PDA

View Full Version : [GAME] Axis Mundi: Round Five!

Weasel Overlord
16th February 2006, 04:00 PM
The rules, and the prescribed required reading of this game, can be found here (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/axismundi.htm). This is my choice of Random Number Generator (http://www.mdani.demon.co.uk/para/random.htm). Mod approved by Zak!

General Rules

1. Do not excessively spam in this topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game or they will die instantly.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.

Alive

Ace64
Chris Watarimono
Dark-San
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
Green Lanturn
Heald
Magmar
Plantae
The Arbiter
TheBlueAvenger
Vulpix.ck87
Yero Thropp
Zcade0

Dead

Heald - Shaman
Chris Watarimono - Elder
Ace64 - Elder
Yero Thropp - Oracle
Dark-San - Theurge
Vulpix.ck87 - High Elder
Zcade0 - Guardian spirit
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Vigilante
Magmar - Elder

Roles Alive
Elder x0
Shifter x4
Guardian Spirit
Oracle
High Elder
Shaman
Vigilante
Theurge

[color=#5f9ea0]Dawn

"The spirits are restless!" The High Elder's voice seemed boundless, grounded and amplified by that of Gaea, nature mother. He scanned his surrounding elders, and the other respected village members. His eyes watched them ferociously, for any quiver, for any movement that might indicate their nature that was free from her will.

"We will show them their place, that they are to be trees if they are trees! Wolves must be wolves! There is no tame in nature, and wild is abound, but Gaea does not like those that try to break free of the natural order!"

"Hail!" It was the unanimous cry of a united village. But, it was no less than subtle that a few yelled a little more meekly than their comrades.

As the dawn broke across the hills, and over the treetops, it did its best to penetrate the canopy. However, it seemed that only darkness could reside on the forest floor. Here, where the animal spirits truly communed, watching and waiting, and seeking their chance for freedom. There was no one to trust when anyone could be anyone. Wolf or man? Shifter.

"To whatever end," was the unspoken cry of the shaman's people. They would search, but could they eradicate the beast most in its element in the wild?

End

The current date/time is:. [size=4]Shifter Victory!!

...Be sure to check out the new rules! (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/axismundi.htm)

Vulpix.ck87
16th February 2006, 05:02 PM
Waaha! *jigs drunkenly through the door*

I vote for Plantae, cos he's my favourite. :p

Another fun round of axis mundi begins!

Plantae
16th February 2006, 05:07 PM
Well, at least it was not in malice. You're my favorite too, Carlene, so I will not hold any hard feelings- but I think I will be a little more sensible and remain neutral for now.

Vulpix.ck87
16th February 2006, 05:08 PM
Hee hee, right you are Jobey boy ^^

Ace64
16th February 2006, 05:09 PM
Huh. That's gotta be the first time I didn't see a retaliation vote. Cool.

I'm neutral, for now, until something grabs my attention.

Heald
16th February 2006, 06:00 PM
Neutral

The Blue Avenger
16th February 2006, 06:27 PM
I'll call a neutral too.

Chris Watarimono
16th February 2006, 06:37 PM
*Rofl at Vulpix*

Keh heh. But...why human three times in a row...;_;

But with that aside...no vote.

-Chris R.

Greyfox
16th February 2006, 06:56 PM
It's rather dangerous to vote so early; I'm going neutral.

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype]-Grey

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
16th February 2006, 08:53 PM
I wonder which dusk/dawn I'll be killed in this time.
Neutral

Mega Horny
16th February 2006, 09:06 PM
Sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if i could still join at this point...

sorry :p

Zcade0
16th February 2006, 09:28 PM
Lets see, who shall my random vote be for *uses the random # generator in irst post* Dark-San I got a 3, u were 3rd on the list. Bye!

Plantae
16th February 2006, 10:01 PM
Sorry, Mega Horny; I am sure, however, that Weasel Overlord would be glad to add you to the list for next game.

Dark-San
16th February 2006, 10:12 PM
[b][size=3] No vote, didn't know there are changes to the rules. I've no time at the moment, will check them out later in the day.

Magmar
16th February 2006, 11:39 PM
I'm going to remain neutral for this round.

Weasel Overlord
17th February 2006, 04:53 AM
Megay Horny: I shall add you to the list for next round! Good to see more players wantin' in! ^^
For now, we're waiting for two more votes, so Dawn will either end when they are in, or at 4:00PM CST (10pm England time, once again)

Green Lanturn
17th February 2006, 06:31 AM
No need to wait up W.O., seeing as there are no doom votes in the first dawn anyway.

But, in any case, we have two random votes out on the floor, I dont think ill mess with either of them for now.

I remain neutral.

~GL

Weasel Overlord
17th February 2006, 04:26 PM
A veil of darkness flows over the gathered Elders and villagers as Dusk draws in, an ominous wind heralding events to come.

Let Dusk I begin!

As clarification, the new role of Theurge has been added, and some of the old roles have been altered slightly, namely in the way of percentages, or in the case of some shifters, complete removal. This was to make the game fairer towards the human side, which was felt to be disadvantaged.

Magmar
17th February 2006, 04:56 PM
*psst* Weasel! Tack a mod approval onto the beginning of the thread! :)

Weasel Overlord
17th February 2006, 06:03 PM
[color=thistle]oh, bugger! Thanks Maggymar!

Mega Horny
17th February 2006, 07:00 PM
sorry im lost... when do i come in?

The Blue Avenger
17th February 2006, 07:01 PM
You come in after this game is over and the next one starts up.

Mega Horny
17th February 2006, 07:04 PM
Oh ok. Oo and congrats for all the Pokemon Contests!

Magmar
17th February 2006, 07:42 PM
Mega Horny,

Feel free to follow along with this game, but don't reply in the thread because we generally discourage non-participatory spam. Just watch how we play and learn our techniques, what each person does to get accused or to sneak out of an accusation, etc. ^_^ When the host decides when the next round will begin, there will be a post in this thread stating date and time (usually there is a 1-3 day break between rounds). Also, within an hour or so before the round begins, you will receive a private message indicating your role. Shifters will know who the other shifters are; Elders and special roles are unaware of anybody else's identity. For all other rules, see the end of the beginning post of this thread. There should be a link to Plantae's webpage. The rules may confuse you a bit, but if you follow along with the game as we play it, you'll understand how the functions really play out in the game.

(Plantae's out for the night, so I explained it as best as I could.)

Plantae
18th February 2006, 03:48 PM
Thank you kindly Magmar. That explanation will do just fine.

Weasel Overlord
18th February 2006, 05:06 PM
[color=thistle]Why thank you, Plantae and Magmar! Um Mega Horny...what they said!

For now, however, the rains of the night wash away the danger, but not quite all of the blood, as the villagers awake to find

Heald - Shaman

deader than the metaphorical doornail...

Let Dawn II begin!

Magmar
18th February 2006, 09:07 PM
*Rofl at Vulpix*

Keh heh. But...why human three times in a row...;_;

But with that aside...no vote.

-Chris R.

Dawn II has arrived, and it's time to start throwing suspicions.

Chris Wataramino has aroused my suspects with that post. If one is a Shifter, they would probably do something like that. If Chris is human, then that was a very poor strategy. So Chris gets my vote for Dawn II.

Greyfox
18th February 2006, 09:12 PM
I agree with Magmar; Chris Watarimono is likely trying to convince us that he's a human by means of casual conversation.

Ace64
18th February 2006, 09:36 PM
Strange. After Dark-San doing the same thing last game, you think we'd want to avoid that strategy....then again, Dark-San turned out to be telling the truth, right?

Chris Watarimono gets the vote.

The Blue Avenger
18th February 2006, 10:01 PM
That was a suspicious thing to say. In liu of anything better, I'll vote Chris Watarimono.

Magmar
18th February 2006, 10:23 PM
Amazing how fast the bandwagon votes rallied up!

Sorry Chris, for mangling your name. Now I know how to spell it. Vote remains unchanged.

Yero Thropp
18th February 2006, 10:41 PM
Though it's only second round, we do need to start making accusations... and I do believe that voting Chris W is a decently fair vote.

Dark-San
18th February 2006, 11:11 PM
[b][size=3]He might be lying but I will stay neutral for now to see how things develop.

Green Lanturn
18th February 2006, 11:23 PM
Well, it would be pointless to vote for anyone else, seeing as how the bandwagon has been filled to the point where it would be pointless to vote otherwise.

Sorry Chris.

Chris Watarimono.

~GL

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
19th February 2006, 12:20 AM
Oy oy... >_>;
Neutral... too lazy to think

Plantae
19th February 2006, 03:00 AM
I can see truth in what Magmar says. I will also vote for Chris Watarimono, whether that be for weal or woe.

Heald
19th February 2006, 04:57 AM
Hold on, this is complete bullshit. I've been killed off first twice in a row (excluding when I was a Shifter). Please do not let personal vendettas cloud judgement for your choice kills you pricks.

- Heald

Magmar
19th February 2006, 09:37 AM
I was killed off first last round.

Heald
19th February 2006, 10:54 AM
I was a Shifter last round.

Weasel Overlord
19th February 2006, 11:54 AM
[color=thistle]Heald, please pay attention to the rules. Dead people keep their comments to a minimum please. Also, I don't appreciate you using such insulting language, think of this as a warning.

For now, however, nine votes against one person and I don't see the point in continuing Dawn any further.

Tha pale mists of night roll over the dead body of

Chris Watarimono - Elder

and the villagers quake in fear. Another of their own dead...this time by their own hands.

And with the coming of Dusk II wolves howl in the distance, the ominous sound heralding in the night.

Ace64
19th February 2006, 02:14 PM
Man, that is bad luck. Sorry Chris...it may have been a good reason, but it's too bad you turned out to be one of the good guys. Probably should have gave you a chance to defend yourself..
As if that wasn't bad enough...it's second Dusk, which means now we have to worry about turncoat High Elders...oosh.

Heald
19th February 2006, 03:25 PM
[color=thistle]Also, I don't appreciate you using such insulting language, think of this as a warning.Filter's there for a reason bub. Use it or lose it.

Also, 'to a minimum' doesn't mean 'none at all', otherwise the rule would be 'dead people aren't allowed to post'. I didn't write them.

Magmar
19th February 2006, 03:29 PM
Heald, bro, don't be a sore loser. We have never had an issue come up in this game before, and I've died first more than once. Your life will move on. In fact, now that you're dead, you should still observe and give suspicions to your living comrades. I did that last round--and lo and behold, I was right, and provided some beneficial assistance.

Modified by Weasel's permission: no vote in this post, due to Dusk.

Heald
19th February 2006, 03:32 PM
Heald, bro, don't be a sore loser. We have never had an issue come up in this game before, and I've died first more than once. Your life will move on. In fact, now that you're dead, you should still observe and give suspicions to your living comrades. I did that last round--and lo and behold, I was right, and provided some beneficial assistance. And weren't you one of the ones who told ME to shut up last round?
1) No, I didn't tell you to shut up last round.
2) Fine, I'll let it slip this time, although it would be nice to go one game as a human without being the first to be killed.
3) Last round, you were warned for being a hint-giving corpse. I am avoiding that mistake.

Magmar
19th February 2006, 03:35 PM
You're right, you didn't tell me to shut up last round--I looked back, saw the mistake, was modifying the post and you posted at the same time. Weasel had given me permission to modify.

Go ahead and be a hint-giving corpse, but do it over PM's with other people who you know are human. It's what the rest of us do. Honestly, give it a rest. "I'll let it slide this one time." If I'm a shifter next round and I kill you first, are you going to come to my house and try to take me over it? Calm down man, it's only a game, no hard feelings. Now truce.

Heald
19th February 2006, 03:48 PM
It's what the rest of us do. Honestly, give it a rest. "I'll let it slide this one time." If I'm a shifter next round and I kill you first, are you going to come to my house and try to take me over it? Calm down man, it's only a game, no hard feelings. Now truce.You have a point. By 'letting it slide' I'll assume that they weren't doing it on purpose. I was only making the point that so far I haven't once been allowed to actually play the game as a human. I say Neutral, bam, dead. Gee, what a fun game, lets do it again.

Chris Watarimono
19th February 2006, 10:29 PM
I come back and I find out I'm dead? O_O; Gee, you guys sure have a nasty tendicy to assume the worst with just words.

Ah well, I'll just stick around and wait for the next round. Or not.

-Chris R.

Weasel Overlord
20th February 2006, 03:11 AM
[color=thistle]A mystical chant heralds the coming of this fair dawn, and more than a few people are glad of their safety.

It is not until the body of

Ace64 - Elder

is found, drained of blood but with a mystical aura about him that the villagers suspect something odd is afoot. It seems that the Theurge picked the wrong culprit...Ace was only human, after all...not enough to save him from the shifters, who, once again, reign supreme over the bloody dusk.

Let Dawn III begin!

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
20th February 2006, 06:54 AM
I repeat: Oy, oy >_> dontcha all know bandwagoning is hazardous to human health?
I seriously don't know who to point fingers at, so I'll vote for Jou-kun. Just in case ^^ Please don't jump on this bandwagon unless you know what you're doing.
Plantae

Dark-San
20th February 2006, 07:19 AM
[b][size=3] I don't think Plantae had anything to do with the shifters. I would go for Magmar. His first vote against Chris was wrong to begin with and Chris turns out to be an innocent elder.

So hence for this dawn, my vote goes against him.

Ace64
20th February 2006, 07:39 AM
Well, that sucks. Killed by the new role. Guess I shouldn't talk so much?I'm not sure what I said that made me susceptible of being a Shifter, but...oh well. C'est la vie.

I think I have an idea who a few of the Shifters are, but seeing as how I don't know who the good guys are, I won't speak aloud. Unless this turns around quick, this game won't be too long, anyway.

*flies on to afterlife*

Weasel Overlord
20th February 2006, 11:19 AM
[color=thistle]For some clarification, Ace, you weren't killed by the Theurge, you were killed by the shifters. It just so happens that all the shifters and the Theurge voted for you.

Humans cannot be killed by the Theurge's ability!

Magmar
20th February 2006, 11:56 AM
My vote for Dawn III goes to Plantae, and with good reason. I apologize for my screw-up with Chris, but most of you followed suit for the same reasons.

The Blue Avenger
20th February 2006, 12:39 PM
My vote for Dawn III goes to Plantae, and with good reason. I apologize for my screw-up with Chris, but most of you followed suit for the same reasons.

I can see the logic behind voting you, but I'm curious as to what your good reason is.

For now, I'm staying neutral.

Yero Thropp
20th February 2006, 12:58 PM
Sorry for jumping on the bandwagon last round, Chris.

I keep seeing people say they have feelings for voting out Plantae... but nobody is giving their reasons. It sounds like they DON'T have reason, and they are trying to vote out random people (not shifters.)

In that respect, I will vote for Magmar.

Vulpix.ck87
20th February 2006, 01:22 PM
One of two people lied to me about their role, and i know who i'd rather keep in the game as an ally, even if i don't know who lied. Therefore, my vote is for magmar.

Greyfox
20th February 2006, 02:20 PM
Mistakes are likely to happen; we can't go around distrusting everyone for their slip-ups... that's what got Chris Watarimono dead. I'll remain neutral in the meantime.

Magmar
20th February 2006, 04:00 PM
Reasonings do change, you know... and for even better reason, suspecting someone of having an identity preventing what should have been done previously.

Emotional Faun Chiko-Sai it is. TBA, I'll IM you.

Magmar
20th February 2006, 04:56 PM
Alas... times are confusing... VERY confusing... and being preoccupied with other things has made my workload quite overwhelming... but conference is a powerful tool.

I'm changing my vote, for the third and final time. to Yero Thropp. I feel that clever analysis and fostered relationships with other members is vital to surviving this game, and sometimes, process of elimination, although vague, can have a very powerful purpose. My vote sticks with Yero Thropp.

Plantae
20th February 2006, 05:04 PM
My vote rests in the same direction, I however, have several reasons.

1. Yero Thropp did not vote on Dawn I.
2. Yero Thropp voted for Chris Watarimono on Dawn II, who is a human.
3. Yero Thropp voted for Magmar, the target of most of the votes today.

All this quiet behaviour, just sliding through the dawns, seems to me characteristic of a shifter. Or, at least what I have seen them often do as a host.

So, yes, Yero Thropp receives my vote for this Dawn.

Vulpix.ck87
20th February 2006, 05:40 PM
The last two votes have given me alot to think about, and yet I can not say I have any evidence against Yero Thropp. I will merely change my vote to neutral.

Weasel Overlord
20th February 2006, 06:00 PM
[color=thistle]With the end of Dawn III, the dead body of

Yero Thropp - Oracle

litters the ground, bloody from his lynching by the furious mob as the veil of night shadows the air.

Let Dusk III begin!

Magmar
20th February 2006, 06:07 PM
...son of a...

Vulpix.ck87
20th February 2006, 06:19 PM
Sometimes you wish you'd never changed a thing.. :(

Magmar
20th February 2006, 06:43 PM
Yero, man, I'm sorry -_-;... process of elimination, my foot.

Ace64
20th February 2006, 07:15 PM
{DEAD}Ah, thanks for clearing that up, WO. It was a little hard for me to understand, and when I checked the rules, it didn't say whether or not a bad vote by Theurge would be fatal or not.Still, even though I was eliminated early, I can still help out..

Hmmm...from my nice, cozy seat in the afterlife, I can tell that there's a lot of chatter going on behind the scenes...Interesting.

Weasel Overlord
21st February 2006, 04:56 AM
[color=thistle]And Dusk III ends...

This time, two bodies are found, one of them surrounded by mystical lights; that of

Vulpix.ck87 - High Elder

lies in death with a beatific smile upon her face, as if viewing a light from beyond death that outshines the sunlight shining from the clouds.

However, the body of

Dark-san - Theurge

is not so lucky. Torn flesh scatters the ground, blood soaking down into the soil. The shifters have struck again.

And so ends Dusk III. Bring on Dawn IV...

Dark-San
21st February 2006, 05:53 AM
[b][size=3] Okay, so vulpix got enlightened by me. May you enjoyed your stay in heaven while I had to die horribly under the hands of the remaining shifters. Good luck to the remaining humans, it would be tough to overcome the present odds now.

Magmar
21st February 2006, 06:07 AM
I should have listened to my heart.

Plantae has to go.

Green Lanturn
21st February 2006, 06:12 AM
I think it is time to weed out the most obvious shifter of the pack.

My vote is for Magmar.

Lets take a look at the facts~

~Magmar started the initial vote for Chris Watarimono, and elder
~Last round, he kept changing his vote, voting for the people least likely to be shifters, to the point where he knocked off our Oracle.
~In fact, had he and several others(wink) not changed their vote, Magmar would have died.
~Dark-san, who is now dead, voted for magmar in the last round.
~Vulpix.ck87, who initially voted for magmar last round, suddenly changed his vote when magmar changed his. And then Vulpix.ck87 apparently turned out back, being purified by the theurge.

Im sorry, but the evidence is overwhelming if the humans are planning on killing at least 1 shifter.

As I said, I vote for Magmar.

~GL

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
21st February 2006, 07:08 AM
Plantae

I don't need to justify my vote this time ^_^

Vulpix.ck87
21st February 2006, 08:56 AM
*floats by on a sea of bliss* ahhh... :biggrin:

p.s. I KNOW ALL! But i do not believe in Pming/posting my deathly acquired knowledge to living players, as I believe that is classed as CHEATING. Have fun figuring it out guys.

The Blue Avenger
21st February 2006, 08:57 AM
Hmmm... The only justification I could see for Plantae is that he voted for Chris and Yero Thropp. However, Magmar did the same, but not only did he do that whole crazy-mad-switching-votes thing, he also started the bandwagon for Chris. I'm more inclined to believe that he's the Shifter.

Magmar

Vulpix.ck87
21st February 2006, 09:02 AM
hrmm, when does this end anyway? The shifters already outnumber the humans..

Weasel Overlord
21st February 2006, 09:02 AM
[color=thistle]The sky turns blood red as the rest of the villagers are ripped apart by the shifters, now able to show their true forms as they outnumber the remaining humans.

The bodies of

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Vigilante
Magmar - Elder
Zcade0 - Guardian Spirit

are no longer whole to greet the night, and the four shifters, their ranks unbroken, howl their victory to the skies.

Plantae - Fox
Green Lanturn - Spider
The Arbiter - Otter
TheBlueAvenger - Weasel

The odd menagerie of animals perform the obligatory dancing upon corpses, and this round is once again, a Shifter Victory!
...sorry for not noticing the figures earlier, dudes...^^;;

But anyway. Now that the game is over, I am opening this thread for discussion on how the game can be either improved or changed. Also, ideas for different versions, roles etc. will be welcomed!

Well done to the Shifters for being so unbelivably shifty! ^^

Heald
21st February 2006, 09:09 AM
I have sorted out my qualms with the Shifters and it was indeed an honest mistake. Naturally, because I had been knocked off first twice in a row, I assumed that a certain Shifter was just aiming for me for some reason.

Anyway, I was Shaman once again, and the Hex, TBPH, is a bit weedy. Considering it only works one in four goes on average, and we barely get four dawns, the hex should be at least 33.3% chance of succeeding. Yes, I know I didn't use the Hex this time, but I didn't know who to use it against and, TBPH, for all the good it has done me in the past, it wasn't worth writing a PM. Turned out I could have saved myself this time, but chose not to.

Also, I apologise for calling the Shifter pricks.

Magmar
21st February 2006, 09:12 AM
Idea: Barry no talkie to other people no more. We should've nailed Plantae while we could. No harsh feelings towards you, Plantae, but I already knew from the end of Dawn III. Sad to say that I had to lie to Green Lanturn to discover his identity ^_^;; But as for The Arbiter and TBA, I suspected you all as well. I wish I went with you first rather than Yero Thropp.

The Blue Avenger
21st February 2006, 09:17 AM
It's just as well, I never got to use my ability anyway. Zcade never protected anyone...

Vulpix.ck87
21st February 2006, 09:19 AM
Wow, quick response O_o I could ponder whether i personally won or lost in this game, im not even sure which side i was on.. but im too overwhelmed in lovelyness to care *eternally enlightened*

As for the next game.. i think we should have some kind of messenger, unkillable, you can Pm him and he will anonymously pass on your Pms to another player. Then they could reply to the messenger who would pass them back to the anonymous you. Or something. That or some sort of wench..

Oh, and is plantae back to hosting the next one? Cos he's too much of a sneaky b*stard to be allowed to play, in my opinion :P

Weasel Overlord
21st February 2006, 09:24 AM
[color=thistle]He is hosting the next one! I finally get to play again! ^^

I reckon we should take Zcade off the list too, he didn't even show up at all! ><

The idea of a messenger sounds interesting...it might take some working out, but I'm sure it's do-able...

As for the Shaman ability, it was weakened slightly to compensate for the strengh of the Theurge, which evened out the shifter/human imbalance. The power of the Theurge will probably be weakened though, possibly to only every other dusk for purification, or maybe once per game. *shrugs* Although that might allow for the Shaman to be strengthened again...who knows!?

Vulpix.ck87
21st February 2006, 09:34 AM
I thought the theurge only got one successful purification in the game anyways? In any case, i think that's the way it should be. We've already got one player who can kill every second dusk.. I agree with Heald about the Shaman thing.

Ace64
21st February 2006, 10:25 AM
Wow, I had you Shifter guys pretty much marked. Too bad I was too...dead to do anything about it. And Zcade0 should be removed- we could have used a Guardian Spirit badly this game, but he only showed up once for his obligatory random vote. I guess Mega Horny takes his place.

Plantae did real goood. I can tell, and I was dead for most of the game. Pretty sneaky, and I wasn't aware of how much can go in PM's behind the scenes. Kind of an eye-opener. I don't know if PM's would be considered cheating- the Shifters are allowed to confer with each other, what's wrong with Elders doing it? This is- what, the third straight win for Shifters?

I like the Theurge role, even though it didn't get much of a chance to shine this round, despite lasting the whole game. Limiting its ability to every second dusk might weaken it quite a bit. Like Heald said, the chances of the Theurge lasting that long is iffy, even if it's power has a better chance of working.

Magmar
21st February 2006, 11:00 AM
The whole thing is we gotta try to figure out who our fellow Elders are... if we already know who's who, it leaves victory too easy for the humans.

Mega Horny
21st February 2006, 01:55 PM
sorry to spam but i believe someone mentioned a new round? I looked for the thread but couldn't find it, perhaps im wrong.

sorry :/

Green Lanturn
21st February 2006, 01:58 PM
PM's and instant messaging had a lot to do with this game, and it does play a major part.

Magmar, as to you lying to me to figure out my identity, I already knew what you were. Myself and Plantae were talking at the time, so we decided to have a little fun. By that time, we pretty much had the game in the bag so it didnt matter if you discovered I was a shifter. Plantae and I, mainly plantae, figured out what everyone was, so your "High Elder" bit gave us a laugh, no offense, but figured id clear it up,lol.

Myself, The Arbiter, and TheBlueAvenger really flew low this game.

Victory yet again for the shifters, Huzzah!

As for the game-play itself, I feel that the role of the theurge did even up the game.

~GL

And Mega Horny, the new game wont begin for a couple of days, inwhich by that time Plantae will send out the roles as well as set up the new thread. Dont worry, you've been added to the players list. You wont be forgotten, but you'll know when the new game starts when you receive the instant message with your role.

Magmar
21st February 2006, 03:14 PM
Hahaha @ Green Lanturn. I figured as much. stupid Smart Plantae!

Greyfox
21st February 2006, 03:32 PM
I was a shifter? Wow! You guys were sneaky!

[color=#666666][b][i][font=Palatino Linotype]-Grey[color]

Plantae
21st February 2006, 03:55 PM
I had the suspicion that you knew my identity by the end of Dawn III, Magmar. I was, suffice to say, amused that I even managed to swindle you in the first place. I would have had to do much less of that, though, if Ace64 had not been an Elder. That threw a wrench into the mechanisms of a scheming shifter, it did.

It was becoming plenty obvious in the end, and though we did not quite make it out with flawless victory... I was satisfied.

From the player's perspective I have learned that most of the roles are balanced. I had already noted the issue with the Shaman, and seeing the power of the Theurge in action has changed my opinions on whether or not it sufficed. I can say that I was paranoid about being purified the whole game.

My opinion is leaning towards skill being the determining factor in this game. In any case, it is likely that the Shaman and Theurge will receive changes. I do want to create a new variant (if only to keep myself amused) so you can expect these rules to be put away for a bit.

A post will follow this tomorrow. As it is, I have a slew of work and a short time to do it.

Zcade0
21st February 2006, 03:56 PM
srry, my browser said there were no new posts, I didn't even know that the ame was still going on! stupid internet... btw, I am thinking up a special round when I get to host again (with a helper, last time I screwed it all up, srry again) that is gona be very strange. Axis Mundi: Mage eddition. Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Yero Thropp
21st February 2006, 08:02 PM
Interesting, Zcade, I'm looking forward to it.

By the way, all, I blame myself completely for the human's loss. This was a bad week for me; I had two mid-term exams, and I was hosting high schoolers in my room over the weekend. Plus my gf was sick, so I stayed some nights taking care of her. I never got to use my Oracle ability at all.

Ace64
21st February 2006, 08:08 PM
I'm honored to have been the metaphorical "thorn" in your side Plantae. Skill's got a lot to do with it, and it's something you're not lacking in, that much I can tell. Even though we lost, I still feel that this was a good round, simply because of all the manipulation going on.

And no need to blame yourself Yero- no I in team, and such. Oracle would have helped, but it couldn't have pulled all the slack in this round. Always next time.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
21st February 2006, 09:29 PM
The problem is, humans are always never trusting, unlike me. Evil Jou-kun!! I had been wanting to kill you, just in case, on Dusk II, because you looked evil to me, but I missed my vote. Btw, you need to stop writing pms in such a 'desperate' way, it really, really makes me suspicious.
On the other hand Magmar also sounded really desperate (now I took this the wrong way.. I thought he and Jou-kun were working in tandem like Dark and Vulps last game ><) so I voted him on Dusk IV. sorry~! In the end Weasel-tan miscounted humans and shifters so it didn't matter.. T_T
I find that the Theurge is like the human version of the original Weasel shifter ability. In that respect it's not fair to Shifters, but as the humans are usually divided among opinions as to who's a Shifter and who's not, I guess it evens out, and especially if the shifters are being very evil and manipulative that round, the Theurge ability can be turned against humans. I didn't actually know that if the Theurge 'purifies' humans he'd also KILL the mistakenly purified humans...
Maybe you could do a Jungle Edition... where the Shifters are changed to animals like Tiger... Dhole (aka jungle version of Wolf)... Alligator... I dunno... just for variety. Animals from temperate forests are getting a bit boring. But that's just a minor gripe.

Vulpix.ck87
22nd February 2006, 03:32 AM
We need the medieval peasant version complete with donkey shifters ^^ Hoorah!

Heh heh emo-faun, just for referance, the theurge can't kill humans with purifications, just shifters, or (cough cough) high elders who may have gone a bit planty.. :rolleyes:

Dark-San
22nd February 2006, 07:44 AM
[b][size=3] When is the next game starting?

IMO, the current game is considered okay. Hey well take a look at the past 2 games when the high elder becomes corrupted and the shifters' number increase. Hence the new role is pretty okay except that maybe Plantae would have to deal with the percentage. Perhaps bringing it down by 10%.

Anyway Vulpix, I was wondering why would my purification works on the high elder. Have you actually overcome by the dark side at the dusk when I send my vote?

Plantae
22nd February 2006, 08:35 AM
When the High Elder turns, the player is considered a shifter for all purposes (with the exception of the shifter's dusk vote).

Vulpix.ck87
22nd February 2006, 08:37 AM
I turned the last dusk and, ironically, that's when you chose me to purify me >< If i hadn't turned evil i'd have still been alive. Stupid karma..

Plantae
22nd February 2006, 06:55 PM
I will be making a variant of Axis Mundi for the next round. I have added a poll to this thread with a bevy of options to choose from. Please vote as quickly as possible, as I have the intention of working on the variant this weekend and having the next round ready by early next week.

Here is a brief teaser and further descriptions of each option. The details of each may change if the variant is actually chosen.

Medieval - Knights in shining armor, kings, queens, priests, and scholars. The deadliest of enemies are the foes of the crown, the deft spys and mercenaries who wish to topple the kingdom through treachery. Servants and nobles alike fight to end the operation of the traitors lurking just behind the faces of the most prominent members of the court. Restore honor to the land.

Swords and Sorcery - Wizards fling mighty spells and warriors dance deftly with blades the extension of their arms. Tap into magic and the power of long lost tomes, search in an effort to avert the catastrophe of a vicious villain and his infiltrating cohorts. Strange creatures and crafty humanoids abound.

Future Tech - The year is somewhere in the far future where laser blasters and technology rule. What can threaten such a society but the invasion of an alien race, mysterious and weird, and most certainly hostile; they pose as humans, but how long can they and their mothership remain hidden within a society unfamiliar to them?

Oriental - The power is ki and the touch of the primal elements of nature. Each step is light as a feather, but the keenest monks sting like a bee. The Emperor's life is in danger by ronin, wandering and turned samurai with little purpose except bring war to the peaceful provinces of this Asian-esque land. Meditate, focus- uncover those who have fallen from grace.

Criminal Underworld - Gangs, guilds, rival factions war against one another. Shady dealings are the brunt of every part of this world, where everyone has a gun, and knows how to use it. One side or another... it hardly matters in the effort, for the bowels of this city will never be clean.

The Afterlife - The lure of immortality is always the strongest in the race of men. Necromancy and foul vampires wreak havoc on the unsuspecting and breathing populace. Not a soul will lie in peace until the creatures of the night rest in that, stakes through their hearts. Quoth the raven "nevermore," and it will be should the abominations of the grave not return there. *This variant may include a number of rules that allow dead players further participation in the game.

Witch Trials - The place is a Puritan hamlet just established in the "new world." They thought to escape their more conservative religious brethren in Europe, but here they face a new threat. Love potions, elixers, and satanic worship are well within the grasp of those who are ready to turn from the call of the lord. He dances amongst them, the devil, with his wide-brimmed black hat; they circle the fires in the night, transform into animals, and bring cruel treatment to children. A sleepy town will never be the same even if all of them are burned at the stake.

=

With that, I ask you only to choose wisely. The winning variant will be elaborated as a new rules set, and the others will be tucked away.

Weasel Overlord
22nd February 2006, 07:01 PM
[color=thistle]Um...Weasel no know how to make polls...

Here is the list! all vote!

1. Medieval
2. Swords and Sorcery
3. Future Tech
4. Oriental
5. Criminal Underworld
6. Afterlife
7. Witch Trials

Dark-San
23rd February 2006, 05:50 AM
[b][size=3] The Afterlife gets my vote. Damn, the dead doesn't get to play everytime. So this version would be an interesting one for us.

Ace64
23rd February 2006, 08:10 AM
I'm going with the Criminal Underworld. There were a lot of shady dealings in this last round, and I'd like to see how the next game would go with these rules in effect.

Vulpix.ck87
23rd February 2006, 08:21 AM
I like the sound of the witch trials :P And the afterlife as a second vote

Magmar
23rd February 2006, 08:50 AM
I vote for the Witch Trials! ^_^

Heald
23rd February 2006, 10:22 AM
Criminal Underworld gets my vote too.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
23rd February 2006, 10:33 AM
Witch Trials for me. Although even if I was a villager I'd probably side with the witches. >_>
Heh.... imagine.... 4 witch roles.... Granny, Nanny, Magrat, and Agnes!

Zcade0
23rd February 2006, 01:18 PM
I'm voting for crimminal underworld, btw, my mage one won't be like swords and sorsery. It won't even take place in a town. :biggrin: I can't wait for my turn.

Magmar
23rd February 2006, 04:20 PM
Witch Trials for me. Although even if I was a villager I'd probably side with the witches. >_>
Heh.... imagine.... 4 witch roles.... Granny, Nanny, Magrat, and Agnes!

Goody Abigail, Goody Elizabeth, Goody Goodman and Goody Goody Good Goodsworth

Green Lanturn
23rd February 2006, 06:16 PM
The only problem I have with the witch trials one is that its a bit similar to how this game started out, barring werewolves and taking in witches.

The only other option people seem to be voting for is the Crime-Underworld. This is similar to the game this was derived from-Mafia. It would be interesting to actually run an online original of the game, as there can be lots of different roles.

Hence, I vote for the Crime-Underworld version. I think we can have a bit more liberty with the roles in that style. In the witch trials its basically, witch...villager...etc?(same pretty much as The Werewolf Game).

Lets try something new...

~GL

The Blue Avenger
23rd February 2006, 06:49 PM
Criminal Underworld for me. Although I think the Afterlife would be a good second place.

Greyfox
23rd February 2006, 07:50 PM
I remember playing Mafia a few years back when I lived in Panama City, so I think a Criminal Underworld would be a prime setting for the next round.

Magmar
23rd February 2006, 11:35 PM
We've never had so many responses in one of these threads. *throws confetti*

Looks like it's a toss-up between Criminal Underworld and Witch Trials. Maybe we could do one then the other, Plantae?

Plantae
24th February 2006, 01:19 AM
Given the choice, I will start with Witch Trials and may or may not have the next game after as Criminal Underworld.

You can expect the variant rules by the end of this weekend.

Yero Thropp
24th February 2006, 09:16 PM
Woo!

Not that it matters anymore, but yeah, when I saw "Criminal Underworld" on the list, it reminded me of the Mafia game I'm addicted to here... actually, it was Mafia that led me to the Werewolf Game. Weird how that worked out...

Plantae
26th February 2006, 07:02 PM
The Witch Trials variant rules have been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. I will give the tenative deadline for next round as Tuesday at 4:00 PM CST.

I thank you all for your patience.

Magmar
28th February 2006, 04:12 PM
Actually, change of plans. I'm hosting, and Plantae is taking a round off. The round will be set up ASAP. :)

Plantae
28th February 2006, 04:22 PM
Yes, as Magmar has said, he has so kindly offered to host. I will not be playing this game, either, so no need to worry about me sneaking about.

The variant is in progress, mind you, but it is likely to introduce some large changes to the rules and I need to polish it properly. I trust all of you would rather have a finished product than a half-done mess.

In the meantime, enjoy another round of Axis Mundi. And Magmar, thanks again.