PDA

View Full Version : The Episode Titles Thread

absolutotodile
12th March 2003, 05:40 AM
Lame title I know but hey. Basically I made this topic to discuss all episode titles and to reveal new ones. I'm not sure if anyone else feels like this but for me it gets really annoying when there is a new topic everytime a new episode title is released. All those kind people who are reading this please start posting new episode titles here.
And while I'm at it could some one list all the english episode titles after "Rage of Innocence" and all the Japanese titles after "The Greatest Pelippaa Show in History!"?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th March 2003, 06:22 AM
Well, I have been collecting the Japanese titles from TVTOKYO. Here are the ones already shown after the Pelipper one:

Guraena To Pochiena! ShinkaNo Himitsu!

Hasuboo To FurawaaShoppuNo SanShimai!

PokemonKontesto! AgehantoNo KareiNa Batoru!

Daruru Batoru To Daburu Kemusso!

Benkyoo Shimasu! PokemonToreenaazu Sukuuru!

But these are just my translations to English, the new names are ignored and so on:

Guraena And Pochiena! The Secret Of Evolution!

Hasuboo And The Three Sisters Of The Flower Shop!

Pokemon Contest! Agehanto's Magnificent Battle!

Double Battle And Double Kemusso!

Study! Pokemon Trainers' School!

Hanada Tattsu
12th March 2003, 08:34 AM
Hmm, that's a good idea, Totodile.

Anyway, all the dub titles after "Rage of Innocence" are:

Cold as Pryce
Nice Pryce, Baby!
Whichever Way the Wind Blows

Those are the ones released so far. I like some of the puns now, especially "Nice Pryce, Baby". This is a good idea, I think they have something like this at Bulbagarden.

Mikey
12th March 2003, 02:22 PM
Also, the newest Japanese title is

Escape Sharpedo Island!

Zak
12th March 2003, 02:28 PM
Abs, I thought you knew the rule about the spoiler warnings.....:rolleyes: *tags topic*

~Zak

absolutotodile
12th March 2003, 03:08 PM
Oops! Sorry...I completely forgot! Well anyways thanks for the episode titles MY and HT.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th March 2003, 01:05 AM
TVTOKYO was early this time. They already have, as you can see from Hanada Tattsu's topic, the next episode!

Yesterday Japan saw:

Kanazumi Jimu! NozupasuNo HimitsuHeiki!

Kanazumi Gym! Nozupasu's Secret Weapon!

And next week, it'll be:

Debon Kooporeeshon! AkuaDanNo Kage!!

Debon Corporation! The Shadow Of Team Aqua!

I took "Debon" as a corporation name, I do not even know what "Devon" would be...

Rei_Zero
14th March 2003, 06:11 PM
When traslating from Japanese, b will sometimes translated into v, since there is no v sound in Japanese.

Zak
14th March 2003, 06:15 PM
"Debon Co." is also in the game, in Rustboro City, and in the English version its "Devon Co."

~Zak

Rocketboy
14th March 2003, 06:47 PM
The Macargo eppi is dubbed...."Some like it Hot!"

Nikku-San
14th March 2003, 08:37 PM
Is that on tomorrow? What's the other new one?

Dark Delcatty
14th March 2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Kittymon
Is that on tomorrow? What's the other new one?

Tomorrow is the Adv. preview. Not sure how they're gonna do it.

3/22- "Whichever Way the Wind Blows"
3/29- "Some Like It Hot"

Nikku-San
15th March 2003, 12:25 AM
Gah. If we get an hour of AG clips, I am going to be very annoyed. If we get reruns, it'll be worse.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
21st March 2003, 12:23 AM
TVTOKYO has really been improving with updates these days. Here is the episode for next Thursday:

Hagi-Roojin To KyamomeNo Piiko-Chan!

The Old Hagi And Piiko The Kyamome!

Does this translation sound odd? Well, Kyamome's English name is Wingull! That Pokémon will sure be an interesting sight.

I know some of you already knew that title, but it is the next episode, right?

EDIT: Romanization error... but Roojin can also be written as "Roujin".

Light_Togetic
21st March 2003, 09:59 AM
Well, it doesn't sound too wierd. Peeko is the name of a Wingull that a man (I think his name was Mr. Briney?) that gets stolen by Team Magma/Aqua in the Ru/Sa games. After you rescue Peeko from them, the man offers to take you to on his boat to where you need to go. Cool, I like episodes based on an event in the games.:D

absolutotodile
21st March 2003, 05:23 PM
I want to know who this "Old Hagi" is...is it Mr. Briney? If so is it possible that a more accurate english translation would be "Mr. Briney and Peeko the Wingull"?

Hanada Tattsu
21st March 2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by absolutotodile
I want to know who this "Old Hagi" is...is it Mr. Briney? If so is it possible that a more accurate english translation would be "Mr. Briney and Peeko the Wingull"?

Yeah, Hagi-Chan is Mr. Briney in the English version, you know, the guy with the Wingull named Peeko.

He's one of my favorite characters, he looks cool, well, at least in the game.

absolutotodile
22nd March 2003, 04:33 AM
Occording to Zak the next Japanese title is:

296(20): Dewford Gym! Enter Brawly the Surfing Gym Leader!

I really wish people would start putting all new titles here though. Thats the whole point of this topic.

Hanada Tattsu
22nd March 2003, 09:02 AM
Absolutotodile, I am about to post another preview for the upcoming episode, the Wingull one.

That is not an episode title, that is a preview for the episode. So, please don't come to the topic and ask why I'm not posting it here because that is not an episode title, it is a preview.

We will post the titles here when they come out, but the previews will always have their seperate topic.

Don't want to sound rude or anything, it's just that episode titles and episode previews are two very different things.

absolutotodile
22nd March 2003, 04:00 PM
Yeah okay...I know...that title has been mentioned here anyways.
I don't see why you can't do the previews here anyways. The topic already has a spoiler tag.
Oh and just a question to a mod...is it possible to get this topic stickied or are there too many stickies already?

Zak
22nd March 2003, 04:16 PM
Sorry abs... IMO there are enough stickies already. However, Hanada, I'd like to ask a favor.

You may still post the previews in seperate threads, however, I noticed you put the whole TITLE of the episode in the topic, and that sometimes spoils a lot. I'm starting to get under the impression that you don't check the stickies, because if you read my topic about spoilers, you should see the Murg's post explains it clearly. So, in the future, Hanada, when you post those TVTokyo preview threads, in the topic title, just say the featured Pokemon in the episode. Just like how GN77 and I when we post synopsis, we say "Episode Synopsis: *insert featured Pokemon here* *SPOILERS*" So, in the future, I'd like you to do the same with previews. Like, last one you posted you could have said "Episode Preview: Wingull *Spoilers*" rather than post the whole title. I'm pretty sure you get the idea... I'll go edit the topic title for you (only mods can edit topic titles on vB apparently, so try not to make a mistake... Me or Murg would have to edit it).
I'm pretty sure you get the idea :)

~Zak

EDIT: AbsoluTotodile, my apologies, but I don't really think this thread will work out. I could see why you thought it was a good idea.... but I just sent you a PM explaining my reasons. Hope you understand... once again... sorry.