PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone Users Read

tsugi
6th February 2006, 01:59 PM
this is pretty crummy. i heard from my friend (whom works for cingular) that they might drop T9 (predictive text option) from the options on the next generation of Cell phones because the Cell companies think that people don't actually use T9. Personally i like T9 alot, so i really want it to stay on the next generation of cell phones. He said increasing the page hits for the T9 site would show that people still use T9. Anyway if you use T9, want to do me a favor or would like to keep T9 on the next generation of cells visit their site located here (just a page hit helps): http://www.textfast.t9.com/index1.htm I simply ask that you help by giving them a page hit so that i can keep the feature on my phone.

Magmar
6th February 2006, 03:37 PM
...I'm actually NOT a cell phone user. :)

nightcrow
6th February 2006, 03:50 PM
personally i hate T9. with T9 it takes longer to write shorthand, usually because you have to cycle through the dictionary words and then just type it in yourself anyway. kind of annoying when you have a lot to say in a small space in a short amount of time.

Magmar
6th February 2006, 03:53 PM
it likes to say 'foot' instead of 'don't' and that bothers me. but like i said i don't own a cell phone and have survived just fine without one

firepokemon
6th February 2006, 04:52 PM
Predictive text? They the cell phone companies would be right. It sucks, I don't like it. Why does it have toi be default. Its not like you need to buy a new cell phone. I've had my current one since 2003 and it works fine. I'll keep it for a while longer too. I say good riddance to predictice text.

Dark-San
7th February 2006, 10:07 PM
[b][size=3] Yes be gone with the T9 features. I have a Nokia 7210 and the T9 features actually hinders the way when I try to type my message. Imagine when they actually spell 'What' as 'Whicu'. -_-"

PancaKe
8th February 2006, 12:07 AM
if you know how to use it, its' great.
but when you wnat to say a lot of stuff, just turn it off.
duh.
lol nah i find it heaps useful, its just so much quicker, provided the words are already in the dictionary

tsugi
8th February 2006, 02:13 PM
i dono i really like this feature and it saves me alot of time. Why do people have such hate for T9??? i really never understand it, its like, if you don't like it don't use it... simple, but people activly hate T9... Well Manual Text Entering ate my family and raped my crops, so now i hate manual too.

Little_Pikachu
8th February 2006, 02:23 PM
I have a PDA with a slidy out keypad so I don't use predtivtive text. I used to use it on my old phone though, never hurt me, it took a bit of getting used to, but once I started using it I found it much easier, probably due to me always doing my best to use full words and good spelling. I can image how it must annoy 13 year old AOLers who are more used to spelling everything incorrectly or with at least 3 letters dropped from it.

mr_pikachu
8th February 2006, 02:34 PM
Frankly, I never use the TXTing options. However, I can imagine that the predictive text would drive me crazy, especially if I was having a discussion about Pokemon. An endless supply of words that I could guarantee wouldn't be in a dictionary... that would be hell. :P

tsugi
8th February 2006, 04:22 PM
actually u can add words to the dictionary of T9 so it would maybe be ok for you. T9 does make stuff go faster i would recomend it.

Razola
9th February 2006, 01:51 AM
Why don't you...you know...TALK?

That's the damn point of getting a phone in the first place.

Crystal Mew
9th February 2006, 02:06 AM
I love t9, its so much faster. sure, some words like "go" come up as "in" first, but all you do is press 0 and it changes to 'go'

I would be mad if they dropped t9 because I hate using abc mode

Dark-San
9th February 2006, 03:46 AM

[b][size=3] Yupz that is the point. However my mobile plan is an free incoming call. Hence I would usually message the person whom I wanted to call to call me.

Drago
9th February 2006, 04:33 AM
it likes to say 'foot' instead of 'don't' and that bothers me. but like i said i don't own a cell phone and have survived just fine without one
lol 'I foot understand.' 'foot mess with me, man.'
Sorry. Struck me as funny.

Anyway I could not care less, I don't use the damn feature and it annoys me when I'm trying to type a message on someone else's phone and it comes up, suggesting that I use the word sunburn for no apparent reason. Dammitall, people are getting lazy if manually entering words on a phone is too much hassle.

Incidentally, I was entirely enticed by the topic title. That's some provocative stuff there, man.

mr_pikachu
9th February 2006, 09:27 PM

As I mentioned earlier, I don't use this feature; however, most of the people who I've seen who do use it do so during class. It'd be pretty blatant if they were chatting with a friend while the teacher's trying to lecture, so they do this with the phone inside a folder or something during those covert ops.

Dark Scizor
10th February 2006, 12:18 AM
I've never had a problem with predictive text. They could add a little more to their dictionary though.

tsugi
10th February 2006, 05:13 PM
you can always use the T9 option that lets you add words to your dictionary of your phone. I used that feature alot when i started Texting people.

Jeff
11th February 2006, 10:57 AM
Hey, I heard that cell phones have some feature where you can actually speak to the other person, I use it all the time! :P

Seriously though, when I do use text messaging or when I have to type stuff into my phone for any other reason, I manually enter it. I foot ... er don't really like the predictive text feature, it feels like I have little control over exaclty what gets typed.

Kris
11th February 2006, 12:23 PM
Im a predictive txt user and find it saves a lot of time. My phone is suited to me and it knows which words I use the most so I dont have to change words to the ones I want to use very often.

Chris 2.1
11th February 2006, 05:04 PM
Hey, I heard that cell phones have some feature where you can actually speak to the other person

What a disgusting world we live in. I don't think my cell can do that...it can take pictures, videos, surf the internet...erm it has WiLi (Wireless Life support) so I don't need to drag my life support machine around all the time...and I can control sea creatures with it too.

But talking to people?

Guh

Dark Scizor
11th February 2006, 06:13 PM
you can always use the T9 option that lets you add words to your dictionary of your phone. I used that feature alot when i started Texting people.

I know that, but some common-ish words are not in the dictionary, which can be a bit of a bitch.

Arnen
11th February 2006, 06:31 PM
I think this is funny. People complaining because their phone isn't going to enter words for them anymore... :xd:

tsugi
13th February 2006, 12:21 PM
I know that, but some common-ish words are not in the dictionary, which can be a bit of a bitch.

ya that is a lil annoying, but in the long run u save time entering those words.

mew151
13th February 2006, 07:24 PM
it's called iTAP on my moto phone. and i can toggle it off with a push of the # key. no worries.

Mega Horny
13th February 2006, 07:26 PM
Cingular?? :mad:

scrudat, buy a razr

Sceptile_Master
13th February 2006, 07:36 PM
I can't stand predictive texting. I despise it with a deep firey passion. But they may as well keep it in for the people that do use it. They should just stop making it the default input thingy for texting grr. But anyhoo predictive texting is a bitch for small little words.

tsugi
17th February 2006, 03:32 PM
wait explain this iTap thing? and how is it better than T9?

mew151
18th February 2006, 08:48 PM
i've never used (or even heard of) T9, but i think iTAP is the default predictive text program in almost all motorola phones. i like it...

en0miz
21st February 2006, 12:54 PM
I hate t9.. I rather just type it out myself because it's what I'm used to.. Good riddance. :o

MeLoVeGhOsTs
21st February 2006, 02:52 PM
My T9 is automaticaly installed and I have to put it off every time I type a message, hence I learned to type with it. It's stupid that some easy words are not in it, although I use alot of dialect so I have to type some words in that it doesn't record! Crummy.

tsugi
22nd February 2006, 02:21 PM
My T9 is automaticaly installed and I have to put it off every time I type a message, hence I learned to type with it. It's stupid that some easy words are not in it, although I use alot of dialect so I have to type some words in that it doesn't record! Crummy.

ya some of my friends complained about it not saving their words, i thought they were just wrong, but i guess they were right because a few people on forums have the same problem.

kalad1
23rd February 2006, 11:42 AM
I'll start messenging when cellphones have keyboards. But seriously, I find using my Cell to send text to someone stupid. 90% of the time, I can hop on a computer and message them that way. Also, if any of you dare use your cell in ANY way while driving, I give you the glare of doom.

mew151
23rd February 2006, 11:23 PM
haha! its a bad habit of mine to try to tap out a text message while behind the wheel...
i like text messaging because its like instant messaging on the go. y'know, when you wanna send a quick message without being suckered into a whole conversation, thus burning all your minutes.

Magmar
24th February 2006, 12:39 PM
I GOT A CELL PHONE OMG THE WORLD HAS COME TO A HALT

...and it has that texting option, and I hate it. It doesn't like f-bombs.

tsugi
24th February 2006, 03:49 PM
haha! its a bad habit of mine to try to tap out a text message while behind the wheel...
i like text messaging because its like instant messaging on the go. y'know, when you wanna send a quick message without being suckered into a whole conversation, thus burning all your minutes.

you know people like u scare the hell outa me... japan has it right, its illeagle to use a cell phone while u drive.

woz
24th February 2006, 09:37 PM
hey guys i heard cellphones give you cancer