PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Weapons (FFIII/VI)

Perfect Chaos
15th February 2006, 09:30 AM
Yeah, for Final Fantasy III/VI, what's everyone's ultimate weapon and/or equipment in general?

Thanks

-Sean

Number1ChanseyFan
15th February 2006, 12:52 PM
[color=magenta]Well, it has been a little while since I have played FF 3/6, but it is my favorite game of all time. I was considering starting it up again, but when I heard that it was going to be released on the GBA this year, I decided to wait until it is released. So anyways, I am a little bit rusty, but here is some of the stuff that I remember...

The Illumina is pretty much the best weapon around, you get it by transforming Ragnarok into a sword, and then betting it at the Colosseum.

You can turn the Cursed Shield into the powerful Paladin Shield by winning 255 battles while it is equipped. Make sure to equip the Ribbon Relic to cancel out most of the status effects from the Cursed Shield. The Paladin Shield also allows for you to learn Ultima, so if you have Ragnarok turned into a sword instead of being left as Magicite, you will still be able to learn Ultima.

The Snow Muffler can be equipped by Mog and Gau, and you get it by betting the Behemoth Suit (obtained by defeating SirBehemoth) at the Colosseum. It provides a lot of elemental defenses, and it makes the wearer almost immune to regular attacks.

Genji Glove plus Offering relics allow you to attack 8 times per turn, combined with the Quick Spell you can attack 16 times.

Gem Box Relic, (plus the Economizer, which reduces MP cost of all spells to 1 MP apiece, it isn't necessary, but certainly helpful, or even the Gold Hairpin, which cuts MP cost in half.) plus Quick and Ultima spells, it allows you to cast Ultima 5 times in one turn, which can pretty much destroy almost anything in one or two tries.

andyizcool
16th February 2006, 10:56 AM
The Illumina is pretty much the best weapon around, you get it by transforming Ragnarok into a sword, and then betting it at the Colosseum.

The only problem with taking the Ragnarok Sword is you miss out on the Ragnarok Esper that teaches you a rare Magic right?

Perfect Chaos
16th February 2006, 01:22 PM
The Paladin Shield also allows for you to learn Ultima, so if you have Ragnarok turned into a sword instead of being left as Magicite, you will still be able to learn Ultima.

There's your answer.

Anyways, thanks for the info ChanseyFan.

I know it seems to a bit much to ask (since there's 14 characters in the whole game), but anyone knows what each character's best weapon/equipment is? Because while ChanseyFan gave me the best weapons/equipment in the game, in general, most of them are have 1 of them available in the game.

-sean

Hatake Kakashi
16th March 2006, 08:26 PM
DO NOT get the Ragnarok Esper. It teaches you an unfocused Ultima. The Paladin shield doesn't hurt you with the Ultima you learn. Ragnaroks does.

Number1ChanseyFan
1st May 2006, 02:28 PM
DO NOT get the Ragnarok Esper. It teaches you an unfocused Ultima. The Paladin shield doesn't hurt you with the Ultima you learn. Ragnaroks does.
[color=magenta]Eh, that never happened in my FF3/6 game, there was only one type of Ultima, there wasn't an unfocused Ultima, the Ragnarok Esper and the Paladin Shield both taught the same Ultima... I think the only unfocused spells learned from Espers were Merton, (which was quite fun when everybody had Fire Shields!!) Quake, and W.Wind.

Anyways, I know this topic is kinda old, but it was still on the front page, and I just wanted to show everybody a page that has some FF6 Advance news and a few pics. http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/finalfantasyviadvance/index.html

I hope that they do a great job on this game, I can't wait for it to be released, FF6 is definitely my favorite game!! ^_^

PNT510
1st May 2006, 04:07 PM
[b]I can't wait for FFVI(and V) to be released on GBA. I had only played a ROM of it before so it will be nice to finally have a physical copy.

Hatake Kakashi
2nd May 2006, 12:24 AM
It's a really good game, Pants. And it's definetly worth its' original price of something like $60-80(this was long before prices were pretty much standardized at 60, then 50. Now 60 again thanks to the 360)

Perfect Chaos
3rd May 2006, 06:56 PM
I swear, I think there should've been a code (not Gameshark or anything) that let the player use General Leo as a character for the story. I think

Ultimate Party: Terra, Edgar, Sabin, General Leo

X)

-Sean

Number1ChanseyFan
27th November 2006, 09:12 AM
Sorry for bumping up an old topic, but I just wanted to let everybody know that Final Fantasy VI Advance finally has a US Release Date, February 5, 2007. It will be out in Japan in a few days, on November 30. I can't wait!! My favorite game is going to be coming out again better than ever!!

Apparently, there is going to be a new dungeon, like with all of the other FF Advance remakes. Also, it seems like there are a few news Espers, such as Leviathan, Gilgamesh, and Cactaur, as well as some new magical spells. You could probably find out more info online on some FFVI Advance forums, but I don't want to ruin too much of the surprise for myself.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
30th November 2006, 09:27 AM
It's out in Japan now ;_; I wish I could understand more Japanese ;_;
I loved FF6 when I got it (the PS version in Anthology, because I'm not exactly old enough to remember the SNES), and I will probably love it again when I get it. Although I don't think I collected a lot of ultimate weapons... I was playing it for the story.
I'd like to see that sword collector as an esper... especially after leveling up way too much to beat him in FFXII...

EngiMatikul
30th November 2006, 10:09 PM
HOMG THEY'RE GONNA REMAKE FFIII/VI?!?!?? TIME TO BUY A DS!!!!

EDIT: Oh its on GBA? YES I DON'T EVEN NEED TO BUY A NEW CONSOLE!!!