PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye 2005, Hello 2006!

darktyranitar
31st December 2005, 06:04 AM
Yeah, it's only about 4 hours until midnight in Malaysia! To 2006!

Anyway, since since 2005 is closing curtain, let's discuss what happened to ourself through the year, and what is your next year resolution.

2005 is a pretty good year for me. There wasn't a lot of interesting thing that happened to me in this year. This year, my father had undergone a heart bypath, and he lived through it. I guess that's quite good news for my family.

Also, 2005 saw my music taste shifting to to the border of Electronica. Meh, the list include Paul Oakenfold, Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack, etc. Yeah, whhatever...

And other than that...Oh yeah, I began to spend more time in the fanfic area on this forum. Also, this year I have write my second fanfic on TPM, Demon Inside, after the absence of Dragon Flame.

Also, on 2005, I lost a cousin of mine when he fell down from a stair. He died because of blood clotting in his brain. Anyway, rest in peace...

My new year resolution...

~I hope to do well in 2006 final exam, a really big exam that will determine my future. I better not blow this up.

~To continue writing for my fic. I hope that I could post some more new fanfiction once I have the time.

~To be involved more in TPM.

~To continue doing other good things, and try to leave behind my bad habits.

Anyway, I might add more after this. Well, happy new year to all of you TPMers! :biggrin:

Lady Vulpix
31st December 2005, 07:05 AM
It's only 10 AM where I am, but still... Happy 2006 to everyone!
2005 was an overall good year for me. I graduated from university, got a good job, went on an unforgettable trip to Finland, and many other good things happened. I hope 2006 is good too.

Anyway, for people who haven't had a good year (like firepokemon), you can say it, of course, but cut down the swearing. It's annoying and it takes away the point of whatever you meant to say... most people won't even pay attention to the rest of your post if you keep cursing like that.

Magmar
31st December 2005, 08:52 AM
Honestly.

It's 9:51 AM here, so the parties have obviously not begun yet, but ohhhh they will. lol.

I'm not in bad shape, but I'm going on a diet. Actually, I'm in quite good shape. I just want to commit myself to a healthier diet of better foods, no sugary/salty/greasy food (not that I eat much at all) and I want to completely eliminate soda from my diet (not that I even drink it that much).

So it's not a difficult resolution, but I'll probably be a whole world healthier.

I'm also resolving to fall in love. I already have a good idea who. :)

magdaw
31st December 2005, 09:01 AM
3:00pm here.

Going to party my ass off tonight. Say goodbye to this crappy year I've had and hope 2006 is a good one. Happy new year when it comes :biggrin:.

Chris 2.1
31st December 2005, 10:27 AM
I'm not into very difficult resolutions. My new years resolution is to learn how to juggle....is that a resolution? Anyway it would rock. So there you go.

05 was an awesome year, lets hope 06 is even better. Well, my birthdays on Tuesday so you don't get a better start than that!

Roy Karrde
31st December 2005, 11:15 AM
2005 was a very mixed bag for me. On one hand things went on like normal, I advanced a bit further in College, and through out the year I got closer to Danielle. There were good points like being able to go to New York on my Birthday and actually being on National TV by being in several back ground shots of the Today show. But then again everything from October onward has been horrible for me, I came so very close to dieing in the middle of October from Viral Meningitis, from what they tell me my first night or so in the hospital they didn't think I was going to make it since I waited so long to go to the hospital. Just a few weeks after I got out my Cousin died in a accident, and just a few weeks after that Danielle broke up with me, who just weeks before I was considering marrying her. So yeah not the best fall/winter.

As for my New Years Resolution, it's to finally get out of this hole I have myself in right now. I may be going to Disney World in a few weeks, and I am getting to go see a close friend in February. So hopefully those things along with others can get me out of this funk I am in.

Little_Pikachu
31st December 2005, 11:32 AM
It's going on for about 6pm here, this year has been as dull as last years celebrations were. Start as you mean to go on, I suppose. I don't have any fixed plans for tonight, Si is coming over and we'll probably just play video games and get drunk all night, last year we went out clubbing and it sucked, the DJ didn't even countdown properly "It's been 2005 for 10 seconds! Happy new year!" what a wanker ;\ I may go out tonight, but I doubt it, I have plenty of alcohol in the house and I hate everyone who would be out anyway, not to mention the first I'd heard of anyone's plans to go out tonight was approx 1 hour ago, so that shows just how much I'm wanted too.

Resolutions... I'm going to promise to work a bit harder at uni this year, this should be my last year of education, my final year of uni, I can't get through this year by doing all my assignments the day before they're due like I have for the last... However many years i've had homework and assignments for. Just a few days in advance and I should keep everything under control.

Jeff
31st December 2005, 06:25 PM
And here on the U.S. East Coast we have about 4 1/2 hours to go! We're getting ready for our yearly get-together right now. Anyway 2005 was a decent year for me, funny you should mention the Today Show Roy, since back in September they came to our town for the wedding they do every year. I would have to say that was one of the cooler things that happened this year. I also got to hang out with some foreign people who were visiting the country over the Summer, including going to Baltimore with two of them. I'd say it was a pretty good year.

In 2006 I plan/hope to make plenty of new friends and hopfully make it an even better year!

shazza
31st December 2005, 07:27 PM
Happy new year friends!

My night was good, although it wasn't as good as one first hoped and anticipated. I drank most of my Smirnoff Blacks (7%'s) and I got quite drunk at the town party with a few thousand people there. Great fun with all your friends.

Afterwards though, the night became dull and no good after parties were in existance. I eventually went home at 5AM.

It is currently 12PM New Years Day and my head hurts and I have a sore throat.

homeofmew
31st December 2005, 11:12 PM
Happy 2006

--TINA

Magmar
1st January 2006, 01:01 AM
screw new years. bad bad night.

nightcrow
1st January 2006, 11:17 AM
2005 was pretty up and down for me. bad=death of someone close to me, a harsh breakup, PHYSICS 1 HON, etc. Good= senior year, finally discovering me for what i really am, meeting Steven and being his girlfriend, etc. Very broad overview... hehe.

Anyway my new years was AWESOME. I got my kiss at midnight <3

Heald
1st January 2006, 11:35 AM
2005 - travelled a lot, drunk a lot, passed my driving test, go okay results in my exams, still with my girlfriend. Nothing bad really happened. Woo. Roll on 2006.

Chris
1st January 2006, 12:06 PM
Oh hi 2006. Don't bite me in the ass like 2005 did, and I might get along with you. :wave:

Crazy
1st January 2006, 01:05 PM
Happy new year biznotches! May your days be filled with flying pigs, beatles, and hamster ninjas! In my little world, that is a compliment that I expect to be payed back with 40$.

Dark-San
1st January 2006, 08:10 PM
[b][size=3] 2006 had better be a good year because of the following reasons:

- Fate/Stay Night and Summer Days are both released on January.

- In August, I would be counting down to my ORD date (The date which I can get to leave the service).

- In September, I would be graduating from my part time advanced diploma course.

- All year round, there would be new anime releases and of course more Duel Monsters tournaments for me to catch up with.

Go Year 2006.

RedStarWarrior
1st January 2006, 11:50 PM
Parents are seperated (possible divorce pending), my ex is a slut and I am doing better in school. Basically, I am doing well because I have good grades, but I seriously need to get laid.