PDA

View Full Version : Angels Of Justice?! Enemy Of Justice Discussion Thread [YGO - OCG]

Alucard
12th February 2006, 04:55 AM
So the set has been released, the cards are being translated and the scans for the artwork are starting to trickle in. GONDORA is going to buy an assload of packs as he always does (maybe full set?) and scan them for all to see. If he'll allow linking to them then I'll post here or I'll link to where they can been seen.

I must say I am pretty impressed with this set. It's not 100% translated and there's still things to be confirmed, but from what has been revealed (it's about 90/95% done) it's a really nice looking set. I'll edit this when Baron, Spikes/Ion or finishes translating (which should be today).

For those who have yet to see the translation file:

Enemy Of Justice (http://dmcomet.net/eoj.txt)

Yes, I did title the topic 'Angels Of Justice' because it's packed with Angel's, Angel support and some people might actually be brought into the topic because of the 'Angel' title.

EDIT:

So the set has been translated and 100% of the cards scanned:

Card Artwork (http://photobucket.com/albums/f304/shriek7/Enemy%20of%20Justice/)

Thanks to GONDORA for scanning the cards and to Shriek for putting them in an album.

EDIT 2: Since I have a little time, I'll type up my thoughts on some of the new set.

I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews about this set and it's artwork. I personally think the artwork is some of the best that's been released. It's sharp, striking and colorful. Just collecting the set for the artwork is understandable.

The set has made an Angel deck somewhat playable while adding some new control cards along with the possibility of a D-Hero deck.

I'm feeling really lazy and I really can't be bothered discussing the crapness that are D-Hero's. I find them to be piss poor and a waste of space along with E-Hero's. They bore me, they're not fun to play with and they just generally annoy me with crappy stats and shitty effects.

I can see myself building and playing with a bunch of new decks thanks to this set.

I won't review every card that I like the look of, I'll do 5 or so. So I'll skip over the first 10 cards and straight to Victory Viper XX03. It's just screaming out to be made into a funky Battleship deck. Piss poor stats for a level 4 card, but it's effects make up for that and it has a nifty little magic card in the form of Power Capsule.

As for the next card it has to be Harpy Pet Baby Dragon. It's yet another reason why I want Distressing Choice to be unbanned. Hysteric Party just begs for Distressing Choice to be used, as does Dandelion. I should imagine a Harpy deck to be pretty fun to run now.

With nice stats and a quirky little draw effect, Artemis of Harvest had to be mentioned because I can see speed-Vanda decks being made.

Using Super Electromagnetic Operating Voltic Dragon along with Compensation Of Blood giving a 3400 beatstick for a petty cost of the traps 500 cost is such an amusing thought to me.

I'm ignoring what a lot of people say because I still think E - Emergency Call is fantastic for E-Hero decks.
3 Emergency Call + 2 Calling Reinforcements = 5 SEARCH CARDS
There's also R - Right Justice which is pretty much a Tempest/Cyclone and O - Over Soul for revival.

Since I have to go in a few minutes I'll just speed type.

I'll say 2 things about Deification of Light and those 2 words are this: Metamorphosis anyone?

Guard Penalty being a quickplay screams out for the use of Enemy Controller.

I've save one of my favourite cards for last, and that card would be:

God Bird Attack
Trap - Normal
Sacrifice a Bird sub-type monster fron your field. Destroy 2 cards on the field.

I want to build a Bird deck just for this card. Does anybody else have favourites from this set? Any deck's you'll be building? Any new ideas? Any old skool deck types you'll be bringing back?

Discuss~

Perfect Chaos
5th March 2006, 04:15 PM
Only thing I can say is that the 6-star Lightning Gear is going to be restricted as soon as its released. Even with the fact that it'll be destroyed if it is Special Summoned, summoning a beatstick like that is just screaming to say "Hi, I'm a Cyber Dragon clone, but only stronger and I self-destruct"

I think Elemental Heroes are pretty cool, but like you said ATJ, just plain crappy and the Destiny Heroes are no better. Plus, who else thinks the E-Hero Phoenixguy is a huge waste of a card, considering its just like Elemental Hero Flame Wingman but its effect is that it can't be destroyed in Battle. I like the nifty new support for the Elemental Heroes though.

All in all, its a very disappointing set in my eyes, just like Shadow of Infinity, but that's because there isn't any new Fiend support, so bah.

-Sean

Nace
6th March 2006, 12:18 AM
Only thing I can say is that the 6-star Lightning Gear is going to be restricted as soon as its released. Even with the fact that it'll be destroyed if it is Special Summoned, summoning a beatstick like that is just screaming to say "Hi, I'm a Cyber Dragon clone, but only stronger and I self-destruct"

You misread it. It's normal summoned without a tribute, not special summoned ^_^

Alucard
6th March 2006, 12:33 PM
I'm quite happy with the set Perfect Chaos. Even though there's pretty much nothing that I can add to any of my decks, it brings a few old out-dated decks back up to speed. I'm sick of E-Hero cards. The new Starter decks have another ****ing E-Hero reprint just with some alt art.

From the next set I want some decent FIRE cards, Chimeratech Over Dragon, Asuka's Cyber Angel's or some of Kenzan's Dino cards.

EDIT: If only you guys knew what kind of deck i'm building at the moment lolz.

Perfect Chaos
6th March 2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind trying to build a decent FIRE/Pyro deck, but I'm right now concentrating on actually finishing my Necrofear and Dark World decks and then taking them to tourneys to see if I can get any top spots or just be a viable challenge to anyone.

I've heard of Chimeratech Over Dragon, but don't know what its effect is or stats.

-Sean

Alucard
7th March 2006, 04:20 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind trying to build a decent FIRE/Pyro deck, but I'm right now concentrating on actually finishing my Necrofear and Dark World decks and then taking them to tourneys to see if I can get any top spots or just be a viable challenge to anyone.

I've heard of Chimeratech Over Dragon, but don't know what its effect is or stats.

-Sean

Little bit of spoiler news. The next Structure deck (SD9) is rumoured to be Dino. It'll have 6 new cards (3 POD & 3 Strut?). Those 6 being some of Kenzan's Dino cards.

Chimeratech Over Dragon
9/Dark/Machine
4800/?
Effect
This card can only be Fusion Summoned if you have a [Cyber Dragon] on your Field and you sacrifice 2 or more Machine Sub-Type Monsters with it? This Monster can attack during the Battle Phase equal to the number of Monsters used to Special Summon this card.

- Janime for the card effect.