PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Axis Mundi (Round 4)

Plantae
6th February 2006, 08:53 PM
The Fourth Round commences.

The rules, and the prescribed required reading of this game, can be found here (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/axismundi.htm). This is my choice Random Number Generator (http://www.mdani.demon.co.uk/para/random.htm).

General Rules
1. Do not excessively spam in this topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game or they will die instantly.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.

The victims and victors of this round follow:

Alive
Dark-San
Heald
Vulpix.ck87
Yero Thropp

Dead
Magmar - Elder
Ace64 - Guardian Spirit
TheBlueAvenger - Oracle
Green Lanturn - Shifter (Owl)
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Vigilante
Zcade0 - Shaman
Chris Watarimono - Elder
Weasel Overlord - Elder

Roles Alive
Shifter x3
High Elder

=

[color=limegreen]Dawn

"The spirits are restless!" The High Elder's voice seemed boundless, grounded and amplified by that of Gaea, nature mother. He scanned his surrounding elders, and the other respected village members. His eyes watched them ferociously, for any quiver, for any movement that might indicate their nature that was free from her will.

"We will show them their place, that they are to be trees if they are trees! Wolves must be wolves! There is no tame in nature, and wild is abound, but Gaea does not like those that try to break free of the natural order!"

"Hail!" It was the unanimous cry of a united village. But, it was not less than subtle that a few yelled a little more meekly than their comrades.

As the dawn broke across the hills, and over the treetops, it did its best to penetrate the canopy. However, it seemed that only darkness could reside on the forest floor. Here, where the animal spirits truly communed, watching and waiting, and seeking their chance for freedom. There was no one to trust when anyone could be anyone. Wolf or man? Shifter.

"To whatever end," was the unspoken cry of the shaman's people. They would search, but could they eradicate the beast most in its element in the wild?

End

The current date/time is: SHIFTER VICTORY!

Let the hunters and the hunted emerge. This is the Dance.

Yero Thropp
6th February 2006, 10:07 PM
No vote.

Magmar
6th February 2006, 11:37 PM
I'm going to remain neutral for now. Interesting new roles, by the way, Plantae.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
7th February 2006, 12:53 AM
For once I'm trying not to get killed in the first few rounds.

Neutral

Dark-San
7th February 2006, 04:57 AM
[col0r=chocolate][b][size=3] No vote. [/color]

The Blue Avenger
7th February 2006, 05:36 AM
Yeah, I'ma go with no vote.

Vulpix.ck87
7th February 2006, 06:02 AM
no vote, no point in risking a human life.

Chris Watarimono
7th February 2006, 06:40 AM
No voting on this side either.

Weasel Overlord
7th February 2006, 09:32 AM
No vote? No votes all around it seems. Well, I shall not instil unnecessary hatred, no vote here either!

Ace64
7th February 2006, 05:58 PM
The Shifters can only get ahead if we do nothing. But, seeing as there's nothing incriminating about so many neutrals, I'll do the same.

No vote.

Green Lanturn
7th February 2006, 06:17 PM
Indeed, nobody will die this dawn.

no vote

~GL

Plantae
7th February 2006, 06:39 PM
Indeed no one will. It seems the dark is closing in. Must be Dusk I.

Plantae
8th February 2006, 03:41 PM
What ire was that in their eyes?

Dead
Magmar - Elder

The sun seems not to rise without remorse for the dead, but alas, and fortunately, it is again dawn. Dawn II.

Magmar
8th February 2006, 05:49 PM
Why do I get the feeling that I know who at least ONE shifter is, seeing as how I died first *cough*

*goes back to grave to seek out that person's foot to chew on*

Oh, by the way, I have a good feeling that I know a few people who ARENT shifters.

Ace64
8th February 2006, 07:03 PM
Aw, what the hell...

I'll vote for Dark-San.

No special reason, besides the fact that we need to stir things up if we're going to find the shifters, and humans are already down by one Elder. Depending on your response, I'll probably end up changing my vote. Don't take it personally.

The Blue Avenger
8th February 2006, 07:08 PM
I agree with Ace64; I'll change my vote if I find something more compelling. Nothing personal, Dark-San.

Dark-San
8th February 2006, 08:47 PM
[b][size=3] Yes, I do have something to say. By volunteering my name, you are putting me on the chopping board for the dawn vote. -_-"

I will return the favour, Ace64. No special reason.

Green Lanturn
8th February 2006, 09:00 PM
Well, as far as my vote goes, I do believe Ace is a big-bandwagon jumper. It makes me suspicious in that, it may be a specific group he is following. Shifters will also OFTEN mention things like "human" or "incriminating", to make themselves sound a little bit more...trustworthy.

As far as dark-san goes, I feel she is now in the same position I was in last game, where a random vote for myself popped up, and I retaliated.

For now, my vote will go to Ace64.

I WILL listen to what others have to say though, and who knows, I may vote out somebody else.

~GL

Ace64
8th February 2006, 09:19 PM
I may have started a bandwagon, but I've yet to jump on one.
Seeing as how this is my second round, and as I've yet to be a Shifter, I wouldn't know too much about "what Shifters would say." I stated a fact in saying that humans were down one, but take that as you will. Saying "shifter" wouldn't make you believe I was a human, right? And interestingly enough, when a "random" vote for you came up from the Seer, you turned out to be a Shifter in the end.

But, that was last time. Nothing to do for today.
Anyways,I've seen nothing to change my vote, so I'll let it stand, and see how it plays out.But so far, I've seen two votes thrown at me with little explanation other than retaliation.

Zcade0
8th February 2006, 09:26 PM
Ace shortest name! mwahahahaha!!

Chris Watarimono
8th February 2006, 09:31 PM
I'm going to split this quarrel down the middle and vote Dark-San. That way, both of you guys are on the line, which should make things even. Somewhat.

-Chris R.

Weasel Overlord
9th February 2006, 03:04 AM
Well well well, what a to-do. Who to vote for...I'm gonna make it even more even by voting for Ace...but wait, that's not even at all...better that someone dies who we vote for, than leaving it to fate with a dice roll...

Ace64
9th February 2006, 05:27 AM
Well, if I should die, remember that Weasel Overlord broke the tie...use that as you will..

*goes back to waiting for Dusk*

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
9th February 2006, 06:34 AM
Dark-San

Because I like dice. Virtual or otherwise.

Vulpix.ck87
9th February 2006, 06:51 AM
I'm kinda feeling Dark-san for a shifter, but i really don't know.. boy, I hate bandwagons. Hopefully this is progress. Sorry :(

Dark-San
9th February 2006, 08:25 AM
[b][size=3] Great, now I am losing out for no apparant reasons and for being the first victim-to-be of this bandwagon logic.

Current vote count is 5 votes to me and 4 votes to Ace64.

For my side, no vote change for me. I am sticking with Ace64.

*Goes back watching animes*

Vulpix.ck87
9th February 2006, 09:51 AM
A tie break..? Having no idea who's who.. >< Maybe i jumped the gun a bit.. I'll vote Ace64.

Blah, i gotta work :(

Heald
9th February 2006, 11:18 AM
No one who watches animes can be evil.

Ace64. Bandwagon starters are evil.

Plantae
9th February 2006, 11:24 AM
I believe I have given long enough for this vote to be hashed out. So the result-

Dead
Ace64 - Guardian Spirit

It seems another dreary event proceeds the night air of Dusk II.

Plantae
9th February 2006, 05:55 PM
I believe that is entirely incorrect. Plantae cock-up numero uno. Ace64 is the Guardian Spirit. You might have wanted to know that, ahem.

Ace64
9th February 2006, 06:31 PM
Well, yeah. Death sucks. But even death serves a purpose, as you know have about, oh.... 9 or so votes to think about? Now, you can place un-wanted accusations anywhere you want! Use the Dusk to think about that, and come up with your own conclusions...Use it well. Shifters have a slight lead, and if they're lucky, it'll get worse...Good luck!

*leaves mortal body behind and flies to heaven as spirit*

Magmar
9th February 2006, 10:38 PM
There's good food in spirit land, I'm tellin ya.

There isn't a whole lot I am qualified to say, as the dead. You are all way off course, however. I have my suspicions on TWO of the shifters, and nobody seems to be catching on to what I am... I want you to stop and think about who just might be a shifter, considering I died first. HMM. Also, one other person--and possibly a third. You are all WAY off track.

Plantae
10th February 2006, 04:01 PM
There lay a body, a single forlorn corpse of the poor soul... and the body of one not so well-viewed.

Dead
TheBlueAvenger - Oracle
Green Lanturn - Shifter (Owl)

But it was not the end of the horrors. Mists cloud the sky and the crack of thunder is heard overhead, an ominous ring of foul magic. The sky stays a velvet black, as it is still Dusk, but only now Dusk III.

The Blue Avenger
10th February 2006, 04:35 PM
Gyaaaaaah!

Nooooo!

I do hope you people are beginning to see a pattern here...

Ah well. That's life... or rather, death for you. *KA-AFTERLIFE!*

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
10th February 2006, 08:30 PM
*long sigh* Well, the game's pretty much over now, isn't it? After I've been cracking my head open daily, too.
*waits for next round*

Plantae
11th February 2006, 09:15 PM
I wasn't aware we were playing dominoes.

Dead
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Vigilante

You all, good sirs, are not in the best condition. Thankfully, the foul dusk has finally dispersed as the first light shines again through the trees: Dawn III.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
11th February 2006, 10:40 PM
I had been wondering how long it would take for you to get me before I got you, you naughty shifters, you. :P
Oh well. Back to homework and mahjong.

Magmar
11th February 2006, 11:03 PM
I agree with Ace64; I'll change my vote if I find something more compelling. Nothing personal, Dark-San.

THANK YOU MR. ORACLE. *hint hint*

Vulpix.ck87
12th February 2006, 06:36 AM
Ok, i have to disagree with the *must remind* DEAD Magmar. Being oracle last round i know that you hardly ever strike lucky first time, usually you just reveal humans, and clearly the Blue Avenger had nothing to go on (hence the 'I'll change my vote if i find something more compelling' bit), so he just leapt on the bandwagon, which had two sides, remember? Started by the guardian spirit Ace and with Dark-san retaliating, like people always do when they're voted for out of the blue. We've been down this path before and either way it's just two non-shifter players guessing/ standing up for themselves, with shifters egging* them on.. We already killed the guardian spirit so i don't want to take out the shaman, otherwise we're screwed..

This game's been so short with the double dusk it seems, and we don't have too much to go on.. I'll vote for someone who's been pretty quiet since the first round, perhaps acting under a cover of darkness, cos I can't think who else it might be. Zcade.

*no pun intended, Jobes ^^

Ace64
12th February 2006, 09:58 AM
Since I don't see too much progress here, besides the deaths of those who may help, thought I might pass a message on from the afterlife...

I think the thing people are forgetting is the new Shifter roles. The Oracle may lost a great deal of power depending on the actions of the Fox Shifter. I don't know what TBA might have seen, but the Oracle may not be infallible. (Of course, this goes both ways, being a 50-50 chance.) The Shifters also have an Oracle of their own, if I'm not mistaken, with the Owl. Since it seems that not too many Elders are being killed, it makes me wonder if we're being "sniped." It wouldn't surprise me if the Shaman goes next...you can't hide.

Ok, message over.POOF!

Green Lanturn
12th February 2006, 11:53 AM
[Dead]Hey guys, come on, the dead are supposed to be silent. Especially you magmar, these constant hints are getting to be a bit annoying, especially since you are out of the game! Just let these guys figure it out on their own.

One of the rules does state that the dead should keep their comments at a minimal, please follow it and stay dead.

And yeah, the shifters had their oracle, with myself, the owl, but its prettyt much fair-play right now.

~GL

Plantae
12th February 2006, 01:56 PM
Thank you Green Lanturn, and those others who responded in the same way. The dead are to keep their comments quite minimal; however, my only gripe is that "hinting" from the grave, as opposed to simply talking, is entirely disallowed. This is your first and only warning.

Should I need to say something again, it may result in suspension from next round.

Weasel Overlord
12th February 2006, 02:32 PM
I'm gonna go with Vulps for this vote. Whenever Zcade has been a shifter in other rounds (yes, I am employing the dreaded Yero way of thinking here...*gasp*) he's been totally silent. Best form of defence for a shifter, in my eyes...or at least, until someone realises.

My vote, therefore, goes to Zcade0.

Yero Thropp
12th February 2006, 03:08 PM
Time to remind everyone who voted Dark-San and who voted Ace last round:

Ace (Guardian Spirit): Green Lanturn (shifter,) Zcade, Weasel, Vulpix (changed when Vulpix realized that Dark-San was losing 5-4,) Heald, Dark-San

Dark-San: Chiko-Sai (vigilante,) Chris W., TheBlueAvenger (Oracle), Ace

Let's review. Both Chiko-Sai and TheBlueAvenger (good guys, one of which can know for sure who is bad or good,) voted for Dark-San. GL voted for a good guy, turned out to be bad... Vulpix suddenly changed votes after realizing that Dark-San was going to die.

Weasel is right, Zcade is usually silent when he is a shifter... but there's stronger evidence against others. My vote is going to Vulpix. True, it could be Dark-San too, but this is just a flip of the coin here.

Plantae
12th February 2006, 03:16 PM
I would like to notate to all players that the rules have been slightly changed for balance reasons. The High Elder role has had conditions added to it, and three of the previous shifter roles have been reincluded. The Wolf and the Elk have been removed, and the Weasel has instead been added, bring the total number of possible shifter roles to eight.

These rule changes will be active during next game, which I will be participating in. Weasel Overlord will be the host of Axis Mundi (Round 5).

The Blue Avenger
12th February 2006, 03:23 PM
How often can the Weasel's ability be used? If it can be used every single Dusk, that could be really unfair.

Plantae
12th February 2006, 03:37 PM
I apologize for the lack of clarity. It is actually every second dusk. I will edit that promptly.

Zcade0
12th February 2006, 04:18 PM
Dark San *votes futallily before he dies*.

All the shifters are attacking me... wahahahahahaha!!!... *sad* well, at least I got my ability in before I died. Bye!!! (at least I hope it worked...)

Plantae
12th February 2006, 06:14 PM
The light of the sun is growing faint on the horizon, and a beautiful sunset is tragic in the light of the events prior to it.

Dead
Zcade0 - Shaman

Another ally falls to the treachery of the vicious shifters. The stage is set for a murderous Dusk IV. However, this act is not yet over.

A failing has been noticed, and the shifters are no longer in the minority. This game of Russian Roulette has ended, and the lives of the elders Chris Watarimono and Weasel Overlord were merely inevitable in the face of such overwhelming odds.

Shifter Victory!

Ace64
12th February 2006, 06:29 PM
....The irony, quite literally, kills.

A hex revives me, and I return here, only to find Zcade0, one of the people who voted for my death, to be the same person who returned me to life.

Too bad the humans lose...again. Maybe I should spend less time talking in these games...hmm..

Ah well.There's always next time.

The Blue Avenger
12th February 2006, 06:32 PM
For the record, I did know that Dark-San was a shifter.

Vulpix.ck87
12th February 2006, 07:43 PM
*sits there looking terribly vulpine* heh heh heh..

A fox shifter? My my, who else could play that part..?

Green Lanturn
12th February 2006, 08:23 PM
Yayness, twice a shifter, twice i ring in the spoils of victory, despitew the fact that i actually died this go-around. My owlness reigns supreme!

I cant wait to see what wil happen in the next game.

Dear Weasel, when might that be starting, I am anxious.

~GL

Magmar
12th February 2006, 08:32 PM
Looks like I was right. No wonder the SHIFTERS kept trying to silence me with my dead comments ;)

Dark-San
12th February 2006, 10:05 PM
[b][size=3]Yes Magmar, you are leaking too much information into the game even if you are dead. Try not to do that in the next game k?

Anyway hooray for the shifters win!!!!!! Woot *Celebrates*

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
13th February 2006, 03:55 AM
Bwahaha, I killed GL, fear me xD Had been about to snipe Vulps and Dark-San too... nyeh!!! Foiled! *gripes*
Note on Shifter abilities: My gosh, you do know this game is just so uber unfairly biased towards shifters right now, don't you, Jou-kun? :P

Plantae
13th February 2006, 07:39 AM
I have seen the same pattern, Yi-wen. This is exactly the reason I plan to discuss the rules with Weasel before she hosts her game, fix a few balance issues...

Dark-San
13th February 2006, 09:00 AM
Bwahaha, I killed GL, fear me xD Had been about to snipe Vulps and Dark-San too... nyeh!!! Foiled! *gripes*

[b][size=3] I gave my fellow shifters a choice. Either take out Chris or Emo. Heald didn't respond and Vulpix firmly stick to Emo. So hence, I too voted for Emo.

The shifters were actually on a winning start since luck was on our side. Guardian Spirit was took out first, then the Oracle. Yero's defection came at a right time and we are able to take out Emo consecutively.

@Plantae~ Did you add me in MSN a few weeks ago? I got this request and I just added in anyway.

Heald
13th February 2006, 09:20 AM
Er, yeah, sorry for not responding, I spent the last 4 days in Sheffield without a computer (to ignorant yanks, Sheffield is about 200 miles from where I am right now).

Anyway, woo, we won.

Weasel Overlord
13th February 2006, 12:48 PM
Glarm! We losted! >< >< >< Darn you Vulpix! You fiend!

ahem...I am planning to start the game either on Wednesday or Thursday, so heads up for a new hosty people!

Zcade0
13th February 2006, 06:09 PM
Hey! didn't I revive the guardian angle or something? Well, I tired. Bye.

Magmar
13th February 2006, 10:08 PM
I look forward to it, Weasel :)

Dark-San
14th February 2006, 05:58 AM
Hey! didn't I revive the guardian angle or something? Well, I tired. Bye.

[b][size=3] If I'm not wrong, the guardian angel will only be revived by the day. However at dusk, the odds are already against the humans, 4 against 2. The shifters still win it.

Ace64
14th February 2006, 08:03 AM
Right, right. Plus it doesn't help that the High Elder betrayed us, again. Starting to become standard..

Zcade0
14th February 2006, 03:53 PM
ok, so when does the next round start?

Plantae
14th February 2006, 05:02 PM
When Weasel Overlord said Tuesday or Wednesday, she actually meant Wednesday or Thursday. We are scheduled to discuss rules tomorrow, and so it may or may not be up tomorrow night.