PDA

View Full Version : Your latest CD purchase.

Sceptile_Master
2nd March 2006, 08:31 AM
Right I saw this on another forum and thought why not have it here. You post your most recent CD purchase and we discuss each others recent purchases and stuff. Fair random. I thought it would be interesting to have one here too. Okay then I'll start. I recently went into HMV and bought these:

Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good
I've been looking for this album for so long and I eventually found it needless to say it was instantly bought (with student discount of course mwaha)

Trivium - Ascendancy
Decided to randomly pick it up and it's a really good album. Even if some bits in the album could use a little changes its overall a very strong release. Needless to say I'll be picking up their first album soon.

So let it begin.

Mewfour
2nd March 2006, 05:50 PM
Moonlyght - Progressive Darkness
Running only 55 minutes with 7 tracks, (average of 8 min. each), Moonlyght's first official album takes death metal brutality to the extreme while mixing in the key elements of progressive metal into an oddly harmonious combination. Think of a cross between Symphony X and In Flames... before In Flames started to suck, that is.

Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
This 2-Disc album contains 6 standard Dream Theater fare on the first disc, while the second contains the 42:07 title track, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Yes, 42 minutes long. And you thought SX's Divine Wings of Tragedy was overkill.

Yukitsukai
2nd March 2006, 06:29 PM
Rent Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
I'll admit, I'm obsessed. 2 CDs and 28 tracks keep even the most rabid of fangirls happy, even though I paid close to $1 per track.

PNT510
5th March 2006, 02:45 PM
[b]The last CD I recived was the RENT soundtrack which I got for christmas. Most of the songs are quite awesome with the exception of a few like over the moon and the bonus track.

phaedrus
11th March 2006, 05:49 PM
Jack Johnson's Sing-A-Longs & Lullabies For The Film Curious George. it's a quality album. sure, may be for kids, but it's meant for all ages, and jack johnson pulled it off. it's a good relaxing cd, and so i highly reccommend it.

Sceptile_Master
14th March 2006, 05:30 PM
My mum just got that jack johnson album and I only listened to 4 tracks from it when on the way back from my mum picking me up from college. 2 words to describe it. Boring and Samey. Pretty much summed it up. It was like the lightness of classical music without the interesting composition or the enchanting melodies.

Magmar
17th March 2006, 04:36 PM
Streetlight Manifesto's "Everything Went Numb" :)

Sceptile_Master
17th March 2006, 06:48 PM
I know its a single but it's still a CD purchase. I just bought KT Tunstall - Another Place To Fall. I mean I have the album but I bought the single anyways. I need to try and get some of her older singles off the net somewhere. But anyways. 'Tis a good single. Seeing her live in june. Can't wait.

Gavin Luper
18th March 2006, 01:24 AM
Well, the last time I bought CDs me, my sister and our two cousins all put in together to share five CDs that we bought. Those 5 were:

Bon Jovi - Bounce.
Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better.
The Darkness - One Way Ticket To Hell.
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet. (we are all mega Bon Jovi fans ^^)
U2 - Best of 1990-2000.

It was a good trip actually, all of the CDs between $10-15.

The last CD I actually bought myself, though, was Hysteria by Def Leppard.

Dark Dragonite
26th March 2006, 07:38 PM
Hahaha...time to torture you guys:
Last 3 cds I bought...

1.October Fall- A Season in He//(A lot like Something Corporate)
2.Five Iron Frenzy- Proof That The Youth Are Revolting(Live album and My name is in the booklet)
3.Five Iron Frenzy- The End Is Near(Ahh, Christian Ska, and the bands last album w/ live cd)

Magmar
27th March 2006, 09:15 AM
Bad Religion's "New America"... which is an INCREDIBLE album.

Christian ska? Is it any good? I love ska like a fat kid loves Cake *no pun intended*

Gengachu
27th March 2006, 08:18 PM
I obtained many albums in the last week or two. Be amazed!

Suede – S/T
Erasure – Chorus
Dishwalla – Pet Your Friends
Living Color – Vivid (casette)
The Wallflowers – Bringing Down the Horse (cassette)
U2 – War (upgrade to CD from MP3)
REM – Monster
Eminem – Curtain Call
Goo Goo Dolls – Dizzy Up the Girl
Goo Goo Dolls – Gutterflower
Colonel Claypool’s Bucket of Bernie Brains
Iron Maiden – Powerslave
Iron Maiden – The Number of the Beast
Talking Heads – Sand in the Vaseline
The Clash – Sandinista
The Clash – The Clash (US)
The Clash – London Calling
Kanye West – Late Registration
Kanye West – The College Dropout
Oysterhead - The Grand Pecking Order
Coldplay – X & Y
Kiss – Alive (Vinyl)
Led Zeppelin – IV (on Vinyl *w00t!*)
Rolling Stones – You Can’t Always Get What You Want (Single)
The Animals – House of the Rising Sun (Single)
John Lennon/Yoko Ono – Woman/Beautiful Boys (Single)
The Monkees – I’m a Believer (Single)
Styx – Babe (single)
Elton John – Benny and the Jets (Single)
Ray Charles – Eleanor Rigby/Understanding (Single)
Chuck Berry – My Ding-A-Ling (Single)

Five Iron Frenzy is pretty good, imo. Better than some of that Ska-Punk stuff.

midnightangel
9th April 2006, 03:12 PM
Lately I have been finding myself listening to alot of World Music (music out of Europe, India and Africa), and more laid-back music.
I recently bought Buddha Lounge, Tropical Chill, Cafe de Luna, and World Groove Mix, Volume I

I also listen to alot of J-Pop and J-Rock, and mix that with some rock music like Coldplay, 3 Doors Down and the Goo Goo Dolls ;)

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
10th April 2006, 07:38 AM
It's been a while that I got a new CD, easily a month. My collection is already so vast that I have pretty much every song I enjoy on some album. But last month I was able to acquire a rare piece of Austrian humerous music. It was a best of compilation by then-famous local comedians Pierron & Knapp. They had their prime in the 50s and 60s and I remember listening to their witty songs when I was a child (my father had a music casette of them). Stumbled over it on Amazon.

Systematic Revolution
10th April 2006, 08:27 PM
Jack Johnson is an amazing artist. I love him. I have his first two albums and his third one should be coming my way soon... However, I do have a few CDs coming in from BMG as well...

Led Zeppelin - Houses of Holy
>>>I've been wanting this album for awhile now. My favourite LZ song is probably Over the Hills and Far Away. In fact, it's one of my favourite songs period.

Rush - Exit Stage Left
Rush - All the World's a Stage
>>>Been wanting some Rush albums. I saw one of their live shows on VH1 and was blown away. Alex Lifeson is easily one of the greatest guitar players. Plus, I really love the song Tom Sawyer and always have. That's the song that got me hooked on Rush ages ago.

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star: IV
Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: III
>>>Trying to check out some new stuff. I like these guys. They're great musicians. Claudio's voice is a little... Strange... But definitely unique. And that has always been something that catches my ear. Which explains why most new bands DON'T catch my ear. They all sound nearly identical.

Eric Johnson - Venus Isle
>>>Eric Johnson is one of my favourite blues guitarists. And he has a cool voice. And a cool guitar. And he's very melodic.

Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
>>>I don't have an old Megadeth album (Just a newer one: Countdown to Extinction) and I love the song which the album is named after. Megadeth is probably the best thing that came about due to Metallica.

Definitely a good haul.

phaedrus
10th April 2006, 10:36 PM
The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics

it's a different take than Yoshimi, where it was all dreamy electronica. it still has plenty of the dreamy up top, but at the core there tends to be more of a prog rock core than anything else. there's prince-like funk and more. one thing that is a little off is the songwriting at times, but it's like there's these stellar songwriting tracks then some that are ok, but not great. another is that a lot of steven's drumming doesn't show up, instead being replaced by handclaps, etc. it's not a bad thing, though. just different.

all in all, it doesn't compare to Yoshimi or Soft Bulletin, but it's a quality album. must get for 2k6

Crystal Mew
10th April 2006, 11:59 PM
today I just bought The Fray, How to Save a Life

its pretty good actually. haha

PancaKe
13th April 2006, 07:28 AM
Its been so long since I bought a cd that the last cd I bought was June 2005 and it was Funeral For a Friend - Hours

it cost me $25 and it was good.

WAit! No

THe last CD i bought was Bodyjar's self titled CD.
I bought that when I saw them, and it was good :-)

Gengachu
14th April 2006, 05:17 PM
Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days
I've had this album on CD-R for years, but I finally got around to buying the actual CD.

Roxy Music - Avalon
Not bad, but I prefer their self-titled of albums that I've heard so far. A nice way for them to go out, though.

David Bowie - Hours
Very good for 90s Bowie. Need to listen more.

Sceptile_Master
17th April 2006, 06:00 PM
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
>>>I don't have an old Megadeth album (Just a newer one: Countdown to Extinction) and I love the song which the album is named after. Megadeth is probably the best thing that came about due to Metallica.

Apart from their first 4 albums. The other met albums are good but not on the same scale as their first 4. Megadeth still rule though. Get rust in peace next. 'Tis amazing. And countdown isn't really a newer one as it is 1992.

NEws Flash: Funeral for a friends piss me off big time. I was absolutely laughing my ass off when they were doing damage inc on that kerrang master of puppets tribute thing. LMAO I've never seen a band perform so badly. For one he can't scream to save his life (which he shouldn't have been doing anyhoo for damage inc.) But the bit that really made me laugh was the solo. He couldn't play it. Absolutely hilarious. I can't say enough bad things about fineral for a friend. There just that crap. But anyhoo onto my latest CD purchase (sorry I get like this anytime a completely talentless band is mentioned... sorry).

Artiist: Testament
Album: The Legacy
Genre: Thrash Metal
Released: 1987
OMFG sooooooo good seriously. No thrash metal collection is complete without it. Absolutely fantastic. You know you need it.

Artiist: Katie Melua (an example of perfect looks)
Album: Piece By Piece
Genre: Classical Jazz
Released: 2005
Now I have both her albums and I'm loving it. She really is an amazing vocalist. Never a sour note. Makes me want to buy a classical guitar even more than I already want to. I hope she continues to be succesful so she can release more great albums.

I was gonna get Black Sabbaths Paranoid but by the time I went to get my money someone had bought it. I was like OMFG how can someone buy it within 30 minutes. Unlucky me was.

Systematic Revolution
22nd April 2006, 03:33 PM
When I talk about something being new in music, I start at 1990 heheheh. Anything from the '90s until now is new in my eyes. Which is why I called it a newer album. And it's definitely newer in comparison. Rust in Peace is a great album--it's definitely the next Megadeth album I buy.

Also, I have two more albums coming in the mail.

Led Zeppelin - IV
G3 - Live in Concert

If you don't know who G3 is... It's Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson. Three of the greatest guitarists out there right now, in my opinion. Absolutely amazing.

Also, Sceptile_Master: I can dig Testament. They're cool. I might have to pick up one of their albums sometime. Souls of Black is my favourite song by them. Very heavy, very cool indeed. Some of their songs sound a lot like Metallica heheh.

Sceptile_Master
22nd April 2006, 05:21 PM
G3 actually changes each time but it has always since it started at least consisted of Joe Satriani and Steve Vai. Both of whom have started legions of super annoying ellitist people on guitar forums who say anything that isn't an ibanez is crap. They critisize you for playing music that isn't 10,000 notes a second or if your not playing with classical hand position 100% of the time for everything (they call it sloppy). It annoys me. I suppose they (joe and steve) didn't realise when they started they were creating suck idiots so it's not reall yheir fault. IMO the best G3 concert was the one with yngwie malmsteen in it. You should check it out.

Dark Dragonite
22nd April 2006, 05:24 PM
Bad Religion's "New America"... which is an INCREDIBLE album.

Christian ska? Is it any good? I love ska like a fat kid loves Cake *no pun intended*

LOL, yeah, some of it was great, half the bands are done though, after like 10yr careers, like:
The O.C. Supertones
Five Iron Frenzy
The W's

on the non-Christian side, I like Pennywise, although I think they're a better cover band than original...

And the latest cds I've bought...CD-RWs...Bwahahahahahaha

Systematic Revolution
22nd April 2006, 05:39 PM
G3 actually changes each time but it has always since it started at least consisted of Joe Satriani and Steve Vai. Both of whom have started legions of super annoying ellitist people on guitar forums who say anything that isn't an ibanez is crap. They critisize you for playing music that isn't 10,000 notes a second or if your not playing with classical hand position 100% of the time for everything (they call it sloppy). It annoys me. I suppose they (joe and steve) didn't realise when they started they were creating suck idiots so it's not reall yheir fault. IMO the best G3 concert was the one with yngwie malmsteen in it. You should check it out.

Those people are the real hacks. They don't deserve to even HAVE a guitar.

Personally, I don't like Yngwie that much. I like Eric Johnson better.

phaedrus
23rd April 2006, 02:41 PM

this reminds me of an old school story which illustrates a very good point...

so SRV gets to play with B.B. King, the man himself. and so, to impress the dude, SRV goes wacko and plays so fast you can't see his fingers (may be exaggerated but whatever). everyone in the audience thinks "ok..." in response to that flurry, B.B. King plays one note, it comes off as a little "pingy." everyone laughs, as B.B King's one note surpassed SRV's billion notes.

moral of story? playing less can be better.

edit: Nels Cline is the best guitarist ever.

ok, but besides that:

Sonic Youth's Rather Ripped leaked out two weeks ago or so, and I managed to snag a copy of it. It's much more mellow, similar to Sonic Nurse. You may end up noticing that without Jim O'Rourke (who's left to become a director) to cover some bases that the arrangements here on the record are more sparse, not as dense as before. However, that doesn't mean that this album sucks just because Jim left. It's good quality, and I fully intend to buy it when it actually comes out.
[phaedrus' Favorite Tracks: Incinerate, Do You Believe In Rapture?]

Sceptile_Master
23rd April 2006, 07:49 PM
You know I have never actually heard any of sonic youths music before. Me may need to listen to some.

On the guitarists subject, ya gotta love B.B. king. He's a legend ;). The best guitarist thing could be debated though. I suppose its more of who is your fave thing because it was fully based just on technical ability (like those ibanez bummers like to think it is) then it would probably end up being Michael Angelo Batio or something. My couple of my favourite guitarists are Kirk Hammett and Tony Iommi. Ya goota love them.

Systematic Revolution
23rd April 2006, 07:53 PM
Top Five Favourite Guitarists (in no order)

1. Adrian Smith
2. Tony Iommi
3. Eric Clapton
4. Stevie Ray Vaughan
5. Steve Vai

Gotta love 'em all heheh. B.B. King goes for the less is more aspect of guitar playing. I like that. There are very, very few who actually do.

Gengachu
23rd April 2006, 08:02 PM
By Sonic Youth I've only heard Day Dream Nation, and I'm not a huge fan.

Today I ordered from Amazon:

David Bowie - Outside (Thought it was time I buy a copy of this album.)

Moby - Animal Rights

phaedrus
23rd April 2006, 11:09 PM
sonic youth is legendary for their pimped out Fender Jaguars and Jazzmasters, otherwise known as Jagblasters or Jazzblasters (pickups replaced with Tele Deluxe pickups).

they've been around a long, long time.

if you read GP, refer to March '05. Nels Cline is on the cover, and go read the article. it is pure enlightenment. if you want a "rockish" audio sampling, check out Wilco's Kicking Television live double-album. he does some badass work on it. also, his solo stuff is crazy good.

Magmar
24th April 2006, 06:21 AM
Just got Streetlight Manifesto's re-recording of Catch 22's "Keasbey Nights". AWESOME stuff!

Also--Bombshell Rocks' "The Conclusion" is pretty damn good too.

Drusilla
24th April 2006, 04:40 PM
Just got two new CDs in the mail on Saturday, and I've been listening to them like I'm a junkie and their my drug.

In a way, I guess they are...

Werewolf Order by Shadow Reichenstein, which I am listening to right now. Beautiful guitar work, IMO. Short CD, only about 37 minutes, but it's one hell of a ride. My faves are Dracula, Werewolf Order (title track), and Walkin' the Dead.

Horror High Presents: The Prom Queen Massacre, various artists, narrated by Wednesday 13 (*LOVE!!!*). It's very silly and creative; I'm really into Pretty in a Casket by Blitzkid, Beware by Michale Graves, Nightgown by The Rosedales, Devils by The 69 Eyes, Fallen Souls by The Albino Spiders (but I'm kind of prejudiced, since I'm friends with them), and Surgery by Vincent Black Shadow. The whole CD is great, though; 24 tracks for $12 isn't bad at all.

I also got Gid 3's Vultures a few weeks ago at the Wednesday 13 show in Fort Worth. Great stuff, if you're in the mood for it. Last month I got a few Cruxshadows CDs, and in February I found a used Pat Benetar collection for six dollars or something rediculously awesome like that. I'm looking forward to the new Lacuna Coil, Trashlight Vision, Wednesday 13, and Piggy D. albums, too.... *drools*

Gengachu
2nd May 2006, 08:04 PM
Deadsy - Commencement

Decent album, if you like synth rock/pop.

SupremeChampion
4th May 2006, 10:36 AM
[i]the last CD i bought (since in reality i don't buy many, just burn them) was A Perfect Circle's eMOTIVe... good cd with some quality songs, if you like their kind of music.

~The Italian Stallion

Drusilla
4th May 2006, 10:55 AM
A Perfect Circle is pretty good.

I paid for Raise Your Spirits by the Rosedales... still waiting for it... I really like their style, kind of Beach Boys meets The Misfits. Yeah, strange... but there you are.

Gengachu
4th May 2006, 06:32 PM
A Perfect Circle is good, but I think eMOTIVe is a little weak compared to the first two albums. It seems a little bit rushed. A few of the songs sound much better in their original forms (Devo's Freedom of Choice and Depeche Mode's People are People, in particular could have been done better here). It does have some great songs like Imagine, Passive, and Fiddle and the Drum, though.

The Beach Boys meets the Misfits, eh? Sounds intriguing.

Gengachu
7th May 2006, 12:54 PM
Yesterday I bought:

Vinyl:
Prince - Purple Rain
Prince - 1999
Cheap Trick - Heaven Tonight
ELO - Time
The Cars

Cassette:
Electronic

CD:
Radiohead - Pablo Honey (I have everything they've released and a bunch of rarities on my computer, but embarassingly this is my first actual album purchase. It was dirt cheap.)

D!
20th May 2006, 06:29 AM
I rarely purchase CDs..
But at one stage I bought quite a few..

I bought..

Marilyn Manson - Lest We Forget
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Judas Priest - British Steel
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
Judas Priest - Ram It Down
Johnny Cash - The Very Best Of 2 Disc Box Set

Gengachu
20th May 2006, 10:04 AM
REM - Murmur

Hatake Kakashi
20th May 2006, 12:44 PM
A Perfect Circle is pretty good.

I paid for Raise Your Spirits by the Rosedales... still waiting for it... I really like their style, kind of Beach Boys meets The Misfits. Yeah, strange... but there you are.

Ya know I don't even have a witty comment for my confusion.

D!
21st May 2006, 12:21 AM
A Perfect Circle is good, but I think eMOTIVe is a little weak compared to the first two albums. It seems a little bit rushed. A few of the songs sound much better in their original forms (Devo's Freedom of Choice and Depeche Mode's People are People, in particular could have been done better here). It does have some great songs like Imagine, Passive, and Fiddle and the Drum, though.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I believe that they simply made that album so they could go with another record company..
They had a 3 album contract..

Their album Mer De Noms definitely pwnd all their other albums..
I personally love the song Judith..

I would like to purchase the CD Murderdolls: Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls as I can't seem to find a torrent with the bonus songs the CD comes with..

Sceptile_Master
21st May 2006, 11:36 AM
Big Haul Here boys.

Artist: Cannibal Corpse
Album: Tomb Of The Mutilated
Genre: Death Metal
Released: 1992
A bit of a weird one for me here. A friend recommended me to get a cannibal corpse album to expand my death metal collection. The riffs are good though and the bass kicks ass. The drummers very tight too. THe vocals are disgusting but you can't help but laugh at the growls. Not to bad an album overall I suppose ;).

Artiist: Avenged Sevenfold
Album: Waking The Fallen
Genre: Metalcore
Released: 2003
My best friend Jackie is really into this band at the moment and she keeps playing that song unholy confessions and it stuck in my head so I bought the album. It's not too bad an album overall but I've not really listened to it properly yet.

Artiist: Emperor
Album: In The Nightside Eclipse
Genre: Black Metal
Released: 1994
This is one scary album. If you are sitting completely on your own listening to it on headphones (how I first listened to it) you'll feel scared, depressed, lonely and all sort of weird emotions. This is one messed up CD seriously. Evil as evil can be. I never listen to it if I'm on my own. Man its weird.

A bit of a weird haul overall but meh. I'm going on a children of bodom album buying spree soon. I must. Alexi Laiho is god.

Pm-5000fan
21st May 2006, 07:45 PM
The latest CD that I have bought was Powerman 5000's Transform.

*Note that my account name is Pm-5000fan :biggrin:

My favorite tracks are #12- Hey, that's right and #3- Free

This band is really unknown to most people but really, it is like the Rolling Stones all over again in my case!

Sceptile_Master
31st May 2006, 06:10 AM
What type of music are powerman 5000 one of my band mates said they were good. I've not heard them though.

Gengachu
4th June 2006, 11:03 PM
The latest CD that I have bought was Powerman 5000's Transform.

*Note that my account name is Pm-5000fan :biggrin:

My favorite tracks are #12- Hey, that's right and #3- Free

This band is really unknown to most people but really, it is like the Rolling Stones all over again in my case!

I'm a big fan of Tonight the Stars Revolt and the early stuff like Mega Kung Fu Radio, but I didn't find Transform to be quite as good, and Anyone For Doomsday is downright weak. A few great songs like That's Entertainment and Free, but some that aren't so good like Action, too. They have a new album coming out this year, but judging from the recent songs in video games, I don't have my expectations high. I wouldn't really say they're unknown though. TtSR sold 2 million copies.

Sceptile Master, the early stuff is funky, rap-metal, but on Tonight the Stars Revolt they have kind of a sci-fi meets Rob Zombie sound, only a lot better than Rob Zombie (who coincidentally or not is the lead singer, Spider's, brother). Anyone for Doomsday is more of the same, but a lot worse, and Transform is more straightforward hard rock/punk.

My last purchase was Blur's The Great Escape. Great album. I think I like it better than Parklife.

Sceptile_Master
13th June 2006, 09:47 AM
Got 2 albums recently.

Artist: Children Of Bodom
Album: Hatebreeder
Genre: Power Metal / Melodic Death Metal
Released: 1999

This is children of bodoms 2nd album and it holds much kick assness and a few of their fan favourites such as silent night, bodom night and downfall. Both very kick ass songs. Oh yeah and it has their self titled song. Another fan favourite. Ack this whole album is immense. I'm glad I purchased it.

Artist: Children Of Bodom
Album:Follow The Reaper
Genre: Power Metal / Melodic Death Metal
Released: 2000

This is the one that came after hatebreeder. Children Of Bodoms 3rd album. I can't decide which one of the two is better. Mabye this album but I'm not 100% sure of that choice. Includes many of their greats as well such as kissing the shadows and mask of sanity. Oh I'm not going to go on. But they keyboard work on the album is superb. Janne Wirman is just a simply awesome keyboard player.

Loving both albums. Go Children Of Bodom \m/.

Chikoo
16th June 2006, 02:58 AM
valley of the damned - dragonforce.
cant wait for the new cd to be in my hands :D

Magmar
17th June 2006, 12:17 PM
AFI's Decemberunderground.

This is such a good album. It's a different sound for them... but it's fun to dance to! If they play Love Like Winter at the club tonight, I'll be dancing! (I do sometimes go to that kinda club!)

Gengachu
18th June 2006, 04:14 PM
From what I've heard of that AFI album, it's pretty good. Haven't properly listened to it yet, though.

My most recent download is Drum's Not Dead by Liars. I'm on my first listen. Strange, but I like it.

I also downloaded Zombie Heaven, the Box Set by the Zombies. It really is 'zombie heaven'. :0 Everyone should listen to their album Odessey and Oracle or at least the song Time of the Season.

Crazy
19th June 2006, 10:53 PM
The latest one I have bought is obviously.....Cheap Trick:Welcome to Rockford. Tis quite good.

Magmar
22nd June 2006, 09:50 PM
Lucky Boys Confusion's How to Get Out Alive is such a good EP, I picked it up today for $5.99 and it was worth every penny. You could listen to the whole thing for free at absolutepunk.net, but... I like being able to have the songs on a CD and blast them at a deafening roar and sing along as I drive. Because... I'm a scary driver when I have good music on. Especially Journey. That's always fun. :P

Gavin Luper
23rd June 2006, 03:04 AM
Bought 2 CDs today:

1. Bon Jovi's 1988 album, New Jersey (Only a few Bon Jovi albums left to add to my collection).
2. Blondie's Greatest Hits (Hooray. Call Me AND Hanging on the Telephone. Awesome.)

Cheers!

Gengachu
25th June 2006, 11:12 PM
I recently purchased Attack of the Grey Lanturn by Mansun, but I haven't recieved it yet.

Magmar
27th June 2006, 07:16 PM
Catch 22's "Permanent Revolution"... *happy*

Drusilla
4th August 2006, 10:45 PM
In the past week, I've bought Lacuna Coil's Karmacode, The Horrorpops' Bring It On, Rob Zombie's Educated Horses, and paid for FDQ's Little Box of Horrors, which should arrive within a week.

I love this graduation money deal. I should graduate more often...

Gengachu
5th August 2006, 04:25 PM
In the last couple days I ordered Dink's self-titled album, Citizen Bird by Silverbullit, Killing Joke's self-titled and their album Night Time, and Bloodline by Recoil. Looking forward to it all.

Crazy
5th August 2006, 06:26 PM
Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The CD is surprisingly good. I was just about to loose interest in them when BAM, this comes along.

Gengachu
5th August 2006, 10:48 PM
I think Stadium Arcadium is one of their weakest albums personally. They've really gone downhill in recent years. I wish Frusciante would just concentrate on his solo work.

Crazy
6th August 2006, 07:52 AM
Really? Well, different strokes for different folks. I'm the reverse, I thought their older albums were weaker(though they did have some good stuff). As a whole, I like this better than their other albums.

Sceptile_Master
18th August 2006, 08:35 PM
Well I'll exlain them in another post at a later time because I got alot of albums but it's too late to be explaining them all.

Format: Artist - Album

Anthrax - Among The Living
Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding (got it a fair while ago but I don't think I posted it)
Destruction - Mad Butcher/Eternal Destruction
Destruction - Sentence Of Death/Infernal Overkill
Diamond Head - The White Album
Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Norah Jones - Feels Like Home
Slayer - South Of Heaven
Yngwie Malmsteen - Trilogy

I'm gonna hvae to start ordering over the internet more it's a pain in the ass attempting and failing to find some metal bands at places like HMV. I mean you goto the metal section and it's filled with non metal like korn and green day. It's taking up the space for actual metal.

youdontknowme
19th August 2006, 07:37 PM
My latest CD purchase was months ago. I believe it was... The Legend of Mana OST (import).
And before that, it was Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing (Roadrunner 25th Anniversary Edition)... which I bought months before my latest one. :p

Gengachu
20th August 2006, 03:40 PM
U2 - Achtung Baby and the Joshua Tree

Replacing my vinyl of the Joshua Tree and my cassette of Achtung.

frylock
26th August 2006, 05:55 PM
I think my most recent one was Misfits: Famous Monsters, but I might have got another one more recently...

Musourenka
25th September 2006, 08:22 PM
My latest purchase was Pearl Jam's "Pearl Jam".

It's not bad, but it really didn't make a huge impression on me.

Sceptile_Master
15th October 2006, 06:49 AM
Yesterday I managed to get hold of the almost impossible to find (in the Uk anyways) 'Nattfφdd' by 'Finntroll'. Great find, but yet to listen to it. The songs I've heard from it kick ass though.

UmbreonCurse
15th October 2006, 05:43 PM
Wierd Al's "Straingt Outta Lynwood"

Sceptile_Master
8th November 2006, 06:35 PM
Well I've bought alot of CDs since I last posted here but I'm not gonna list them all I'll just list the ones I've bought this week.

Venom - Black Metal
Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes

Both great albums. I recommend both. Black Metal is an essential part in any metal fans collection. A fine piece of influential history there.

youdontknowme
26th November 2006, 11:59 PM
Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies
pretty good album

Sceptile_Master
18th February 2007, 04:40 PM
Bought a hell of alot of albums lately so I'll just list the ones I got this week again.

Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times
Suffocation - Suffocation

All good.