PDA

View Full Version : Comp problems~

Alucard
18th February 2006, 04:33 PM
Surely somebody can help me here, I'm having problems with my comp. It keeps restarting for no reason at all and when it does restart I have to send an error report.

I can't give much info because as soon as I send the report it restarts. The only info I can get about what's being sent is this:

C:\DOCUME~1\Jay\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7db9.dir00\Mini02 1806-06.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Jay\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7db9.dir00\sysdat a.xml

I'll try and get a bit more info if I can stop restarting...

EDIT: When I send the report I get this:

A device driver installed on your computer caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause.

Error caused by a device driver

Additional Technical Information

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

EDIT 2:

Error caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver: no specific solution found

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

An unknown error occurred in NVIDIA Graphics Driver, created by NVIDIAŽ Corporation.

Should I just fuck it all and reformat? ;/

mr_pikachu
18th February 2006, 05:38 PM
Is it restarting repeatedly as soon as the computer loads, or does it do it at seemingly random times (like once you've gotten to working on the computer for awhile, for instance)? If it's the latter, it sounds sort of like a "Joke" program (like Joke.Restart) that acts mostly as an annoyance; the former would be more damaging and doesn't match anything I can think of offhand. Of course, I'm definitely not the most knowledgable computer person here; I'm an okay programmer (well, kind of), but I'm not nearly as good with this stuff as a lot of people.

It might help to know what OS you're running, if you don't mind mentioning it here. I assume you've tried some sort of antivirus scan on your own (as long as you can do so before it restarts), right? That kind of info also might help the geniuses in helping you.

Alucard
19th February 2006, 04:17 AM
I'm running XP SP2. I can't run any anti virus' or ad aware because it just reboots as soon as I start up.

I haven't been running SP2 too long, I thought it was time to upgrade from 98 because some of the things I wanted refused to run..