[2] Pokemon Nurse
[2] Item Finder

Energy : (15)

[4] Boost Energy
[4] Double Colorless Energy
[4] Recycle Energy
[3] Warp Energy

Strategy
Here is a typical scenario - Cleffa is active, you plant a jiggly on the bench,(5 "Scythers" or free-retreaters make the first turn eek almost a certainty. 70 HP for Scyther is also good HPs for first turn defense, I believe they are the highest among basic free retreaters btw the fifth free retreater is Magby). Play lass or search for lass, place in energy on cleffa and eeek. Next turn it is almost guaranteed that you can get your hands on either Wiggly and/or Boost Energy or the searching means to find them.
This is a great way to open up a game having lassed and eekeed and next turn having the potential to do a lot of damage with the aid of a large bench and PlusPowers.

Boost Energy in this way makes Lass a very effective means of disruption without the degree of drawbacks that you may have when having to search for say, a DCE and a Recycle.

Boost energy also makes Wigglytuff unstoppable as a knockout, you can SER or ER it all you want but you must know that I can attack next turn for 60+. Speaking of removal, Why didn't I include No Removal Gym. For one, I don't think the opponent would mind discarding two cards from their hand to dismantle a Wiggly, I just don't, Chaos Gym in the turns following a Lass makes your opponents competing Gyms virtually unplayable unless it pops into their hand.

My Warp Energy goes well with DoubleGust, as although I have a fair number of free retreaters, they only make up about 56% of my deck, therefore Warp Energy allows me to switch in the pokemon that I want.

Finally for the latest addition to my deck, Pokemon Nurse allows me to Heal Wiggly before my turn before I attach Boost Energy, thus allowing me to remove damage counters without having to worry about discarding the energies.

Roarkiller
12th March 2003, 07:11 PM
Unfortunately, boost is only temporary. Unless u can assure urself of one every turn, i bet u will still rely on the other energy, which makes nurse not helpful for half the time. But anyway:

-1 E.charge
-1 cleffa

+1 itemfindr
+1 gust/dg

hobbs
12th March 2003, 07:20 PM
Mmmmm..... you gotta love denying your opponet of thier trainers first turn, then beating them over the head with 60 damage turn two.

Roarkiller's fix looks good. Only thing I'd do differntly is take out a Scyther instead of Cleffa because Cleffa's more of a necesity to the strategy.

Hope this helps.

SageofDarkness
13th March 2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by hobbs
Roarkiller's fix looks good. Only thing I'd do differntly is take out a Scyther instead of Cleffa because Cleffa's more of a necesity to the strategy.

Agreed.

Pokemon : (15)

[4] Cleffa
[4] Jigglypuff
[3] Wigglytuff
[3] Scyther
[1] Magby

Trainers : (30)

[4] Professor Oak
[4] Computer Search
[4] PlusPower
[4] Lass