PDA

View Full Version : [GAME] Axis Mundi (Round 6) [M.A.]

Magmar
28th February 2006, 04:35 PM
Everyone is required to read the rules again this game. There have been some poignant changes. Also, read the general rules. They have been clarified. Also, this game is Mod Approved by Zak.

The rules can be found here (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/axismundi.htm). This is my choice Random Number Generator (http://www.mdani.demon.co.uk/para/random.htm).

General Rules
1. Do not excessively spam in this topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead players should post only sparsely in the thread, and should not send private messages to living players. They may not give any sort of information about the game to any players that are still alive.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in the thread or they will die instantly.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.

The victims and victors of this round follow:

[color=slategray]Alive
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Shaman
Weasel Overlord - Theurge

Dead
Ace64 - Oracle
Green Lanturn - Elder
Vulpix.ck87 - Vigilante
TheBlueAvenger - Shifter (Serpent)
Heald - Shifter (Bear)
Dark-San - High Elder/Shifter (Datura)
Zcade0 - Shifter (Eagle)
Mega Horny - Guardian Angel
Yero Thropp - Elder (Doom/Vote)
Chris Watarimono - Shifter (Owl)

Roles Alive
Shaman
Theurge

=

First Dawn.

"The spirits are restless!" The High Elder's voice seemed boundless, grounded and amplified by that of Gaea, nature mother. He scanned his surrounding elders, and the other respected village members. His eyes watched them ferociously, for any quiver, for any movement that might indicate their nature that was free from her will.

"We will show them their place, that they are to be trees if they are trees! Wolves must be wolves! There is no tame in nature, and wild is abound, but Gaea does not like those that try to break free of the natural order!"

"Hail!" It was the unanimous cry of a united village. But, it was not less than subtle that a few yelled a little more meekly than their comrades.

As the dawn broke across the hills, and over the treetops, it did its best to penetrate the canopy. However, it seemed that only darkness could reside on the forest floor. Here, where the animal spirits truly communed, watching and waiting, and seeking their chance for freedom. There was no one to trust when anyone could be anyone. Wolf or man? Shifter.

"To whatever end," was the unspoken cry of the shaman's people. They would search, but could they eradicate the beast most in its element in the wild?

End

The current date/time is: DAWN V.

Magmar's Note: Game over! Excellent playing everybody, especially the star of this round: Emotional Faun Chiko-Sai who had nailed the shifters practically spot-on. :)

Mega Horny
28th February 2006, 06:23 PM
neutral

wont hurt on the first 'un

wheeeeoooooo

Green Lanturn
28th February 2006, 06:35 PM
Well, I can certainly say this took me by surprise. I wasnt expecting anything, and them I found I had a private message. Fun!

Anyway, seeing as this is a new round of the same old game, I feel that "nothing ventured, nothing gained!" Can't weed out shifters if you dont start on their trail right away.

But who to vote for?

Im going to toss a vote out, and hopefully it will take us somewhere.(knowing full well this'll probably get me killed off rather quickly)

Ace64

~GL

The Blue Avenger
28th February 2006, 06:38 PM
I'm going to stay neutral for now, mostly because, to paraphrase GL up there, you can't weed out the shifters if you accidentally kill off your Oracle.

Green Lanturn
28th February 2006, 07:13 PM
I'm going to stay neutral for now, mostly because, to paraphrase GL up there, you can't weed out the shifters if you accidentally kill off your Oracle.

The only reason I choose to vote now is because the shifters have won every game of Axis Mundi thus far. I believe in one of the Werewolf Games, Charizard said not voting during the first round is a mistake because it gives the wolves(shifters) a huge lead.

I cant help if I accidentally kill off the oracle(I highly doubt it), and I hate to use Yero's thought process, but seeing as ive been a shifter in all the other games expect AM Round 3, and several peopleh havent been at all, and considering what I am now, I feel the benefits outweight the risk.

I vote for someone that has not yet been a shifter.

My vote for Ace64 does not change, unless you have some GREAT reason for thinking Ace is the oracle.

Feel free to explain.

~GL

The Blue Avenger
28th February 2006, 07:19 PM
I understand your thought process, but I really just don't want to vote wildly. With the amount of special roles that this game has, the odds are against getting a shifter on the first try, 3:1 if I've done the math right.

Besides, just because Ace's never been a shifter doesn't mean that he's one this round. It is randomized. 0_o

Magmar
28th February 2006, 07:29 PM
Yes, I just wanted to verify that I indeed randomized the results. I randomized the numbers 1-12, numbering each role 1-12. Then I went down the player list and if, say, I randomized 13, then Ace64 gets Role #13 on the list (there is no Role 13, I just don't want people to think I'm giving a clue), and so forth until Zcade0, who gets whatever number is remaining. Also, I then randomized four numbers out of 1-8, and those were the Shifter roles. Everyone gets a fair shot at each role. You could be a shifter for five rounds of this game and still be one this round. I didn't pay attention to previous roles, but you can be assured that it's not the exact same game as Round 5! Plus we had one extra player in Round 5. So as always, be wary of using logic based on previous rounds! :)

This post was primarily for people who are relatively new to the game, who may not be aware of this process.

Ace64
28th February 2006, 09:07 PM
I can see what you're saying, GL. A big factor in the Shifter's victory the past three times has been because everyone votes neutral the first round, pretty much giving them a free kill. I definitely intend to throw a vote out this round, just because of that fact. Even if I turn out to be round, we need to attempt to make some progress. Still, like Magmar said, I wouldn't be too quick to vote randomly here. I've been an Elder twice and a Guardian Spirit once...never have I been a Shifter. However, I also have never been the High Elder, Vigilante, Oracle,Shaman, and of course, the Theurge.

Anywho, I don't plan to throw a retaliatory vote back at you. Ultimately, the only one who can change your vote is you. So far, the only people to have spoken out is you and TBA, and as of now, I have no reason to suspect either of you. Instead,I'll wait it out for a bit and see who gets my attention.

Neutral for now.

Dark-San
28th February 2006, 11:21 PM
[b][size=3] What happen to Plantae? Is he busy with other things? Why isn't he in the game this time round?

Neutral for now.

Weasel Overlord
1st March 2006, 05:17 AM
[color=thistle]I am going wth the bandwagon and voting for Ace64. Sorry if you're innocent, but too many first rounds with no deaths have given the shifters the victory.

Ace64

Chris Watarimono
1st March 2006, 06:50 AM
I'm afraid I have to agree with Green Lanturn and Weasel and vote Ace64 as well. Sorry man...=\

-Chris R.

Charizard04621
1st March 2006, 08:40 AM
Omg, people are finally listening to me way after I quit playing ><

Greyfox
1st March 2006, 09:36 AM
Wasn't my name supposed to be included in this round as well? I mean, no one told me anything about it... :(

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype]-Grey

Heald
1st March 2006, 10:39 AM
It looks like Ace is going but since there are no dooms for the first round I'm going to go neutral. Good luck.

Magmar
1st March 2006, 10:57 AM
Wasn't my name supposed to be included in this round as well? I mean, no one told me anything about it... :(

I am sorry. Times... 10. I used the template Plantae sent me, and his template hadn't included your name. I'm extremely sorry about this... PM me. I'm sure there's something we can work out. I want you to be able to participate. I'm going to talk to Plantae about it.

Plantae has a barrel full of schoolwork and band-related commitments for this week. That's why his leave has been taken.

Round ends in another six hours or so. Everyone vote! :)

Ace64
1st March 2006, 02:14 PM
If I die, I die. That's the way it is. But the rest of you...remember who voted for me, and who chose not to.

That's all.

Greyfox
1st March 2006, 02:47 PM
I am sorry. Times... 10. I used the template Plantae sent me, and his template hadn't included your name. I'm extremely sorry about this... PM me. I'm sure there's something we can work out. I want you to be able to participate. I'm going to talk to Plantae about it.

Plantae has a barrel full of schoolwork and band-related commitments for this week. That's why his leave has been taken.

Round ends in another six hours or so. Everyone vote! :)

No worries. There's certainly no need for you to go out of your way trying to get me a part; b'sides, if my list is suddenly put on the list, then everyone's gonna know who I am.

It's good that I'm sitting this round out anyway; my internet connection is rather flaky at the moment.

Yero Thropp
1st March 2006, 02:49 PM
Heh, that's the second time someone mentioned my "though process"...

For the last few games, I haven't voted on round one. The reason I thought it was a good idea at first was because there weren't nearly as many rolls. For example, if you have 6 shifters, 5 elders and 1 Guardian Spirit, the odds of hitting a bad guy are 50/50, but the odds of hitting the Guardian Spirit are 1/12. It's not as bad if all the Elders die than if a special role dies. Now, we have only 4 shifters, and only 2 Elders, plus a High Elder, a Shaman, a Guardian Spirit, the Oracle, the Theurge, and the Vigilante. That's 4 bad guys and 9 good guys.

IOW, the odds of hitting a good guy special role is much higher on the first round than killing off a shifter. Because there are so many special roles now, it's dangerous to vote on the first round (unless you're a shifter.)

I am Neutral for now.

Magmar
1st March 2006, 05:20 PM
As the dust clears, it becomes evident that the recent riot has resulted in a dead citizen of the town. Lo and behold, the body of

Ace64 - Oracle

lays at everyone's feet. An Elder notices the sun setting in the background, initiating Dusk I.

Good call, everyone.

Just a reminder for certain people to read their role descriptions. If your ability is Dusk, don't send me a vote during Dawn. That person may be deceased by Dusk...

Happy hunting.

The Blue Avenger
1st March 2006, 05:39 PM
You know, I rather think this calls for the invocation of the "I told you so" clause.

Weasel Overlord
1st March 2006, 05:45 PM
[color=thistle]Oh friggin hell! I'm sorry Ace! That'll teach me to follow bandwagons..I don't usually, either! ><

Green Lanturn
1st March 2006, 06:07 PM
Ill take your "I told you so" to heart for now TBA, but sorry as I am for having killed off the oracle, this revealed quite a bit more than I expected.

No offense Ace, but some purpose came out of your death, certainly, your death wasnt in vain, and in essence, your oracle powers came out earlier than expected.

Ill say no more, but wait to see what Dusk will bring.

~GL

Chris Watarimono
1st March 2006, 08:02 PM
I'll follow suit and apologize to you too Ace. Sorry man. =\

-Chris R.

Green Lanturn
1st March 2006, 08:19 PM
....*annoyed*

bah....Im a good guy, and I have high suspicions my suspicions will likely lead to my death, so a few suspsicions on my part if you will.

Ace left saying the right thing, look at who voted for him.

Some people have been really quick to jump on the bandwagon, especially Chris W.

Dont rule out the other voter, WO. Cant be too careful with either of them.

But there is someone to trust, look for who fought to keep Ace.

If Im still here in the coming dawn, let all hell brake loose, if im not...bombs away.

~GL

Ace64
1st March 2006, 08:40 PM
Awwww, man! Nothing hurts more than being called a liar when you know you're telling the truth..only in this case, I guess it has more to do with Shifterdom, or something. Sucks to be taken out so early again, but I don't blame the good guys who voted for me (assuming you all are good guys..). After all, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

*sigh* Guess I'll wait for the next round, since a few more stringent rules have been placed on dead-speak. See ya.

Weasel Overlord
2nd March 2006, 03:55 AM
[color=thistle]You're right Lanturn, Ace did say look at who voted for him. But I say, look at the person who started it all off in the first place.

It seems to me that you are trying to put yourself and others in a good light, something that perhaps a shifter would do...?

Now, I'm not accusing anyone, but I reckon we shouldn't take Dawn One votes as grudges, or as meaning anything more than humans wanting to win. I for one am sick of the shifters' almost constant stream of victories.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
2nd March 2006, 05:13 AM
Huh? A new round started? >< ah crap I'm so blur...
Anyway I'd just like to say again that bandwagons are evil, don't believe the truth, and I will definitely forego homework for 5 minutes and remember to check AM topics in future... that is all.

Magmar
2nd March 2006, 05:16 AM
It's okay, Emo-Faun! ^_^; What's up??

Ah I'm only waiting on a couple more votes... and then I can start Dawn II a little early, I suppose.

Magmar
2nd March 2006, 03:48 PM
Well, I just found out a friend of mine committed suicide, but I'll still be posting here of course.

The sun rose, shining its Barry-cant-write-poetry-right-now light on the dead body of the hexed, purified and voted Green Lanturn, who was, in reality, an Elder. RIP buddy.

Dawn II begins.

Heald
2nd March 2006, 04:03 PM
I notice Vulpix.ck87 hasn't posted in this thread yet, and usually when Shifters don't want to be noticed or voted for, they stay in the shadows. Plantae did this last time and from what I've seen Vulpix.ck87 tends to do this as a Shifter, therefore I'm going to take a gamble and vote for...

Vulpix.ck87

Unless someone gives me a very good reason not to do so.

The Blue Avenger
2nd March 2006, 04:08 PM
Holy crap! GL was killed 3 different ways? ...wow.

And what Heald says appeals to my sense of logic. Unless I see something better, I'ma go with Vulpix.ck87.

Mega Horny
2nd March 2006, 04:14 PM
As am I, Vulpix.ckwhatever

Vulpix.ck87
2nd March 2006, 04:53 PM
hey hey hey! I just got in from work guys, let's not jump to conclusions please :redface: I vote.. um.. um.. Blue Avenger.

His earlier comments displease me..

Weasel Overlord
2nd March 2006, 04:54 PM
[color=thistle]Bandwagons eh? Well, BlueAvenger, you contradicted yourself there matey by jumping on the Vulpix wagon.

Hence, I'm voting for TheBlueAvenger.

Heald
2nd March 2006, 05:00 PM
It isn't really a bandwagon, I gave fairly good evidence againt Vulpix that I'm confident in. Sorry if you're a good guy but the odds of hitting a Shifter are slimming and we don't have much to work with.

Anyway, TheBlueAvenger called it right when he voted neutral because he didn't want to kill off the Oracle, which we did. Therefore, WO is simply joining the TBA bandwagon which Vulpix started without any good reason, simply shifting (sorry for the unintentional pun) the blame. All the more subtext pointing towards shifter-hood. My vote remains with Vulpix.

Weasel Overlord
2nd March 2006, 05:04 PM
[color=thistle]Um Heald? Look at the time between our posts. One minute. Vulpix had posted a minute before myself, in fact, when I posted my message it said another message has been posted but I posted mine anyway.
After the first dawn, I ain't jumping on any wagons.

Heald
2nd March 2006, 05:12 PM
Good point. Even so, that still doesn't change the fact that Vulpix has not given a good reason for trying to vote off TBA, except to simply try and draw fire away from herself.

The Blue Avenger
2nd March 2006, 05:43 PM
In my defense, there's a difference between merely jumping on a bandwagon and following logic that makes sense to you.

Green Lanturn
2nd March 2006, 05:55 PM
[dead]Well, I cant say I didnt expect the shifter vote, but the other two blew me away. LOL, I'm the only player in the history of this game to be unanimously killed off at night by every single role, including the good ones,lol.

Well, no comments now. Just dont let the darn shifters win, and at least now, you can see I wasnt lying in my arguements,lol.

~GL[dead]

Ace64
2nd March 2006, 06:00 PM
DEAD/ Three more human kills left, and we lose! Again! Which means we this Dawn, one Dusk, and maybeeee the next Dawn. Please please please, use some reason here, and that goes twice for dusk roles.

Vulpix.ck87
2nd March 2006, 06:13 PM
Why do you guys wanna kill me just because i arrived a little late? So schmean.. ;_; I see no reason for this. It's not logic, it's speculation.

Hell, for all we know, all the shifters were active, and that'd count me out, cansarnit!

The Blue Avenger
2nd March 2006, 06:17 PM
Okay, if you were at work, that's understandable. But as of now, the only other choices are either vote myself - I'm sure you understand if I don't do that - or take a doom point thingy - also understandable, I think. Also, I don't really have any ideas about who to suspect, so any logic at the moment is better than none. So, as I said earlier, present me with compelling evidence towards someone else, and I'll probably change my vote.

Dark-San
2nd March 2006, 06:22 PM
[b][size=3] No evidences. This game is still too early to determine the shifters, the humans would need better luck.

My choice would go to Vulpix. No questions why but her name sounds like be a better choice than the Blue Avenger.

Vulpix.ck87
2nd March 2006, 06:53 PM
Only choices? Voting for me or getting a doom, those are your only options? You could vote for ANYONE, atleast to even it out, and that way you'd avoid killing a ruddy human ><

Yes Dark-San, it is too early for evidence, and our oracle died by the first round of votes, so if i pretended i knew something i'd be just another person pointing the finger.

I don't know why im trying to convince you guys, you're probably all shifters anyway.. ¬_¬ AAAALL of you. heh.

Bleh, kill me and you've got your evidence and the shifters, ie. the people so intent on killing me off.

The Blue Avenger
2nd March 2006, 07:03 PM
Yes Dark-San, it is too early for evidence, and our oracle died by the first round of votes, so if i pretended i knew something i'd be just another person pointing the finger.

Exactly my point. I don't know anything, really, concerning anybody. You're the only person against which there is any sort of evidence, however shaky. And with our failure last round, I'd sooner vote for someone with a little bot of evidence than someone with no evidence.

Vulpix.ck87
2nd March 2006, 07:13 PM
*sighs* fine. You seem to have a rather loose definition of evidence, TBA, but fine. Vote for me. You'll either be looking pretty smug if you're a shifter, or be feeling like a total dumbass if you're a human.

3 humans down after this dawn i suppose. Kudos to TBA and his cronies. Yaaaay.

The Blue Avenger
2nd March 2006, 07:19 PM
Look, I even admitted that the evidence against you was shaky. I tried being reasonable...

So, as I said earlier, present me with compelling evidence towards someone else, and I'll probably change my vote.

You have failed to do so, and so I really see no reason to change my vote.

Chris Watarimono
2nd March 2006, 08:01 PM
Despite these quarrels, I'm going to be neutral this round. Even though there's speculation against Vulpix, I feel awful after jumping in too early last Dawn and carrying some responsibility in knocking out our Oracle.

-Chris R.

Magmar
2nd March 2006, 08:40 PM
Hey all,

Thank you for the private messages and AIM messages as well in regards to my friend. I still don't know how he did it... or why... but I did find out that he called my house the night of the act. My grandma forgot to tell me.

I could've saved his life! ARGH! So frustrating!

Well, I'm not ending this Dawn until tomorrow, anyway, because some people haven't voted yet. By the way, what's the clause on not posting at all during Dawn I? Is that a Doom? Some people haven't replied at all yet this Dawn, so I can't end it yet because it hasn't been a fair 20 hours.

Also, just a reminder--do NOT submit Dusk II votes early! The person you vote for might be dead by the time Dusk II starts!

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
3rd March 2006, 06:05 AM
Ehehe <_< >_> yes.. I haven't put in my dawn vote yet... and since I am very against bandwagon logic and am currently still reeling from homework woes (brain not functioning properly, all I can think about now is ways to make cakeboxes)... I'm going to take a wild guess and vote

Weasel Overlord

cos she's jumped on two bandwagons already so far. Sorry if I'm wrong ne ><;;

Mega Horny
3rd March 2006, 07:24 AM
[color=thistle]I am going wth the bandwagon and voting for Ace64. Sorry if you're innocent, but too many first rounds with no deaths have given the shifters the victory.

Ace64

A post like this^? Shifter. Weasel Overlord.

Weasel Overlord
3rd March 2006, 08:58 AM
[color=thistle]I have jumped on one bandwagon. One single one. My second vote was posted exactly one minute after Vulpix's, I have already stated that fact. When I went to post, that red message popped up telling me that there was another message posted, but I posted anyway! I'm sick of explaining this...

And Mega Horny? Try getting some actual evidence before leaping on any one person. Maybe if you'd explain your reasoning, insted of simply accusing me of being a shifter then your arguement would be more convincing. As it is, I think I'll change my vote to you, Mega Horny.

Mega Horny. Retaliation vote it may be, but right now, I couldn't care less.

Magmar
3rd March 2006, 04:21 PM
As the sun goes down, the cries of the Vigilante are heard throughout the land...

Dead:
Vulpix.ck87 - Vigilante

Begin Dusk II. Dusk voters, start paying attention to the thread and look beyond the shallow... read BETWEEN the lines.

Mega Horny
3rd March 2006, 04:40 PM
Without many leads i usually take into consideration the tiny details. After all, he did make a jist in his post that he 'didn't' want the shifters to win and in my previous experiences, I have found this as a false defense. To be honest, I'm not all that sure and I'm not looking for a bandwagon, merely stating what I believe. And for someone who is so concerned with voting with real evidence, you gave no reasoning, even to retaliate, other than spite.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
3rd March 2006, 07:52 PM
Ehhe, Weasel's a girl...
Actually I had voted Weasel-tan only because I did not want to go along with voting Vulpix, and was fairly sure no one else would follow suit; also I don't know why but you looked guilty to me *cringes*

Magmar
4th March 2006, 09:07 AM
All dusk votes are in! There's no sense in continuing to leave Dusk going any longer.

As the sun rises, the dead body of
The Blue Avenger - Shifter (Serpent)

is spotted on the ground. Begin Dawn III!

The Blue Avenger
4th March 2006, 09:13 AM
What the heck.

Since I wasn't 'purified', that must mean that my fellow Shifters took me out. I mean, granted, I was shooting my mouth off, but still...

Heald
4th March 2006, 09:22 AM
The Shaman's hex is probably at work here, so good pick whoever it was. Now its five humans to three Shifters.

Mega Horny seems eager to vote off Weasel Overlord who has been contributing some decent posts. WO could be using this as a cover, but since she voted for TBA to begin with, it seems unlikely she is a Shifter, although she did change her vote when TBA's votes began to accumulate. It's a toss-up between you two, but Mega Horny seems to be throwing votes out for no reason, which leads me to believe that he is in fact a Shifter.

Mega Horny

Also, sorry Vulpix, but Shifters in the past usually never say anything until they are accused.

Mega Horny
4th March 2006, 09:36 AM
My reasoning is merely that Weasel Overlord metnioned in his post that she was opposed to the shifters, and she probably is, I'm just saying that it COULD be in defense and that its the best lead i've seen yet, but if you truly believe hes not, then I will reconsider my vote. I'm merely trying to find every little detail, but you may be right.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
4th March 2006, 09:52 AM
*dodges out of way of crossfire* Yeah, I'm a scaredy cat...
Voting

Zcade0

because HE'S being sooooOOooooOOoooo quiet. Quieter than Vulps was, mind you.

Weasel Overlord
4th March 2006, 10:06 AM
[color=thistle]I don not appreciate people voting for me without evidence, or with scant evidence. I also don't appreciate people mixing up my gender! See the little pink girl symbol? That means I'm a girl...

Anywho, let's cut to the chase. Mega Horny, you haven't justified a single one of your votes so far, and this leads me to believe that you are a shifter, just voting randomly and not even trying to give reasons for your choices.

Hence, my vote goes to Mega Horny.

Also, are you voting for me this round or not? Cos the last time you voted for me was last dawn...remember?

and for the last time I AM A GIRL!!

Mega Horny
4th March 2006, 11:12 AM
(sorry, mistyped)

Your post and your PM contradict eachother.

And I also have stated my reasons above, twice. True, they aren't the most valid evidence, but the best lead I've seen. Moreover, your PM leads me to think you're trying to trick me.

If youre truly telling the truth you would recall your vote.

Zcade0
4th March 2006, 02:06 PM
I'm still alive! I've just had a busy week in school and haven't had the time to vote yet!.
for lack of better evidence.....
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai

Chris Watarimono
4th March 2006, 02:43 PM
I'm going to vote for Mega Horny as well.

1) His first vote in Dawn II seemed a bit bandwaggony if I could call it. It seemed like TBA and Mega Horny were working together to feed off of Heald's logic to remove Vulpix from play, where most everyone else followed afterward.
2) His change in vote in Dawn II seemed a bit sketchy as well, since he was drawing evidence with little basis, or in this case, using evidence from Dawn I.
2) Weasel seems pretty human to me. No human and shifter would work together to eliminate a player - or in this case Vulpix and Weasel. If Vulpix is human, then Weasel should be human too.

-Chris R.

Mega Horny
4th March 2006, 05:00 PM
Well, I have concluded that my theory is not very valid, so i guess that leaves Zcade, he has been quiet, plus he shows no evidence, and I don't have any better leads. Just because I'm new at this game and I'm not acting like I "Should" doesn't mean I'm a shifter.

Zcade0

EDIT: (Braintfart, did not change vote)

Weasel Overlord
4th March 2006, 06:06 PM
[color=thistle]*sings* Jumpin on the bandwaggon! Jumpin on it gooood! ahem...I'm not really...

Anywho, I wanna change my votey to Zcade0!

*is drunk, so don't mind her* Yes, I am drunk...bluh! Ahem...what I mean is all the evidence from previous games has pointed towards Zcade staying almost completely silent whenever he's a shifter. Henceforth, this game, he has been completely silent. Also, the whole retaliation vote thing is highly suspicious...but you can't expect me to talk sense right now...BLAH!

Dark-San
4th March 2006, 07:57 PM
A post like this^? Shifter. Weasel Overlord.

[b][size=3] I don't know where you get your theory from. It is either a bold attempt to rid the game of the shifters or it could be an attempt to get the attention off you so as to lay the blame of the shifters to others.

Mega Horny, you got to go.

Mega Horny
4th March 2006, 08:05 PM
I didnt even vote for her, and I did present my reasons, but obviously it is somehow invisible to other people.
You can vote for who you like, and I may die, but one day your snide comments may come back at you in the form of regret.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
4th March 2006, 09:06 PM
Um, actually, in this case, I think Mega Horny is partially right... he *did* change his vote, you know... Although usually vote changes are suspicious, some of the time it's because people screwed up bad.

Dark-San
4th March 2006, 09:40 PM
[color=thistle]and for the last time I AM A GIRL!!

[b][size=3] Gender confusion! Next time Weasel, you should really put up a real picture of yourself at the avatar. Then people will know that you are a lady. ;P

Although usually vote changes are suspicious, some of the time it's because people screwed up bad.

[b][size=3] He change his vote? Givemme a moment. *Goes checking* Oh yea, he change his vote to Zcade0!

To me if given a choice between a quiet player and a suspicious player, I will take out the latter on the dawn vote and do away the quiet one at the dusk vote. After all in the end, we would still have to take chances of killing away the more active one.

Magmar
4th March 2006, 11:15 PM
As the sun begins to set in the distance, a bizarre shine of light shoots down from the sky. This shining light slams into Heald, killing him.

Dead:
Heald - Shifter (Bear)

Begin Dusk III.

Heald
5th March 2006, 06:20 AM
I don't know how I died. Someone please enlighten me.

EDIT : I've checked the rules over and over. The Shaman used the hex at Dusk II and therefore needs to wait until Dusk III to use it again, therefore I couldn't have been killed by the Shaman.

The Theurge can only use its powers at Dusk, so I couldn't have been killed by the Theurge either.

I'm really racking my brains over this.

Magmar
5th March 2006, 07:46 AM
Shaman can use Hexing powers once per cycle. A cycle is Dawn/Dusk; I've clarified this with Plantae. There's no clause against using powers Dusk II and Dawn III. Shaman cannot use powers on this Dusk, however.

Heald
5th March 2006, 07:59 AM
Ah right, fair does. When I was Shaman, I didn't think that was the case.

Well, either way, we're boned, due to a number of circumstances out of our hands, but never mind.

Magmar
5th March 2006, 02:18 PM
As the blackness fades to red and yellow and sunrise approaches, a growl is heard in the distance--the Shifters have struck, and...

...but wait! With a flash of light, the Guardian Angel steps between the shifters and the target. The attack is sent reeling into the forest.

Suddenly, the Sun is blocked off by a dark cloud, and time seems to stand still. It is now Dusk IV, as the High Elder has turned into Datura.

But out of the darkness of the shadows, a ray of light shoots from the Theurge's palm, tearing the Datura plant to shreds. The form of the High Elder collapses to the ground, deceased.

Dead:
Dark-San - High Elder Turned Datura

Dusk IV begins.

Magmar
6th March 2006, 05:40 AM
After successfully spraining my ankle (I have the worst luck, don't I?) the dust clears, revealing two fallen beings laying in the rubble. The sun peaked over the horizon, revealing the faces of

Dead:
Mega Horny - Guardian Angel
Zcade0 - Shifter (Eagle)

Begin Dawn IV.

Zcade0
6th March 2006, 02:17 PM
how am I dead?

Dark-San
6th March 2006, 10:02 PM
[b][size=3] I must say before I defect to the shifter's side, I was pretty confident that the shifters would win due to the good start after they took out the Oracle and the Vigilante.

However I must say that the downfall begins with the inactiveness of Zcade0. Whatever we plan, Zcade0 was not there to participate. Zcade0 was a major disappointment to the shifters.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
6th March 2006, 11:25 PM
As of now there are very few leads for the last shifter; I'm going with

Yero Thropp

until he or someone else convinces me otherwise, or I change my mind, being the undecisive creature I am. ^^;;

Magmar
7th March 2006, 01:12 AM
May as well end Dawn IV now on a Doom vote.

Dead: Yero Thropp - Elder

Dusk V begins... this is the furthest we've ever made it ^_^;

Plantae
7th March 2006, 06:57 AM
Plantae here with an update. Witch Trials is yet unfinished, but I have been using the time. The next game after this will not start immediately either, but considering it should be done by about Wednesday- the game after will start this weekend, Sunday to be exact (that is if there are no further complications).

Magmar
7th March 2006, 08:38 AM
I wish people would vote -_-

Magmar
7th March 2006, 03:26 PM
The only vote we got was a successful vote to hex Chris Watarimono, which has resulted in the death of the final shifter. Humans have FINALLY won! It's about time :) Some more activity would be nice... and for next round, let's remember The Arbiter ^_^;; poor guy, I felt AWFUL about that!

Zcade0
7th March 2006, 04:53 PM
HOW DID I DIE????? I WASN"T QUALIFIED FOR A DOOM YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (though, I didn't vote on dawn 4 b/c I was dead)

The Blue Avenger
7th March 2006, 05:01 PM
Maybe you got Theurged.

Anyway, back on topic...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ahem. Good game, all. Looking forward to the next round...

Weasel Overlord
7th March 2006, 05:02 PM
[color=thistle]Zcade dear, I purified you. And may I take this moment to dance on the mutilated corpses of the shifters...*links arms with Yi-wen and capers over corpses*

As much as I hate to say it...we PWND you!! snigger...

Heald
7th March 2006, 05:04 PM
General inactivity and the humans finally getting decent abilities (although are now overpowered compared to some of the lamer Shifter abilities...such as the Bear with his measly 25% protection) contributed to our loss. It's quite ironic. I play a role that is weak and ineffective, I raise issue, then it will probably receive a power boost then I will fall foul to its power-up in the next game.

It wasn't a bad game, but people, if you're going to say you're in, PLEASE ACTUALLY GET ONLINE. We would have definitely won if our entire Shifter team was active the whole week, whereas Yero was the only human to be inactive.

One suggestion : with the addition of the Theurge and now the Shaman is actually a really strong role, the Guardian Spirit needs a nerf, perhaps only having a 50% chance of protecting its target. These three overpowered abilities managed to nullify any chance we had of coming back after our inactive members let us down.

Chris Watarimono
7th March 2006, 05:25 PM
I wish people would vote -_-

Considering Dusk V started in 2AM and lasted all through the early morning, it isn't suprising that nobody was able to post.

As far as I knew, I felt pretty screwed up in the last leg. If I voted too early, I'd get labelled out as shifter. Once Chiko voted though, it was way past my bedtime, screwing up my gameplan.

And yeah, I agree with Heald with the Theurge and Shaman abilites - 50% chance to nuke a player and 25% chance to screw dawn and dusk voting over seems pretty skewed up.

-Chris R.

Green Lanturn
7th March 2006, 05:33 PM
Well, I was most surprised by some of the actual Shifters.

Chris was really the only one i would have targeted.

But yeahness, finally a human victory.

Well, till the wtich trails then.

~GL

Heald
7th March 2006, 05:34 PM
In essence this game is about the power of deduction - people should be able to find the Shifters through logic and analysing, not by using powers to try and get lucky by aiming for any random schlub...this is particularly evident for the Theurge who does not have to worry about nuking a human because his powers don't affect humans.

Also, I think that full cycle should be any period of dawn and dusk, whether it be dusk before dawn or dawn before dusk, otherwise, as the Shifters found out, it really screws the Shifters up.

The problem is, I'm going to say all these things, then the humans get nerfed, I get put on the human side and we get raped by the Shifters. Bah.

Anyway, roll on the Witch trials.

Plantae
7th March 2006, 06:03 PM
The problem is that the Shaman was experimentally changed to 50% chance from 25%, as it began as. It may well be the Theurge that needs a fix to 25%, and the Bear role also. But it is not cause for alarm that the humans won- I know the Theurge, that being Weasel Overlord, was not aiming for random schlubs. She used her powers as given, and suspicions to help out her team. In essence, there is some unluck with the shifters for their inactivity, but it was a mostly good game.

Works continues on Witch Trials, of course. The Axis Mundi rules will not be edited unless they are used again, in which case I will remember this game's issues.

Ace64
7th March 2006, 08:39 PM
Cool. Despite being the first one out, the humans finally break the streak. Of course, a lot of it had to do with luck- but a win's a win, and we'll take it.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
7th March 2006, 08:48 PM
Hweehwee, Zcade, I hexed you good :D I did a *lot* of hexing this time, (explaining about 2 of the 3 untimely Shifter deaths) but screwed up with GL and Yero (on which the hex failed, and he doomed out anyway) Unfortunately it looks like my 50% ability is going to be downed to the usual measly 25% again... and yes, the shifter ability for Bear does suck!! ^^;; (which was my initial reaction when I read the Shifter abilities bit... not because Heald was so easy to hex or anything)
Incidentally Wurzel and I found out each other's abilities around Dawn/Dusk II, but were still having big problems with who was innocent and who was not (ex. Mega Horny and Yero were horrible cockups, fortunately as Heald said the Theurge ability does not affect humans) ...anyway... a few lucky guesses in and...
*dances with Wurzel* Yayay. Humans won! Kick out a jam!

Plantae
7th March 2006, 09:42 PM
An update: Witch Trials is 50% or so done, but all that is left is role descriptions (which are copied from my outline) and retyping preexisting rules. They should be up by tomorrow, and we will have an immediate discussion as to balance.

And yes, they are likely to be terribly convulted. There are lots of roles this time around. Thirteen to be exact. It is a witching number.

Yero Thropp
7th March 2006, 10:32 PM
Hello everyone!

Sorry about my inactivity... as of this weekend I started spring break, and my gf abducted me over the weekend. I have been without a computer since until yesterday night. My apologies.

As for the balancing... in my last game as a shifter, I noticed that activity for the shifters is a must; I once recieved a message that game saying that I was the only shifter who actually voted twice, and the third time my dusk vote didn't count because, again, none of the other shifters were voting. Two were inactive.

However, though one (or was it two?) shifters were inactive this game, we were without an Oracle in the beginning. In fact, I believe that we were very lucky in the end, when the Shaman's hex killed off a Shifter, and the Guardian Spirit managed to save whoever was going to die. A lot of things happened right at the end that was lucky for the humans.

All in all, I think we should give the Bear a better chance of survival, maybe 50%, and then we should test this version out again. A lot of "maybe this could happen"'s happened this game; we should try it out more in the future to see what the odds would be like without the maybe's.

Plantae
7th March 2006, 10:58 PM
The rules for Witch Trials are complete. You can find them here (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/witchtrials.htm).

And if that link is for some reason down, try here: http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/witchtrials.htm.

This is a long and complex read, for which I sincerely apologize. This is open now to discussion. Propose and balance ideas or clarification questions, or any questions here so that they do not come up in game. Read carefully.

Mega Horny
8th March 2006, 04:59 PM
I post here? In the old thread? Ok. Ill wait until someone else posts input before I make any decisions, mainy posting so I can check for new posts more often ;)

Plantae
8th March 2006, 05:13 PM
I would move it to a brainstorm thread, but that would be out of place here.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
8th March 2006, 09:10 PM
Oh yeah, about the Speaker Role, I may be showcasing a magnificent display of blurness to the world but never mind: Does the Speaker 'speak' directly (ie. PM directly) to the deceased person or does he go through the host for everything? (including oath, agreements, blahblah)

Plantae
8th March 2006, 09:14 PM
Everything is done through the host. An excellent clarification question, as I believe I might have made this somewhat unclear through poor wording.

Weasel Overlord
9th March 2006, 12:45 PM
[color=thistle]And what is it exactly that the zombies, risen dead etc. do? Can they kill people? *realises that it's probably written there, but is too lazy to read it properly* It's a bit dense Jobes...

Plantae
9th March 2006, 03:48 PM
It is written. Reread "The Dead Walk" and you will find it right under the Zombie entry.

Magmar
9th March 2006, 04:05 PM
I'm just a tad bit confused, but I'm sure I'll grasp it as the rules become clear.

Plantae
12th March 2006, 08:53 AM
Is everyone prepared to start, or are there more questions?

Magmar
12th March 2006, 09:28 AM
I'm ready

The Blue Avenger
12th March 2006, 09:37 AM
I think I'm okay to go.

Mega Horny
12th March 2006, 09:53 AM
I'm down with that.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
12th March 2006, 10:14 AM
Urgh... bring it on... It can't be worse than juggling 3 projects at the same time...

Ace64
12th March 2006, 01:02 PM
I'm sure everything will be made clear once the game begins. If not, well...that's what PM's are for, right?

Zcade0
12th March 2006, 01:16 PM
I'm ready! (to hopplessly try to help the deamons win, GLORY TO THE ARCHFEINDS!!!!!!!!!!)