PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

Ghost
30th January 2006, 05:03 PM
Did anybody get theres? I got mine for christmas, and I love it.

Oh yeah, and BTW, if you did get one, what games did you get and do you like it?

I got Kameo and Call of Duty 2 (Goes great with 65" HDTV) =)

Crazy
30th January 2006, 05:20 PM
I got mine before christmas :p. I have Condemed,Call of Duty 2, Dead or Alive 4, Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gothom 3, and Neef for Speed:Most Wanted. All good games IMO.

PNT510
30th January 2006, 07:13 PM
[b]I bought mine on launch day. I have Call of Duty 2, Kameo, Dead or Alive 4, Project Gothem Racing 3, and Perfect Dark Zero. All of them are good games, except Perfect Dark, which I only played once so I can't really judge. I'd say Call of Duty is the best of the bunch.

Crazy
31st January 2006, 05:10 PM
I didn't like PDZ that much at first either, but the game grows on you. Pretty soon, you'll find yourself shouting "BOOM, HEADSHOT!". Ignore the hype though, it will kill the game for you.

Ghost
5th February 2006, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I tried Perfect Dark Zero from Gamefly. It was fun at first, but then it got kinda boring. Agreed that COD2 is the best, but they gotta fix MP

PNT510
5th February 2006, 11:18 AM
[b]I know they released a patch earlier this week to fix the multiplayer, I don't know how much it actually helped though.

Ghost
5th February 2006, 08:35 PM
No, that patch was to fix the SP save glitch were you would have to start over from training again. There still working on the supposed MP patch.

Craig
20th February 2006, 04:41 PM
I got mine on launch day, me and pants have played co-op a few times on PDZ.

I have too many games, I spoiled myself.

I got PDZ, Madden 06, Kameo, PGR3, Condemned, CoD2, DOA4

Where do you download the patch for CoD2? I hadn't played for a while and nothing I do seems to let me download it. Just says I can't join multiplayer sessions. I'm playing on Veteran mode after my single player game got wiped (the bug!) so I don't want it to wipe again :/

I love my xbox 360.

PNT510
20th February 2006, 05:45 PM
[b]I think you just need to be connected to live when you start up the game and it should patch.

Craig
22nd February 2006, 03:19 PM
Is it part of that "update" ? because I tried joining games last night and was sucessful...still nothing told me I patched CoD2 specifically though :/

Ghost
25th February 2006, 03:28 PM
When you load up the game and are connected to XBL it should say do you want to DL a update... Then you dl and it should be fixed. If it's not popping up then i'll try and look around and see if the same thing happened to anyone else.

Crazy
13th March 2006, 05:51 AM
ANy of you getting or have Ghost Recon:Advance War Fighter? That game KICKS ASS! It is easily the bets shooter on the system and is my favorite game. The SP is excellent and so is the MP.

Craig
13th March 2006, 02:48 PM
I went to rent it today, didn't have any in stock! I was crushed! (Not really.) So I rented Burnout Revenge. Its fun.

Is it really that great? I've never played Ghost Recon. Is it realistic (like 1-2 shots on the guy and hes dead) sort of like Rainbow Six?

Ghost
24th March 2006, 09:48 PM
I went to rent it today, didn't have any in stock! I was crushed! (Not really.) So I rented Burnout Revenge. Its fun.

Is it really that great? I've never played Ghost Recon. Is it realistic (like 1-2 shots on the guy and hes dead) sort of like Rainbow Six?

yeah, it's realistic like that, seeing as they're both by Tom Clancy.I didn't really like GRAW, so i traded that and King Kong for Burnout Revenge

Burnout Revenge= Hella fun.

PNT510
25th March 2006, 12:53 AM
[b]I loved Burnout 3 for Xbox because it had free event for single player(you could choose to play any level with any race type instead of the prechosen stuff from world tour), but they got rid of it for Burnout 4. Any chance that was added back into the 360 version?

Ghost
7th April 2006, 05:36 PM
No its not in 360, you either do world tour or Xbox live.

P0RYG0N
23rd April 2006, 04:31 PM
Alright, after a LOT of searching I've come up without that many solid answers. I wasn't sure if I should start a new topic or bump this old one, so I'll just do it here...

1) I know I can play on Xbox Live with my old gamertag on the 360, but are there any steps to change an Xbox account to an Xbox 360 one, or is it something that just instantly works?

2)If I get an Xbox Live Gold account on the 360 without cancelling my old account, will I have to pay for xbox live on the 360 AND the old Xbox, or will they both be covered under the cost of the Gold account?

3) If I get a silver account on the 360, will it also make playing games on the old Xbox free (since silver is free) or will my old xbox account continue billing as usual - or will I just lose the ability to play games online altogether?

4) Can you remove your information to stop the billing of Xbox Live, or do you have to call in and physically tell them for that to happen?

5) I know the original xbox could not use multiple xbox headsets on Live, is this the same for the 360?

6) Not Xbox Live-related, but there is NO way to move Xbox memory data to the 360, is there? :\

7)Are the user profiles pretty much an entire subsitute for game files, or do some games still have universal save slots?

Thanks.

PNT510
24th April 2006, 01:42 AM
[b]I can try and sum up your first bunch of questions. You can transfer your old XBL account over pretty easily from what I hear, and it's considered a gold account on the 360. So no need for 2 accounts, and with a silver account you can't play any games online.

I'm not sure if you have to call or if you can just remove your info, because I haven't tried to cancel my Xbox Live service yet. And unless you have multiple live accounts, only one headset may be used.

Sadly you can't transfer Xbox data onto the 360, so all your old music and game saves are stuck on it. And most games have the saves locked the the profiles, but I don't think all of them do.

Pm-5000fan
25th May 2006, 02:38 PM
I have really thought about buying the 360. I have played it before and I can tell you that the graphics are great, especially on a large screen. The price, although this is only my opinion, is outrageous. Three to FOUR hundred dollars just isn't something I have in my wallet right now. But, if I save up enough, I may just buy it to play Halo 3 on it...