PDA

View Full Version : Price cuts

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th March 2006, 09:54 AM
Any price cuts ahead? What do the newest systems cost at the moment? What about games? Also, do you think a special system or game has a too high or too low price?

My attention was attracted by the price of Super Mario Kart DS in a Finnish shop called Kärkkäinen. It was same as for Super Mario Kart Advance. Don't you think it's too much because it's an older game?

PNT510
7th March 2006, 02:21 PM
[color=purple][b]I figure PS2 and maybe Xbox will get a price cut around the time PS3 comes out. The newest systems are the Xbox 360 which is $300-400, PSP which is $250, and the DS which is $130. I don't except a price cut on them anytime soon. As far as game price cuts I know EA is slashing the prices of most of there games down to $30-40, I'd expect similar price cuts on other current gen games. And whatever store you're going to ethier has Mario Kart Advanced over priced or Mario Kart DS for cheap.

Razola
7th March 2006, 11:58 PM
We'll likely see price cuts next holiday season at the latest. I don't see the Gamecube getting any cheaper before Revolution is out, but they'll probably compensate with various bundle deals. No doubt we'll see a bundle with the new Zelda.

Roy Karrde
17th March 2006, 08:11 PM
The PSP is about to take a 50 doller price cut at the end of this month. It will be dropped to 200 dollers but come with out the sleeve, 32 meg card, and headphones. This was announced at the Sony Conference a few days ago. Other than that expect price drops around E3, it seems that is when everyone drops their prices.

Hatake Kakashi
24th March 2006, 07:28 PM
The PSP is about to take a 50 doller price cut at the end of this month. It will be dropped to 200 dollers but come with out the sleeve, 32 meg card, and headphones. This was announced at the Sony Conference a few days ago. Other than that expect price drops around E3, it seems that is when everyone drops their prices.

That's not a pricecut, that's the regular non-premium pack :P

Japans had it since launch if I recall.

Roy Karrde
24th March 2006, 07:30 PM
lol very true, hopefully both Sony and Nintendo have a better price drop by E3, if they do I may do the unthinkable and actually get a Nintendo DS!