PDA

View Full Version : Darkfire Vs. jkBAKURA, Ref: Super Pabs

Skye
9th February 2006, 12:32 PM
2 on 2 (both at once)
DQ: 1 week
Arena: Large ring with loose sand with large, jagged rocks jutting up in all directions, surrounded by a thick concrete wall.
Banned Moves: Attract, Destiny Bond, Grudge, Momento, Perish Song, Pain Split, Rest, Substitute, Toxic, any recovery move that doesn't do damage (ex: recover, wish, synthesis).
I send first, you attack first.

I'll send out two of my Pokes that haven't had a good stretch in a while. Lavanya my shiny female Espeon and Kallias my male Arcanine.

jkBAKURA
9th February 2006, 02:55 PM
If you don't mind, I haven't had a new challanged in a while, so in a word... you're on!

And I think I know just the two for the job,

Ceal, my male Houndour and Keyest, my female Seel

*Double flash*

"Harouooooond"

"Theel, Theel"

As soon as you accept and we have a ref, I'll start posting attacks.

Skye
9th February 2006, 04:47 PM
I accept your acceptance of this accenptable battle. Now any Ref who would like to volunteer for the job, I accept and we can get this show on the road! ^.^

jkBAKURA
11th February 2006, 06:48 PM
Pardon me. Thisd match is still in need of a ref if anyone isn't busy

Super Pabs
11th February 2006, 07:27 PM
I can ref this, if it's OK with the both of you! I'm not approved yet, but you can see the mock ref I did in the reffing tower if you want to see my style. In the meantime, you guys can post attacks!

Skye
11th February 2006, 10:18 PM
Well, I would prefer to have an official ref, but I think we can go ahead and post attacks anyway while Super Pabs is waiting for an approval. We already know who we're using and such, and I don't think it matters who refs as long as they have approval. ^.^ I mean, what better way to work out minor bugs than to ref?

jkBAKURA
12th February 2006, 10:20 AM
It's fine with me as long as we both get fair treatment. To be honest, I worry about our ability to get points for this battle. but this kind of thing is more for fun anyway right?

For starters, Keyest, begin with a Bubblebeam on Arcanine. He's one of the fastest Pokemon in the game, and I have no doubt he'll use that to his advantage. Next, use our trademark defence, and Ice Beam an igloo (or a similar Ice Defence structure) around yourself and wait. If the Ice melts, son't worry, I don't expect it to last long with two fire types in play, but the water should help with moved like Surf later. Next fire Water Gun at Arcanine from the fortress. Use it as a counter if Arcanine sends fire in your direction.

Now Ceal, with Keyest working on Arcanine, we need to work hard to keep Espeon busy. First, hit it with a Faint Attack, then use a Smog and cover as much of the arena as possible. Keyest should get minimum damage inside her hideout. Third we use a Flamethrower in Espeon's Direction, igniting the Smog, and doing some damage in the process. I hope he likes his poemon extra crispy!

If we have all that covered, I think I'll turn it over to you.

Skye
12th February 2006, 06:37 PM
Heh, it's just a game. Plus the battlers have permission to eat the bad reffs. I'm sure Super Pabs will do a good job, though. ^^

Kallias, Extremespeed out of the way of Bubblebeam and come at Ceal, combining into a Body Sklam with your momentum. Stay out of Water Gun range from Keyest if possible and use a Howl.

Lavanya, send a Psybeam at Keyest. Next, Dig underground and wait for a bit. After Ceal has Flamethrowered his own Smog, come up under him and hit him hard!

Kallias: Extemespeed/Body Slam combo (Ceal) ~ Howl

Lavanya: Psybeam (Keyest) ~ Dig (go under) ~ Dig (come up and hit Ceal after he Flamethrowers Smog)

Super Pabs
12th February 2006, 08:59 PM
P R E - B A T T L E

The sandy arena where today’s battle takes place is surrounded by high, concrete walls which surround the circular battlefield. It’s littered with jagged brown rocks, protruding from the ground like sharp icebergs in the Arctic Ocean. There is no hope of clemency from the arena today; this will be quite difficult terrain for the battlers to traverse.

Our trainers have already arrived in the battlefield. On one end of the ring: a teenage girl, calm and collected despite the imposing rocks in front of her. She is an experienced battler and is confident in her team’s abilities.

On the other end of the field stands a boy, a little more nervous than the girl. He is not quite as experienced as her and has unevolved Pokémon, but he still thinks he could pull off a win today.

The girl, Darkfire, acts first, tossing two Pokéballs into the fray. “I'll send out two of my Pokes that haven't had a good stretch in a while,” she says as the Pokéballs hit the ground and release their contents. “Lavanya my shiny female Espeon and Kallias my male Arcanine,” she continues as the corresponding creatures materialize in front of her.

“And I think I know just the two for the job,” responds the boy, jkBAKURA, “Ceal, my male Houndour and Keyest, my female Seel.” He tosses his Pokéballs, and in a flash of light, a bone-clad hound and a pudgy seal appear on the battlefield.

“For starters, Keyest, begin with a Bubblebeam on Arcanine. He's one of the fastest Pokemon in the game, and I have no doubt he'll use that to his advantage. Next, use our trademark defence, and Ice Beam an igloo (or a similar Ice Defence structure) around yourself and wait. If the Ice melts, son't worry, I don't expect it to last long with two fire types in play, but the water should help with moved like Surf later. Next fire Water Gun at Arcanine from the fortress. Use it as a counter if Arcanine sends fire in your direction.

“Now Ceal, with Keyest working on Arcanine, we need to work hard to keep Espeon busy. First, hit it with a Faint Attack, then use a Smog and cover as much of the arena as possible. Keyest should get minimum damage inside her hideout. Third we use a Flamethrower in Espeon's Direction, igniting the Smog, and doing some damage in the process. I hope he likes his Pokémon extra crispy!

“If we have all that covered, I think I'll turn it over to you.”

Darkfire has her counterattack ready. “Kallias, Extremespeed out of the way of Bubblebeam and come at Ceal, combining into a Body Slam with your momentum. Stay out of Water Gun range from Keyest if possible and use a Howl.

"Lavanya, send a Psybeam at Keyest. Next, Dig underground and wait for a bit. After Ceal has Flamethrowered his own Smog, come up under him and hit him hard!”

PRE-BATTLE CONDITIONS

[center]Darkfire
jkBAKURA

Two
on
Two

Remaining PKMN: OO....

Rules:

Double Battle

One Week DQ

:

Move Restrictions:
No use of:

AttractDestiny BondGrudge
MomentoPerish SongPain Split
RestSubstituteToxic
Recovery Moves

:
[center]Current Battlers

[center]http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/Em/196.png http://www.serebii.net/emerald/pokemon/059.png
http://www.serebii.net/emerald/pokemon/228.png http://www.serebii.net/emerald/pokemon/086.png

LAVANYA and KALLIAS
VS.
CEAL and KEYEST

the female Espeon and male Arcanine
the male Houndour and female Seel

100% HP {::::::::::} ~ 100% HP {::::::::::}
{::::::::::} 100% HP ~ {::::::::::} 100% HP

100% EN {::::::::::} ~ 100% EN {::::::::::}
{::::::::::} 100% EN ~ {::::::::::} 100% EN

ARENA STATUS: Sandy rock-infested field with concrete wall - No changes

*~*~*~*

R O U N D O N E B E G I N !

With the attacks issued, the first round of this double battle begins. The Seel inhales to send out a barrage of bubbles at the Arcanine as the Houndour fades out of sight. The Espeon doesn't notice Ceal disappearing as it begins to focus on charging its mental powers, the jewel on its forehead glowing with a faint purple hue. Little does it know that the devillish dog is about to tackle it from behind. Meanwhile, Keyest spits out a stream of high-velocity bubbles in the direction of the great orange dog. But Kallias is ready. It seems to disappear as it uses immense speed in zooming away, the bubbles colliding with a nearby rock harmlessly. Its confusion turns into anger as it is unexpectedly nailed from the side by Lavanya's Psybeam attack, hitting for a good amount of damage. But just as Lavanya caught Keyest off guard, Ceal catches the Espeon off guard by hitting it with the Faint Attack from the side.

But this chain of off-guard attacks isn't done yet. The Arcanine finishes up its combo with a Body Slam tackle to Houndour, not even giving it time to gloat after hitting the Espeon. With Arcanine's momentum, it knocks the much smaller pup clear across the field, the Ceal stopping only when it collides with a rock pretty hard. Angered, it coughs up a cloud of smog, but, still sputtering from the impact with the jagged rock, it only manages to fill about a fourth of the arena, but managing to envelope all of the Pokémon in play. The Espeon now realizes that the cloud of Smog is its cue, and burrows quickly underground to avoid the coming attack, its breathing labored as faint traces of smog follow it down the tunnel. Keyest, shrouded in the Smog, still manages to construct its igloo of defense with a steady stream of Ice Beam. However, it traps smog inside the structure with it, and as it breathes the smog, it begins to lose energy.

None of the Pokémon now have any visibility of their surroundings. Kallias is the only one daring enough to carry out its next move, howling loudly to raise its spirits. The howl jars the Houndour into action as it remembers its job. It realizes that it cannot aim its Flamethrower in the Espeon's direction as commanded because, well, it can't see a thing. So it fires a large stream of fire in the direction it thinks Lavanya is in, accidentally inhaling some smog in the process. The smog gets very warm and begins igniting in places, causing small explosions which hurt both Ceal and Kallias. They also blow a few holes in Keyest's igloo defense. Seeing these new holes, Keyest attempts to fire its Water Gun blindly out of one of the holes, hoping it hits the Arcanine, but it misses horribly and does nothing but clear some of the smog. As the small explosions cease, Lavanya tunnels beneath Ceal, judging its position based on the yelps of pain it let out from being hit with the explosions, and tackles him from beneath, knocking him into the air and doing a fair amout of damage. Definitely payback for the Faint Attack.

*~*~*~*

P O S T - B A T T LE

POST-BATTLE CONDITIONS

Darkfire
jkBAKURA

Two
on
Two

:

Current Battlers

[center]http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/Em/196.png http://www.serebii.net/emerald/pokemon/059.png
http://www.serebii.net/emerald/pokemon/228.png http://www.serebii.net/emerald/pokemon/086.png

LAVANYA and KALLIAS
VS.
CEAL and KEYEST

93% HP {::::::::::} ~ 96% HP {::::::::::}
{:::::::::.} 85% HP ~ {::::::::::} 96% HP

94% EN {:::::::::.} ~ 98% EN {::::::::::}
{:::::::::.} 94% EN ~ {:::::::::.} 93% EN

:

Next Round

Darkfire Attacks FirstjkBAKURA attacks Second

ARENA STATUS: Sandy rock-infested field with concrete wall - Still covered with a light cloud of Smog, about half of Keyest's igloo still remaining

Skye
12th February 2006, 09:34 PM
Hn, Kallias, use a Double Team to add to the confusion. While Keyest is in that igloo, we should have no trouble with her. Next, use two Returns on Ceal since everything is going so well.

Lavanya, Double Team as well and then use Helping Hand x2 on Kallias.

Kallias: Double Team ~ Return (Ceal) ~ Return (Ceal)

Lavanya: Double Team ~ Helping Hand (Kallias) ~ Helping Hand (Kallias)

jkBAKURA
14th February 2006, 03:14 PM
Oh no, and I thought that igloo would keep the smog out! Just goes to show that even the best layed planns can go bad.

New stratagy here. Keyest, use Horn Drill to break out of that Igloo. It won't help now that the air has gone stale, and may send ice chunks at those Espeon clones and reveal the real one.

Ceal, same idea to get Arcanine to show himself, only you will be using Swift.

Keyest, we need to keep Arcanine from going anywhere, so use another Ice beam, and try and freeze him to the floor. Your true goal though, is the mouth. If we get that frozen shut Arcanine is crippled. At least we can slow it down.

After that, Ceal, start focusing on Espeon. With her not attacking, we've got a clear shot. Since it worked so well the first time, use Faint Attack to find the real one.

Keyest, hit Arcanine where it hurts with a Waterfall, but be sure it's cold water! We don't want him getting out if he's frosen

Super Pabs
14th February 2006, 09:02 PM
I'll ref this battle tomorrow after school, today was a bit hectic for me...

Super Pabs
15th February 2006, 06:12 PM
Ok, I had the ref nearly done... and then I realized... jkBakura, your Houndour does not have a third attack. I'm assuming that was a mistake? Post your third attack for it and the ref will be put up... don't edit the old post, make a new one so I can see easily when you have responded.

jkBAKURA
15th February 2006, 08:43 PM
Woopsie! This is my first double battle, so i'm having trouble keeping track of two pokemon.

I meant to post that after finding the real Espeon, hit it with as nasty of a Crunch attach as you can muster up.

Sorry.

Super Pabs
16th February 2006, 04:16 AM
Ref will be up today at around... *thinks* 9:30 AM Eastern Time (gonna finish it in Web Design lol)

Super Pabs
16th February 2006, 02:40 PM
Sorry for the delay... what a day for school computers to be jacked up!

P R E - B A T T L E

When we last left off, our battlers were all quite fatigued from their first round. The already dangerous field still has a dangerous covering of smog. Keyest the Seel is also having difficulties as it has been trapped in its own defenses. Will it free itself and kick some butt this round? Will Ceel make conditions even harder? Will everybody stop taking cheap shots while their opponent's back is turned?! Let's find out!

"Hn, Kallias," begns Darkfire, "use a Double Team to add to the confusion. While Keyest is in that igloo, we should have no trouble with her. Next, use two Returns on Ceal since everything is going so well.

"Lavanya, Double Team as well and then use Helping Hand x2 on Kallias."

jkBAKURA is ready to retaliate this time. "Oh no, and I thought that igloo would keep the smog out! Just goes to show that even the best layed planns can go bad.

"New strategy here. Keyest, use Horn Drill to break out of that igloo. It won't help now that the air has gone stale, and may send ice chunks at those Espeon clones and reveal the real one.

"Ceal, same idea to get Arcanine to show himself, only you will be using Swift.

"Keyest, we need to keep Arcanine from going anywhere, so use another Ice Beam, and try and freeze him to the floor. Your true goal though, is the mouth. If we get that frozen shut Arcanine is crippled. At least we can slow it down.

"After that, Ceal, start focusing on Espeon. With her not attacking, we've got a clear shot. Since it worked so well the first time, use Faint Attack to find the real one. After finding the real Espeon, hit it with as nasty of a Crunch attach as you can muster up.

"Keyest, hit Arcanine where it hurts with a Waterfall, but be sure it's cold water! We don't want him getting out if he's frozen!"

PRE-BATTLE CONDITIONS

[center]Darkfire
jkBAKURA

Two
on
Two

Rules:

Double Battle

One Week DQ

:

Move Restrictions:
No use of:
AttractDestiny BondGrudge
MomentoPerish SongPain Split
RestSubstituteToxic
Recovery Moves
:
[center]Current Battlers

LAVANYA and KALLIAS
VS.
CEAL and KEYEST

93% HP {::::::::::} ~ 96% HP {::::::::::}
{:::::::::.} 85% HP ~ {::::::::::} 96% HP

94% EN {:::::::::.} ~ 98% EN {::::::::::}
{:::::::::.} 94% EN ~ {:::::::::.} 93% EN

ARENA STATUS: Sandy rock-infested field with concrete wall - Still covered with a light cloud of Smog, about half of Keyest's igloo still remaining

*~*~*~*

R O U N D T W O B E G I N !

The smog is now light enough for the Pokémon to see each other, even if it still is a bit difficult to breathe. To make sure they are still able to evade attacks just as well, both the Arcanine and Espeon quickly create extra images of themselves, Kallias making *randomizer* four extra images and Lavanya making *randomizer* three. Both Pokémon will be hard to hit this round! Keyest, hearing its trainer's commands, is ready to break free of its icy prison. Its horn begins revolving at an incredible rate, having the power of a drill behind it. It slams its horn as hard as it can into the igloo, breaking it up into large chunks and blowing a few of them clear into the air. It gets very lucky: one of the ice chunks hits the real Navanya *randomizer, sorry*, singling it out, and two of them hit Kallias's clones, leaving it with two left. Ceel finishes the round with a stream of stars fired from its mouth, taking out one of its remaining clones and leaving it with only one left.

Ceel knows that its being targetted this round, so it quickly fades into invisibility to try and avoid the Arcanine's onslaught. Espeon cheers for Kallias, making it feel confident after losing most of its clones. It glows with faint yellow energy but doesn't know where to tackle... but it knows that Ceel is going for Navanya. So the Arcanine stays dead silent and listens... and guesses where the Houndour is, focusing its mind on its confidence from its partner and preparing to pounce... but, what is this? It can't lift its feet! It looks down to see them completely encased in ice... it looks at Keyest, the only possible culprit, who is grinning. Meanwhile, Ceel easily scores another Faint Attack hit on the Espeon.

Arcanine is a bit ruffled by its predicament, but it realizes that it is not much to worry about. Because Kallias is a Fire-type, it is naturally warmer than other Pokémon, so the ice will not be there for long. It is melting by the second. Lavanya, as ordered, once again cheers its partner on, and the Arcanine recieves the confidence with a happy bark once again. It waits before trying to attack this time, though, knowing that the longer it waits the better of a chance it has to break free of its quickly melting boots of ice. The Houndour, on the other hand, wastes no time in milking its type advantage. Keyest leaps at Lavanya once again, this time, biting down hard into the frail Espeon's shoulder, dark energy flowing freely through its fangs. Espeon tries to get away, but not until the Houndour decides to show mercy is Navanya freed from the grip. It pants, feeling a bit more lightheaded after such a painful attack, and lies down. Keyest has yet to move, however, because it is confused. It was told to use Waterfall to weaken Arcanine... but there's no waterfall around (check the Attack List, Waterfall is a waterborne Quick Attack)! It goes for the next best thing, knowing what its trainer had in mind, and showers it with a good Water Gun. Arcanine takes the hit, gritting its teeth... the water drips down its body and lands on the ice... taking its chances, it makes to ram the Houndour hard... and sure enough, it breaks free of the ice! Feeling immensely confident, it rams the Houndour as hard as it can, sending it flying once again. Arcanine's confidence begins to ebb away as the round ends.

*~*~*~*

P O S T - B A T T L E

POST-BATTLE CONDITIONS

Darkfire
jkBAKURA

Two
on
Two

:

Current Battlers

LAVANYA and KALLIAS
VS.
CEAL and KEYEST

77% HP {::::::::..} ~ 91% HP {::::::::::}
{::::::::..} 79% HP ~ {::::::::::} 96% HP

82% EN {::::::::..} ~ 93% EN {:::::::::.}
{:::::::::.} 88% EN ~ {:::::::::.} 92% EN

:

Next Round
Darkfire Attacks SecondjkBAKURA attacks First

ARENA STATUS: Sandy rock-infested field with concrete wall - Back to normal

jkBAKURA
16th February 2006, 03:32 PM
I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Keyest, with Espeon using Helping Hand, I want you to use Encore so she can't attack us for awhile. Unfortunately, that means Arcanine will be an issue, but only if he hears the encouragement.

Ceal, use a Howl to make sure he doesn't

I know it's a risk for Ceal, but we need a Rain Dance from you Keyest. Ceal's dark attacks will be what we need more of anyway.

I know you won't like it Ceal, so I'm asking you to use that, and use Frustration of Arcanine.

After that, Ceal, use protect, and I think you'll be glad you did.

Keyest, with the rain pouring, conjure up a Blizzard, and our opponents... huh, I have no witty pun at the moment, so I guess they'll just be very cold.

jkBAKURA
19th February 2006, 11:08 AM
*Boing*

Sorry to be bouncing, but these posts can be so ealsily forgotten.

Skye
22nd February 2006, 12:28 PM
It's not you guys, I'm just bogged down with work form approaching finals and getting everything ready for a show out of state that will last a week and a half to two weeks, I don't know which. During that time I also won't have access to the internet. Like with my other battle I'll try to get attacks up if possible, but I might have to forfit if I can't get at the battles more often. ._.; Sorry about this.

jkBAKURA
7th March 2006, 10:36 PM
Another nessicery bounce unfortunately. Just keeping the ref reminded

jkBAKURA
26th March 2006, 04:41 PM
OK, I've been more then patient, and my opponent hasn't posted for more then 2 weeks. If possible, I'm asking for a DQ

jkBAKURA
4th April 2006, 10:53 AM
It's been a while, so can I get a ref to officialy declare a DQ for Darkfire please?