PDA

View Full Version : Preview: "Pokemon: The I Syndicate"

Blademaster
14th February 2006, 08:29 PM
Hey, everyone!

It's your favorite annoyance, Blademaster, here to offer you all a sneak peek at my new story!

That's right - I know I'm not as experienced as the veterans of TPMF, and my current story seems to be losing reviewers, but all of that is OK, because I've got a new story in the works that some of you have heard about and others have not but may still be interested in: a Pokemon fic the likes of which I guarantee you've never seen before! It'll be darker and more action-packed than most; I can assure you of that, but rather than bore you with the details, here's a little preview for all to see.

Ahem...

Many people, when asked what Pokemon was, would say that it's a simple, good-natured hobby - an entertaining sport for all ages that can build lifelong friendships...

(pans of Ash and Co.)

"Pikachu, I choose you!"

"Pikachu, Thundershock Attack!"

"We'll be pals forever!"

Many people would say that Pokemon isn't dangerous, nor are there any dark secrets behind the practice...

(pans of Gym and League Battles)

"Here's your Soul Badge - you've earned it."

"We did it - we won!"

"Pikachu, you're the best!"

Many people would think that the greatest threats in the world of Pokemon are the multitudes of villainous Teams - Rocket, Snagem, and many others - bent on using Pokemon for their own selfish gains, but with little success...

(pans of Team Rocket, Miror B., and several Shadow Pokemon)

"Prepare to fight!"

"Mewtwo, attack them now!"

"Let the music spin, boys!"

Many people are wrong...

(pans of man running through downtown in a thunderstorm, being pursued by a pair of black-clad assassins)

'I have to find M!' the disheveled man thought, hearing his pursuers' Houndooms gaining ground close behind him. 'If I don't get this data to him, then we won't stand a chance!'

(pan of a new trainer looking up at the sky)

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" her mother asked, walking up behind her daughter. "Your first Pokemon, I mean."

The girl shrugged.

"I guess." she replied uncertainly, glancing down at the strange, almost alien creature in front of her.

(pan of an older man in a black cloak walking past one of his cohorts - one of the assassins)

"That boy is nothing but trouble." he told his underling with a chuckle. "Oh, well... perhaps we can work this situation around to our advantage..."

(pan of the trainer bumping into a mysterious teen)

"My name is Linda, by the way." the girl said with a smile. "What's your name?"

"They call me 'M.'" the boy finally said, turning away.

(silence, then pan of 'M' jumping from an abandoned building; two seconds later, said building explodes, followed by pan of 'M' as seen through a sniper scope)

"We have to go to the police!" the boy cried out, panicking after hearing the news.

"The police can't help us!" 'M' replied.

(pan of 'M' on the back of a Pidgeot, flying towards the rising Sun)

"I didn't ask to be a part of this." 'M' told him.

"Well, I'm afraid it's too late for that..." his former benefactor replied.

(pan of Linda throwing a PokeBall, out of which bursts a Poliwrath)

"Use Hydro Pump!" she shouted.

"Use Hyper Beam!" 'M' shouted to his Pokemon.

(pan of the old man's face)

"What should we do about them?" he asked.

He paused, nearly heartbroken by his obvious and yet unavoidable choice.

"Kill them all."

'When the power of one just isn't enough...'

(pan of 'M' and the old man face-to-face)

"You know what sucks about being a good guy?" 'M' asked with a sarcastic smirk.

"Believe me, I do..." was the reply.

POKEMON: THE I SYNDICATE

Rated PG-13 and starting this weekend...

Read it if you dare.

-Blademaster

mr_pikachu
15th February 2006, 02:59 PM
Hmm, intriguing. It seems like M got caught up in more than he bargained for. Almost seems like a gang rivalry of sorts, what with M being targeted and all. It's obviously still kind of unclear what's going on, as all the information we have is in "sound byte" form, but it could be exciting. Hopefully a solid and innovative plotline will back up all this action.

And you're not an annoyance, at least as far as I know. Occasionally some threads just end up getting overlooked, no matter whose threads they are. I've had plenty of threads like that, so you certainly shouldn't feel like an outcast.

Blademaster
16th February 2006, 12:44 PM
I appreciate your kindness, MP. Now, let's see what we've got here...

(reads; chuckles)

mr_pikachu, inquisitive though you are, I'm afraid you're quite wrong.

The character called 'M' isn't just some kid that got caught up with a bad crowd caught in a gang conflict.

No, this story will run far deeper than that...

-Blademaster