PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio

Perfect Chaos
18th February 2006, 12:11 PM
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying a Subaru in the near future as my first car. The problem is, I want to change the in-dash stereo system, but I don't know what brand name to look for. I was thinking of Bose, but when I went to their site, they said they don't support Subaru for in-dash stereos.

Anyone mind helping me out?

Thanks

-$∑@π

mew151
18th February 2006, 08:45 PM
i've had good experiences with pioneer.
i have the DEH-P6700MP. get one that plays mp3's, you wont regret it :)

Craig
19th February 2006, 01:59 AM
It all depends on what kind of music you like?

Rock?? I would suggest listening to Mew151. Pioneer is a recognized brand. I know nothing about car audio as you put it but i've heard of them.

Rap? Please do not install anything in your car that increases how much sound it can output.

mr_pikachu
19th February 2006, 02:26 AM
Yeah, Pioneer's pretty solid. It's definitely a trustworthy company in the stereo business; you can't go wrong there. Well, unless you buy the wrong stuff, but that can happen no matter who you buy from. Just make sure that the equipment you buy will work in your vehicle. Trust me, you don't want to go wrong there.

Not... that I have any... experience with that... or anything.

>_>;;

It all depends on what kind of music you like?

Rock?? I would suggest listening to Mew151.

Of course, any system named after a Pokemon would be awesome. I mean, Mew151? How sweet is that!

Oh, wait. Mew151... that's a user here. Not a stereo system.

...I'll shut up now.

Dark-San
20th February 2006, 08:48 AM
[b][size=3] I would agree with the rest. Go with Pioneer.

I have a good experience with Pioneer however it has nothing to do with the car audio. For my case, it is a DVD player. This DVD player of mine is spoiled for no apparent reason and worse still while I am in the midst of watching Prince of Tennis.

Manage to contact its customer service and I must admit the customer service is pretty good. I send it in for repair and got it back a fortnight later. The condition in which it was in was superb. That was a year and a half ago and the DVD player had never been spoiled since then.

Reasons on why you should go for Pioneer, it is the good after services and also the audio effect of the product.

.hacker
20th February 2006, 10:52 PM
In my car, I use a Kenwood unit. It is an excellent unit, and it has many features that will allow you to adjust any setting that you feel needed. I used to own Sony, but Kenwood just blows it away. For having a $6,000 car stereo, I recommend Kenwood.

mew151
23rd February 2006, 10:44 AM
$6,000??
my entire sound system cost me around $500. $200 pioneer head unit, $75 pioneer speakers(4), $200 15" sub, amp, and box.

all my friends got pioneer for their car stereos, so that kinda influenced my decision to do the same for my own.

mew151
6th June 2006, 12:04 AM
okay. all my shit just got stolen.

get a car alarm too.

.hacker
6th June 2006, 12:18 AM
That really sucks man. That almost happened to me two years ago. But a car alarm prevented that... >_>

I'm really sorry to hear about that. :redface:

D!
6th June 2006, 01:58 AM
My sister has a Sony X-plod MP3 player in her car, and I think it's rubbish..
It's really hard to use, and you can hardly do anything with it..
There are all different types of X-plods though, so perhaps they're not all bad..

We've got a nice simple Pioneer one in our family car, and that one's really good..