View Full Version : The Egg

Chris 2.1
22nd December 2005, 05:33 PM
It hatched in todays episode.

Into an Eevee.

Discuss!

Knight of Time
22nd December 2005, 05:59 PM
Wow, now this is definitely incredible news.

Boy, at this rate, Eevee is going to be unpredictable, in the way of will it not evolve, or will it evolve into one of its five forms?

I know it is way too early to tell, but I'd be surprised if she gets an Eeveelution someday. After all, many previous Eevees owned by someone have evolved.

Chris 2.1
22nd December 2005, 06:10 PM
I can see it not evolving, personally. I feel these Pokemon with split evolutions generally end up that way unless all evolution paths are shown.

Examples:

Wurmples. Both caught by main characters, each evolves down a different path.
Clamperl: An episode showed both evolved forms fighting over which is better
Hitmon's: generally shown in the same episodes. Johto Dojo, Kanto Dojo ep, etc.
Eevee: Introduced with all 3 evolutions (at the time), not to mention Kimono Sisters.

If Eevee evolved into a specific form, then the other four would get neglected. People might not see the general branch evolution if we see it evolve into say, Espeon.

That said, I can see May evolving it into Espeon. After all, Lillian, the Contest Lady has one, and I recall her being impresed by it in the Saffron Contest ep. And Lillian re-appears for every contest, though....so May might ask her for advice.

Zak
22nd December 2005, 07:26 PM
Either Espeon or some D/P evolution. Think about it, this is the first time we've seen someone catch a Pokemon from a previous generation that has not already been owned by a main character. After the many years Eevee has existed and been popular among fans, it has never been owned by a main character until now, ironically. And I highly doubt Eevee will pull a Pikachu and stay itself forever, because then that would defeat the purpose of an Eevee, as cute as it may be. Espeon is the only already-existing Eeveelution I can see May with, but Jolteon's got a small chance considering she's got a Water and a Fire type. But in the anime, there has NEVER been a main character with an Electric type other than Pikachu, and I have a feeling it'll stay that way.

~Zak

~Zak

The Blue Avenger
23rd December 2005, 09:17 AM
After the many years Eevee has existed and been popular among fans, it has never been owned by a main character until now, ironically.

Didn't Gary have one? Or am I misremembering things?

Chris 2.1
23rd December 2005, 09:53 AM
It appeared once for a few minutes. The writers only showed Eevee once because its purpose was to itnroduce Umbreon in mid Johto. I doubt that would count, seeing as Gary never appeared much anyway (3 or 4 times in Johto altogether) and Eevee never appeared much either.