to note that Yero Thropp would have died.

Magmar
27th December 2005, 01:42 AM
If we had active members, it woudl'nt be so bad. but that's not your fualt, plantae.

ignore the bad typing

Dark-San
27th December 2005, 07:12 AM
[b][size=3] Oh I died. Okay who was the one voted me off?

I tried getting allies in after my first 2 weeks analysis. Both Charizard and Magmar are my first 2 discovery as humans. Hence I played with luck and pm both of them revealing myself. Well things didn't go on smoothly, Charizard went off and Magmar was dead.

I had only learn of Weasel's identity as a Vigilante on the third dusk. Not enough time to gather the second ally as I was voted off. Tough luck I guess.

Plantae
27th December 2005, 11:10 AM
Weasel Overlord killed you on accident, Dark-san.

sesshomaru
29th December 2005, 06:07 PM
Weasel Overlord is my vote.

Yero Thropp
29th December 2005, 09:34 PM
lol, looks like I'm not the only one who needs sleep, eh Sess?

Woot for being the last elder! Twas my plan all along! (Not really, but I can dream...)

Magmar
31st December 2005, 02:06 PM
Weasel Overlord is my vote.

LMAO.

sesshomaru
31st December 2005, 10:55 PM
LMAO.

What?

Magmar
1st January 2006, 01:47 AM
The game ended days ago. You're a bit late.

Charizard04621
2nd January 2006, 03:32 AM
Damnit, sorry Magmar and Dark San =/

And whoever the heck said "She must be active" or something along those lines, LMAO. No post = no activity. Check my profile lol... It tells you. Logic is your friend. ^_^

Not like it matters to me, voting off an inactive has to be the biggest waste of time, lol.

Plantae
4th January 2006, 09:50 PM
We ought to start a new round, but it may have to wait until next week. I will keep you posted.

Magmar
5th January 2006, 01:48 PM
Awesome :)

Dark-San
12th January 2006, 07:30 AM
[b][size=3]So when its starting?

Plantae
12th January 2006, 07:36 AM
I had meant to start Wednesday, but my schoolwork got ahead of me; it ought to start by tomorrow night.

Charizard04621
12th January 2006, 08:11 AM
Plantae, I would appreciate if you removed me from the roster, I can't be so very active at all. If you're familiar with the WoW honor pump, you realize that I have to be there ALL the time :P

Chris Watarimono
12th January 2006, 09:00 AM
I'm joining in for the next round too Plantae, so I'll take Karin's place.

Also, you might want to dump out players that don't respond at all in any of these games and seek out much more willing and active players. I'll do my part for this one since I'm joining up in AM here on in.

-Chris R.

Magmar
12th January 2006, 10:29 AM
I'm still in. Since the start ba-by!

Plantae
12th January 2006, 04:01 PM
Charizard04621, I am familiar with the WoW honor pump, and know exactly why it requires your full attention. I will add you to the roster as such, Chris Watarimono; it is for the reason mentioned (seeking new players) that I must digress that the game's start will actually be delayed until Sunday or Monday. I apologize to all those expecting it sooner.

And yes Magmar, indeed you have been, heh.

Plantae
17th January 2006, 06:40 PM
I apologize for the severe delay. This will actually start tomorrow, and I'll be damned if it doesn't. Exams are this week, and I have been busying with studying and the ilk. Feel free to disregard this excuse as you like.

I haven't had much luck recruiting any more members, but I will try to within the next day.