PDA

View Full Version : Freak Accident

Chieng Vui Leng
22nd February 2006, 07:30 AM
I've been back in Melbourne for only about two weeks and already I'm hearing all over the news about a freak accident up at Cardross, Mildura, on the border of Victoria and New South Wales.

Check this out: http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,18205444-5001021,00.html

I am appalled. Six lives destroyed in a single accident.

It makes me wonder, sometimes, why innocent lives are always snuffed out like that. I can't imagine the devastation that the close-knit community of Mildura is going through now.

I've actually considered going up there for the funeral on Friday - I'll have to take a coach up tomorrow evening and return by Saturday, long journey (9 hours). In a dilemma now actually, don't know if I should go or not.

As I type this my tears flow freely. I go to bed tonight, a sadder and wiser person.

The_Missing_Link
22nd February 2006, 09:38 AM
It's not a freak accident. Deaths like that happen everyday and it's only a big deal because the town is probably so close-knit. I may be sounding like an ass but if you consider every hit-and-run that happens all around the world, this one doesn't seem so out of the ordinary. Of course it's sad that a lot of kids were killed but that's life

And I suggest that you don't go. You don't have to go to a funeral to pay your respects

Magmar
22nd February 2006, 09:49 AM
try living in Rhode Island. People get killed every day... or worse yet, NYC