PDA

View Full Version : What anime have you watched this week? Part 2 *Spoilers, Mature*

Pages : [1] 2

EVme15
12th February 2006, 05:31 PM
Started digging into my Christmas reserves. Finally.

DN Angel DVD 4: The anime is starting to divert from the manga. Generally I don't care either way when a series does this, but the manga was so cool and going in such an interesting direction, and I have a feeling that Mio won't add very much spark to the story as a whole. But we'll see. Glad we finally got to meet To-To, she sounded exactly like I thought she would XD

Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok eps 1 - 4: Opening theme fell flat on its face, ending theme was reasonable, ok done with music commentary. It's cute how the story is similar but at the same time very different from the manga. And HEIMDALL IS ADORABLE! I'm really interested in following this one, it seems to be setting itself up for a good run.

FMA (whichever one was on last night): ENVY! WRATH! And... um... well, it's interesting what happened with Al. Things are quickly coming to a close, that's for sure.

Naruto 170: OMG SASUKE!!! (noticing a trend? lol). The fillers continue, and this move by the animators shows that Naruto is suffering for attention. It's now very likely that there will be a clash between Time Jump and the fillers. Actually, there already is one, with Sakura learning in the filler that Kabuto is a Sound-nin, rather than learning it when they meet him on the bridge while impersonating Sasori. Been waiting for the past few days for 171 to be available for direct download... -_-

[b][size=3]*Edit* I've recoloured your spoilers, Kayla. Just in case you are wondering.

Dark-San
13th February 2006, 09:25 AM
[b][size=3] Yes Kalya, some of the fillers are dumb . However comes late March/ early April, expect all these nonsenses to be gone. They have approximately around 8 more fillers to go. And then the real story will begin. At least this is what Dattebayo had promised.

Just caught Prince of Tennis movie some days back. Funny thing is that Ryoma actually had a adopted brother, Ryoga. The story plot was not very entertaining and the opponents they were up against were noobs. An average rating for this movie.

Oh~ I just gotten Suzuka Manga book 9 back on Sunday. Haven't read the manga yet. Hopefully this book isn't the last. If the manga follow the anime, this means that the manga is to end somewhere at middle of Book 9.

Roarkiller
19th February 2006, 07:25 AM
Suzuka is at vol11 now I believe.

Watched all the recent releases of Black Cat except ep16, which I got some time back but have yet to watch. Currently catching Samurai 7; getting, but haven't started on, PitaTen (ya I know what you're thinking, so don't comment too much); as well as a new series called REC. Art looks somewhat like Elfen Lied, and the voices is sorta weird. Storywise, it seems kinda bland. But then if following the comic is in order, that episode is only half of the ist chapter, so eh.

Also got me Fate/Stay night ep 6-7, but haven't watched. To be honest, this anime, while perfectly watchable, isn't all it is hyped up to be. I guess with the super high expectations from Tsukihime, we get kinda disappointed.

Dark-San
20th February 2006, 09:00 AM
[b][size=3]Apologises for the topic split. I am doing a bit of house keeping around this area. For those who have any problem with that you can pm me.

Book 11? Damn the Chinese manga had only released till book 9 and the anime series ends that the begining of Book 9. Btw bro, Suzuka is just getting to be interesting.

Black Cat? Well... the pace of the story was good. However I would appreciate if they could speed up a little. I have to admit that I getting a bit bored here already. Hopefully episode 17 isn't a letdown.

Roarkiller
21st February 2006, 07:32 AM
I don't buy stuff that aren't worth my time, and I especially try to avoid buying manga as they take up too much space (I've been a book collector for too long). Anyway, I got Suzuka manga off the net, and I'm hoping the anime I'm getting isn't gonna screw my PC like before.

Black Cat is going off at a surprisingly fast pace if you ask me. Or rather, the pacing is simply weird. They either go too fast or too slow. At the current moment, too fast. Without reading the comic, flashback to the scene of the Information Broker after he got all the Sweepers together. I mean seriously, Train asked him straight out if he knew the location of the Apostles, and he gave it to him straight out. Imagine, a broker giving away information for free. Even if it's because the broker is from Chronos, he should know better than to blow his cover like that. Best part is that no one even noticed this discrepancy.

Fuh...

Anyway, finished watching Samurai 7. The ending after the battle was wrapped up a tad too quickly, but overall it was a great series. Doesn't really follow the movie, but then I didn't expect too. Eh, I thought the first Samurai to die was Heihachi, not Gorobei (I watched the movie again last week).

Also started watching PitaTen. Irritating. Exhausting. Lively. Exhausting. Loud. Exhausting. Funny.

Did I mention exhausting yet?

Dark-San
21st February 2006, 07:50 AM
[b][size=3] How is your exhausting compared to mine? Knowing that I still have an examination on Monday. I did the most stupidest thing in my life. I went on an anime matharon the night before.

I kind of regret it. During the exam, I should have fared badly taking into the account that I wrote nonsense for most of the questions. During that marathon, I went ahead and caught 3 episodes of Detective Q Academy, Fate/Stay night 7 and Mai Otome 19.

Last Exile
21st February 2006, 06:08 PM
Hell Girl 1-3 - This series is quite a thrill.

Basic premise: at the stroke of midnight, a website called 'The Gateway To Hell' can be accessed, only at that minute. A person who is on the edge of despair who wishes revenge on the one who has wronged them need only type their name and send it. Hell Girl will then come and make a contract with a voodoo doll. Untie the red string on the voodoo doll's neck and your enemy will be sent to Hell. However, in payment for Hell Girl's surface, when the contracted person dies, they are sent to Hell as well, with the black flame symbol fo Hell Girl imprinted on their chest as a constant remidner of their dark contract.

Very dark and full on. Hell Girl is quite an interesting character. She doesn't seem to like or even want to do what she does, so why she does/must will hopefully come soon. The people who seek her, you have to feel for them. So far they've all been high school kids and it seems this will continue. While the format of the 3 episodes so far is the same, more about Hell Girl and her life is being revealed so there is an element of suspense. Very sombre yet moving music. Ending theme is really nice.

This is worth watching if you haven't yet. It's a real refreshing change from what anime mainly is over the alst few years.

Master of Paradox
22nd February 2006, 12:24 PM
In one of those little ironies, I caught the first episode of Chrno Crusade on Showtime Beyond a couple of nights ago (its main character, Rosette, is Last Exile's avatar). I've never seen the original Japanese version, but even I can tell the dub needed a few more takes.

I watched the 25th Yu Yu Hakusho DVD (having seen the series up to that point on Cartoon Network). That's the one with "Fate! Everything Comes to a Halt" (the English-dub title for the episode would be a spoiler). While the series itself is middling-to-fair, that episode is a punch to the gut.

Other than those two and Fullmetal Alchemist (which is required viewing), my anime viewership is down - I blame Cartoon Network's obsessive need to destroy its Adult Swim lineup every other week.

Dark-San
23rd February 2006, 07:05 AM
[b][size=3] @Paradox~ ^.^" Your avatar reminds me of the doll that got possess by one of the modified souls in Bleach. It bears a strong resemblance.

@Ryan~ Watched Hell Girl Episode 1 back a few days ago. Didn't like the way the anime series was played out. I'm giving this one up if the the next episodes didn't make up for the first episode poor showing.

@Elais~ Initial D fourth stage 23 was out a few hours. God Hand is going to lose out to Takumi. He had been using the 'black- out' tactics over and quite a few times.

Master of Paradox
23rd February 2006, 10:16 AM
[color=chocolate][b][size=3] @Paradox~ ^.^" Your avatar reminds me of the doll that got possess by one of the modified souls in Bleach. It bears a strong resemblance.

It does bear a resemblance, but my avatar is actually a Tonberry, a monster from the Final Fantasy video game series.

Roarkiller
24th February 2006, 09:12 AM
I thought the only doll that got possessed is Kon?

Anyway, I caught ep23 of Initial D a while back, and actually, ep24 is out too. Btw, 5 eps of anime doesn't count as an anime marathon :)

On Hell Girl, sounds interesting. Maybe I should catch that and drop Ayakashi, but I'm thinking I should continue for a few more eps, see if anything interesting crops up.

On my side, still trying to complete Suzuka, but started watching the first few chapters. A little too melodramatic, but kudos to Yamato's cousin for putting up the best acting in the show so far. Or at least, she was animated as over-melodramatic anyway.

PitaTen ep6, less exhaustive as the rest, but considerable exhausting as well. Guess they weren't kidding when they say this series needs some getting used to. New character appears as an opponent for Takashi/Ten-chan instead of the main character, so it's an interesting twist on unexpectancy.

Still waiting for next ep of Fate... and Black Cat... no big fan of either though...

Dark-San
26th February 2006, 08:31 AM
I thought the only doll that got possessed is Kon?

[b][size=3] After seeing your comments here, it is confirmed that you have not caught the latest Bleach filler. The filler was about Ichigo and the gang dealing with a new threat known as the Bounds. A 'soul' vampire which used to feed on the dead souls then turns to sucking out the souls from the living.

3 modified souls were appointed to each of the gang. Apparently Claude being attached to Inoue, Nova to go with Chad and Rin to go with Ichigo. Apparently the one at Master of Paradox's avatar highly remesbles Nova. After all, both of them looks like turtles.

Anyway, I caught ep23 of Initial D a while back, and actually, ep24 is out too. Btw, 5 eps of anime doesn't count as an anime marathon :)

[b][size=3] Apparently I was quite disappointed to this kind of finale that they had protray. Takumi finally winning God hand but the ending was like never ending. It likes the ending of Prince of Tennis where they leave it up to the viewers to imagine up it for themselves.

>.<" I hate it!

Still waiting for next ep of Fate... and Black Cat... no big fan of either though...

[b][size=3] Perhaps I should recommend another anime for you to take up? I bet that you will be a hell lot interested in Blood +. You say that you are taking up the anime however I have not see you doing that yet.

For everyone's information, Blood + is actually a series following up from Blood the Last Vampire movie. Like Ryan had pointed out in the last post about the movie. Yes I have to agree that the action and blood/ gore is good. However the disappointing thing would be the way they drew Saya and also their apparent lack of explaination of the plot.

Hence the series would be a good way to settle all these doubts. Do catch it!

Roarkiller
26th February 2006, 08:46 PM
I never saw anything lacking in the movie's plot. And no, I haven't caught it yet, simply because I usually never catch more than 3 titles at one go. I already have Suzuka, Aria and PitaTen to entertain me for the moment. Fate and Black Cat not counted since I don't get more than one ep per week anyway.

Speaking of which, I agree, the ending for 4th Stage 5|_|x0rz big time. I mean what the hell? Takumi's car went haywire and was sure to lose, but suddenly Joushima decided to puke, and hence he had to stop the car, thus Takumi won. And then Ryousuke and Bunta starts ranting about philosophical shit and then The End, thank you very much, see you next time.

Sad, really. IMO thay should've cut Takumi's race to two eps only, than save the last as maybe a break with the guys, some casual talk, and finally something for the fans to look forward to in the next season.

Last Exile
27th February 2006, 01:57 AM
Blood + - I really didn't enjoy that, but each to their own.

Adz44
27th February 2006, 04:58 PM
Hell Girl 1-3 - This series is quite a thrill.

Basic premise: at the stroke of midnight, a website called 'The Gateway To Hell' can be accessed, only at that minute. A person who is on the edge of despair who wishes revenge on the one who has wronged them need only type their name and send it. Hell Girl will then come and make a contract with a voodoo doll. Untie the red string on the voodoo doll's neck and your enemy will be sent to Hell. However, in payment for Hell Girl's surface, when the contracted person dies, they are sent to Hell as well, with the black flame symbol fo Hell Girl imprinted on their chest as a constant remidner of their dark contract.

Very dark and full on. Hell Girl is quite an interesting character. She doesn't seem to like or even want to do what she does, so why she does/must will hopefully come soon. The people who seek her, you have to feel for them. So far they've all been high school kids and it seems this will continue. While the format of the 3 episodes so far is the same, more about Hell Girl and her life is being revealed so there is an element of suspense. Very sombre yet moving music. Ending theme is really nice.

This is worth watching if you haven't yet. It's a real refreshing change from what anime mainly is over the alst few years.

Yeah, I've been following Jigoku Shoujo as well. Very different to what I'm used to watching (in a good way). It starts to get really interesting round about episode 7 or 8 onwards, although it won't be obvious as to why straight away. I'll say no more...

Last Exile
27th February 2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I've been following Jigoku Shoujo as well. Very different to what I'm used to watching (in a good way). It starts to get really interesting round about episode 7 or 8 onwards, although it won't be obvious as to why straight away. I'll say no more...

I'll get my mate to get more then. ;)

EVme15
4th March 2006, 09:54 PM
Naruto 173 - Five more weeks...!

FMA #? - Nothing really special seemed to happen, but that might just be me having the crappiest memory in the world right now. I was right about Envy, though ^^

GitS SAC 2nd Gig #? - I need to edit this when I remember my reaction. It was late, and I had just been to an all-day anime convention.

I recently bought DN Angel volume 5, so I'll get around to watching that.

Not quite anime, but at Llamacon I got to see This is Otakudom, parts of Fanboy Bebop, parts of S.T.E.A.M., and about an episode and a half of... some anime that I'm forgetting the name of X_X

Roarkiller
6th March 2006, 12:31 AM
Watched Fate ep9. Finally, things are starting to get interesting. I understand this series is based on a game, but somehow it feels too much like a game instead of a proper anime. Meh, can't wait to see Saber unleash her real sword. Curious about her name too btw, though I'll bet it jus means she's the strongest of the Saber class.

EDIT: Btw, there's this Tsubasa Chronicles movie raw up. I never heard anything about a movie, does anyone?

EDIT2: As they say in japan... saabisu, da yo, saabisu! (http://www.typemoon.org/etc/image/2003.jpg)

Roy Karrde
6th March 2006, 06:26 PM
The Tsubasa movie aired last June with the XXXholic movie, it's just a 30 minute short with the ending of the two movies crossing over. The movie is done by another company which is why some of the characters look a bit different. Yet it really is beautifully animated. Also to contribute to this topic.

Kashimashi ~ Girls Meets Girl ~ Episode 8, after having a very very quick start and being very fast moving, it seems that things are starting to settle down. The animation style was a bit different in this episode, but then again this episode was pretty much all comedy. Next week starts the Carnival and after that Tomari gets her chance in the spot light. Hopefully this show becomes more than just 12 episodes, becuase if the Manga is any indication, there is alot of great stories that are coming up.

Roarkiller
9th March 2006, 03:45 AM
Apparently, by Production IG. It was involved in some way at least, if not the main studio.

It's okay, the storyline and plot were digestible. Quite a relaxed show. And at least the pacing is better off than the other 24 eps.

Btw, xxxHolic movie? When?

Dark-San
9th March 2006, 09:19 AM
[b][size=3] Actually I prefer to call the Tsubasa movie, a long episode than a movie. Reason being that this one is actually only around 40 minutes, double the time for a normal 25 min episode.

I suppose that this movie is just an introductory of what the producers had to offer when they start airing the second season of Tsubasa this April. Looking towards it then. So much for a bird country when people in the rest of the world are dying of bird flu.

I have not been around here for quite a while already. Partially the reason of my second semester exams as well as my recent formatting of my computer. I recently installed a 250G worth of hard drive. Now I do not have to worry about getting CDs to burn my collection now. All have to do is to dump the new series into the new hard disk.

Hey talking about new series, I had just recently caught some animes. They are not new animes but rather released for quite sometime. They are as followed,

1) Solty Rei
2) Shakugan no Shana
3) REC
4) Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

Solty Rei had a pleasant opening theme. Furthermore the story is not your normal guy to girl romance. The plot is about a father who had lost his daugther in a epic disaster. Even ten years since the disaster, he still believe that his daugther, Rita Revant, is still alive.

In the process of his job as a criminal hunter, he adopted a foster daugther and names her as Solty Revant. Solty was not an ordinary human but one who is totally mechanical being with no part of her being biological.

Currently, I'm at episode ten. Hence, I cannot tell much of the story since the anime got released till episode eighteen.

As for Shakugan no Shana, it has a background similiar to Bleach. In the place of the Hollows, we have tomogaries. And in the place of Shinigami, we have Flame Haze.

On how can I describle it, I could only say that it is so far too much for me to summaries the story into a few paragraphs. However I would suggest to those who are really into this 'after-life' genre to give this anime ago.

REC is the worst of the four. It talks about a voice actress who had her house burn down. Hence she went to live with a guy whom she had watch a movie with earlier that day. The worst part was that the first episode ended abrupted when they introduced themselves to each other in midst of making love.

The later episodes were just merely how the guy, a marketing excutive, try to promote a product using a mascot whose voice was done by the female lead and the problems that they had encounter while doing the commerical.

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora on the other hand was pretty tear jerking. If I'm not wrong, the title should be something like 'Love under a half full moon' when translated in English. It is easily guess since the main romance scenes usually happens under the lights of the half moon.

The plot is pretty simple yet emotionally hyped. It is about a guy who meets a girl in a hospital. The girl was suffering from a certain heart disease and was given only certain amount of years to live. Both of them was introduced to each other by a nurse.

After which when they had spend most of the time together, the guy grew fond of the girl. He was willing to give up his future to be with the girl. Simple enough?

Of the four, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora would be the best but it only consist of six episodes. Very short. REC comes close second with nine episodes in total. Shakugan no Shana is currently in episode 21.

@Roy~ I watched a few scenes from Kashimashi ~ Girls Meets Girl first and second episodes a few weeks back then. I found it pretty stupid of having the male lead having a female face. Furthermore he met up with an accident and the alien changes him to a her.

Now the girl 'he' whom 'he' had a crush with takes notice of 'him'. The whole thing was just unacceptable. It seems like another Azumanga Daiyoh in the making. Another anime story that I just don't get it.

Anyone can give me reason of getting this anime?

Roarkiller
10th March 2006, 04:30 AM
REC isn't your typical high-paced swashbuckling big haha anime, for those wondering. It's a lot closer to To Heart, i.e. more of a slice of life genre.

Btw, "Hanbun Tsuki ga Noboru Sora" means "Looking up to a half moon in the sky" literally. So much for an easy guess :lol: I got it, but haven't watched it yet.

Only new stuff aside from that is Black Cat 18-19. The action is heating up, but only due to the show ending in 5/7 episode's time. Basically, Black Cat and gang (and Chronos) finally reached Kraken Island and are now in the heat of battle. Too fast paced though, they just show a few battles going on concurrently, get them all over with, and that's it. Disappointing, really.

Oh, and getting Gundam Seed Destiny. It's amazing really, how I always pick up the more well-known titles later than anyone else, and watch all lesser-known ones instead.

Last Exile
10th March 2006, 05:12 AM
Watched Fate ep9. Finally, things are starting to get interesting. I understand this series is based on a game, but somehow it feels too much like a game instead of a proper anime. Meh, can't wait to see Saber unleash her real sword. Curious about her name too btw, though I'll bet it jus means she's the strongest of the Saber class.

EDIT: Btw, there's this Tsubasa Chronicles movie raw up. I never heard anything about a movie, does anyone?

EDIT2: As they say in japan... saabisu, da yo, saabisu! (http://www.typemoon.org/etc/image/2003.jpg)

Unlike previous series based on dating sim/H-games, the makers of the anime version of Fate/Stay Night wanted to stay as true to the original as possible. Associates of mine who have played the game and all its storylines say it's quite true to the original and that they are quite pleased with the quality.

As for her name, you might want to read the phrases that explain the world/scenario of Fate/Stay Night.

Hopefully the Rin arc is as good as the Saber one. Hard to choose between Saber and Rin.

Dark Scizor
10th March 2006, 06:53 PM
Hopefully the Rin arc is as good as the Saber one. Hard to choose between Saber and Rin.

Very.

I've just been watching Fate recently, nothing else to watch. I'm enjoying it, though it is a pain to get screenshots of .mkv files.

Roarkiller
11th March 2006, 08:58 AM
Well, I DID see the torrent of the game some time back, but considering how I never even got to completing the Tsukihime game, and have yet to even unzip the Melty Blood game, I figured I didn't need to even download this one.

For those wondering, I have to change the computer language setting to japanese and restart the computer before I could play Tsukihime, so in the end it was too much of a hassle and it's now somewhere in my harddisk.

Still having fun with PitaTen for the moment. Some storyline is starting to show through the funny, and the exhausting nature of the anime is starting to tone down. Or maybe I just got used to it. Whatever. Either way, it's still a fun anime.

Hanbun Tsuki ep01: Don't like the art, frankly, but kudos to the makers for showing promise in the story and character development.

Dark-San
13th March 2006, 08:02 AM
Well, I DID see the torrent of the game some time back, but considering how I never even got to completing the Tsukihime game, and have yet to even unzip the Melty Blood game, I figured I didn't need to even download this one.

[b][size=3] You want the screenshots for the game? I got them like in the right now. Now that explains where I got my signature character pictures from. XD

Shinigami no Ballad Ep 02 ~ Pretty relaxing. The story talks about a Shinigami named Momo who goes around helping the needies. That is pretty weird for a Shinigami as they are suppose to bring death and not help.

King of Fighters - Another Day (4 episode series) ~ Saw all of them. Nothing much and can be pretty boring at some times.

Roarkiller
13th March 2006, 09:13 AM
You actually watched King of Fighters?

Wow. I applaud your courage.

Apart from the usual titles, also watching Gakuen Alice on Animax. Hate the dubs though, but can't help it; my two brothers know jack about japanese, so I can't change the audio.

Dark-San
14th March 2006, 05:49 AM
[b][size=3]... Or would you mean Jill?

There is nothing to watch these days, hence I just took up the title. Even though the plot is pretty stupid, I still watched it. Reason being that I used to play this game.

Currently the anime release is still stale. Bleach got into the spoiler portion so hence nothing exciting to expect. Naruto's filler is never ending when I checked with a friend the last time.

The expectional ones are Blood + where there are more relavation on a new type of enemies introduced. The other title to take note for last week was actually Otome 22. Arika was confronted by the new type of Otome. Got engaged in a standoff between 4 of these new types and had to be saved by Miyu.

EVme15
14th March 2006, 07:11 PM
[b][size=3]blah blah blah Naruto's filler is never ending when I checked with a friend the last time blah blah blah

Four more weeks.

I watched the fansubs of the last two episodes of FMA. Personally, I like how the series finished up. It tied together everything without making it all sunshine and rainbows.

Naruto's started another filler story arc. Face-stealers. Uh... sure... -_-;;;

Saw episodes 1-3 of Mushishi at MIT anime club. Interesting series, wish I could get my hands on more of it.

And... I think that's it.

Roarkiller
15th March 2006, 02:26 AM
Finished Hanbun Tsuki, watched REC 4-5, Gundam Destiny up to 10.

Just finished d/ling this strange anime called Maid in Akihabara. Hopefully it's not hentai, but I'll give a review after I watched it.

Also need to start watching Aria and Haibane Renmei again. I thik I downloaded too much anime for me to keep up at the moment. heh -_-"

EDIT: Okay, turns out the Miad in Akihabara isn't an anime, but an anime-esque drama. basically, a bar girl gets hired for a job in a cafe where the only customers are your Level-1 otakus. Or in english, your typical class one anime super nerds. Okay for a good laugh, not good for your sanity in the long run.

Dark-San
16th March 2006, 07:57 AM
[b][size=3] I guess it is okay to download stuffs in bulks. At least when are you suffering from sleepless nights, you know where to spend your time in. I have also like around 20 episodes left unwatched (16 episodes from Gun X Sword, 2 episodes from Shakugan no Shana and also 2 episodes of Detective Q Academy). I just getting them off the net merely to make full use of the unlimited broadband plan that I am currently subscribing to.

Anyway the latest Naruto episode is nothing but disappointment. Just when you thought that it is going to be one huge explosive showdown between the face stealers and them. It turns out that the face stealers were easy push over.

For Bleach, Ichigo and gang were confronted by some Bounto which controls the power of water. Pathetic! That is the word to describle on the way they fought. Much expected, they are purely wasting their energy cutting down puddles of water which does not seem to be destroy except for the firepower spell that Rukia had use on the water dolls.

Alucard
17th March 2006, 12:34 PM
I've been watching Trigun and Hellsing yet again, because all the other anime that's around is crap ;/

I wish Hellsing wasn't so short..

Roarkiller
18th March 2006, 12:09 AM
Hellsing is like a flash in a pan. Starts off like as though it's been around for a while, then just ended off. Yeah, too damn short. If anything, hopefully the OVA had made up for that. Anyone saw it yet?

If Trigun and Hellsing's your kind, there's always Cowboy Bebop, and I'd suggest Tsukihime too.

Alucard
18th March 2006, 07:14 AM
Nay I haven't.

It's so easy for them to start a new season/series of Hellsing. The ending of episode 13 leaves so many storylines to go with. There's the whole what happend to Seras, does Integra decide to drink Arucards blood, does Arucard break her out of London Tower dungeon and kill an assload of people on the way, countless enemies can be created for him to battle, the whole "freak chip" ordeal which is still out there, does Walter team up with them again and start kicking major ass and there's still the rivalry with Alexander which was never properly finished.

I've yet to meet a person who didn't like Hellsing. Which is good a reason as any to make a proper series. I do wish they'd start a 50+ series and then finish it off with a movie like Fullmetal Alchemist, that would be totally awesome. I could just imagine a 45/30 minute battle with Arucard using all his powers against another vampire. It'd kick so much ass.

But that's unlikely... They'd rather keep churrning out all the kiddy bullshit and crappy stories about women with big tits, which I loath..

I have to be in the mood to watch Cowboy Bebop. I can't just throw it on anytime I feel like watching because sometimes I find it boring. I can say the same with Gundam. Sometimes I find it to be such an over-rated boring anime, but if i'm in a decent mood I'll think it's great.

EDIT: Added spoiler colors for you. Just to be safe.

Roarkiller
18th March 2006, 11:55 PM
Hellsing movie... now THAT would be a day to wait for.

Speaking of movies, can anyone give me a recomndation for the movie Casshern? It's a sci-fi japanese movie, and the trailers look good, as are the CGs. but I want some opinions before I splash the cash.

Hmm, reminds me, I need to get back the DVDs my friend borrowed...

Dark Scizor
19th March 2006, 07:32 AM
Fate 11. Holy shit, it was awesome.

Dark-San
19th March 2006, 09:13 AM
Fate 11. Holy shit, it was awesome.

[b][size=3]@Dark Scizor~ Is that any constructive comments that you can use to describle the episodes? I suppose that the episodes offers more actions right? So it would be better if you summaries them in words. :)

Fate 11 as describle by Dark Scizor, it is an awesome episodes simply because it is the first serious duel between two half-assed magicians. Half-assed as in the two magicians that are engaged in it knows nuts about magic skills.

The real focus was actually on the clash on the servants, Rider and Saber. This episode also saw a remarkable improvement on Shiro's skills. Partially thanks to the jewel that Tokasha had forced into Shiro's body.

Amazing, Tokasha had describle that the nature of sorcery is similiar to that of alchemy in Full Metal Alchemist. It needs something of equal value to create a body of the same value. However Shiro's case of different, a bit unique as in it disobey this law of conversion.

Otome 23 saw the first appearance of Mai and Mikoto into the series. This episode links some parts of the first series, Mai Hime, to it. Nothing serious actually happened in the episodes except that Nagi had decided to use the power of the harmonium to display the power that his country now currently possess.

Roarkiller
24th March 2006, 06:21 PM
Haha, half-assed mages. Now there's a way to put it.

Finished watching Haibane Renmei. My kind of anime, but frankly I don't see what's got people all worked up about the series. It's more of a slice-of-life genre, not much action, hardly much humour, just the story of going through the tribulations of life, more like.

Anime reserves running out, last being Aria. Well, I would agree that the series, about a couple of undines (gondola rowers), would be considered boring to most people. I mean, it's about the story of how Akari is living her life in Neo-Venezia, that's it.

Meh, you're looking at the guy who got through To Heart, so no probs here. Getting Jigoku Shoujo, will watch soon. And MAYBE I might get Bleach.

Greyfox
24th March 2006, 08:52 PM
I've been watching a lot of Naruto lately over Youtube.com. I'm about to start watching Naruto 81; however, I must simply say that after watching 79, Naruto is fecking awesome.

Although, despite Naruto's awesomeness, I still have to give props to Shikamaru and Rock Lee...

-drew

Roarkiller
25th March 2006, 01:58 AM
Wow, I never realized that Bleach was licensed already.

Anyway, watched Jigoku Shoujo ep1. It doesn't have the scare factor of 100 Stories, but it does have a glimmer of hope from it. Hopefully what you guys say is right, that the series will get better as it goes on.

Somehow Paranoia Agent came to my mind suddenly. Wonder why...

Dark-San
25th March 2006, 03:33 AM
[b][size=3] You all would be glad to know that the naruto producers are going to extend the fillers for another 26 weeks. -_-" So start drawing out whatever weapons you have available and then we can start butchering them alive. :evil:

Lately I been into too much of animes that was released in 2002. I chanced upon Saikano and now after watching it. Can't say much though in case I would spill some spoilers for those who haven't watched it yet. But it is safe to confirm that it is an anime that is worth a run for.

Roarkiller
25th March 2006, 06:24 AM
Saikano is an anime worth every penny spent into making it. My ratings go up to 9.7/10, and even my friend who has never watched anime before gave it 4 thumbs up.

But should've asked though, I got the DVD, lol :lol:

EVme15
26th March 2006, 07:44 PM
[b][size=3] You all would be glad to know that the naruto producers are going to extend the fillers for another 26 weeks. -_-" So start drawing out whatever weapons you have available and then we can start butchering them alive. :evil:

Actually, a lot of people are pretty sure that Dattebayo is pulling an April Fools joke.
I believed the new count too, at first...

Saw Naruto 177. One of the stupidest fillers yet (and that says something).

Re-watched .hack//LEGEND OF TWILIGHT episodes 1 and 2. People at Anime Club seemed to like it, so that was good.

I didn't get to watch anything on Saturday, but hopefully TiVo got all of it so I can watch it later.

One of these days I'll finally get around to Sukisho... and Chrno Crusade... and Bottle Fairy... and all the other anime I got for Christmas that I haven't watched yet... --;

Roarkiller
27th March 2006, 09:25 PM
While waiting for REC 9 to finish, I watched Jigoku Shoujo 2-4. For the moment, it looks kinda repetitive. Someone gets pressured, gets online and files for revenge, revenge granted. Only new thing I can see developing so far is Enma Ai seemingly not wanting to do her job, and that mysterious identity of the grandmother.

Nothing new so far, I'm thinking of getting Pet Shop of Horror.

Dark-San
2nd April 2006, 06:00 AM
[b][size=3] Hadn't been catching up on my animes lately. I'm too busy clearing off the old mangas that I had and replacing the new ones I recently just bought from my shelves. And all of these were done during April fool day~

The new titles' release are a bit slow. However I just finished up on Ayashi no Ceres. It is a decent anime and I must say a very complicated one too. All through from episode 1 to 24, I was rather amazed on the fact that they could explain a simple Japanese folklore (Refer below) to a modern day technological fantasy.

[color=#333333]The folklore was about on a fairy that arrives from heaven and baths on a lake. A human stoles her garments and forces the fairy to become his wife. Unfortuntely the celestial being had no choice but to listen to his demands. The human didn't return the garment and in the end the fairy died broken hearted and had to be reincarnated through the generations of the human's descendants.

[b][size=3]And erm Kalya, 24 weeks of fillers to go.....

Roarkiller
6th April 2006, 10:09 PM
Finished Pet Shop of Horror. The OVA is good, but at four episodes, it's way too short for me. But just like Hellsing, it starts and finishes abruptly. It's like watching a series in the middle and leaving it off long before it ends.

Basically, the story is about this pet shop that sells any animal you desire, from the usual to the exotic. For the extremely exotic though (which is what the story is based upon), the owners are required to sign a contract with three conditions, one of which is always the same: never show it to anyone else. As far as storyline goes, it's something like a cause-and-consequence story; the animal bought has something to do with the buyer's past and "does" something to the owner.

*Mini-spoilers: The first story is about a family who lost a daughter, and bought a creature that looks exactly like their daughter, but is actually a rabbit, so claims the owner. One condition is to never feed it anything except veggies and plain water.

2nd is about a man whose wife was thrown overboard on their wedding night. The pet was actually ordered by the wife, so the widower comes to collect it. It is a mermaid, who looks exactly like his deceased wife. One of the conditions: always give it what it wants.

3rd story is about a falling actor obsessed with pet reptiles. Jobless and left by his wife, he bought a Medusa (no it doesn't look like anyone in this case). However, his money is running out, and to support his medusa he now loves (who also loves him), he tries to get a job, but fails. The crucial condition: never remove the medusa's blindfold (duh).

4th story is a bit strange for those unfamiliar with japanese folklore. The story is about a politician's aid, his childhood friend, who has high hopes for his friend to "save the world from poverty and war". Unfortunately, this friend is not only irresponsible, but a womaniser, a double blow to him, as the wife is also who he loves (and vice versa, after the womanising is discovered, not shown in the story). To help this friend, the aid seeks a Kirin; a legendary creature said to bestow power upon the owner i.e. whoever owns it becomes a powerful person. He discovered this from an old diary belonging to one of the previous president. The storyline of this episode should be very familiar to most as an urban myth, and strangely, the conditions of the contract were never told.

EDIT: Da rating for da show would be 6.8/10. Not exactly a must-watch IMO.

Dark-San
7th April 2006, 08:38 AM
[b][size=3] Pet Shop of Horror? Hmm how would you rate the anime OVA then? Good, average or just pure bad?

Lately the new series had not been releasing lately, I got bored and decided to try my hands on some of the old series recommended by a couple of my friends. The first that I got my hands on was Amaenaideyo, I watched only 6 of the episodes and I dumped it out of my watching schedule already.

There are couple of reasons which I would do so,

[color=#333333]1) The anime was particularlly all about the explaination of Buddhist teachings. About the naivana cycle and stuffs, however on top of these the producers threw in the erotic factors. Hence a perfectly meaningful plot is now dirtied by these factors.

2) The nuns in this animes are not nuns. Hell not! They are merely high school girls and almost all of them possess bloated breast.

3) Lastly from my understanding of Buddhism in nature, (With exception from the Tibetian monks) these nuns and a monk from this series actually ate meat. Buddhist preachers should be abstain from meat and should only eat vegetables.

[b][size=3]With all these illogical plots in place, I find no meaning in continuing watching this series.

The other series that I caught was Gad Guard. My general impression of this anime after watching four episodes of it was that the drawings were rather childishly done. And also the opening theme was even weirder, taking into fact that there isn't anybody singing except for the melody playing. I can't say much so I probably would save my comments for later when I have watched the anime even further.

Besides the new series that I've caught, sadly 3 of the current series that I've watched had just ended. The anime are as followed Mai Otome, Canvas 2 and Shakugan no Shana.

[color=#333333]Mai Otome's ending was pretty predictable. Arika got her fully charged Otome powers by destroying the one machine which her dead mother's body was kept in. Nina got her wish in the end by being with Sergey after her Otome powers was destroyed in the clash in space with Arika. Mashiro, even though she was the fake princess, she still continue to rule the Windbloom kingdom.

The ending this time round was even better than its predecessor Mai Hime. At least it is still within the logical zone and the only bad point of this anime was that Mai got only a limited appearance in this anime. ^.^

Canvas 2 caught me off guard. All along I thought that Hiroki would have chosen his childhood friend as his choice of lover. However the anime took a drastic turn and he ended up choosing his distant french cousin instead. Interesting twist of the ending but overall the plot is still considered average.

[b][size=3]I should stop with my blabbering now.... my post is getting too long heh? XD

Last Exile
8th April 2006, 06:01 AM
I'm trying to get hold of Honey & Clover, Fate/Stay Night and something else.

At the moment I'm watching dubs of Samurai Champloo and Evangelion.

Dark-San
8th April 2006, 12:49 PM
[b][size=3] I never did like dubs at all. The voices of some characters sounded quite fake. My free to air channel is currently screening Seed Destiny and the voice of Asuran was done quite badly done. I suppose Roar can concur that.

I did try to listen to the dubs of both Saikano and Gad Guard when I watched them earlier in the past few weeks. And the next moment I know, I would be switching the dub back to Japanese. I rather watched the raw version.

Roarkiller
8th April 2006, 11:18 PM
[b][size=3] I never did like dubs at all. The voices of some characters sounded quite fake. My free to air channel is currently screening Seed Destiny and the voice of Asuran was done quite badly done. I suppose Roar can concur that.

Would be sorry to hear that I don't agree. Personally I think the dubs for Seed and Destiny were pretty well done. Cagalli even sounds better.

And like I said many times before, I'd rather hear names pronounced properly. Athrun sounds better than Asuran, and Lacus is definitely better than Lakusu.

I don't hold a preference to subs or dubs. I just get to listen to japanese more often, and most dubs I hear are either from Animax's uber sucky versions, or localized broken phonetics.

EDIT: Check it out. The real thing. (http://a.imouto.org/dovac/1144298277821.jpg)

Dark-San
9th April 2006, 04:11 AM
[b][size=3] That is a picture of a room that belongs to a fan that is seriously obsessed with Card Capture Sakura. Yes and my room is overly loaded with CD roms and posters. However unlike that fan, I've other interest like EPL and movies.

Back to the subject on anime, Ermm. I've caught up on at least 4 episodes of different anime. Of which, 2 are the last episode, Shinigami no Ballad and REC. The other 2 were Fate Stay Night 14 and XXXholic Movie.

XXXholic movie is just gotta rock. Though I was a bit disappointed that the witch hadn't use her powers to deal with the enemy. However all becomes well.

Roarkiller
9th April 2006, 11:53 AM
The XXXholic movie would only make sense to those who already know the storyline. Sadly, it's still a little disappointing. Yuuko hardly has those kind of powers to my knowledge.

However, if it's any indication, I hope the series will be as dark as the manga; as dark or as darker than the movie would be nice.

Saw ending of REC. Typical ending, plus too short, so I think I'll check the manga instead. FSN as usual, also saw Blood ep1-2.

Also looking for Tsukuyomi. And getting Karin. I think I can last for a while before the next big thing, hopefully.

Dark Scizor
9th April 2006, 03:48 PM
Fate 14. Brilliant. Can't say too much, but the Archer v Beserker fight was good.

EVme15
9th April 2006, 07:55 PM
I've been sick recently, and most of my free time goes to sleeping or school, but I did manage to catch the new opening and ending for Naruto.

I told you. It says three weeks of filler left. They were joking the whole time (plus their count got messed up somewhere, but I'm not complaining as long as TJ happens soon.)

Also re-watched Chrno Crusade 1-2 at anime club.

Dark-San
9th April 2006, 11:26 PM
[b][size=3] Is it really 3 weeks? This would mean of course the current filler for Naruto would be the last one. This current filler is so stupid. [color=#333333]Fancy getting your chakara from an extra-terrestrial object.

[b][size=3]I've caught up with Fate Stay Night 14 too. The battle between Archer and Berserker was just too spectacular. However the episode had a sad ending too.[color=#333333] No matter how impressive Archer, he is still no match against the colossal Berserker.

Last Exile
10th April 2006, 04:12 AM
Champloo actually has a good dub. Fuu sounds very similar to the asian voice, Mugen has a badass voice and Jin is composed yet seething underneath.

Dark-San
10th April 2006, 09:17 AM
[b][size=3] The ones from Saikano and Gad Guard that I was got was pretty badly done. Saikano did fared a bit better in terms of dubbing. I can't comment much since I am a fan that is too used to subtitles.

This week I'm pretty caught up with the new episodes. After since the series REC and Shinigami no Ballad ended yesterday, that would make a total of 5 lesser anime for me to watch. Hence I've got myself 5 brand new titles to watch.

I've posted their introduction in the topic, New Releases. Maybe for those dudes who are into the latest anime, you might want to read my introduction of the first episode and the full review at animenfo before you decide if you want to take up that particular episode.

Master of Paradox
10th April 2006, 09:33 AM
Over the weekend I watched the OVA of Read or Die. Hurrah for historical figures nobody would recognize without it! I kid, it's actually quite good... and disturbingly, I've come to realize that I'm a male version of Yumiko Readman without the paper-controlling powers.

Other than that, I'm keeping up on Inuyasha and Chrno Crusade thanks to the magic of cable. Sadly, IY has fallen into another block of filler episodes... the scourge of anime.

Dark-San
10th April 2006, 09:49 AM
[b][size=3] *nods in agreement*

Apparently most of the anime that I've watched regularly had some sort of fallen victim to this latest trend. Filler episodes! One such anime was Naruto. After perhaps like 20 odd weeks of fillers starting from last year August, it seems to end after 3 weeks. That is if Kalya is not wrong about this. If she is wrong, we would still have 23 more weeks to go. (T.T)

Bleach on the other hand had gotten really nonsensical at some point. A creature known as Bounto feeding on spirits and how do that spirit gain enlightenment to proceed to soul society? The current filler is really concradicting itself.

Let hope that all animes would learn from Tsubasa Chornicles. Just end the anime and forget about the fillers. Then we can go on with the second season.

Roarkiller
10th April 2006, 09:52 AM
If not for lack of money and space (especially the LATTER), I'd be Yomiko too. And this even though I shed my bookworm image almost ten years ago. Basically, reading was about the only thing I did when I was a kid. Hell, I read a DICTIONARY from front to back because I was bored.

@Dark: Seriously, if you're not used to the dub of Saikano, I can lend you my DVD set.

Dark Scizor
10th April 2006, 10:28 AM
[b][size=3]I've caught up with Fate Stay Night 14 too. The battle between Archer and Berserker was just too spectacular. However the episode had a sad ending too.[color=#111111] No matter how impressive Archer, he is still no match against the colossal Berserker.

If he'd had more mana, I'm sure he would have killed Beserker a few more times, or even defeated him.

Dark-San
11th April 2006, 08:16 AM
If not for lack of money and space (especially the LATTER), I'd be Yomiko too. And this even though I shed my bookworm image almost ten years ago. Basically, reading was about the only thing I did when I was a kid. Hell, I read a DICTIONARY from front to back because I was bored.

@Dark: Seriously, if you're not used to the dub of Saikano, I can lend you my DVD set.

[size=3][b]Hah! *Shows off his new 250G internal hard drive* ^.^

I'm pretty free off this Friday unless any unforeseen circumstances like last minute project meeting or stuffs. You can pm me to check on my titles.

Back to topic, today's input is much lesser since it is only the start of the week. I've caught up with Marchen Awaken Romance 35 and finished up on the last three episodes of Shakugan no Shana.

Marchen Awaken Romance Episode 35 ending was quite predictable actually. It is a captain match between Ginta and Girumo. Should Ginta lose this one, the whole of the series would to end off. Hence that why Ginta wouldn't lose this one.

<<spoiler>>[color=#232323]He was at a disadvantage earlier into the match taking into account that he had let his anger overcome himself. In the process of this, he has exposed himself to a lot of opening. It is only till mid way into the match, that Babbo knocked some sense into Ginta to make him keep his cool. That proves to be the turning point and Ginta came back from behind to trash Girumo. <</spoiler>>

Roarkiller
13th April 2006, 10:13 PM
Saw Karin up to the latest at ep20. It's a pretty watchable anime, although it follows the usual love storyline too closely. Girl meets guy, girl develops feelings, guy too dumb, problems to prevent relationship.

I think I wrote a summary of this somewhere, but meh. Basically, Karin is about this vampire girl who secretes blood- too much of it- instead of sucking it. And apart from this "mutation", she's pretty much a normal human girl, unlike the typical vampire, to the embarrassment of her family. In comes Kenta, the guy with an overload of her particular taste of blood (every vampire has different tastes, apparently), and she gets... a nosebleed -_-". Oh, and this may be considered spoilers if not for its obviousness, but Karin later falls in love with Kenta (duh), but of course, her being a vampire keeps them apart for the time being.

Dropped Gakuen Heaven the moment I saw the first few seconds. Like how Dark-san saw a Yuri show, I saw a Yaoi show. Maybe Evme might wanna see this instead.

XXXholic looks pretty good. Or at least it has that level of dark theme in it to keep me interested, although the usual level of CLAMP humour is still there.

There's a new anime called Tokko coming out this month, one about murders in Tokyo. I'll catch that when it comes out.

Dark-San
14th April 2006, 02:00 AM
[b][size=3] Well apparently there are sure lots of these stuffs nowadays. Lately another yuri anime came into the anime scene and is fansub by Doremi. Let see what was the title... Hah yes it says here Simoun.

It is the second yuri after Strawberry Panic that got released last week. However compared to the former, this one has battle scenes and we had ladies tongue locking each other in some parts. 0.o"

Roarkiller
15th April 2006, 10:55 PM
If you like Gantz, you'll love Tokko. That's my verdict after reading the first two volumes of the manga. Minus the ecchi (mostly).

Story goes that a secret sect created a box to open a path to the underworld. Unfortunately, things goes bad (as always). After a certain time frame, mass murderes- or mutilations- take place in Tokyo. Five years later, the same events take place again; with a higher frequency. And this time, there's a time limit before the end of the world.

Or so the story goes. Anime's not out yet, but I for one sure as hell will catch this.

In other news, FSN 15 is out. We see some very, uh, interesting scenes and the start of a new battle. But if the preview is anything to show, ep16 is what we should really be looking out for, as Shirou finally reveals the true extent of his powers.

Also saw Karin 21, but it's nothing much.

Dark-San
16th April 2006, 02:40 AM
[b][size=3] The last time I checked Tokko Episode 1 raw version was out. Besides that I too have seen the preview, it mentioned that it was written by the same person that brought us GTO, Great Teacher Onizuka. Looks like we will have fun watching this series.

Fate Stay Night had a new opening theme. There is one thing that puzzles me too? Is it just me or is it that Archer is actually Shiro? I might sound stupid but maybe someone who knows the story better than me, can enlighten me.

Roarkiller
16th April 2006, 02:47 AM
Shirou is definitely not Archer. Period. Besides, the new opening sucks. Previous was at least half decent.

Tokko's release date was the 15th. It's already the 16th, so a raw should of course be already out. My bet places the first sub to be out by 18th.

Dark-San
16th April 2006, 03:07 AM
[b][size=3] Are you very sure on this? <<spoilers>>[color=#232323]In episode 14 when Archer takes on Berserker, during the last part where Archer mentions that Ilya was still so mercliess. Firstly, Archer talks to Ilya as if he had known her before. Secondly only Shiro calls Ilya by this name.

Afterwhich in episode 15, there is a part where Shiro actually creates a bow using his mana.[b][size=3] <</spoilers>> All these hints, are you sure that Archer isn't Shiro? After all the heros in this series are suppose to come from all sort of time line, either ancient, present or future.

Back to the topic, I've consolidated all the new releases and the below- mentioned are the titles.

1) Kiba
2) Strawberry Panic
3) Utawarerumono
4) Nana
5) Air Gear
6) XXXholic
7) Disgaea
8) Simoun
9) Soul Link

The one missing on the list is Tsubasa Chorincles Season 2. For those looking forward to Yuri, I would personally recommend Strawberry Panic instead of Simoun. Strawberry Panic is more on a high school plot while Simoun is on an all female kingdom at war with other nations.

*Edit~ Added spoilers tag. Bad me =(

Roarkiller
17th April 2006, 02:10 AM
Very sure. Besides, there's no Servant that exists from the future. In the game (not a spoiler), the servants are supposed to be DEAD before they can become a servant, with only one exception, >>which is Saber. Besides, your "clues" fall flat in the face. Archer has seen Illya and Berseker in action before (or Rin told him about Shirou's fight with them in ep4), and don't forget that Shirou is a member of the Archery club, so of course he can create a bow. In fact, if anything, it's the only weapon he would think of using, since it's the only one he has practise with besides a sword with Saber.<<

Besides, Shirou sucks at fighting.

Saw XXXHolic ep2. IMO the series is a wee bit less dark than the manga, but who knows, maybe it'll change in the future. Anyway, the theme this time is about "lying". It follows this kind of pattern for pretty much the whole series, for those who don't follow the manga, so you could say it's a very toned-down version of Paranoia Agent.

Tokko and TRC is still not out yet. Damn. But at least the final episode for Tales of Phantasia is. There's one series I can wrap up.

Dark-San
17th April 2006, 10:06 AM
[b][size=3] Just wondering if anybody had caught up with the new release, Kiba? IMO, it is the third above average series from the above mentioned list (the other being Air Gear and XXXholic) that is worth watching now.

It is pretty much into episode 3 at the moment and it follows closely to the summons guardian genric plot.

Inferno_Dragon
19th April 2006, 11:02 PM
I rarely venture outside of the Fanfiction and Interaction Boards, but I thought I would spread my posts diversely.

I just finished watching the last episode of Sadamitsu the Destroyer. I think that has to my favorite anime so far. Sure, it isn't that long but it is awesome. My favorite character is Rulon, the motorcycle-shaped Ryukeitai which is obsessed with speed.

I am also continuing to watch the Godannar series. I am just starting to watch the rest of the second season. It is a hillarious robot anime that has a bunch of quirks.

I have seen a lot more. I am still getting used to anime. Before, I was still unknown in the dark. But more and more I am getting used to the whole anime world. I even have several (and I mean several anime series on Netflix.) It might take a while but I will get through all of them eventually.

Roarkiller
19th April 2006, 11:18 PM
Saw the last episode of Tales of Phantasia. IMO not as exciting as I thought it would be, bu quite a bit of development happened, so I guess I can settle with that.

Saw .hack//Roots and Tokko, both new releases. For Roots, meh. Looks like the typical gameplay. At least I can give them credit for upgrading the game version and make it look more modern and realistic. Tokko, well... not as much gore as I thought it would have, but then it's only the first episode, so I guess there should be more to come. Good enough development, so there's a plus.

For Roots, the basic storyline is about this guy called Haseo. He just started playing on that day, yet he already has been almost player-killed (think Sora), saved by some mysterious guy, and has everybody hunting him.

Tokko has slightly more development. We see the story behind Shindou and his sister, and the Tokko section's mystery growing. And yeah, some massacre, no biggie though. At least not compared to Elfen Lied it isn't.

Dark-San
20th April 2006, 08:25 AM
I rarely venture outside of the Fanfiction and Interaction Boards, but I thought I would spread my posts diversely.

[b][size=3] Welcome to Other Anime and Manga, dude. Hope you enjoy your time here.

I have seen a lot more. I am still getting used to anime. Before, I was still unknown in the dark. But more and more I am getting used to the whole anime world. I even have several (and I mean several anime series on Netflix.) It might take a while but I will get through all of them eventually.

[b][size=3] Well you better get used to it soon. The reason being that unlike the past, the present animes covers more spectrum and genre. From gore to romance to actions, modern animes have it all. However most of the time, you will find us here discussing about the more recent animes. If you want to open up a delicated topic on a particular anime you would like to introduce to the whole members here, you can feel free to do so. However do remember to tag a discussion tag at the topic. ^.^

Back to the topic, I got bored yesterday and tried out two episodes of Disgaea. Though the title might sound mysterious, trust me do not try to watch that series unless you are seriously into kiddish stuffs. The story starts with an apprentice angel meeting up with a demon prince. Somehow fate plays along with them and they are now in a journey together. Expects lots of humours and also pokemon like 'Team Rocket is blasting off again' villians.

Tokko was good. At least it is one that offers surprising more development aspect than the rest of the new titles like Roarkiller had mentioned. Roarkiller had failed to leak a bit of insider information to make things a little more interesting. <<spoilers>> [color=#333333]The so-called mystery section of Tokko talks of the members killing their criminals (usually non- humans) using a katana. Hence yes, they are armed with both pistol and katana. Nothing great else of the group was further discussed after this. [b][size=3]<</spoilers>>

Roarkiller
20th April 2006, 09:14 PM
Tsk tsk. When revealing insider info, make it accurate. >>From the manga, the only weapon they use are blades, never guns. Even the girl (not telling her name, haha) said that guns are pretty much useless.

I say blades, because while it's true that they use katana-like swords, it's not a katana. And best yet, one of them uses a blade that looks NOTHING like your everyday sword. Hint: think Mortal Combat. And no, these blades aren't given to them i.e. they aren't MADE (hee hee).<<

EDIT: Three days later, no stuff, so I'll just edit this in.

Caught a new anime simply because it sounded stupid. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi is what it's called, and the first episode is dedicated solely to make you laugh for you to watch the next episode, which by right is the first episode. Or so it goes. Anyway, it's an anime about this girl who "has no interest in normal humans, only those with supernatural powers".

Kohdok
24th April 2006, 10:44 AM
I got a bunch:

Doki-Doki School Hours
Futari-wa Precure (Arienai!)
Trinity Blood (For a juxtoposition)
Aria the Animation (Shiawase...)
Karin (Known by the title "Chibi Vampire" in America. Stupid, stupid TokyoPop. Good series, though. They also couldn't tell that Yuna Kagesaki is a woman. Oh dear...)
UFO Princess Walkure (Or 'Valkyrie', to clear some things up)
To Heart
Comic Party.

Most of these I picked up in my three months in Japan. Doki Doki School Hours is the only one I got in the states. If anyone wants to know about any of these, feel free to PM me.

As for Karin, trust me, the Manga is WAY better than the Anime (Which is often true). The anime, in my opinion (At least for the episodes I've seen) seems rather over-done compared to the Manga. I didn't really like it as much. I've already picked up volume 1 of Tokyopop's translations (After puking at the new title they gave it. It's gonna go the same way as Girl Got Game, I fear). I've found a couple of mistakes, but nothing too severe, aside from replacing "You don't understand" (From the Original) to "I really have to go" (In the translation.)

Aria. One of the best Mangas ever that never really took off in America. It's not violent, sexy or even stereotypically romantic. It takes place in Neo-Venezia where a girl, Akari Mizunashi, is training to become a gondolier (Or "Undine" as the manga dubs them). Very sweet and gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling at the end. They neglected to do the prequel, Aqua, when they translated it for America, but it's actually a little more refreshing to go back and read up on th past before going on. They're up to volume 8 of Aria (With 2 volumes of Aqua) in Japan right now as far as I know. The anime stays farily true to the Manga, though they changed some things and blended others to help quicken the pace.

EVme15
24th April 2006, 07:28 PM
One of these days I'll catch up on all the DVDs I got... for Christmas...

I've been behind on Naruto, though, just watched 178 and 179 this week. Nothing special, something about a star and yeah... filler. And stupid filler peoples took my idea for an AU fanfic I'm writing. D:< lol

I LOVE the new ending theme, though. It's "Yellow Moon", by Akeboshi, the same ones who did the first ending, "Wind".
And Re:member is kinda cool, too. It's by FLOW, who did the fourth opening "GO!!!". Something about it feels like Rewrite, the fourth FMA opening...

But anyway, yeah, aren't the fillers ending really soon finally?

Prof. Jb Wolf
24th April 2006, 08:47 PM
Very sure. Besides, there's no Servant that exists from the future. In the game (not a spoiler), the servants are supposed to be DEAD before they can become a servant, with only one exception, >>[which is Saber. Besides, your "clues" fall flat in the face. Archer has seen Illya and Berseker in action before (or Rin told him about Shirou's fight with them in ep4), and don't forget that Shirou is a member of the Archery club, so of course he can create a bow. In fact, if anything, it's the only weapon he would think of using, since it's the only one he has practise with besides a sword with Saber.[/color]<<

Besides, Shirou sucks at fighting.

I don't normaly post here, but I just thought I'd help clarify this. While its true in order to be a Servant, the hero/mythical figure in question must be dead SPOILERas 'heroic spirits' they exist outside of the timestream and can be called upon no matter when they died. Archer is in fact Emiya Shirou who is an anomaly among 'heroic spirits': he choose to become one rather than become one due to fame and power. /SPOILER

So as not to let this be a totally off-topic - I've recently picked up School Rumble Nigakki or School Rumble 2nd Term. Its just as enjoyable, if not more so then the original series. The survival game had me in hysterics half the time. If your looking for an over the top, character-driven, school life series, this is definitely one to pick up.

Roarkiller
24th April 2006, 10:27 PM
I never saw info on the relation between Archer and Shirou when I searched for info on the game. Meh.

I never read Aria the manga, but I have read Karin. IMO they toned down the anime from the manga, and I only like the manga better because I don't have to listen to her crying "Iyaaa!" everytime she gets a nosebleed. But otherwise, they're both pretty enjoyable on their own.

Well, Karin is at ep22 so far, so I guess it's ending soon. On Aria, personally I prefer Animation to Natural. Animation seems more... natural (pardon the pun).

And nice to see someone watching To Heart, I thought I was the only one. Which reminds me, I need to get To Heart 2, which I just found out is NOT Remember my Memories :rolleyes:

Dark-San
25th April 2006, 10:27 AM
[b][size=3] You dudes seems to have something to watch this past week. However for my case though I have caught some titles, I have a relatively quiet week. The releases were limited and even though there are others with fansub, there is nothing to chat about regarding that episode.

If this goes on, I would have to end up going back watching the raw version of anime days again.

Kohdok
25th April 2006, 10:33 AM
I never saw info on the relation between Archer and Shirou when I searched for info on the game. Meh.

I never read Aria the manga, but I have read Karin. IMO they toned down the anime from the manga, and I only like the manga better because I don't have to listen to her crying "Iyaaa!" everytime she gets a nosebleed. But otherwise, they're both pretty enjoyable on their own.

Well, Karin is at ep22 so far, so I guess it's ending soon. On Aria, personally I prefer Animation to Natural. Animation seems more... natural (pardon the pun).

And nice to see someone watching To Heart, I thought I was the only one. Which reminds me, I need to get To Heart 2, which I just found out is NOT Remember my Memories :rolleyes:

Indeed it is not. I have the first volume of the Manga, but didn't pick up the anime or game. The characters are actually quite different from the others.

I have the first disc of the Original series and Remember my Memories, however. I've also cleared the three volumes of manga written by Ukyou (They stopped one volume short of the conclusion in the US, can you believe it?! And the ending is so CUTE!) While I was there, i picked up four volumes of the "Comic anthology", which is entirely Dojinshi (including one by the current writer of the To Heart 2 manga)

You haven't read Aria? Man, you're missing so much, then!

Roarkiller
26th April 2006, 11:58 PM
Saw Suzumiya Harumi ep4. Or I think it's ep4. The thing abour this series is that it literally jumps around a lot. I think. Suddenly there's this guy who just appears in the show with no intro. And supposedly he's in the club. And supposedly he also knows the 'secret'. No explanation.

Someone with actual knowledge on this series please explain. I know it's easy to get lost with all the seriously hyper humour in the series, but please take your time is finding out the plot and storyline. If there's one.

Yeah.

In other news, watched Angel's Tail. Completed the 1st season, now watching the 2nd. Just your typical a-dozen-girls-after-a-boy series, where the girls are Guardian Angel reincarnations of his pets (12 total). Kinda like Sister Princess.

Inferno_Dragon
29th April 2006, 02:14 PM
I just watched the first episode of Patlabor in Anime Club. I saw it a couple weeks ago on AZN. When I watched first episode, I knew that I saw part of the series before and I was right. It looks like an interesting anime. (Well, anything with Giant Robots is an interesting anime series.)

Dark-San
29th April 2006, 08:01 PM
[b][size=3] Naruto the movie came out last night. Hence I was wondering if anybody had seen the movie yet? Original story plot and exciting shinobi skills displayed. Yeah, Gara and gang is back. ^.^ It now gives the fans a whole new meaning to watch the series again. *Glares at the fillers*

Hey anybody here catches Prince of Tennis? Apparently, they had started on their championship season and the first team that they faced off against was from Okinwana. Echizen is back after a stint at the US Open. Hence we would be glad to view the upcoming episodes to see if his skills had any improvements.

I just found out that Ah my goddess second season came out a moment ago. It seems like it is like after 6 years since the last series. Whoa, what a long wait.

Edit* Episode 1 of the new season is out for Tsubasa Chorincles. Shaoran and Sakura is back for a new season... *Celebrates*

Roarkiller
30th April 2006, 11:30 PM
And I'll be the first to report on the new season. First, the summary, no major spoilers.

Sakura and gang arrived in Piffle World, a technologically advanced country, kinda like like your typical 2300 version of earth. The location of the feather is already known, and all that's left is to win it in a race.

That's the basics of it. On to the spoilers, with a small complaint.

Supposedly, Piffle Country continues after the country with that floating temple, which leaves us wondering where the bird cage country in the movie is supposed to happen. The race is a flying race, and as most CLAMP fans will already suspect, the main character in the country is Tomoyo (with a name like Piffle? Duh). The race ends successfully, but with almost all ships damaged due to sabotage.

But what I really wanna know is, in the country with the floating temple that grants anyone's wishes, there is supposed to be Fye's feared enemy, Ashura, who gets a brief cameo flashback in the new season. I'm guessing that the country after piffle will introduce us to this Ashura, and Yasha (Ashura's female partner of sorts). This should be on top of the list of to-do episodes, since we've seen enough of the other three's history, but not Fye's.

Why I say this is because in the manga, the story has only progressed so far as to reach the country AFTER Piffle. Which means the moment the anime is done with Piffle, it'll be up to speed with the manga already. And trust me, a whole volume in this new country is dedicated solely on Kuragane's memories only, so I guess we'll be preparing to watch quite a lot of fillers, or the producers coming up with their own adventures not in the manga.

Karin's about to end, and the final subbed episode should be out by the end of the week, so maybe I'll post a full summary about the series. Only question would be whether I do ti here or in a separate thread.

Inferno_Dragon
3rd May 2006, 08:03 PM
I justed watch the first part (well at least the first part) of Karas. Man, I couldn't tell you what I saw. It does have cool animation but I was totally lost in the plot. I did look up what OVA meant because I never knew what it was or never asked anybody. But that anime was totally weird that it blew past anything I have seen before. Even though I still don't understand what was happening, I am still interested to watch the rest of it.

Dark-San
5th May 2006, 10:50 PM
[b][size=3] I've never heard of the anime, Karas, before. What genre does the series contains?

I was wondering if anyone here had caught up with Black Jack 21? It is an interesting series which talks about an unliscened doctor who goes around saving people but at a high price. The methods of surgery he uses were questionable.

It has a pretty catchy plot. So for those who are really bored, this anime might suit you.

Last Exile
9th May 2006, 10:12 PM
Karas is futuristic apocalyptic tyrannical action/horror featuring 3D CGI animation.

Mum finally fixed computer, I finally got new player and codecs and covertly isntaleed them = anime's back

Fate/Stay Night 1-3: I'm in love. Saber....*dreaming*

Roarkiller
10th May 2006, 09:35 PM
Karas is futuristic apocalyptic tyrannical action/horror featuring 3D CGI animation.

Mum finally fixed computer, I finally got new player and codecs and covertly isntaleed them = anime's back

Fate/Stay Night 1-3: I'm in love. Saber....*dreaming*

Karas sounds nice. Lately the only goth shit I've been watching is Jigoku Shoujo, up to ep 15. Granted, the storyline is great and all, but I've been wanting to watch Tokko.

Btw Ryan... wanna see a real cute pic of Saber? It'll make you fall in love thrice over.

*cough*

Anyway, apart from Jigoku Shoujo, also saw The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. This may be a little spoiler, but just for those watching and STILL clueless, the show is NOT shown in proper sequence. Here's the sequence with it's proper numbering:

Ep1: Still unknown
Ep2: ep1
EP3: ep2
Ep4: ep7
Ep5: ep3
Ep6: ep9
Ep7: ep8

So basically, to even make any sense of this series, you have to have all the episodes, then watch it in the right order. The right order happens to be announced by Haruhi in the preview, while Kyon announce the official episode numbering. Had to watch up to ep4 to realise that.

Currently acquiring GITS:SAC2 and Bleach season1.

Dark-San
12th May 2006, 11:38 AM
Btw Ryan... wanna see a real cute pic of Saber? It'll make you fall in love thrice over.

[size=3][b] I have more pictures from where that come from including the infamous gif which shows Sable being one of the Rozen Maiden doll. Sable isn't all that cute, I do somehow find Rin or even Sakura more appealing.

Just wondering if anybody here had caught on the recent anime series, Ouran High School Host Club? I just caught the recent first two episode released by Lunar. Hey it is quite fun to watch especially the scene when the president of that club somehow mistaken the main character for a guy when 'he' is actually a she. The overall purpose of the club was set up to entertain the ladies in that particular predigious high school. The real highlight of the anime was also the fact on <<spoilers>>[color=#333333] how the main character got into this mess when she broke a vase worth eight million yens and had to work her way in the club to repay the debt. [b][size=3]<</spoilers>>

Another anime that I had recently finished up was Hanaukyo Maid-Tai "La Verite". I must say the remake of the popular eechi series Hanaukyo Maid fared better than its 1999 predecessor. The story plot closely remains the same. However they put in a different twist to the ending this time round.

Last Exile
13th May 2006, 01:42 AM
I want every single picture of Saber and Rin that the two of you have. :)

Gonna start watching Melody soon. It's twisted and good.

I recommend Ergo Proxy. This is damn good.

Dark-San
13th May 2006, 07:11 AM
[b][size=3] If you want I can open up a sticky topic, only for the members here to post all of Fate/Stay night pictures in. ^.^ If not an offical Sable/ Rin/ Sakura club will also do just nice.

I just catch up on the series that I had been watching sometime back. Blood + had taken an unexpected twist with the introduction of the Sifs. <<spoilers>>[color=#333333] Sifs are man- made Chiropteran and their objective was to kill and obtained Saya's blood in order for them to survive. Apparently little did they know that they were created from Diva's blood so hence Saya's blood would only be of nothing but poison to them. [b][size=3]<</spoilers>>

Air Gear had seen a much improved Ikki challenging other teams to AT battles. <<spoilers>>[color=#333333]Though he had backing from the legendary AT team, The Sleeping Forest, he still decides to form his own team. His current class now is 'E' rank. With the additional factor that Spit Fire taunted him and also his determination, it is only a matter of time he will rise to 'A' class. [b][size=3]<</spoilers>>

Last Exile
14th May 2006, 10:28 PM
I 110% condone any topic for posting Fate/Stay Night Pictures. ^^

Roarkiller
15th May 2006, 10:52 AM
I 110% condone any topic for posting Fate/Stay Night Pictures. ^^

Speaking of which, I thought we had a function that allows attachments in our post? When was that taken out?

Dark-San
18th May 2006, 05:18 AM
[b][size=3] Not that I know of...

Anyway, apart from Jigoku Shoujo, also saw The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. This may be a little spoiler, but just for those watching and STILL clueless, the show is NOT shown in proper sequence. Here's the sequence with it's proper numbering:

Ep1: Still unknown
Ep2: ep1
EP3: ep2
Ep4: ep7
Ep5: ep3
Ep6: ep9
Ep7: ep8

So basically, to even make any sense of this series, you have to have all the episodes, then watch it in the right order. The right order happens to be announced by Haruhi in the preview, while Kyon announce the official episode numbering. Had to watch up to ep4 to realise that.

[b][size=3] Damn, I should have watched your review earlier before downloading the anime. I was totally confused over the sequence of the episodes. Is this a new style that they are adapting in order to gain attention?

Roarkiller
19th May 2006, 10:30 PM
I don't think so. One group is translating the novels the anime was based on, an apparently it's all happening in perfect timely order. My guess is that the whole story being messed up in the first place, they probably thought they should mess up the rest of the show while they're at it. I mean seriously. Look at that last sequence in the ending. That is just so wrong.

Anyway, I get the feeling that while the sequence seems strange in the beginning, they seem to follow-up the previous ones. As in you see an episode where you get totally lost, but the next episode most of it gets explained to you (albeit bringing with it even more questions), even if the sequence in wrong in the first place.

Keep this up and I'll have to expand my list of "Top 3 least understandable anime" to Top 4.

Dark-San
20th May 2006, 11:09 AM
[b][size=3] In fact, Azumanga Daiyoh is one anime that really ranks the first in that list of yours. Haruhi would comes close second.

Tokko 4 finally saw the confirmation from the Tokko department that Shindou-kun is a mixed breed. In fact, I was really surprised when that tattoo on his right arm emits a shield that protects him from the parasites. However this episode left me with further doubts when it ended. The ancient alchemists, the parasites' relation to the forensic department and lastly what exactly is Number 12?

Last Exile
24th May 2006, 07:25 PM
I found out yesterday that the first episode of Melancholy is actually episode 13. :O

Roarkiller
24th May 2006, 08:50 PM
I found out yesterday that the first episode of Melancholy is actually episode 13. :O

Really? Cool, now that clears one thing for the series. I must say though, it's a fitting way to start the anime. If it had started with the original 1st ep, it would be just another comedy series. Kudos to whoever thought of this.

But it being ep13 would mean the series doesn't follow the same timeline as the novel. In the novel, the school festival should happen just before their trip to the remote island.

Ah well.

Saffire Persian
25th May 2006, 04:50 PM
o_0... What kind of Animé is this "Melancholy" anyway? I'm curious.

As to what I watched this week, I've actually been watching the Dubs and Subs of Eureka SeveN - it's interesting to see the difference.. and the dubs aren't half bad.

I also finally got my hands on a Subbed Episode 22 of Noein - good show, worth checking out. And I've been meaning to watch Azumanga Daioh (my online friends are demanding it) on Youtube during the next few days.

o.o I've also been watching reruns of Fantastic Children (Best Animé ever!...) from the CDs that I burned with it on.

Roarkiller
25th May 2006, 10:29 PM
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Harumi.

The general plot is about a girl who has the god-like powers, literally. Basically she can destroy and recreate the world from scratch, create anything out of nothing, that sort of stuff.

Thing is, she doesn't know it herself, so it's up to an alien, a time-traveller and an ESPer, along with "the chosen one" to stop her from doing uber damage to the current world.

And a side note, she's also an ass.

The X factor for the show is that they're not being shown in order, namely the episode order is jumbled up and shown at random. The next episode, officially ep10, is actually ep14, for instance.

Inferno_Dragon
26th May 2006, 09:56 PM
I justed watched the second volume of Cromartie High School. I saw the first one and laughed. This second volume is just hillarious. I mean there is a story but it is kind of hard to tell what is going on. Even the episodes are confusing, but a good confusing. The last episode of the volume was about puppets. It is a good series. True, it is a bit confusing at times, but the weird episodes and characters make it a riot.

Dark-San
26th May 2006, 11:43 PM
[b][size=3] Anyone saw WitchBlade yet? I just got two episodes of the anime yesterday and had watched the first episode. It seems to be drawn and directed by a Japanese. However instinct-wise, the story plot does not seems to be originated from Japan. This action series seems to be americianised in some way, can anyone confirm it?

Roarkiller
27th May 2006, 08:24 AM
Only new anime worth mentioning would be the newly released FMP:TSR OVA. Just some light humour on Tessa looking for her teddy.

With some serious fanservice early in the beginning.

EDIT: Finally got round to watching Tsubasa Chronicle 29-30. As I had expected, the new season should be mostly dimensions not mentioned in the manga.

kawaiispinel
27th May 2006, 11:25 PM
[b][size=3] Anyone saw WitchBlade yet? I just got two episodes of the anime yesterday and had watched the first episode. It seems to be drawn and directed by a Japanese. However instinct-wise, the story plot does not seems to be originated from Japan. This action series seems to be americianised in some way, can anyone confirm it?

I seem to recall there being an American TV series called WitchBlade that was out years ago. I could be wrong though, but it seems familiar somehow.

Anyway, as for what I've been watching... I rewatched the entire series of Chrono Crusade this weekend. I know the anime gets a bad rap for raping the canon of the manga and being just generally bad compared to it's original form, but I like it as a stand-alone piece... Plus, I'm rather fond of the dub. There's just something special about it, particularly in all the little details that ADV put into it that most dubbing companies wouldn't have bothered with. (The authentic 20's slang, for example.)

Dark-San
30th May 2006, 09:44 AM
[b][size=3] Yes, it is confirmed being adapted from an Americian series origin. However the setting this time round is set in New World Japan, a period after the last time, they survived a major earthquake that happened more than six years ago. Not adding onto the spoilers but after watching two episodes, I say that this anime is worth my time watching. Putting actions scenes aside, I would say that the viewer might get more than what he/she would bargain for. Since this series added in the mother/ daugther relationship, it somehow relates me to Air TV. Though the latter was more famous for that genre.

FMP the second raid's OVA was gay. I thought it was more of actions but turns out to be a comedy. -_-" However whatever it is, I still love the part where Tessa tastes the cooking from one of her subordinate. That scene was priceless.

Oh and I was expecting Prince of Tennis, the championship series, episode two and three to be out this week. When they come out, I will wait for the perfect moment to rewatch episode one again with these new two episodes.

A piece of advice, kawaiispinel. Chrno Crusade was one of the best series I had watched but I still could not accept the fact that evil had trimuph all the good in the anime. Luckily upon Last Exile's advice that I caught up on the manga, if not I would be condemning this series as if there is no tomorrow.

kawaiispinel
30th May 2006, 11:06 AM
Oh, I read the manga. I read it religiously. I just don't compare it to the anime. In my opinion, it is the better of the two, but I always lean towards anime in general for some reason.

As for what I've watched this week... Well, boredom overtook me and I decided to rewatch all of Wolf's Rain. Now there's a somewhat depressing ending to an otherwise great anime series...

Dark-San
30th May 2006, 11:14 AM
Oh, I read the manga. I read it religiously. I just don't compare it to the anime. In my opinion, it is the better of the two, but I always lean towards anime in general for some reason.

[b][size=3]Well of course, animes has moving graphics while the manga are still pictures. Fans usually move from mangas to animes but it seems my case is the other way round.

Roy Karrde
30th May 2006, 03:10 PM
Just finished Full Moon wo Sagashite English Episode 1. Some of the voices are good such as the Grandmother, and Mitsuki's voice is okay. On the other hand, Madoka, Takuto, and Meroko need ALOT of work. Takuto who is voiced by Jeffrey Watson is very very flat in his delivery, and I have alot of doubt that he can pull off the very emotional Takuto we see later on. Meroko sounds just like Misty, infact it is basically the same voice as Misty. Madoka who gets a few lines sounds very very flat and very generic for what is supposed to be a scheming evil character, and the delivery like most of the show, just comes off very flat.

On the other hand I am glad they left in the Intro and Extro, along with the Eyecatches, and all of the songs by Myco. Over all I give it a 6/10 for the very bad voice acting in some scenes.

Last Exile
30th May 2006, 10:48 PM
Ergo Proxy 1-4: Good stuff. Clinical, spine-chilling material. The future for humanity could very well be this nightmare. Lil is an absolute fox in her goth style clothes. This has the best themes of any anime I've seen before.

Bleach 51: I hereby abandon Bleach for eternity. This series has been destroyed by the animators and reduced to mere craptacular filler that amounts to something meaningful for an average of 30 seconds per episode. For a series that was so good in the 1st arc, the Soul Society arc has proved to be an absolute dud.

Ghost In The Shell 2nd GIG 21: The action has finally returned to this series. One of the best hand-to-hand fight scenes I've seen in anime between Batou and Kazu. Things are definitely spiralling out of control for both sides. After a lull midway thanks to episodes bogged in theological ramblings, this series has found its niche once more. There's a twist that is bound to reveal itself very soon, looking forward to seeing how Section 9 come out of this now that civil war is imminent.

Roarkiller
1st June 2006, 08:25 AM
I dunno, I find the Soul Society arc to be pretty okay. Compared to the Bount arc, that is. This arc is crap.

New anime would be Suzumiya Haruhi ep9/14. I won't give spoilers other than it ebing title "Someday in the rain" and the fact that it looks more like something that goes on on a daily basis in the brigade, but I'm seeing signs of suspected romance materialising (although I already suspected this from the too-many-to-count clues).

Blood+ is having a serious backlag, and so is hack//roots and To Heart 2, but I'll watch the latest Aria ep8 first, me thinks.

Last Exile
1st June 2006, 07:53 PM
@Roar: But it's so farking long! It takes 20 episodes just to get to point 1, another 10 to get to point 2, then another 10 to wrap up. Sorry but I can't waffle through 37 episodes of filler just to hit 3 episodes that mean something. Plus all these characters aside from the original gang piss me off to no end. Plus those music themes are so goddamn awful, my ears almost bleed from them. And as for Blood+, another overlong and drawn-out travesty.

And you're actually putting up with hack//roots?! Why? Everything Bee Train touches turns to crap. ><

Out of apathy over the current state of anime, I've reverted to rewatching Last Exile, Evangelion and Witch Hunter Robin. At least I can rely on Last Exile to heal my soul.

As for Evangelion, finally figured that series out. Forget the mechs, 2nd Impact, the Instrumentality Project. It's all about people, their weaknesses and the fears that we all share deep within us. The series is Shinji finally growing some sort of spine and not being an emo fag forever. The movie is him failing to come to this conclusion despite taking a similar retrospective path on what has been. Either way, even Spike Spencer thinks Shinji is a bloody loser. He really pained over what he had to voice for Shiniji in the latter parts. He really didn't like it at all.

Roarkiller
3rd June 2006, 08:21 AM
As for Evangelion, finally figured that series out. Forget the mechs, 2nd Impact, the Instrumentality Project. It's all about people, their weaknesses and the fears that we all share deep within us. The series is Shinji finally growing some sort of spine and not being an emo fag forever. The movie is him failing to come to this conclusion despite taking a similar retrospective path on what has been. Either way, even Spike Spencer thinks Shinji is a bloody loser. He really pained over what he had to voice for Shiniji in the latter parts. He really didn't like it at all.

Wow, took you long enough.

Bleach to me is just another mindless anime, and the only reason I watch it is for the fighting scenes and whatever little storyline there is.

Blood, I dunno, cuz I hven't watched it far enough. Hack//roots is just smthng to pass the time. The original Sign has a nice storyline to me, and Liminality was okay, although I dropped Dusk like a hot potato.

IMO the hack series is full of philosophy bullcrap, and I happen to like that :lol:

Last Exile
3rd June 2006, 09:01 AM
Watch GITS for philosophy crap. it's FAR BETTER!

Roarkiller
3rd June 2006, 09:05 PM
Watch GITS for philosophy crap. it's FAR BETTER!

Watch-E-D.

Anyway, FSN 22's out. Not finished on my side tho, I'll tell you about it some time later.

Dark-San
5th June 2006, 11:48 AM
@Roar: And as for Blood+, another overlong and drawn-out travesty.

[b][size=3] Blood plus seems to be pretty okay for me at the moment. At least it shows the humane side of Saya (She regretting what she had did in Vietnam) and further more with the recent death of Riku and the introduction of the Sifs, it would only lead to a very interesting finale. Rumours had put to us that the whole season would be ending at episode forty.

Anyway, FSN 22's out. Not finished on my side tho, I'll tell you about it some time later.

[b][size=3] Yeah, I just only got back about half an hour ago. After checking on the net, I found out that I have a further 12 episodes of different series to catch up after around five days of absence and deprived of a decent internet connection abroad.

EVme15
5th June 2006, 08:26 PM
I go to Anime Boston, and all I come back with is five episodes of Naruto filler, the first two episodes of Bleack, and the first two episodes of Mai-HiME.

I really need to get my hands on a good series, and then actually get the time to watch it. *sigh*

Roarkiller
5th June 2006, 09:35 PM
Spoilers >> Lancer's master is announced as Kirei, and Gilgamesh's mysterious continued existence is revealed. Supposedly, if the master still has a command spell left after the war, he can make his servant remain.

Oh, and Lancer's pretty pissed at knowing he isn't Kirei's only servant. <<Spoilers

In other news, Bleach82 is out. FYI I haven't watched a single ep after the Soul Society arc. I think I'll catch up with Blood first, seeing as to how I'm already up to speed with every other series.

Chaotic Heavens
6th June 2006, 02:15 AM
Week of June 4th:

Initial D 4th Stage (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=1724) - Action, Cars - Been months since it's been out on DVD, but finally found the time to watch it all. The storyline was a little lacking, but of course, the racing scenes were better. Soundtracks were disappointing; poor selection of Eurobeat. :/

Natural2 -Duo- - Hentai - Let's just say it was your average hentai. Does not live up to the game though. Oh well.

And I wish I could watch some of the newer stuff like Tsubasa and A!MG season 2, but I just can't seem to find the time. Galaxy Angel Season 4 has been put on hold for almost a year. How do you people have the time to watch everything? :confused:

[b][size=3]Edit~ Linky from adult content removed.
Response: Shouldn't be a problem as the link only works if you have a AniDB account that allows the viewing of mature content. Touché.

Roarkiller
6th June 2006, 03:05 AM
How do you people have the time to watch everything? :confused:

Apart from the fact that I'm still looking for work, watching one episode a day would hardly stress anyone's daily schedule. Hell, with an hour of free time, you could squeeze in three.

Last Exile
6th June 2006, 05:07 AM
Or watch it when you would watch TV or play games.

Dark-San
6th June 2006, 06:42 AM
[b][size=3] Well that is when you would have to sacrifise your beauty sleep in order to catch up on your favourite series. It is impossible to watch everything but it is still within human means to watch most of them. At the moment I am currently watching around twenty different series, most of them being the latest. I have time for them all despite my part time studies and military commitments because I plan my schedule perfectly. In short it is all about time management.

@RK ~ Bro, I believe you have forgotten to stress that Kirei was not the true master of Lancer. In fact, Lancer's true master was killed before the episode which he confronted Archer and Rin.

Anyway enough blabbering from my part, just want to let you dudes know that Nana should considered as one of 2006's most watchable anime. If you have enough of fantasy series then Nana would be the remedy. It is straight down to earth, yet interesting and the story plot quite close to realism. It is currently released till episode eight. I would suggest the everyone to watch it even though the fact that this anime was meant to cater for the female audience instead.

Inferno_Dragon
8th June 2006, 11:16 PM
I just finished watching the rest of the Cromartie High School Series. I don't what makes it so funny but even though there is no direct plot (well at least I can't see an actual plot.), it does have mini-plot lines in each episode. The funny part is the last part of the episode paradises almost about the whole series.

I also watched all four episodes of Gun Sword in Anime Club. It is an interesting series about a tuxedo wearing man with a strange sword and a interesting Armor. Not to mention the girl is interesting too what with her one bullet gun and her strange looking turtle. I also saw a preview for an anime that looks like it is cross between Naruto and Pokemon.

Roarkiller
16th June 2006, 03:56 AM
ATTENTION: The next episode of Suzumiya Haruhi will feature an episode that follows the right numbering. you have been warned.

In other news, the writer has finally started watching FMA and has just finished up t0 ep9.

Blood+ up to ep15, and the real relationship between Saya and Hagi, while not exactly confirmed, could cause her brothers to tear their hair out.

Or at least I would if Saya was my sister.

Saffire Persian
16th June 2006, 11:14 PM
Well, I just watched up to Episode Twelve of Ergo Proxy. That is one cool suspense/mystery animé that reminds me of the more futuristic movies going around nowadays. Still, very creepy. o.0 And I keep reading stuff about Neon Genesis Evangelion, but have been very hesitant to watch that. According to my friend, "it wrecks havoc with your mind".

Dark-San
16th June 2006, 11:33 PM
[b][size=3] The whole relationship thingy at Blood + is not that complicated compared to what you have thought out to be. Blood +'s plot has been dragging for quite sometime already and I wish they could just end everything quick. The recent plot has not been that impressive lately.

Another thing to add is that Ouran High School Host Club has been stupider than usual. The rest of the club members for the first time step into Haruhi's apartment and have been acting like idoits already. I do not blame them since they are from weathly family and most likely will never get a chance to live a life like Haruhi do. Hey and also a spoiler, it seems like Haruhi's dad is a okama 0.o"

Roarkiller
17th June 2006, 08:34 AM
And I keep reading stuff about Neon Genesis Evangelion, but have been very hesitant to watch that. According to my friend, "it wrecks havoc with your mind".

Not really. Contrary to people talking about the series being complicated, it's actually not. At least not until you get to the very end, then you have to watch the movies to be able to comprehend a little bit better.

Besides, Ayanami's cute :P

EDIT: To include the final episode of FSN. It's commendable, to say the least. >>Shirou suddenly gains incredible powers because of his "belief in justice and in Saber", and like so many shows, both Saber and Shirou conjurred up Avalon at exactly the same time, and gave them both incredible powers. (That, or Kotomine "suddenly" became too surprised and became lax. Typical.)

Best part would probably be when Saber finally let her hair down.<< Ryan should hurry and see it, or maybe you'd like me to get a screenshot and upload it somewhere?

Dark-San
30th June 2006, 06:35 AM
[b][size=3] You mean the part when she got laid down to rest by one of her man and she orders him to destroy the famous sword? The part of her just closing her eyes as she dies is really the 'must see' ending by most fans.

Saffire Persian
30th June 2006, 11:34 AM
You mean the part when she got laid down to rest by one of her man and she orders him to destroy the famous sword? The part of her just closing her eyes as she dies is really the 'must see' ending by most fans.

^^" I liked the ending of it, too. I was expecting it to be a bit different from the game, but meh. ^^

Roarkiller
30th June 2006, 08:42 PM
This thread's been pretty dead. But meh.

Anyway, FSN's now done and over with. Next best thing would be Suzumiya Harumi and the cuteness wonder that is Mikuru :D

Bleach is going on slowly, but I'm currently not following it at the moment. Just catching up with FMA. At 35 for the moment, but will be finishing soon. I'll have to admit, it's a pretty damn good show.

Speaking of which, can anyone gove a review of The Third~Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo? It's sorta sci-fi from what I heard, but I dunno if it's even worth watching. I have yet to catch Tokko past ep1, so for now hunting down other titles to watch.

Saffire Persian
30th June 2006, 11:28 PM
I have yet to catch Tokko past ep1, so for now hunting down other titles to watch.

I can give you a few. But the one I'd most recommend -- as in check out at all costs -- would be the animé Fantastic Children. Best. Anime. Ever. In my humble opinion of course, but I liked it even more than I liked FMA...which is saying something. The characters are so incredibly realistic in that one, and the character development for the whole cast is awesome. XD Not to mention the opening and ending themes are pretty.

...I shall stop ranting.

Dark-San
1st July 2006, 09:16 AM
[b][size=3] Even if the whole world just dies off, you must watch Tokko. It is a damn good show now especially when now it comes to episode 8 where the demon (or should I say phathom) that resides within the main character is now unleased! He should be an official member of division two after this episode ^.^ .

Saffire Persian
1st July 2006, 03:26 PM
I'll have to watch that myself. And Dark-San, wherever you uploaded the banner I made you isn't letting it animate. XD JUst use the imageshack link I gave you - you're free to do so as it isn't on my account.

What is Tokko about anyway?

Dark-San
1st July 2006, 08:23 PM
[b][size=3]If you had asked me, Tokko is the next decent anime series that is actually worth watching after the Fate Stay Night saga ended some weeks back. <<spoilers>>[color=#333333][size=3][b]The story talks about the present day alchemist cult summoning demons into demons in the modern world. The buildings from the place where they are located at below, caves in and the demons that were summoned went in to wreck havoc, killing half of the town's population.

The artifact in which the alchemist were playing with got scattered around into 183 pieces and each pieces representing a different type of demons. Humans who have one of these pieces embedded in them becomes a hunter, one with the ability to kill of these demons. It happens that all these 4 hunters belong to a secret intelligence group better known as Tokko. [b][size=3]<</spoilers>>

Just highlight the 2 paragraphs and you will roughly know the story plot. The reason on why would it be famous is because of its eerie suspense as well as the mild gore. ^.^

Last Exile
2nd July 2006, 10:49 AM
Melancholy of Harumi is supposedly one of the goodies going around. But c'mon, watch Ergo Proxy. It owns hardcore on everything else around this year. Real is one sexy goth.

Adz44
2nd July 2006, 01:07 PM
At the moment, the main shows I'm following are Bleach, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Ergo Proxy, The Third and Zegapain. I have others, but they're being released very slowly.

The current Bleach anime arc pales in comparison to the manga arc, but I think it's still worth watching for the odd fight or two (and comedy moments). I really wish they'd get it over and done with, though.

Haruhi Suzumiya is good fun. Haruhi comes up with some crazy plans and it's a laugh watching them being carried out. It's also funny to hear Kyon thinks of it all. Those who haven't already should really check it out.

The Third has started off pretty well. Nice mixture of action and comedy. Done nothing wrong so far, in my opinion. I'll probably stick with it.

As for Ergo Proxy, there's quite a bit to get your head round, but it has some cool fight sequences. Just be patient and it gets quite interesting.

Roarkiller
2nd July 2006, 09:53 PM
Real is one sexy goth.

Goth? :D I'll watch that, thanks.

Maybe I'll get The Third too, but I'm not really a big fan of space stuff.

Dark-San
3rd July 2006, 09:25 AM
Melancholy of Harumi is supposedly one of the goodies going around. But c'mon, watch Ergo Proxy. It owns hardcore on everything else around this year. Real is one sexy goth.

[b][size=3] True, Haruhi is one of the better comedy animes out there and I have watched it till episode 13. The only thing that piss me off much is the episode sequence in which the anime is shown.

As for the rest, I have not been watching much yet. Perhaps after Black Jack 21 or Tokko is over then I may considered getting the other 2.

Saffire Persian
3rd July 2006, 12:54 PM
Watch Fantastic Children, dang it! XDXDXD... I swear, watch TWO episodes and you'll be hooked on the show.

Ergo Proxy is another good one, however. ^^ I love it... it's just so ... cool. o.0 The last episode I watched last night (14) was doing something to my mind. XD

Last Exile
3rd July 2006, 11:39 PM
Real is the person in my new sig, Roar.

Roarkiller
4th July 2006, 12:52 AM
Yes, I like Goth, thank you for questioning me.

In other news, I believe the 1st ep of Suzumiya Haruhi is ep11. All the episodes up to 10 has been numbered, and ep12 is already during the school festival, so the recording should be ep11. Too bad though, I really wanted to see the "real" mikuru beam (from the novel).

Ep14 is out too, and unlike Dark, I completely understand why they rearrange the episodes as such. Watch and you'll know.

And and be prepared for a very unexpected-yet-expected scene. Oh, and for more understanding fo those who haven't watched it, watch ep10. Or the real ep4, as it is. Ep14 is ep6, FYI.

EDIT: Btw, can anyone give me a summary of the anime "Key: The Metal Idol"? It was one of the titles I wanted to buy back when I was in Thailand, but didn't had the chance to. I'd get it online, but it's near impossible. In other words, if it's good enough, I'll buy it.

Last Exile
5th July 2006, 10:27 AM
There's plenty I like about Ergo proxy. The animation style/cels are cleaner than those that were used in Samurai Champloo. It has Radiohead - Paranoid Andriod as the ending theme, one of my favourite songs of all time and veyr appropriate. The opening theme is from a newish band and has a very nice light rock touch, it doesn't sound goth but the lyrics are a bit goth and the imagery deifnitely is. The style of the world Ergo Proxy is set in, the way society is structured, the mistrust and isolation of individuals, it strongly resonates with the classic novels 1984 and Brave New World. I really need to watch beyond episode 4 now.

As for Fate/Stay Night, I've been stuck on having 3 episodes for so long, I really need to kick someone's arse harder. ><

LiLMewmew
6th July 2006, 12:51 AM
Anyone seen the new PPGZ? Its finally subbed. Its so kawaii~ :angel:

Edit: for your viewing pleasure:
Episode 1 Part 1: The girls appear
[b][size=3]Link deleted

Episode 1 Part 2: The girls are born
[b][size=3]Link deleted

[b][size=3]Hope you understand, Pichu!

Roarkiller
6th July 2006, 10:18 PM
That's not Powerpuff Girls. That's Power Rangers Lolita Edition. -_-" Thank you for infecting my brain all the same.

@Ryan: Yo, you want someone else to send them to you? Frankly, I don't mind. Less than a week to reach down under, anyhow.

Inferno_Dragon
7th July 2006, 05:28 PM
Hello Inferno Dragon here.

I just watched the first volume of Excel Saga. I had seen bits of it before but not the whole part entirely. Boy is that series crazy? I like the whole bomb disarming in a dating game. And the Fight Club reference and the opening sequences with the creator.

Anyone seen the new PPGZ? Its finally subbed. Its so kawaii~ angel

Edit: for your viewing pleasure:
Episode 1 Part 1: The girls appear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi8mBZFd3PA&search=powerpuff%20girls%20z

Episode 1 Part 2: The girls are born
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-QxIGUO_zA&search=powerpuff%20girls%20z

I watched both videos in these links. It is strange but interesting. It is a good adaptation of the Powerpuff Girls to Japanese Anime although it is nothing like the original cartoon. It is Sailor Moon mixed with DBZ. (Well, the Z part makes it seeem like DBZ.) Although Ms. Bellum is the only character that seems unchanged, I really don't like the look of the mayor and Mojo Jojo. True, the major still acts goofy but it isn't the same. Well, maybe I am just jumping to conclusions.

LiLMewmew
8th July 2006, 12:42 AM
The major lost his hat. D:

Dark-San
8th July 2006, 11:07 AM
The major lost his hat. D:

[b][size=3]Hey Pichu, I would be grateful if you can post in some constructive replies instead of the above- mentioned post. The comment above is not adding anything constructive for the discussion. Thanks.

Anyway I am not a big fan of Powerpuff girls and would stay in the same side with Roar. It looks nothing more than Power Rangers Lolita Edition to me too. However it would be unfair for us to judge the entire series with just the first episode. Lets just give the anime more chance and wait until at least the third episode before we can conclude the creditability of the entire series.

LiLMewmew
8th July 2006, 07:26 PM
I'm not "Pichu" anymore. Pichu is dead long time ago.

I'm in love with Henshin type anime, and magical girl series, so 10/10 to this anime. ^^-
How is that Lolita ...? They look like swimsuits to me. e_e

You know in part 2 of episode 1, there should be some reason behind the hail storms, and the "ice" mountain exploding, giving the powers to the girls. Why ... why would there be hail storms? What caused them? Mojo jojo isn't born yet at that moment, so is there another force doing "stuff"?

:rolleyes:

Roarkiller
8th July 2006, 09:42 PM
Lolita is a general term used for any underaged girls with any hint of sexual appeal. So to me it's lolita. Meh, at least it's not as bad as some can get anyway.

Nothing new, just caught Blood+ ep22-23 and Tokko 4. Hoping to watch Gundan Seed Special Edition for the sake of completion. Which brings to mind, should I watch Astray? The only online version supposedly is of poor quality, but they say it's good.

LiLMewmew
13th July 2006, 12:15 AM
Anyone saw PPGZ episode 2? XD
IMO, it's great. XD
IMO, its the best magical girl series lately. :cool2:

Edit, *just found the YOUTUBE link for episode 2 subs)

(PPGZ episode 2 - Gentle Bubbles Part 1 & 2)

editted out, because someone wants me too Dx

Enjoy =D

Last Exile
14th July 2006, 09:45 AM
There should be a law against posting that. ><

Alucard
14th July 2006, 10:36 AM
Dude thats so awesome.

Dark-San
16th July 2006, 10:45 AM
[b][size=3] Hey Pichu or mew *whatever you are called*, I have checked with my counterparts from other anime forums but it seems like it is kind of illegal to post links especially to their original shows. Kindly refrain from posting such links again and edit them away, thanks. The last thing we need is the law enforcements knocking at TPM's door and we would of course want to avoid this situation.

As for Roarkiller's the other topic on the Nagato's edited video which is shown also in Utude, I would have to further checked with my counterparts again. Hence for the time being, it will remain open until I get an answer.

Roarkiller
16th July 2006, 09:18 PM
Pichu's links would be illegal, since it's direct links to the actual episodes, and that's worse than posting torrent links.

But personally, I don't think mine is of any issue. It contain spoilers to the show, yes, but it's more of a parody than the actual episode. Like AMVs, you know?

Anyway, dunno if anyone cares, but Gundam Seed Stargazer is out. I'm about to watch it soon, then I'll edit it in. Interestingly, some of the model kits are already out. And I was beginning to wonder where Strike Noir came from.

EDIT: Okay, so here's a brief summary without any major spoilers.

For those following the development of Stargazer, you would've known about the Blu-Duel, Verde Buster and Strike Noir, obviously new models of their earlier counterparts. First episode focused on the time when Junius 7 fell, the same incident in GSD, at closer detail. There was also talk of a shuttle launch of extremely high importance, but no clue as to what it is.

According to another forum I go, the usual suspects all make a comback except for Kira, who supposedly wasn't on the official release list online somewhere. Anyway, it's only the first episode, and I doubt it's a very long series even, so I'm guessing the previous main characters only make cameos in flashbacks or scenes at different locations or smthng like that.

LiLMewmew
16th July 2006, 11:20 PM
ORLY... Ok. I know a few forums that doesn't allow these links. But, then there are few other forums that allows YouTube links of these sort. o_O

I saw Gundam SEED - StarGazer. Stage 1 ... = 16 minutes of rubbish. ;O
I hope to see Kira in it though. ^^-

Edit: Anyone seen PPGZ 3? xD

Roarkiller
19th July 2006, 10:15 PM
I thought it was kinda okay. Not watching PPGZ, and never will.

I caught ep10-11 of Tsubasa Chronicles. Ep10 was a wrap-up of Shara country, but ep11 was another filler, and apparently, so will the next one. But ep11 is more of a hilarious episode with Mokona at the helm. Spoilers>>[color=#333333]Basically, while Mokona landed in the real world, the others landed in a drawing, i.e. lotsa chibiness. The feather is now a pen, and Mokono has to draw a storyline where they can come out into the real world. Needless to say, Mokono did a stellar job of not being serious :P

Last Exile
20th July 2006, 10:02 AM
Half of the Tsubasa cast is permanently stoned, half of them are gay or lesbians, half of them are crossdressers, half of them are emos, half of them are lolitas. All good reasons NOT to watch that series!

Getting all of Fate/Stay Night and Honey&Clover as well as a bit more Ergo Proxy. Thanks for the offer though Roar.

Silencer
21st July 2006, 04:02 PM
I'm just watching Naruto for the first time. Up to episode 9 and I hope that demon of the mist guy dies.

Watching uncut episodes by the way. What is cut out of the cut episodes? the blood? or the sexy jutsu?

Roarkiller
21st July 2006, 08:46 PM
@Ryan: I like the manga. I like CLAMP. Therefore, since A=B and C=B, I like the anime.

Btw, I went out yesterday and saw this girl with blue eyeliner around her eyes. :eek: Unfortunately she only got shoulder length hair untied, but it was pretty cool still. Wasn't my type though. :P

I haven't watched much anime these days other than Gundam Seed, but I do know that Gantz manga has stopped running until November for series two. Damn. And it was just getting to the good part too.

P.S. Check me other thread for Azumanga funness :lol:

Last Exile
22nd July 2006, 01:38 AM
I'm just watching Naruto for the first time. Up to episode 9 and I hope that demon of the mist guy dies.

Watching uncut episodes by the way. What is cut out of the cut episodes? the blood? or the sexy jutsu?

1. The blood
2. Sasuke getting all those needdles stuck in his throat in Episode 16.
3. A few more things.

Dark-San
22nd July 2006, 01:59 AM
[b][size=3] Distribution companies always reduced the fun of watching the animes by either censoring either the blood or the ecchiness THAT ARE APPROPRIATE TO THE PLOT! Not just for Naruto alone but also for every other animes that I can know of. Hence I am glad that there are other sources around for the uncensored versions.

I had been watching quite a few titles being Ouran High School Host Club 16 as well as Air Gear 14. They are only the few episodes that is worth mentioning this week.

For Ouran High School, <<spoilers>> [color=#232323]we see Haruhi taking up a new part time job in some country side. And it is just another day without those pesky senpais until they came over and ruin much of her day. One of the 'incest' twin, Hikaru got hooked up together with Haruhi for a date. <</spoilers>>

As for Air Gear 14, [color=#232323]the episode explains much about the past of Rika Nee- san. On how she became the Thorn Queen for the Sleeping Forest as well as how her previous team got defeated. <</spoilers>>

Man, I am so looking forward to decent animes from Gundam Seed Stargazer. If not, I am going to go nuts this week. >.<"

LiLMewmew
22nd July 2006, 02:05 AM
Saw YGO GX for fun... *doesn't like it* =\

err... PPGZ 4 RAW has been released by S^M (downloading nao~)

Alucard
22nd July 2006, 04:58 AM
Gundamn SEED is a shitty series to start with. Every episode is just as shitty as the last ;/ Anybody who says it's decent or good needs to be banned from watching anime. The same can be said with the over-rated crapness that is Naruto.

and I've watched PPGZ episode 3 xD it's such a cute series. I've been watching through the first few episodes of Ergo Proxy and not much else this week.

Silencer
22nd July 2006, 06:11 AM
Gundamn SEED is a shitty series to start with. Every episode is just as shitty as the last ;/ Anybody who says it's decent or good needs to be banned from watching anime. The same can be said with the over-rated crapness that is Naruto.

The only anime I have ever seen is pokémon, yu-gi-oh, DBZ and Gundam (with Hero, think that is the first generation?). So Naruto isn't that bad in my eyes...

Last Exile
22nd July 2006, 02:58 PM
America will always censor anime for 3 reasons:

1. To Americanise it because America thrives on cultural ignorance.
2. To make it kid-friendly yet their kid-friendly shows promote gun violence and sexual harrassment far more than anime does.
3. Japanese animation > American animation, so America censors it to the point that the American stuff looks better.

Thank god for fansubs, IMO.

Saffire Persian
22nd July 2006, 03:30 PM
Thank god for fansubs, IMO.

Agreed. I've also been thinking about starting on Blood +, I have heard a lot of people raving about it. Anyone here seen it? And is it any good?

Roarkiller
22nd July 2006, 09:20 PM
Agreed. I've also been thinking about starting on Blood +, I have heard a lot of people raving about it. Anyone here seen it? And is it any good?

Oh yes. It starts of a bit slow (kinda), then the action really starts to pick up, especially the current arc. The art is a lot better than the original OVA at least, and the storyline is quite good. Plot-wise, it's about Saya, a Chiroptean by natural birth and not man-made like the others. The story is centered around the hunt for her younger sister, Diva. Unfortunately, when the story starts, Saya has no memories of her past life and was brought up to believe that she is a normal 16-yr old high school student.

@Alucard: Different people, different taste. I find GS to be quite okay. Throw away all the mecha fighting bull and you have a decent storyline. GSD tho, is a different story, although the story does develop towards the end.

Watched more Ergo Proxy. Funny, Lil (or is it spelled ReaL?) doesn't look as pretty without her mascara, or maybe she don't look good with her hair down.

Saffire Persian
22nd July 2006, 09:37 PM
Watched more Ergo Proxy. Funny, Lil (or is it spelled ReaL?) doesn't look as pretty without her mascara, or maybe she don't look good with her hair down.

Her name is actually RE-L124c41+

:3 Re-L

Real. ^^

Last Exile
23rd July 2006, 10:48 AM
Yes Roar, her name is actually Real. The subbers thought it was Lil, they got it wrong. There is obvious significance with her name.

Dark-San
23rd July 2006, 12:39 PM

[b][size=3] I am the only one in the entire members here who feels that Blood + is worth watching. The story line gets a bit draggy at times especially from episode 20 onwards all the way to episode 31 or so but when it comes to the action scene, Saya kicks ass like nobody's business.

Saffire Persian
23rd July 2006, 08:47 PM
Roarkiller seemed to like it to, Dark-San. ^^ I don't mind draggyness... as I'm one of the types who can sit through the slow slice 'o life animes without really getting bored. ^_^ So it sounds good.

And I like Tsubasa, too. XD... Yeesh.. I need to catch the new one... If Mokona's leading the show.... XD Oh dear.

Roarkiller
24th July 2006, 03:45 AM
@Dark: :mad: :mad:

Lil's name sounds like some prisoner. Dumb if you ask me. Speaking of which, I just caught ep9 yesterday and found out why the hell the title's like so. >>It's Vincent's real name. And surprise, surprise (or not), he's the RPOXY of death.<<

Finally found Key The Metal Idol. Will be watching soon. But for now, I think I'll start to catch up on Tokko and To Heart 2.

Saffire Persian
24th July 2006, 03:56 AM
Lil's name sounds like some prisoner.

Well, in a way, she was. X.x.. If you look at the official papers and identity cards in some of the episodes, you'll see Real's real name with all those numbers -- identification. Her doctor also has the same kind of name (with all the numbers) I believe. Still, that show fascinates me. :/ It looks like you aren't using the subbing group I am - but Shisen has nice translations and notes at the end for understanding the complex show.. and they use Real as the name instead of Lil. >.>

Anyways, Meh. To Heart 2 isn't bad, though I prefer the first still.

Dark-San
24th July 2006, 08:57 PM
[b][size=3]Okay me bad.

*Takes katana stained with Dark- San's blood*

*Goes hacking anyone in his way*

Hah feel much better already. ^.^

I am not going to say much but just be reminded during the last few latest Tokko episodes, we finally get to see the bad guys appearing. Kind of dumb IMO for the bad guys to appear so late into the show unless of course they are making the anime into another hundred episode thingy. >.<

Last Exile
24th July 2006, 10:05 PM
Ergo Proxy 5-9: I REALLY like this series now! Things have really gotten into their stride now. The mystery of Vincent is becoming clearer, Real's throwing off the shackles of the system, Dedars is showing her true colours, Pino is just damn hilarious. I'm really liking the style of animation, it's sexy, dark and detailed. The music is bloody fantastic. Both themes are perfect and the in-episode stuff is a good mix.

BTW Roar, I think Real looks just fine without her makeup. :)

Roarkiller
25th July 2006, 06:39 AM
Ergo Proxy 5-9: I REALLY like this series now! Things have really gotten into their stride now. The mystery of Vincent is becoming clearer, Real's throwing off the shackles of the system, Dedars is showing her true colours, Pino is just damn hilarious. I'm really liking the style of animation, it's sexy, dark and detailed. The music is bloody fantastic. Both themes are perfect and the in-episode stuff is a good mix.

BTW Roar, I think Real looks just fine without her makeup. :)

It must be her hair then. Can't comment on her w/o makeup only, since her pic as a kid doesn't really give any ratings.

And mine's from A-kraze. Shinsen is sorta having summer break, and must be really enjoying themselves for them not to have subbed a LOT of series. Can't complain tho, it's fanwork.

Watched Key ep1. It's uncensored, so, yeah. Prolly will be more stuff like it, but eh.

Last Exile
26th July 2006, 05:08 AM
It must be her hair then. Can't comment on her w/o makeup only, since her pic as a kid doesn't really give any ratings.

And mine's from A-kraze. Shinsen is sorta having summer break, and must be really enjoying themselves for them not to have subbed a LOT of series. Can't complain tho, it's fanwork.

Watched Key ep1. It's uncensored, so, yeah. Prolly will be more stuff like it, but eh.

Episode 7 mate. Remember? She's with her doctor, all cleaned up, no makeup.

Saffire Persian
30th July 2006, 01:40 AM
Good heavens, Blood + is awesome. ^^ Episode 12 and 13...wow XD...

I'm amazed by that show.

Roarkiller
30th July 2006, 04:56 AM
Good heavens, Blood + is awesome. ^^ Episode 12 and 13...wow XD...

I'm amazed by that show.

Wait for the later eps. It gets better.

Tokko's ending at 13, from what I heard. Only saw up to ep9 so far, but is he ever gonna join Tokko division anytime soon? I know it happens late even in the manga, but I was hoping for something better in the anime, not sidetracked storylines.

Dark-San
30th July 2006, 10:25 AM
Tokko's ending at 13, from what I heard. Only saw up to ep9 so far, but is he ever gonna join Tokko division anytime soon?

[b][size=3]^ :nod:

I hope I didn't spoil anything. Eitherway if Tokko is ending at episode 13, this would mean that <<spoilers>> [color=#333333]an awakened Saya would be confronting her brother. [color=chocolate]<</spoilers>>

Saffire Persian
31st July 2006, 12:00 AM
I haven't been thsi obsessed with a show since Fantastic Children. ^^ Blood + is almost in equal standings for it now, and I like it so much because of the way they pace it and the myteries they have in it -- and the realistic acting characters. (Well as realistic as they can be.)

It reminds me a lot of Fantastic Children, actually, as they had many of the same elements of "storytelling" as they did in Blood +...

Wow... Why hadn't I tuned into this show sooner? Yeesh.

And I finally finished it just now, too.

Dark-San
31st July 2006, 10:38 AM
I haven't been thsi obsessed with a show since Fantastic Children. ^^ Blood + is almost in equal standings for it now, and I like it so much because of the way they pace it and the myteries they have in it -- and the realistic acting characters. (Well as realistic as they can be.)

[b][size=3]Good choice, sis! Can't be much prouder. Somehow I was thinking since Saya and Diva has the power to infect as many humans into Chevalier. Why don't they just do the same to the entire human population? Besides Diva had 4 of them, 1 just died not in the recent fansub episode and Saya only had Haji, not counting in Riku. Saya is fighting a losing battle here >.<"

Roarkiller
31st July 2006, 10:54 AM
What's the point? Judging from Riku, Saya's new Chevaliers won't be of much use until their powers awaken. And no one wants to be a monster willingly, although Kai might volunteer willingly.

Saw Tokko up to 11. Sorry, my last post was supposed to say ep5, by anyways. 2 more eps to go, and I get the feeling that this series will have an OVA if it doesn't progress anymore. The manga, if I'm not mistaken, runs in 3 volumes, and the big transformation (watchers would understand) happens at the end of vol2. I couldn't find the 3rd vol, so don't really know what happens then, but that's what I feel.

Dark-San
31st July 2006, 11:08 AM
What's the point? Judging from Riku, Saya's new Chevaliers won't be of much use until their powers awaken. And no one wants to be a monster willingly, although Kai might volunteer willingly.

Saw Tokko up to 11. Sorry, my last post was supposed to say ep5, by anyways. 2 more eps to go, and I get the feeling that this series will have an OVA if it doesn't progress anymore. The manga, if I'm not mistaken, runs in 3 volumes, and the big transformation (watchers would understand) happens at the end of vol2. I couldn't find the 3rd vol, so don't really know what happens then, but that's what I feel.

[b][size=3]Riku is pretty useless anyway, I don't like him from the begining of the series. Kai would be better choice but being a chevalier would mean living for eternally and serving Saya, so he might have that doubt. Look at Haji if you know what I mean, he looks no different from a slave to me whether the reason is out of love or just plain stupidness.

For Tokko, I doubt so. There should be a second season, I think. Besides what is the point of releasing the episodes in OVAs like Ichigo 100%, there is no market value in grabbing the target market's attention like this. I still prefer if they follow Initial D's releases' timing.

Saffire Persian
31st July 2006, 11:26 AM
Riku is pretty useless anyway, I don't like him from the begining of the series

o.o .. What episode are you at? From that statement, I can't help but wonder.

And I think Kai could volunteer, but he's the only person I could think of at the moment who might.

Dark-San
31st July 2006, 11:39 AM
[b][size=3]'Nuff on Kai. A hundred bucks on David! Kind of forgotten he is with Red Cross. >.<"

Saffire Persian
31st July 2006, 12:01 PM
Red Shield you mean? XD

LiLMewmew
31st July 2006, 11:54 PM
Powerpuff Girls Z ... 05 ... 5 episodes of Jo Jo finally over ... now, Fuzzy. O_o

Roarkiller
1st August 2006, 04:43 AM
David looks liek he NEEDS the Red Cross. But I doubt he would be one anyway. He's trying to rid the world of Chiropteans, not create another.

Saffire Persian
3rd August 2006, 09:12 PM
Well, I've just got finished watching Samurai Champloo all the way through for the first time, and I quite enjoyed that... except for the odd Baseball filler episode near the end.. which bugged me to no end, because I despise filler like that. The Zombie ep was odd, too, for that matter. XD Otherwise, loved the show to pieces.

Roarkiller
3rd August 2006, 09:30 PM
Well, I've just got finished watching Samurai Champloo all the way through for the first time, and I quite enjoyed that... except for the odd Baseball filler episode near the end.. which bugged me to no end, because I despise filler like that. The Zombie ep was odd, too, for that matter. XD Otherwise, loved the show to pieces.

I thought the baseball ep was pretty okay. Don't remember any zombie eps tho, long time since I saw it.

Saw To Heart 2 ep4-6. Nothing to comment, it's not really a show you expect action from anyway. Apar from the fact that there's an alien instead of a robot this time (I prefer Multi tho).

Saffire Persian
4th August 2006, 12:03 AM
Well.. they were Zombie... undead things.. looking for some buried treasure or something along those lines. It was the episode before the baseball one I believe.

Dark-San
5th August 2006, 09:21 AM
[b][size=3] You dudes probably should catch up on Air Gear. It is pretty following the manga at the moment but if you had not caught on the manga then this anime is right up for you. Currently <<spoilers>>[color=#232323]Rika- nee just approved of Iiki of forming his own AT team. He must have somehow move her with his splendid moves while they were completing in some kind of competition. Hey besides episode 14 and 15 did show the disbanding of Sleeping Forest during Sora's time and they cut off the scene where Rika- nee was raped. [color=chocolate]<</spoilers>>

Saffire Persian
5th August 2006, 02:21 PM
Air Gear sounds interesting Dark-san. (BTW, I finished your new banner some time ago *pokes*) I think I looked it up on the animé database and saw it was based on some sport.. forgot which, so I think I left it alone. I should probably give it a try. XD

Dark Scizor
6th August 2006, 10:56 PM
I haven't watched an anime in ages.

Anyways, Aria the Natural 1-10 :)

Roarkiller
6th August 2006, 11:14 PM

You should've posted next yr, then your number of posts would've matched the yr. :P

I just got Blood 34 and Tokko 12-13, but haven't gotten round to watching it. Only new thing I watched was Aria Natural 12, XXXholic 9 and Tubasa Chronicles 38 and lotsa KareKano manga. Looking for the anime, if anyone knows where I can get, pretty please?

Oh and also read the TRC manga up to chapter 124. It's getting really damn interesting, and suggest non-readers to read it.

Saffire Persian
7th August 2006, 12:59 AM
THe Karekano anime? His and Her Circumstances, correct? If that's what you want, I can PM you a few places where you can find it... Did you buy the Kare Kano manga, or did you find it somewhere else? 'cause if you just found it, I'd like to know where, too.^^ *big fan of the anime..* Well, save for the last three episodes that are just.. horrid. But meh.

Dark-San
10th August 2006, 03:00 AM

[b][size=3] Get back to animes and then we can discussed on them!

I saw this week's episode of Air Gear, it looks like their winning streak <<spoilers>> [color=#333333] may finally come to the end when the AT Team takes on a Rank 'D' team. At the moment Iki's group is in Rank 'F', so with three ranks difference, I wondered how they are going to take down Behemoth. [color=chocolate]<</spoiler>>

Bleach was also pretty interesting. And yeah! <<spoilers>> [color=#333333]Finally Ishida got his powers back as an Qunicy. Damn those episodes when he was protray as a useless arse. Now with his powers back, he can finally kick some Bounto's ass.[color=chocolate]<</spoiler>>

Roarkiller
10th August 2006, 03:48 AM
Watched Blood+ 34 and Tokko to the end. Tokko's ending sucks. Highly do not recommend watching this for those who haven't. In Blood+ 34, we see a new Saya, but that's all the episodes centers around.

Dark-San
10th August 2006, 04:22 AM
Watched Blood+ 34 and Tokko to the end. Tokko's ending sucks. Highly do not recommend watching this for those who haven't. In Blood+ 34, we see a new Saya, but that's all the episodes centers around.

[b][size=3] Tokko ending sucks. I saw it just a minute ago. I officially believe that we are heading for Season 2.

As for Blood +, not to worry for those who are expecting a total change over. It is only a hair style change physically. As for her attitude, I do believe that would need some correcting. I do not like the Saya that does not believe in the world and yet so cold. I still prefer the one that is kind, cares for others.

Roarkiller
10th August 2006, 09:47 PM
[b][size=3] Tokko ending sucks. I saw it just a minute ago. I officially believe that we are heading for Season 2.

They won't. The manga' storyline is over, so unless they're gonna create a whole new future, then no such thing as a sequel. Which is just as good, cuz it would probably further ruin the show.

Last Exile
10th August 2006, 11:05 PM
Ergo Proxy 10-11: So good.
Melancholy 8: Okay, I'm gonna watch this series.
Hirugashi 3: :O. Something is telling me I should walk away but three voices are telling me I'll regret it if i do so I'm gonna chance this one.

Dark-San
11th August 2006, 04:49 AM
They won't. The manga' storyline is over, so unless they're gonna create a whole new future, then no such thing as a sequel. Which is just as good, cuz it would probably further ruin the show.

[b][size=3] There goes Sakura and her Shindou. -_-" I thought it would be great to continue the series since there are a lot of unanswered questions that is burning in my mind! Has Saya been converted like Shindou when she was captured by Taishi? Okay Sakura is officially dead and why did the last episode shows her opening her eyes as if she was possessed? What about the brother and sister who were also demon slayers and what would be their fate?

Man with these questions, I believe that they ought to continue on with the series.

Saffire Persian
11th August 2006, 10:07 AM
As for Blood +, not to worry for those who are expecting a total change over. It is only a hair style change physically. As for her attitude, I do believe that would need some correcting. I do not like the Saya that does not believe in the world and yet so cold. I still prefer the one that is kind, cares for others.

... >.> Just keep watching. You'll see a lot of reasons why she acts the way she does in the episodes following 35 & 36ish, wherever you're at. I've just finished 42 of Blood+ I believe.

As for other series, I've finished Now and Then, Here and There... not as tragic as I was expecting it to be. I was expecting a total Wolf's Rain ending. Don't get me wrong, it was still sad and things, but nothing compared to the hype I've been hearing about. Still a good show, and I have to commend King Hamdo's voice actor... he played that psychotic king so well his it freaked me out... I have never seen such a well-voiced insane guy...

I'm also to episode 15 of the Read or Die TV series, and I like it so far. Not my favorite series, but things are still interesting enough to keep me watching. I need to go and watch the OVA now. >.>

Roarkiller
12th August 2006, 07:20 AM
I'm looking for a LOT of older series, including Now and Then, Here and There. Others include This Ugly and Beautiful World and Kare Kano (@SP: none at Keiichi, lol).

Watched Key ep5-6. This is turning out to be a rather dark anime. Now they got religious fanatics in them too. Well, the idea for Key to turn human is to find 30000 friends, so I guess being a cult maiden would work, but still. Reminds me of the Aum Supreme cult.

@Ryan: You mean Haruhi ep10 :D That's the right ep nounmber. No matter, the series should be watched in that messed up order anyway; watch it in the actual order and it's actually quite mundane, and will leave you with too many questions.

Saffire Persian
12th August 2006, 04:36 PM
I sent you a link to animeyume that has torrents. o.o.. i must've sent you the wrong link. *dies* And the site I gave you before has Now and Then, Here and There >.> I just finished that. Youtube has it too... I'm sure. But you like BT.. I could probably find them for you as I'm looking for them, too.

I managed to finish R.O.D TV yesterday. I liked it for the most part. I've also started on the monster that is.. Monster. I've only watched one episode so far.. so I dunno what to think of it. And also watched the raw of Blood+ 44 today. Things are getting interesting. ^^

Last Exile
13th August 2006, 07:11 AM
I'm looking for a LOT of older series, including Now and Then, Here and There. Others include This Ugly and Beautiful World and Kare Kano (@SP: none at Keiichi, lol).

Watched Key ep5-6. This is turning out to be a rather dark anime. Now they got religious fanatics in them too. Well, the idea for Key to turn human is to find 30000 friends, so I guess being a cult maiden would work, but still. Reminds me of the Aum Supreme cult.

@Ryan: You mean Haruhi ep10 :D That's the right ep nounmber. No matter, the series should be watched in that messed up order anyway; watch it in the actual order and it's actually quite mundane, and will leave you with too many questions.

In the name of all that is good and holy...

DON'T WATCH THE ANIME VERSION OF KARE KANO! :angry: It is an absolute disgrace and blight on the original manga! Hideaki Anno weaved even more evil than he did with Evangelion with this piece of crap.

Roar, please. I know you're a man of good taste and know what's quality and what is awful. Read the manga, it is exceptional. The anime is evil.

Dark-San
13th August 2006, 09:21 AM
[b][size=3]Whats Kare Kano? Someone care to enlighten a poor little fellow like me? Hey and Roar bro, if you are looking for This Ugly and Beautiful World, you know who to look for. ^.~

This week releases are slow! I'm a little tired of waiting so I did what the rest went for speed- fansub. One of those titles is Ouran High School Host Club. Hey I must say that I am lucky to get this one. <<spoilers>>[color=#333333]The episode is pretty ridiculous and it is also probably the first time did I know that Honey- Senpai had a little brother. And the ending is also stupid with Honey- Senpai choosing cake over his blood- related brother.[color=chocolate]<</spoilers>>

Oh and also I just follow up on a new series better known as Welcome to the NHK!, the series is quite unique as it plays a real life situation of a college dropout and an anime otaku joining forces to create a gaagle, better known as H-games to us.

There is also another series, Demonbane. Haven't watch it yet but as soon as I am done with it, I will post up the review.

Roarkiller
13th August 2006, 10:51 PM
In the name of all that is good and holy...

DON'T WATCH THE ANIME VERSION OF KARE KANO! :angry: It is an absolute disgrace and blight on the original manga! Hideaki Anno weaved even more evil than he did with Evangelion with this piece of crap.

Roar, please. I know you're a man of good taste and know what's quality and what is awful. Read the manga, it is exceptional. The anime is evil.

Somehow I feel awfully airheaded from that last comment. *gloats*

But anyway, the idea of watching it is to compare to the manga. Like Ai Yori Aoshi, which I'm trying to get a hold of, since the anime is of good quality, even if the manga (judging from the 1st 3 vols) contains seriously bad art.

Anyway, Watched Key up to ep10. Starting to get more interesting with Key showing more emotions instead of, uh, moodswings I guess.

But strange part is that the series is only up to ep13, with 2 movies, so I don't know how it's gonna end. I'll finish the series today w/o the movies, and I'll write a detailed review.

Still waiting for Shinsen-Subs, since I get half my series from there. Need to clear away GSD for other anime.

And speaking of which, does anyone know any video editing program that, instead of cropping, can add black borders to the sides of the video? I need to do that before I can create a decent DVD video. <- uber important

EDIT: Somehow I feel the need to apologize to Ryan for the comment. I can tell it's a bad anime from the many screenshots I've seen, and the fact that Animenfo classed it under Comedy, but no mention on drama (which is what the manga is supposed to be). Nonetheless, I'll still try to catch it for the sake of watching.

Saffire Persian
16th August 2006, 12:31 PM
Though I haven't read much of the manga, the Kare Kano anime is actually very good if you're wiling to overlook the not that great animation... Though the ending doesn't really end; it's just like another episode. I'd reccomend just watching it up to 20-21 or something... you'll know when to stop as the animation goes completely AWOL. I quite liked it otherwise though - it''s one of the better romance shows around, and it doesn't revolve around a harem, so I'm happy.

Anyway, I've been watching Monster at a fast pace - up to episode 48 now. And I'll say it's one of the best psychological animes to come out. And even though it's quite an Epic (72 episodes) so far, nothing really has been dull, and he pacing is immaculate most of the time, and the characters change and grow right before your eyes. There are quite a few characters throuought the series, and it constantly surprises me that the show can actually contain and justify them all and their every action, as well as connect them deeply to the current plot -- which not many anime can do.

It also has the best antagonist I have yet to see -- even I'm wondering what his motives are: good or bad, and does he really say what he means and whatnot. *whistles* this is a definite must watch.

Last Exile
16th August 2006, 07:24 PM
Though I haven't read much of the manga, the Kare Kano anime is actually very good if you're wiling to overlook the not that great animation... Though the ending doesn't really end; it's just like another episode. I'd reccomend just watching it up to 20-21 or something... you'll know when to stop as the animation goes completely AWOL. I quite liked it otherwise though - it''s one of the better romance shows around, and it doesn't revolve around a harem, so I'm happy.

The anime is bad.

1. The first half was directed by Hideaki Anno, who was still in Evangelion mode at the time.
2. They changed directors halfway through because they realised Anno was ruining it.
3. They removed the serious side completely and sugared up the comical side. It's revolting.
4. Those 3 minute recaps are bloody annoying.
5. Those constant shots of power lines are bloody annoying.
6. Those constant shots of traffic lights are bloody annoying.
7. They ran out of funding so hence they cut it at 26.
8. Masami Tsuda, manga-ka of Kare Kano, condemned the series and wants nothing to do with it.

Its only plus is the animation. For its time, it was good quality.

Saffire, have you read the manga? I have Volumes 1-20 and will be getting the last, Volume 21, the moment it is out before the end of this year. Believe me, if you read the manga, you'll throw the anime in the bin and wonder what the hell you were thinking.

Saffire Persian
16th August 2006, 09:42 PM
No, I haven't read the Manga. I'll admit it wasn't the best anime I've ever seen, nor my favorite by a long shot, but to say I hated it would be an understatement. Perhaps the animation was good for its time..but as you said, all those powerline shots were annoying, as well as the episodes were the animation went completely to hell (Using the real life sequences and all that crap) and the non colored in animation frames.. and geh.. XD I stopped watching at that point.

I still didn't find it horrible, but as I have no read the Manga, I only know what I saw in the anime. ^^

And I heard Masami condemed the anime for being too comedic and all that awhile ago, and Ii've heard it's much more serious, which I would likely enjoy reading much more. I'll have to check the manga out sometime.

Roarkiller
17th August 2006, 03:53 AM
Well, if you put it that way...

The manga's available online by SaD, who doesn't have his own irc channel or website, FYI. But only up to vol19.

Caught the 1st half of Key ep14 (1st movie). I'll have to say that this half focuses a LOT on explaining the whole series. But >> now we know who Key really is, and her significance. Supposedly, Key is NOT a robot. For some reason, she has been made to think so, either by someone or through some psychological stress. Also, we get to understand her mysterious powers. << Watchers of the show Air would find this familiar. REALLY looking forward to ep15 (2nd movie).

Yawned a lot during the hour, but it's still a good show. Must be because it was close to midnight :D

Saffire Persian
17th August 2006, 04:45 PM
*yawns too* I know how you feel. Now that I have my laptop, I apparently have no qualms with watching anime 'till three. Speaking of which, I have finally finished Monster, and that is one heck of a good show. And for the first time in a long time I actually loved the main antagonist just as much as the main character - well, almost. Dr. Tenma is just too good not to like.

o.o *goes about recommending it, along with Fantastic Children*

I also need to go and read that Manga now. >.>

Dark-San
21st August 2006, 08:46 AM
[b][size=3]*Looks around and notice that the surrounding is a bit dull*

*Pokes Ryan*

^.^

Hey have you caught either Innocent Venus or Night Head Genesis yet? Both rather interesting episodes that I had picked while my mind is totally dead with all those tutorials. I thought need a little break from those essay questions and I got these series.

Innocent Venus proves to be the more boring of the two. Its setting talks about a new age world and Japan being the super power in Asia. *So much for glorifying Japan -_-" * They had one of the best economy so much so that their society's needs become divided with the poor becoming poorer and the richer getting richer. The poor were thus outcast into the slums.

Our story here begins when our heroine becomes a target of the evil government and she was rescued from a plane by a group of Phantom deflectors. The evil government's purpose in capturing the girl was still unknown but the series does promises lots of action with the deflectors protecting her from the government's agents.

Night Head Genesis was better but I was wondering why would many people keep boycotting the show giving the reason that it is a yaoi show? I've watched the show till episode four and I found no evidence of yaoi! Funny people we have there even though the fansub had already make it clear.

Night Head Genesis talks about two brothers being brought into an unknown institute after being abandoned by their parents. The two brothers had psychic powers, the older one had the power psychic- kinetic while the younger one had future- telling power. After several years when they escaped from the institute, they soon found themselves handling a murder case.

The series had some mystery feeling to it and I certainly would recommend anyone who is in for some action and mystery to hop into this bandwagon!

EVme15
21st August 2006, 08:57 PM
Well, after ages of camps, I finally got home to computers that didn't hate YouTube. All I've been able to see is .hack//ROOTS 1-5, though, but I really like it. It has the same sort of feel as .hack//SIGN, but it's moving a lot faster and is less... boring? (Oh, and Haseo rocks)

Roarkiller
21st August 2006, 09:28 PM
Well, after ages of camps, I finally got home to computers that didn't hate YouTube. All I've been able to see is .hack//ROOTS 1-5, though, but I really like it. It has the same sort of feel as .hack//SIGN, but it's moving a lot faster and is less... boring? (Oh, and Haseo rocks)

:lol: Yeah it is faster than hack//sign. And actually has a clearer story plot, although the fansub I'm with hasn't released a new one since ep7.

Finished Key The Metal Idol. There are a few pretty creepy scenes in ep15 (bout 2hrs long), and IMO the ending is a little too abrupt. But then lots of anime are like that so eh.

Oh, and Key's Lullaby sounds good and eerie. Gave me the willies. 0.0

Anyway, I dunno if I'll post the full summary plus spoilers here or in a new thread. Haven't really watched anything else that's new. Most of my titles are from Shinsen, who have taken a rather long extended break.

Oh, I did watch Hanoka, that flash anime. Bad animation aside, the pacing is erratic. 4mins isn't enough to judge storyline and plot tho, so Ill skip that.

Last Exile
23rd August 2006, 03:17 AM
1. I haven't heard of those 2 Dark.
2. Nor have I ever seen or heard of those you talked about for the last 2 pages. Nor does anyone I know.

Roarkiller
23rd August 2006, 08:38 AM
Same here. Though I've heard of commenst calling it Night Head Gaynesis.

Stargazer 2 is out on fansub. Will comment in a little while.

Dark-San
23rd August 2006, 09:05 PM
Same here. Though I've heard of commenst calling it Night Head Gaynesis.

Stargazer 2 is out on fansub. Will comment in a little while.

[b][size=3]Both are new titles and currently at episode five for each series. And please Night Head Genesis has nothing to do with gays just brother love. Those freaks calling it a gay show is stupid, they don't know that Korea soap operas whose main themes are usually about love, whether is it brotherly love, sisterly love or romantic partnership.

And in Stargazer, we finally get to catch a glimpse of the new gundam! Stargazer of course -_-"

Saffire Persian
24th August 2006, 01:07 AM
Hmm.. I just finished the movie "Steamboy" not too bad of a show. Not exactly a waste of two hours time. I even watched the English version of it, and was relieved to find they actually used british actors for it.

I also finally got around to watching the much hyped Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya.. XD It's as good as everyone says.. I watched it in the order it was aired, and vastly prefer it to the chronological ending.

Roarkiller
24th August 2006, 03:29 AM
Obviously. The actual ending is just Kyon and Haruhi walking together in a episode where nothing really happened.

Stargazer sucks. Any gundam with an oversized hula-hoop on it's back is bound to look stupid. Frankly, the designs are getting from bad to worse. I mean, have you seen the new Buster's head? Looks like smthng that came out from the movie Troll. And BuCUs actually having beam FANGS as weapons. Lame.

Saw Tsubasa Chronicle 13. This ep leaves much to be desired. No, seriously. You don't take a 5-second interval between every line of dialogue, that's just... just... wrong.

Last Exile
25th August 2006, 03:58 AM
Obviously. The actual ending is just Kyon and Haruhi walking together in a episode where nothing really happened.

Stargazer sucks. Any gundam with an oversized hula-hoop on it's back is bound to look stupid. Frankly, the designs are getting from bad to worse. I mean, have you seen the new Buster's head? Looks like smthng that came out from the movie Troll. And BuCUs actually having beam FANGS as weapons. Lame.

Saw Tsubasa Chronicle 13. This ep leaves much to be desired. No, seriously. You don't take a 5-second interval between every line of dialogue, that's just... just... wrong.

Every character in Tsubasa is a cocaine junkie so what can you expect?

Silencer
25th August 2006, 05:30 PM
I watched this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE32I3PcevQ). Does that count as anime?

Saffire Persian
25th August 2006, 09:44 PM
Eh.. maybe a tad.

Anyway, I'm starting on watching Chrono Crusade.. don't have much thought on it yet. I've also finished the Kare Kano manga up to volume 19. The manga is very good, I must say, and love every bit of it. It is so hard to find a romance anime/manga where there isn't a harem, or the couples don't go on a "date another person to get the other jealous" spree. Which makes Kare Kano a piece of manga gold.

Has some good comedy moments, too: "Well, shall we go and give your cousin's Hell?" XD

^^ Cant' wait until volume 20.

Dark-San
26th August 2006, 10:57 AM
I watched this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE32I3PcevQ). Does that count as anime?

[b][size=3]Yes all I see is Rock Lee getting drunk and all the crap song about beers and liquour. It does get funny around the chorus when they mentioned something about the dad and a picture of Gai appears. 0.o" However as funny as the post is, I do believe it still belong to the other topic (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=44794.0).

Hey yes and do watch Chrono Crusade, Saffire sis. It is full of action especially during the part where the devils faced off against each other. However the ending is not all that happy- puffy, so you might want to think twice especially if you are the anime fan that prefers happy ending.

Last Exile
27th August 2006, 05:54 AM
Chrono Crusade manga is a bit better than the anime.

Kare Kano 20 has been available for a month. Good read. Not a sensational volume but a pleasant change from several striaght volumes of retrospectives.

LiLMewmew
27th August 2006, 02:50 PM
I re-watched CardCaptor Sakura 1-70 in the past week. xD
^ Best anime of all time in my opinion. ^_^

I just started watching Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season... and I saw up to episode 31.

Also, saw PPGZ 8 or something.

Also, saw Triangle Heart (episode 1) (I had downloaded it, but never seen it) =x

I think thats it...

o.o...

Roarkiller
27th August 2006, 11:10 PM
Triangle heart? Never heard of it :confused:

Am rewatching Samurai Champloo for want of smthng to watch. Been going back to watching anime until 2am again. Ergo Proxy 13 is out, and so is the next ep of Tsubasa Chronicles, so I'll watch those in a bit.

Nothing interesting ever since Haruhi ended. Sad, really.

LiLMewmew
28th August 2006, 12:56 AM
FYI: Triangle Heart's spin off is called "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha"... :rolleyes:

Saffire Persian
28th August 2006, 03:07 AM
pq

Triangle heart? Never heard of it :confused:

Am rewatching Samurai Champloo for want of smthng to watch. Been going back to watching anime until 2am again. Ergo Proxy 13 is out, and so is the next ep of Tsubasa Chronicles, so I'll watch those in a bit.

Nothing interesting ever since Haruhi ended. Sad, really.

Go watch Fantastic Children XD..

I swear I'll make converts out of y'all.

Anyway, finished Chrno Crusade.. and good heavens.. what kind of messed up ending was that? I mean, it was sweet, I suppose, and I can be a sap at times... But... it still sucked. XD... GOod show, but .. ending... could've used some work because it shouldn't have been that way! I protest... Good dangit.

Is the manga ending any different? Radically, I mean?

Dark-San
28th August 2006, 03:22 AM
[b][size=3]What's Fantastic Children? Seriously I don't think that there are any more watchable animes these days except for Blood + and Air Gear. And perhaps Utawarerumon also which had recently taken an unexpected twist of the story when one of the main character dies. The rest are just okay and we just go with the flow of the series. Innocent Venus, I can't say much since it is only in the fourth episode. The rest well are just average.

And yes Saffire sis, I was also in the same position as you are the last time when I finished watching Chrno Crusade. A messed up ending like Mai Hime, the only thing that keep me watching the anime throughout is only the romance affair of Rosette and Chrno. A forbidden love between a human and a demon.

Saffire Persian
28th August 2006, 03:28 AM
Rosette and Chrno. A forbidden love between a human and a demon.

Ditto. XD..

As for Fantastic Children? It's my favorite anime of all time.

A Strange group of kids called, "The Children of Befort" are searching for the girl whom is the key to their happiness. For 500 years they wandered from life to life seeking for her reincarnation. Yet, they cannot live for more than eleven years to the natural cycle of death and rebirth. Tohma is a kid on a small island reaching out to find friends. Helga is an orphan seeking a place where she can truly belong. When they both meet, their lives will change forever.

Haha - that show is so awesome. Though if you are getting bored, I'd also reccomend Monster. That is a psychological animé if there ever was one, and with like.. 72 episdoes you'd be on it for awhile. (Fantastic Children has 26)

Roarkiller
29th August 2006, 03:54 AM
I thought Fantastic Children was the FF series. Meh. Might catch that, as soon as I find the energy to burn off my FMA.

Monster, I haven't watched the anime, but somehow I get the feeling that I will like the manga better. The manga is seriously riveting, unlike any other manga I have read before, probably mainly due to its length (18 vols, and I read a third of it in one day), with each volume ending with a cliffhanger more suspenseful than the last. Story development is incredible.

Silencer
29th August 2006, 05:24 PM
I've just finished watching Full Metal Alchemist (fansubbed). God that ending was sad. So many sacrifices and still...

I did love how "that person" died.

I would have figured that if there was another episode, Wrath would have sacrificed himself to bring back Ed.

Saffire Persian
29th August 2006, 05:42 PM
Hhaha, Silencer, you should seriously read the FMA manga, it's so much better than the animé - not that the anime was bad or anything, I loved it - but the Manga seems to be heading in a wayyyy different direction that I like better than the route they took with the animé.

@Roarkiller: I've been steadily reading the Manga too - and where I am right now, the anime thus far has been following it exactly. So what you see in the Manga is exactly what you'll see in the animé, so it's definitely worth watching - so far anyway. Once I finish all 18 volumes, I'll be able to deliver better judgement.

Dark-San
31st August 2006, 07:47 AM
[b][size=3]You guys just have to watch Air Gear now! The situation is getting rather interesting at every moment. From the main character was just a typical nobody and ever since he had gotten his very own AT. He formed his own team, Kogarasumaru. They have beaten the Sabel Tigers and as of lately a Mega Storm Monster Team, Bethemoth.

And it is not just that in the latest episode, he had become the leader of more than 350 top AT riders after Rank A Genesis Team decides to join the Rank D Kogarasumaru.

Silencer
31st August 2006, 02:11 PM
Hhaha, Silencer, you should seriously read the FMA manga, it's so much better than the animé - not that the anime was bad or anything, I loved it - but the Manga seems to be heading in a wayyyy different direction that I like better than the route they took with the animé.

It does seem to follow a more logical path and gets more straight to the point. I've read till chapter 26 To The Master so I'll probably be introduced to Greed soon. The death of Shou Tucker was a strange turn of events considering the part he played in the anime. And the fact that Envy and Lust were so soon at the 5th laboratory. It seems like a different story because of that.

Edit: read till chapter 39 now. I'm pretty confused, so the homunculus already have the philsofers stone inside them? Still haven't figured out why they need human sacrifices if they don't want the stone. Perhaps to create other humunculi? Also the kid of Al and Ed sensei (Izumi?) is non-existant and the Fuhrer/President is Wrath. Talk about a difference?

BTW howmany chapters are there? I found a site that has up to 59.

Last Exile
31st August 2006, 10:21 PM
On Chrono Crusade:

YES THE MANGA IS DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT.

From Volume 4 onwards, both go on VERY different paths. Gonzo wanted to make their version more occultish and darker. Moriyama wanted to hold on to his core message and his views on life. The manga is better, do get all 8 volumes, they are all available. The manga version explains the whole Armageddon/Pandemonium scenario far better, the outcome for most of the characters is VERY different. The ending is also quite different but a litle similar. One outcome for everyone is the same. But there's a little twist at the end.

One that explains why we actually got to know about the events of Chrono Crusade in the end.

I just read the 3rd volume of Lunar Legend Tsukihime. Boy, I really like the manga version more now. From this volume onwards, the manga is VERY DIFFERENT from the series. There's a lot more in-depth look at Shiki's abilities, the history of Roa and Arcueid, Blue aka the magician who gave Shiki the ability to control his power. And in the last chapter of the volume, Ciel and Akiha start what looks to be a really awesome fight. Ciel and Ahika are a lot more involved and integral to the plot and story in this version as is Blue. Arcueid actually knows who Blue is and what she stands for. It's actually a bit of a surprise what Blue really is.

Roar, I know we both thought the series was good, because for what it was, it was good. But I do recommend you check the manga out. It seems to be a much better account for what Tsukihime was really about.

Roarkiller
1st September 2006, 08:59 AM
I wonder, if the manga starts calling Aoi-sensei Blue, there's smthng wrong with the translator. Scanlation or official? Guessing latter, fanstuff pay more respect to originals than money-making businesses (still shuddering at the discovery of Initial D's TAK and K.T. What the hell???)

Haven't watched any of my d/ls recently, and I don't feel good today.

Last Exile
2nd September 2006, 07:54 AM
The one downside of the version in English is the translation isn't always on the ball. But everything is far more detalied and involved. Seing Ciel and Akiha actually have meaningful parts in the story is quite satisfying. Try it if you can, Roar.

Roarkiller
5th September 2006, 03:50 AM
Watched Summer of Andalusia, bout a bicycle race (smthng like the Tour de France, in Spain). It's a light-hearted movie of a top racer who happens to be racing in his own home country, and on the day of his brother's marriage to the woman they both love.

Also saw TRC ep40. >>Strange, in the manga they explained how arrived in the coty and it's library, plus how Kurogane's memories ended up in the book. This ep though, started straight into the memories, and you don't even know it's a book of memories that's taking place, because you only see the gang in like the last minute of the show, when Syaoran nearly fainted. Must be for some suspense effect, like in Outo cyber country.<<

Hopefully they'll explain everything next episode, because if this follows the manga enough, we should see a real nice twist to the story. 8 more eps and it might be the end of the 2nd season, so maybe they'll take a break again. Sure hope so, this one's a setting for a good arc.

EDIT: spoiler tag fix

Last Exile
8th September 2006, 12:02 AM
Gonna get more Ergo Proxy and other stuff next week.

Saffire Persian
8th September 2006, 01:03 AM
Watched up to the current raw episode of Ouran High School Host Club - and I've found I quite like the show - especially Tamaki... he's such a lovable idiot.

Roarkiller
8th September 2006, 12:01 PM
Honey and Clover. NOt really that funny despite its humour scenes similar to Azumanga Daioh's humour, but watchable. The romance feels unrealistic though.

And Hagu is definitely NOT 18.

Dark-San
11th September 2006, 12:42 PM
After watching some Bleach anime I shifted to the manga. Sadly my source doesn't have a complete volume 7. I don't know if it is allowed or not, if it isn't feel free to ignore me and delete this post. I was wondering if anyone has a link to a complete volume 7. If possible scans.

[b][size=3]Please don't asked for links to liscened materials in future, Silencer. Prefer if you ask anyone to pm you the link instead.

Silencer
11th September 2006, 12:47 PM
Okiedo, deleted the post.

So I watched and read the beginning of bleach. intresting concept and I will watch more as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Inferno_Dragon
11th September 2006, 01:51 PM
I just watched the ending to Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule Monsters from YouTube. It was strange to watch a 12 part mini-series about some other than Duel Monsters (with cards of course.) It is kind of confusing especially Kaiba doesn't even show up in the whole series. I don't really understand the whole mini-series thing but it is pretty interesting.

Last Exile
11th September 2006, 07:42 PM
Honey and Clover. NOt really that funny despite its humour scenes similar to Azumanga Daioh's humour, but watchable. The romance feels unrealistic though.

And Hagu is definitely NOT 18.

It's made for females, Roar. This anime is the most ever watched anime by fenales in Japan. So that may be why you feel that way.

It's anime, Roar. There are no rules. Hence Hague is 18. Didn't stop Morino and Kei in Please Teacher being 21 and 18.

Roarkiller
12th September 2006, 04:56 AM
At least Kei LOOKED 18. Morino was a source of argument.

Then again, my own 24-yr old sister is more than a head shorter then me. Though not as exaggerated as Hagu or Morino, definitely.

Up to ep12 of HnC, the story is getting better, or maybe it's just growing on me. I guess it was because the story was a little choppy and leaned towards humour too much in the beginning.

Also finally got to watch Sky Girls OVA. They're right about it, it's a lolicon festa. On the bright side, they never indicated the girls' ages. I was gonna fly to Japan and bash the director's head in with a fire extinguisher if he had labeled them as 18.

Last Exile
20th September 2006, 06:48 AM
At least Kei LOOKED 18. Morino was a source of argument.

Then again, my own 24-yr old sister is more than a head shorter then me. Though not as exaggerated as Hagu or Morino, definitely.

Up to ep12 of HnC, the story is getting better, or maybe it's just growing on me. I guess it was because the story was a little choppy and leaned towards humour too much in the beginning.

Also finally got to watch Sky Girls OVA. They're right about it, it's a lolicon festa. On the bright side, they never indicated the girls' ages. I was gonna fly to Japan and bash the director's head in with a fire extinguisher if he had labeled them as 18.

1. Kei did NOT look 18, he barely looked 15. Morino looked like she was 12.
2. Honey and Clover grows better over time.
3. Yeah, my local club played Sky Girls, I was very glad i wasn't present that night.

Fate/Stay Night 4-15: Best anime I've seen all year. Why did I take so long to finally watch this?!

EDIT: Fate/Stay Night 16-24: Decided I had to finish it tonight despite having to stay up to about 2am. I was liking this far too much. There is so much I like about this series. Where Chrono Crusade and Lunar Legend Tsukihime went wrong in their anime versions, Fate/Stay Night did it right. Consistent throughout, Saber just might be my favourite female character in anime ever now, motives were well established, plot was sometimes a bit predictable but had a couple of surprises near the end, Rin was cool and good to see Shirou stopped being emo after the 1st half of the series and finally started acting proper. Episode music was great, good opening themes, nice colours for the animation, character cels looked good, really emotive faces, I could never get enough of Saber's emerald eyes, an anime that had battle scenes that I actually liked, an ending that left me feeling good overall and quite content to have watched this series.

Dark and Roar are probably gonna be disappointed in me, but Fate/Stay Night will probably be my favourite series of 2006 for sure. Unless Ergo Proxy really delivers something epic along the home stretch, I don't see it topping FSN. Melancholy looks cool but I doubt it has the epic quality I'm looking for. Anime over the last 2 years has mostly left me feel quite cheated or disgusted when I watch it, but this series gave me that warm feeling I get whenever I watch Last Exile, Fullmetal Alchemist, FLCL, Elfen Lied, Genshiken, Paranoia Agent or Azumanga Daioh. Fate/Stay Night is gonna go into my top 10 fave series of all time.

The most fun I've had watching anime for at least 12 months. Nice to be able to enjoy watching anime again.