PDA

View Full Version : A thread about POKER

bb88
2nd March 2006, 08:55 PM
Been a while since I posted, mostly because I spend most of my time on the internet either browsing poker websites, or playing poker. I quit my job at Sams Club about 3 months ago to play online poker part-time (about 15-20 hours per week). I play money $1/2 and $2/4 Limit Hold'em, but I play $10+1 one table Sit N' Go tournaments, and various multi-table tournaments at various sites. I LOVE playing live poker whenever I can, and playing with SupremeChampion whenever I can. In fact, we're trying to get a game together soon...

Anyway, I searched and found no threads (minus a 2004 poll from Jet) pertaining to poker. I'd love to talk about poker, any type, five-card draw, 7-card stud, but I suspect Texas Hold'em (particularly No Limit) is by far the most popular game played today.

Any poker stories or anything? Let's shuffle up and deal!

SupremeChampion
2nd March 2006, 09:08 PM
[i]welcome back (again) bb88! haha since you already know all of my stories, i guess i'll share one in particular with the rest of the group. so here goes:

me and bb88 and a bunch of our friends were playing texas hold'em one night, and one kid (lets call him Ed) decided to go all-in in the dark, something he was fond of doing. thing was, he 9 out of 10 times won when he did it. so, me, bb88 and our other friend (lets call him Pat) fold, since we know it would be futile to call. Our other friend (lets call him Sean) calls 'cus he thinks he can win. so Sean calls Ed's all-in and they flip 'em over. Ed has 5 2 off suit while Sean has something pretty good, like an Ace and some other high card. flop comes, and Sean got two pair. so the only way Ed could win if he hit two 5's or 2's on the turn and river. so the turn comes, and its a 5. we all start getting a little crazy, like oh man can he do it. so then the river comes and its another 5! Me, bb88, Pat and Ed start going crazy, since i mean Ed pulled 2 of the 6 cards he needed to win! Sean, walks into his kitchen and turns back to the table starting in disbelief, when out of no where and for no reason at all, his sweatpants fall down! ahhh we couldn't stop laughing and wound up laughing for a good 5 min. straight. thankfully he had mesh shorts on underneath, but it will def. go down as the funniest moment of our poker playing to date.

~The Italian Stallion

jet1213
3rd March 2006, 10:53 PM
what up guys, long time no talk

i dont really play poker online, just with friends. My best story is prob someone losing in 5 card with wilds with 5 4's to someone with 5 6's haha.. i'll update with more stories if i think of them.

bb88
5th March 2006, 12:04 AM
Yeah, it has been a while. Good to see you still around though.

You know what would be awesome? If we could set-up a time and all play online together, a TPM-tournament of some kind. We could play on Absolute Poker's play money tables or something like that.

I actually played last night with my friend/cousin and some people he knew. $20 buy-in, 5 people, 1st took $70 and 2nd took $30. I took first place.

dratinihaunter13
5th March 2006, 05:38 PM
it's been a while since i played online, but internet poker was huge for me last year. i did some absolute but got sick of it and went to a smaller site. i play as much as i can with friends around town. not really a high roller, i started by just swamping freerolls and scrounging up the shitty money prizes there. once i grinded out to 12 bucks i took it to no limit tables and worked my way up to 150, but never higher. right now that stack's not looking so good. i think i'm under 100 again. i'd never put my own money on a site, for fear of the addiction it could spark :eek: good to see some poker players on here tho!

i guess the funniest poker moment for me was at our dorm a couple years ago. we loved playing poker just to hang out and make fun of each other, no more than 1-5 dollar buy in's usually. Drew all the sudden gets all excited by the turn, trying to hide it but c'mon drew, c'mon. gain calls his all-in by the river and drew flips first "straight bitch!" we all look at it and see his straight is from queen - 3, and we burst out laughing at him. "what you can't go around the clock?" we love playing with drew.

Drago
7th March 2006, 02:35 AM
Ah, not the most frequent poker player, nor a very good one, but back in the day (by that I mean when I was betting with like nickels and dimes) I was pretty good at scaring the bejeesus out of everyone with raises and making them fold. Seven-card stud was my game... never entirely grasped Texas hold'em, and every time I play the latter people seem to fold a lot less often. Dammit, my success was never based on having good cards. It was on forcing folds!!

Of course, if I played against any of y'all, you would no doubt eat me alive. lol

SupremeChampion
8th March 2006, 09:30 PM
[i]bb8, that sounds like an awesome idea... i would love to play people from here at a site lol... well i think it would be cool anyway. i wonder if we could set it up... haha and then where would you put the sign-up topic? would it be in PCG, since technically it is a game... but nah man you should try to get something together.

~The Italian Stallion

jet1213
12th March 2006, 02:35 PM
you could count me in for that.

i havent played in a while so i'd def be game.

Magmar
12th March 2006, 04:05 PM
I'm actually not too bad at poker. I'd play.