PDA

View Full Version : The 2006 Silver Pencil Awards - Nominations

mr_pikachu
1st March 2006, 09:25 PM
It’s that time of year again… get ready for the Silver Pencil Nominations! For the next two weeks, the best fics and fanficcers that TPM has to offer will be nominated by you for the semiannual Fanfic Awards! To make your nominations, simply list them in a post in this thread.

For fanfics, any fic that has had an update since the Golden Pen Awards in September 2005 is eligible for general nominations. (Of course, it has to fit any other requirements of the specific category as well; for instance, a fic can only be nominated for Most Promising New Fic if it was first started since the last Golden Pen Awards.)

Be sure to only make up to one nomination for each category. Also, if you want to change a nomination, you’re welcome to do so, but please make your changes in a new post rather than editing your previous one. We keep track of the nominations as they are made, so things might get rather confusing otherwise. And don't forget, no nominating yourself!

If you have any questions about any of the categories or about the awards, feel free to ask. Otherwise, start nominating already!

[Note: Another nomination topic (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=43695.0) is open in the Writers Lounge. Feel free to post your nominations in whichever one you prefer.]

[Note: To clarify the eligibility further, any fic that has had an update since the last post in the Voting topic (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/index.php?topic=42887.0) for the last Golden Pen Awards is eligible for nominations as long as it fits any other requirements for the category. The cutoff point should be at or around October 1, 2005 depending on your time zone.]

General Fic Awards

Best Fiction Overall
Best Pokemon Fic
Best Other Fandom Fic
Best Original Fic
Best Dark
Best Trainer
Best Fantasy
Best Mystery Fic
Best Comedy
Best Romance Fic
Best Action in a Fic
Most Original Concept
Best Description
Best Writing Style
Best Plot
Best Short Story
Most Promising New Fic
Best Single Location
Best Overall Setting

Fic Moments

Best Cliffhanger
Best Plot Twist
Best Pokemon Battle Scene
Best Original Idea
Most Suspenseful
Best Chapter
Best Quote

Characters

Best Character in a Leading Role
Best Character in a Supporting Role
Best Villain
Funniest Character
Most Original Character
Best Romantic Relationship
Best Un-Romantic Relationship
Best Original Cast
Best New Pokemon

Member Awards

Most Unusual Board Member
Best New Writer
Most Dedicated Writer
Best Writer
Most Dedicated Reader
Best Newcomer to the Boards
Most Rounded Member

Community Awards

Biggest Drama Queen/King
Most Likely to Become a Couple
Least Likely to Become a Couple
Least Likely to Have an Iota of Fun in Life
Most Likely to Overtake TPM
Biggest Chat Loudmouth
Most Evil Fanficcer
Nicest Fanficcer
Quirkiest Fanficcer
Most Likely to Never Complete His/Her Fic

I'll post my own nominations soon.

EDIT: Updated the rules with the mandatory "no self-nominations" part.

Andrew
8th March 2006, 04:22 AM
But if i don't vote for me, who will?!

mr_pikachu
16th March 2006, 12:14 AM
Nominations are now over! The voting phase will begin as soon as I get the thread posted.