PDA

View Full Version : MLG vs. Jolteon100 (Ref: HIAGT) [Highschool Arena Challenge]

MeLoVeGhOsTs
28th February 2006, 01:54 PM
Hello, I made my new custom arena

Single pokemon battle on my new terrain. Testing out my new terrain and getting some points.

Number of Pokemon: 1
I'll send out first, you attack first
Banned moves: Attract, Rest, Substitute, cheapmoves (Destinybond, Grudge, Memento, etc...), Selfdestruct/Explosion and Toxic.
DQ: One week.
Arena: ‘MLG’ State Highschool.

A typical highschool. It has a large building complex with a variety on different classrooms, a great stone terrain, a comfortable grassy area with trees (also reffered as the ‘Schools Garden’), a basement that has soft sofa’s, it’s very dark in there though and a big fountain in the middle of the stone terrain. The rooftop of the entire complex is flat so suitable for battle, only reachable if you have a Flying pokemon or a pokemon that has the Teleport ability. The various classrooms all have their pros and cons:

Videoroom: All seats are spread to the back, rather open classroom ideal for close combat.

Chemistry room: Dangerous. Crowded with seats and a lab. Touching the chemical tubes and potions will resolve into a -5 HP loss. Touching the Ether on the end of the classroom, ontop of the high closet will result into a +5 Energy raise. Poison type moves get a +2 Attackpower boost. (Read: Not the pokemon, but the move.)

Aula/Theater: Big room with lots of seats. A typical aula, nothing special.

Basement: Rather open terrain, very dark and creepy. Dark and Ghost pokemon are advantidge here.

Rooftop: Flat and empty. Flying and Dragon pokemon get a boost up here. Falling off results in a -12 HP loss. (It is high, remember)

Moisty Forest: The schools forest, it is located one mile from the grassy area. Creepy place, the forest is not kept tidy by the janitor. Bug and Grass pokemon get a boost.

Gym: Wide open space. Fighting pokemon get a boost. It has various gym equipment that can be used to power up attack. (+1 attackboost)

Kitchen: The schoolkitchen. A dangerous place, without you expecting it. It has knifes, hot plates, all kinds of things to throw. Fire pokemon get a boost.

Circuitroom: A room that no-one is allowed in. How to get in, no one knows. Electric and steel pokemon get a boost in here.

Stone-terrain: Comparable to the indigo stadium. Just a plain battle terrain, out of stone. The pond in the center gives water pokemon a boost and they regain health in it. (+2 HP)

All battles start on the stone courtyard, on the right side of the fountain.

Any challengers? Ref?

Jolteon100
28th February 2006, 06:39 PM
I will challange you,but who attacks first and who sends out first?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
1st March 2006, 04:10 AM
Woopsie, I forgot. I'll send out first, and you attack first.

I'll use my new female Slowbro, Athene.

Jolteon100
1st March 2006, 08:58 PM
I will use my male Kangaskhan, Pouch

Pouch use Safeguard followed by Flamethrower x2

Safeguard ~ Flamethrower x2

MeLoVeGhOsTs
2nd March 2006, 02:09 AM
Look, I am very sorry, due some stupid mistake I made, I didn't finish the battle, so no points, resulting in no Bellsprout. I'll EDIT my post for another pokemon, then you can change attacks if you wish.

Ref needed.

Jolteon100
2nd March 2006, 01:56 PM
Thats okay, anyway, new attacks for pouch are Safeguard then Thunderbolt x2

Safeguard ~ Thunderbolt x2

MeLoVeGhOsTs
12th March 2006, 03:15 AM
Bumping this, we need a ref.

Hyperness is a Good Thing
12th March 2006, 06:05 AM
*new rookie ref appears*
Errrr..well, if you want I'll ref, but I'm *really really* new to this (first battle) reffed...

So if BOTH of you approve... then I'll post it up..if not.. I'll just spectate many many other matches first and try to improve... >.<

MeLoVeGhOsTs
12th March 2006, 06:13 AM
No, you can try, I like helping out rookies, seeing that I am one myself ^^. and Jolteon100 will agree aswell I think.

First Athene use Calm mind, then use Disable and get him unable to use Thunderbolt anymore, finish off with a powerfull, boosted, STABbed Psychic seeing that he won't be able to do Thunderbolt anymore. That should do it.

Calm Mind ~ Disable ~ Psychic

12th March 2006, 06:17 AM
Thank you for giving me a chance.. and there are type advantages right? *reads the rules*
I'll be posting the battle in roughly 3 hours, I've got to go for dinner now. ^_^

12th March 2006, 10:00 AM
MLG vs Jolteon100

Stats:

Slowbro – F – Athene
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%

Trainer Issued Commands

Athene
Calm Mind ~ Disable ~ Psychic

Pouch
Safeguard ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt

Arena
‘MLG’ State Highschool.

A typical highschool. It has a large building complex with a variety on different classrooms, a great stone terrain, a comfortable grassy area with trees (also reffered as the ‘Schools Garden’), a basement that has soft sofa’s, it’s very dark in there though and a big fountain in the middle of the stone terrain. The rooftop of the entire complex is flat so suitable for battle, only reachable if you have a Flying pokemon or a pokemon that has the Teleport ability. The various classrooms all have their pros and cons:

Videoroom: All seats are spread to the back, rather open classroom ideal for close combat.

Chemistry room: Dangerous. Crowded with seats and a lab. Touching the chemical tubes and potions will resolve into a -5 HP loss. Touching the Ether on the end of the classroom, ontop of the high closet will result into a +5 Energy raise. Poison type moves get a +2 Attackpower boost. (Read: Not the pokemon, but the move.)

Aula/Theater: Big room with lots of seats. A typical aula, nothing special.

Basement: Rather open terrain, very dark and creepy. Dark and Ghost pokemon are advantidge here.

Rooftop: Flat and empty. Flying and Dragon pokemon get a boost up here. Falling off results in a -12 HP loss. (It is high, remember)

Moisty Forest: The schools forest, it is located one mile from the grassy area. Creepy place, the forest is not kept tidy by the janitor. Bug and Grass pokemon get a boost.

Gym: Wide open space. Fighting pokemon get a boost. It has various gym equipment that can be used to power up attack. (+1 attackboost)

Kitchen: The school kitchen. A dangerous place, without you expecting it. It has knifes, hot plates, all kinds of things to throw. Fire pokemon get a boost.

Circuitroom: A room that no-one is allowed in. How to get in, no one knows. Electric and steel pokemon get a boost in here.

Stone-terrain: Comparable to the indigo stadium. Just a plain battle terrain, out of stone. The pond in the center gives water pokemon a boost and they regain health in it. (+2 HP)

Prebattle
The camera zooms in on a wide, empty plateau where a showdown is about to begin. Two Pokemon and their trainers stand beside a merrily bubbling fountain. Athene, a large Slowbro with a bright spark in her eyes that promises of an intelligence beyond that of normal Slowbros, and Pouch, a well built Kangaskhan size each other up silently. The trainers make their commands, with a few whispered last minute words of advice and strategies, and the battle begins!

Battle Start – Round ONE

A shining luminescent aura starts to flicker into life around Pouch as the Kangaskhan begins her first move, Safeguard. While she is charging up, Athene makes her move with her own meditation. Her whole body visibly becomes more relaxed and limber, whereas the shield around Pouch has become thicker and more discernible.

As Athene and Pouch both concentrate on their defensive moves, Pouch sees her chance. She blasts out a concentrated amount of Lightning straight into Athene, who takes the attack head on (12%). Her body shudders with the shock as the lightning attack runs through her. However, she recovers quickly and unfazed, Athene focuses, and a bright red light starts to glow around Pouch. Pouch attempts to struggle, but is now held in temporary stasis, and her anger is evident as she thrashes against Athene's Psychic grip.

Now with Pouch in her power for the time being, Athene can take her time. Gathering her power carefully, she blasts out a concentrated Psychic blast at Pouch just as the red glow of her Disable flickers out.(9%). Pouch is thrown back and she hits the stone terrain floor with a loud crash that knocks the breath out of his body and makes a hole in the stone. She gets up panting, glares at Athene, throws back her head and roars her frustration. Athene responds with a contemptuous flick of her tail, but with no visible change of facial expression.

ROUND ONE END

Ending Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
HP: 88%
Energy: 90%
Status: Pretty much fine, a little tired out from her previous Psychic.
~Increased Special Attack + Special Defence

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
HP: 91%
Energy: 92%
Status: Frustrated, and still feeling the after effects of the Disable attack, a little out of breath.
~A weak safeguard still in place

Arena Status
The fountain is still bubbling as merrily as before, but there is a large hole in the ground where Pouch landed after the Psychic attack

~~~~

Okies, there..done... =) Please do point out whatever mistakes I've made, and I will of course change them and learn from them. ^_^
EDIT: Changed the effects of Calm Mind and added on to the damage and Energy.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
12th March 2006, 01:26 PM
Calm mind also increases Sp.Def. and I think you might wanna add some more damage and energy loss, otherwise it will go way to slow and so. A thunderbolt should have caused lets say 12 damage, regarding calm mind, say 8%/9% so that's a good thing you put there, but the energy loss is a tad to slow, using Psychic/Disable/Thunderbolt costs alot of energy, otherwise good reffing! =D Just trying to help, not to bash you.

Ok, now first teleport to the rooftop and attack from there, he won't be able to hit you because Thunderbolt is disabled. Then fire an Icebeam from the rooftop at him and finish with another Psychic and throw him in the pool!

Teleport ~ Icebeam ~ Psychic

13th March 2006, 06:48 AM
Oh? When I checked the Battle Moves list it said that Calm Mind only increased Special A???
Oh well... =) I'll take your word for it. *edits*

Jolteon100
14th March 2006, 07:07 PM
Pouch first use Mimic when he uses teleport to copy it, then Teleport behind Slowbro onto the roof, then use Toxic

Mimic ~ Teleport ~ Toxic

15th March 2006, 04:28 AM
MLG vs Jolteon 100

Stats:

Slowbro – F – Athene
HP: 88%
Energy: 90%
Status: Pretty much fine, a little tired out from her previous Psychic.

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
HP: 91%
Energy: 92%
Status: Frustrated, and still feeling the after effects of the Disable attack, a little out of breath.
~A weak safeguard still in place

Arena Status
There is a large hole in the ground where Pouch landed after the Psychic attack

Trainer Issued Commands

Athene:
Teleport ~ Icebeam ~ Psychic

Pouch:
Mimic ~ Teleport ~ Toxic

Round Two

Athene begins immediately, narrowing her large round eyes, and concentrating fiercely. Her entire body flickers out and reappears a few seconds later on the rooftop of the school block. Pouch blinks, a bit surprised by her sudden disappearance. Shaking her head, she finally clears out the last of the traces of Disable on her mind. Her body glows with a white light, and flickers out of sight.

Athene, already gathering the Ice Beam in her mouth, freezes stock still in shock at the Kangaskhan’s sudden disappearance. She looks around wildly, not knowing where will he suddenly come from. Silently, Pouch reappears behind her, something she realises only too late. She half-whirls around, and she can no longer control the power that is concentrated in her mouth. A large white beam zig zags wildly out of her mouth, not the perfectly smooth ray of a well excecuted Ice Beam. By some freak chance, it hits Pouch’s left ear, freezing it instantly. (2%)

More annoyed than hurt, Pouch seizes the opportunity to attack. A large purple glob is spat out from her gaping maw, straight onto the face of the Slowbro.(6%) Athene screams in agony, blinking to clear the poisonous liquid from her eyes. However, it is too late, and the poison has struck her.

Her movements hampered slightly by the poison, Athene gathers some strength to unleash a rather weak Psychic attack onto Pouch. (7%) Her eyes glow faintly, and Pouch is knocked back by an unseen force but she manages to catch herself before she is thrown off the roof. As she struggles against the force, she slips, and falls to the floor of the roof with a loud thud. The concrete below her cracks and shatters, and a cloud of fine white dust rises up.

She rises, shaking hier head vigorously, obviously still in good shape.

Poisoned, but with her fighting spirit roaring within her, Athene coolly stares back at her large opponent.

ROUND TWO END

Stats:

Slowbro – F – Athene
HP: 82%
Energy: 77%

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
Energy: 83%
Status: No longer disabled, has a frozen ear, and therefore might have weaker hearing on his left side, otherwise fine.
~Safeguard gone

Arena:
The combatants are now on the rooftop, where there is a cracked area where Pouch landed

__
as usual. do correct me if i make stupid mistakes.

by the way Jolteon100, is Pouch male or female? You said male in your post, but in your sig it says Pouch is female. =) Just checking.

Jolteon100
15th March 2006, 03:16 PM
Pouch is female sorry for the mix-up,

Pouch set up a Substitute (10%), then use Thunderbolt followed by Thunder

Subsitiute ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunder

16th March 2006, 05:21 AM
lol. I editted all the Pouch postings to give HER her real gender.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
16th March 2006, 01:07 PM
Substitute is banned.

Jolteon100
16th March 2006, 04:36 PM
Okay then Pouch use Ice Beam Thunder then Thunderbolt

Ice Beam ~ Thunder ~ Thunderbolt

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th March 2006, 12:51 PM
First use a Yawn and let the Icebeam hit you, your resistant to it and you have a Sp. Def boost. Next up Teleport behind him as he shoots the thunderbolt, missing you. Finish off with a Psychic and throw him off the roof!

Yawn ~Teleport ~ Psychic

19th March 2006, 03:06 AM
MLG vs Jolteon100

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
Energy: 77%

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
Energy: 83%
Status: No longer disabled, has a frozen ear, and therefore might have weaker hearing on his left side, otherwise fine.
~Safeguard gone

Arena Status
The combatants are now on the rooftop, where there is a cracked area where Pouch landed

Trainer Issued Commands

Pouch
Ice Beam ~ Thunder ~ Thunderbolt

Athene
Yawn ~ Teleport ~ Psychic

Round Three
Vertigo

Right at the very beginning of the second round, Athene, a few streaks of purple veining through her body already showing, winces, as the poison throbs through her bloodstream, making its way through her entire being.(4%)

Pouch, taking advantage of his opponent’s momentary weakness opens his mouth to direct a bright white beam that hits Athene on her side, knocking her onto her back.(5%). Athene responds, a little wearily, with a large yawn packed full with little psychic waves that (and perhaps also due to some weird psychological thing) makes Pouch yawn a huge, jaw splitting yawn, and her eyes start to flutter.

Pouch, her eyelids feeling very heavy, aims a large bolt of thunder at Pouch, somewhat slower than her normal speed, perhaps due to her drowsiness. Athene, grinning, easily evades by flickering out of sight once again. She reappears behind the lethargic Pouch, and, with a quick, strong blast of Psychic,(10%) knocks the Kangaskhan off her feet and off the roof.

Falling, and accelerating to terminal velocity(acceleration 9.81m/s), Pouch, who is definitely not sleepy now, concentrates, charging up, and releases a humungous zig zagging bolt of thunder, at the last spot she remembers Athene at. As Athene was confident and happy with the successful Psychic, she has not moved – a bad mistake. The huge jolt of thunder blasts through her, possibly short circuiting some nerve ends and distorting her eyesight and senses.(15%) Stunned and shocked, Athene is almost paralysed, at least temporarily. As she falls, Pouch chuckles and curls up into a little back, trying to prevent any excessive damages from the impact of hitting the ground.

She crashes into the ground for the third time this battle, creating quite a decently large crater, raising very impressive clouds of fine dust that obstruct the view around that area for a while. (Damage from fall: 12%)

ROUND END!

What has become of Pouch? Will she arise well and sound after such a big fall? What too of Athene? How long will she be in stasis? Find out in the next exciting instalment! (rotfl, sorry, been watching too many kiddy shows lately)

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
HP: 68%
Energy: 64%
Status: Poisoned! (will lose 4/5% hp each round) and half paralysed for the moment

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
HP: 60%
Energy: 60%

Arena Status:
Yeaps, there's probably another big hole in the ground where Pouch landed. And clouds of dust in the air. Other than that, same old, same old

As usual, Comments and Criticisms always wanted and appreciated
EDIT: oh my gosh. sorry, was using my head to count. from now on..WILL USE CALCULATOR!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
19th March 2006, 03:54 AM
10 damage from Psychic + 12 damage from the fall = 22 damage. 82% - 22% = 60%, thus Pouch should have 60% instead of 70% Health. Otherwise good and detailed reffing.

Ok good match Athene! Lets proceed. First I want you to teleport to the basement, then Calm mind in there and finish with a Future sight that hits Pouch right after his last attack.

Teleport ~ Calm mind ~ Future Sight

PS: I just realised that Toxic was banned, but I'll leave it be this time. My own fault for not spotting that.

19th March 2006, 04:04 AM
Toxic..eeek
sighs, my fault more than yours. as a ref should have spotted that. UGH UGH.
erm I think Jolteon100 would agree to a handicap given to Athene, since it was a banned move? Like maybe a healing from the poison.

Jolteon100
24th March 2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah you can elimate the Toxic from now on since it was banned before hand

Pouch, if Athene is within close range after using teleport, use Thunder x3, but if she is not, spend an action looking for her until you can hit her.

Thunder/ look for Athene ~ Thunder ~ Thunder

25th March 2006, 02:02 AM
just a quick check on the Arena since MLG created it.. after falling off the roof, Pokemon will end up in the Stone Terrain/Courtyard right?

And the basement is within the school right?
just wanted to confirm this before I post up the battle.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
25th March 2006, 02:33 AM
Yes to both questions.

25th March 2006, 03:17 AM
MLG vs Jolteon100

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
HP: 68%
Energy: 64%
Status: Poisoned! (will lose 4/5% hp each round) and half paralysed for the moment

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
HP: 60%
Energy: 60%

Arena Status:
Yeaps, there's probably another big hole in the ground where Pouch landed. And clouds of dust in the air. Other than that, same old, same old

Trainer Issued Commands

Pouch
Thunder/ look for Athene ~ Thunder ~ Thunder

Athene
Teleport ~ Calm mind ~ Future Sight

Round Four
chamber of nightmares

The referee temporarily interrupts the battle to pour some liquid antidote down Athene’s throat, curing her automatically of the poison that had began to rage through her body, and giving fresh energy to the Slowbro. (Energy +5 – because I previously minused off energy for stress caused by poison)

It is a good question as to which Pokemon will recover first – Athene, from her paralysis, or Pouch, from her nasty fall.

With bated breath, the referee and the two anxious trainers wait, and then they see...
Athene, slowly coming back to life. She blinks, shaking her head, looking around fuzzily, confusion apparent in her face, similar to a typical blur Slowbro on a hot day when faced with the question of eating that convenient Magicarp that has flopped in front of her nice warm rock while she is sunbathing, bones and all, or ignoring the fish and going back to her nap.

However, Athene, being unusual for her species, does snap out of this momentary bewilderment, and she begins her first move, glowing as she uses her considerable psychic powers, and disappears, to reappear right in the middle of the dark, gloomy basement.

There is extremely little light in the basement, and Athene, who came from a bright, sunny rooftop, found her eyes assaulted with sunspots, causing her vision to be distorted for a while.

Meanwhile, Pouch arises from the clouds of dust, coughing, her eyes squeezed tightly closed to protect themselves. She feels her way around blindly until she finally moves away from the dusty area. Athene is nowhere in sight.

Faithful to her master’s commands, Pouch starts to hunt for the Slowbro. Sniffing the air, the large Kangaskhan reaches the basement. Sensing her opponent within, Pouch emits a low growl of pleasure, and enters. She too takes a while to adapt to the different lighting.

Athene meditates, calming herself down for the titanic continuation of the battle.
Pouch, spotting her dim shape in the little light there is in the basement, is extremely gratified with how motionless the Slowbro is – she knows that Athene will not have the time to dodge her Thunder.

A huge bolt of electricity strikes the still Athene, almost knocking off the huge shell on her tail. (13%) Immediately struck by paralysis, Athene, her mind still fully functioning thanks to her meditation , focuses her powerful mind on looking into the future.

Pouch, panting slightly from exertion, charges up again and unleashes another devastating cone of electricity at Athene, causing more damage. (14%). Temporarily spent, Pouch relaxes, very sure that her opponent will be unable to act for the time being.

However, Athene has already seen this as the perfect moment for a Psychic attack as Pouch is currently unguarded and unwary. A bright ball of Psychic energy starts to form at Pouch’s stomach area, and it grows and grows until it completely engulfs the large Pokemon. With a brilliant explosion, the ball dissipates, leaving behind a very stunned Pouch – her physical outward appearance seemingly fine, but as her nose starts bleeding, Pouch falls forward with another stunning crash onto the damp floor of the murky basement. (12% damage)

The battle ends with two prone opponents – one paralysed by the electricity, and the other, hit hard by a psychic blast.

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
HP: 41%
Energy: 49%
~ ++Special Attack ~ + Special Defence

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
HP: 48%
Energy: 34%

Arena
Combatants are currently in the basement. Who knows what haunts that dreary area? Will the battle take on a sinister toll?

~~~~~
So...=) (adds usual "kick me and tell me if i've done something wrong" sign to her back)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
25th March 2006, 03:36 AM
You forgot to add a '+' to Sp.Def aswell ;) Just letting you know. I like your style of reffing. I love to see my arena get put to good use =D Huzzah!

25th March 2006, 04:09 AM
is it?? *checks the battle guide* But the battle guide says that the general special defense doesn't increase unlike the game.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
25th March 2006, 04:13 AM
Ok, that's fine then ^^

Jolteon100
28th March 2006, 02:42 PM
Pouch, use Thunder, then Thunderbolt then take a break

Thunder ~ Thunderbolt ~ take a break

MeLoVeGhOsTs
29th March 2006, 09:15 AM
Athene quickly teleport yourself to the roof again and let him waste energy. Then use another futuresight, hitting him when he takes a break. Then relax for the last part.

Teleport ~ Future Sight ~ Relax

1st April 2006, 09:53 AM
So sorry for the long delay in posting. >.<

MLG vs Jolteon100

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
HP: 41%
Energy: 49%

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
HP: 48%
Energy: 34%

Arena Status
Combatants are currently in the basement. Who knows what haunts that dreary area? Will the battle take on a sinister toll?

Trainer Issued Commands

Pouch
Thunder ~ Thunderbolt ~ take a break

Athene
Teleport ~ Future Sight ~ Relax

Round 5
back to the light?

Athene’s trainer, evidently tired of the dank basement orders Athene to teleport away. However, the Psychic’s Pokemon’s paralysis causes her reflexes to be rather slow. Pouch is no better off, but she rallies, and in a state of bare-awakeness, she unleashes a weak Thunder attack that serves in jolting Athene’s muscles and mind out of total stasis.(6%)

Able to move a little, Athene can now focus properly, and her body shimmers out of sight, only to reappear on the roof. Pouch, who is still in a daze, ends up confused about her opponent’s whereabouts. Unable to use Thunderbolt because the location of Athene is unknown, she stays where she is, looking around, hoping to prevent any sneak back attacks from the Psychic pokemon.

A low, ghostly cry resounds through the basement, and Pouch shudders slightly, her flesh creeping at the thought of the various wild ghost Pokemon wandering around that area.

Athene on the other hand has made ready, and she focuses once again. Her energy is unleashed, ready for a devastating Psychic strike, and she is now able to relax in the sun. (Energy +5%)

Pouch too, seeing that her opponent is not be found, gives up, and sits down with a loud thump in the basement. (Energy +4%) Eyes glow in the darkness around her, and she gazes around uneasily. She starts to feel little chills all over her body, maybe her imagination, or maybe something else? Right when her fear heightens, a ball of pure Psychic energy explodes over her causing considerable damage. (10%) Cold and afraid, Pouch backs up against a nearby wall, eyes scanning her surroundings desperately. Right now she isn’t sure if the attack was from her opponent…or from something else. Athene smirks slightly on the roof, knowing that her Psychic attack had struck and caused damage.

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
HP: 35%
Energy: 35%

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
HP: 38%
Energy: 29%
Status: Afraid, but more or less alert, since fear has woken her up.

Arena
Athene’s sunning on the roof, Pouch is unhappy in the basement. Nothing much more to say, is there?

~~~~~

MeLoVeGhOsTs
1st April 2006, 10:20 AM
Ok Athene, use Amnesia and relax then for the rest off the round.

If she somehow gets up the roof (which I doubt) toss her from the roof with Psychic.

Amnesia ~ Relax ~ Relax

Subs: Psychic

Jolteon100
1st April 2006, 01:24 PM
Pouch, first run out of the building to a safe distance, then use 2 Earthquakes to try and tip the building over

Run away from building ~ Earthquake x2

MeLoVeGhOsTs
2nd April 2006, 07:20 AM
It's a highschool. A giant building, I doubt that you could make it tumble.

2nd April 2006, 09:17 PM
Er. do you want me to go ahead and post the reffings? Cos yeah, I wouldn't think that the school would tumble that easily. But it'll be fun to type.
>.< cos of very sad delays, this reffing post might not be up until...about a few days from now. Sorry!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd April 2006, 03:23 AM
Yeah put it up whenever you have time.

3rd April 2006, 05:21 AM
MLG vs Jolteon100

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
Energy: 35%

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
Energy: 29%
Status: Afraid, but more or less alert, since fear has woken her up.

Arena
Athene’s sunning on the roof, Pouch is unhappy in the basement. Nothing much more to say, is there?

Trainer Issued Commands

Pouch
Run away from building ~ Earthquake ~Earthquake

Athene
Amnesia ~ Relax ~ Relax (subs: Psychic)

Round 6
and it all comes tumbling down..Maybe ^_^

Athene, rousing herself from her sun induced doze, unleashes yet another psychic attack on the Kangaskhan, this time making Pouch temporarily forget Thunderbolt. The Slowbro then continues to enjoy herself, and had she been able too, you would have probably heard her humming away. This battle really is going well for her!

Pouch, after a brief surprise from the Amnesia attack, makes her way all too gladly out of the murky basement. The Haunter that had been lurking around grins his frustration, and fades away, leaving only his grin, just like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. His brethren will not feed today.

Enjoying the sunlight on her face, Pouch moves to a tolerable safe distance from the school, near the stone fountain and begins her attack. She slams a large paw onto the ground and channels her energy into it.

On her rooftop, Athene stirs as she feels the beginning of a few tremors and shakes. The first attempt of Pouch to topple the school fails, causing a few hairline cracks to appear in the concrete walls, but that’s about it. The ground around the school starts to fissure up, and the magnificent lawns in the school garden are starting to look rather ragged.

Pouch shrugs, and tries again. This time, the tremors are a little bigger, and the cracks widen. In the Chemistry lab, several bottles and test tubes rattle and shake, until some fall off their shelves, shattering with a lovely crashing sound. Various unstable chemicals start to mix up, producing a noxious purple gas that may, should it spread around, poison any Pokemon that inhales it. Slabs of dirt are starting to protrude out of the ground, and any garderner would throw his shovel away in despair and swear to interior decorating had he seen such wanton destruction of many years of hard work and care.

Yawning slightly, Athene, despite the increasing shudders beneath her feet still relaxes. She can see nothing to fear, and her large opponent that she can barely see in the distance seems to only be tiring herself out.

The great pillars of support stand tall and firm, but little cracks are soon visible along their marble lengths. Will the school stand if hit by continued Earthquakes, or will Pouch collapse before succeeding?

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
Energy: 40%
Status: Still paralysed but feeling very relaxed and contented

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
Energy: 11%

Arena
Athene’s still on the roof, Pouch is causing great big cracks in the ground. Whee.

~~~~~

Jolteon100
3rd April 2006, 02:41 PM
Pouch use Double Team then take abreak 2 actions to regain your energy

Double Team ~ take a break x2

MeLoVeGhOsTs
4th April 2006, 01:36 PM
Use a Psych Up and copy the double team. Then use Rain Dance to wash the copies away. End with a Surf from the roof, making the rain to your use and putting an end to Pounch.

5th April 2006, 04:20 AM
hey, MLG, isn't Psych up used to copy mental states, not attacks? because if so, you won't be able to copy the double team and it will be used as the second attack.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
5th April 2006, 08:00 AM
Psych Up can copy anything stat boosting, like Calm mind, Swordsdance, Double Team IIRC.

6th April 2006, 05:42 AM
very well MLG. I'll take your word for that. ^_^

MLG vs Jolteon100

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
Energy: 40%
Status: Still paralysed but feeling very relaxed and contented

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
Energy: 11%

Arena
Athene’s still on the roof, Pouch is causing great big cracks in the ground. Whee.

Trainer Issued Commands

Pouch
Double Team ~ Relax ~ Relax

Athene
Psych up ~ Rain Dance ~ Surf

Round 7
the end?
Pouch, her head drooping with visible exhaustion, summons up enough energy to conjure up three decent copies of herself. She slumps down, about the same time as the other clones, so from her rooftop, all Athene can see are four brown shapes that look too tired to move properly.

Greatly encouraged by her opponent’s fatigue, Athene shivers slightly as mental power flows through her body, and several clones shimmer into clearness around her, all looking contented and slightly smug.

Pouch, ordered to relax, does just that, breathing deeply and evenly as she slowly feels her energy coming back. Athene, taking her own sweet time, moves on to her next attack. The fluffy white clouds overhead suddenly start growing, bulking up, and ominous rolls of thunder is heard in the air.

An eternity, or maybe a few minutes later, rain starts to splatter down, first in tiny little droplets, then in huge big drops that really hurt when they hit you.

Pouch’s clones, of course, can not stand this, and they all shimmer out, disappearing one by one. Of course, Athene’s clones, being made out of the same, insubstantial material, suffer the same fate. The big Kangaskhan winces slightly everything a drop, hard and heavy, hits her, whereas Athene is having a marvellous time in her native element.

By now, the rain is a steady downpour, and Athene is ready with her last move. Most of the moisture around is collected around her, and she slams it, a huge body of water, right onto the still resting Pouch. Pouch gives a great big roar, just before she is literally buried in the water. A huge splash later, the waterclogged, half drowned Pokemon emerges, still alive, almost hanging by a thread. (16% damage)

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
Energy: 17%
Status: Still paralysed feeling very relaxed and contented, rather low on energy.

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
HP: 22%
Energy: 20%

Arena
The area around Pouch is now muddy, swampy and the floor is all churned up, and the mud will make moving around very hard.

~~~~~

MeLoVeGhOsTs
6th April 2006, 02:44 PM
Stay up on the roof Athene and relax, then fire another surf with boosted Raindance power. Finish with a Psychic in beam form. If Pounch is dead by then, relax.

Jolteon100
10th April 2006, 08:58 AM
While he is resting use a rain danced Thunder, then use Disable to stop him from using surf, then use another Raind danced Thunder

Thunder ~ Disable ~ Thunder

10th April 2006, 10:03 AM
MLG vs Jolteon100

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
Energy: 17%
Status: Still paralysed feeling very relaxed and contented, rather low on energy.

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
HP: 22%
Energy: 20%

Arena
The area around Pouch is now muddy, swampy and the floor is all churned up, and the mud will make moving around very hard.

Trainer Issued Commands

Pouch
Thunder ~ Disable ~ Thunder

Athene
Relax ~ Surf ~ Psychic/Relax if Pouch is K’Oed

Round 8

The waterlogged Pouch starts off with blasting a huge cone of thunder at the happy Athene, who had been enjoying herself on the roof. The dampness around Athene helps her little as it enables the electricity to be conducted more thoroughly throughout her body(13%). With this additional shock, Athene is barely able to concentrate, much less call up a Surf, but Pouch, being cautious, focuses on the distant Slowbro, and Athene glows with an unearthly red light. However, near exhaustion, it’s all Pouch can do to keep this up. The red glow disappears, and Athene is more or less free.

Slowly, and rather sluggishly, a large beam of psychic energy blasts towards Pouch, knocking back the large Pokemon(11%). Fatigued, but still game to fight, Pouch gets up, and directs another huge bolt of thunder at Athene, causing major damage(14%). However, it seems this is to be Pouch’s swansong, as she collapses, utterly depleted of energy.

Rain continues to fall, pelting the body of the fallen combatant. Athene, with barely enough energy to raise her head, growls softly in triumph, but is too weak to move properly.

Stats

Slowbro – F – Athene
HP: 8%
Energy: 6%

Kangaskhan – F – Pouch
HP: 0%
Energy: 0%

~~~~~

Jolteon100, you fought well, but in the end, Pouch could not take the strain and the tiredness, and she gave in. ^_^ Congratulations to MLG for the win, and congrats to both of you for points earned. By the way MLG, I hope you use this arena more in the future, and I hope more of its rooms will be used during battle. =)
To MLG and HIAGT – 2 points
To Jolteon100 – 1 point

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th April 2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah thanks, this Arena will be my custum so you'll see plenty more of it ;)

Thanks for reffing HIAGT and thanks for playing Jolteon you were a fine contestant.

*runs off with two points*

Jolteon100
10th April 2006, 03:49 PM
A good batte and reffing, and the arena is interesting aswell