PDA

View Full Version : Healbellers: who's the best?

hebesphenomegacorona
12th March 2003, 07:05 PM
Well, I want a Healbeller/Aroma Therapist for my team. I need some advice, so I'm asking you people to help.

Who's the best Healbeller/Aroma Therapist?

Sharked pokemon are allowed.

soggy_cardboard
12th March 2003, 10:27 PM
blissey. standard, but it works.

Cyber Dragon
12th March 2003, 11:23 PM
It's still Blissey, and forevereverevereverever will be Blissey. ;)

The new Heal Bellers/Aromatherapists are fragile. VERY fragile.

The most decently statted *legally obtainable* Heal Beller (Err, I mean Aromatherapist) is Vileplume. And you know how fragile it is. o_O

Crufidal
12th March 2003, 11:29 PM
Blissey, hands down :yes:

soggy_cardboard
13th March 2003, 02:53 AM
did u know blissey can learn Aroma Therapy as a breeding move :o

Scythemantis
13th March 2003, 03:06 AM
I....er....actually don't know for sure what heal bell does. I know what aroma therapy does, are they the same exact thing?

Would it be worth breeding two vileplume to get a gloom with it, since I always have to use a gloom? I mean, it'd make gloom a lot more useful on my team than it already is, wouldn't it? Or is it better to just try and fight with it? :P

Vega
13th March 2003, 03:59 AM
heal bell does the same thing as aroma therapy.

the reason why the rs bellers/therapists are so fragile is because Nintendo realised that the bellers in gsc where too powerful xcept for granbull so they decided to amke them less godlike.

oh yeah Delcatty>all

Animelee
13th March 2003, 04:05 AM
Gamefreak makes the game, Nintendo just licenses it. NOA translates the game into English, but they have no connection with game development, so it's techically Gamefreak that chose not to make Heal Bellers extremely strong. Also, I wouldn't depend on Blissey too much, though. Since Meowth's Pokedex isn't fully back up yet, I can't look for a suggestion for a better HealBeller or Aroma Therapist for ya, sorry...!

Azura Stardust
13th March 2003, 04:19 AM
Blissey is pwnage... but I'm thinking that whatever way you get it back, it may be severely weakened... perhaps the programmed info found in the game may not be correct, though they prolly are... it was too strong, Vega's right.

IMO ALL the healbellers in R/S are fragile. So there you go.

Blissey gets Aroma Therapy and heal bell, wtf :o Wait a second... can it get both at once... bah... we allr ely too much on Meowth's dex ;)

stickachu
13th March 2003, 01:34 PM
I actually like vileplume as an aroma therapist. But, I liked vileplume anyway :P

Chinpokomon
13th March 2003, 06:47 PM
I've heard that Aroma Therepy is slightly better then Heal Bell Because it's not affected by the "Soundproof" Trait.

is that true?

BrandenPkmnMaster
13th March 2003, 09:02 PM
From all the availables is my personal favorite Heal Beller is Chimecho. Hes got better Stats than Delcatty and because he is just Psychic he doesn't have that many weaknesses.

~Heal Bell
~Psychic
~Reflect
~Light Screen/HP Move/Contemplate
>LeftOvers<

Cyber Dragon
13th March 2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Scythemantis
Would it be worth breeding two vileplume to get a gloom with it, since I always have to use a gloom? I mean, it'd make gloom a lot more useful on my team than it already is, wouldn't it? Or is it better to just try and fight with it? :P

Aroma Therapy is a Vileplume-only move, so Gloom cannot get Aroma Therapy.

I wanted an Aroma Therapy Bellossom, since it has better defenses, but it can't happen, because Gloom or Oddish can't learn Aroma Therapy. :(

Originally posted by Chinpokomon
I've heard that Aroma Therepy is slightly better then Heal Bell Because it's not affected by the "Soundproof" Trait.

is that true?

Yes.

Hmm... If your party pokemon is sound proof, does it mean that it won't get healed with Heal Bell?

Oh well, if you can get Blissey, it gets Aroma Therapy as well via breeding. Now it's still the supreme healer.

VaporousPhoenix
13th March 2003, 09:57 PM
Correct me if 'm wrong, but Normal has one weakness, fighting. I think Psychic has three. Ghost, Bug, and dark, and Dark is immune to it. So I'd go with a normla oer a psychic. but I'd say delcatty is the ebst. she may not have the best stats, but Blissey oesn't have as a good a movepool, or as good of attack or speed stats. Making Delcatty able to take a hit, give a hit, and hit first, as well as heal. Plus, Delcatty is the underdog, and I gotta go for the underdog.

Dr Crocodile
13th March 2003, 10:13 PM
Delcatty certainly looks cooler but it CAN NOT take a hit or give a hit at all. That's the whole point, a weaker, worse generation of Heal Bellers. Plus its only 15 base points faster then Blissey. Its not that much. A base speed of 70 is still pretty slow in my books. Plus Blissey can make better use of special attacks with a higher stat and Serene Grace to double the effect rate of the moves. In addition, Calm Mind on a Blissey makes it an even more powerful special wall. Calm Mind on Delcatty doesn't really make a difference. It will probably dies just as fast unless the opponent also has crappy Special attack.

hebesphenomegacorona
14th March 2003, 08:42 AM
I believe I figured out a healbeller to kill blisseys

Granbull
Rocky(he Sure LOOKS like he wants to punch somebody)
M
Personality +Atk -Sp.Atk
Item Brightpowder
Moves
Healbell
Roar
Earthquake
Hyperbeam

Pretty simple idea... Granbull heals sick Pokemon, then quashes the opposition. Since neither of his attacks can kill about half of the ghosts(Like Gengar), he can just Roar them away. And he works as a PseudoHazer, too!

ronaldmc
14th March 2003, 09:11 AM
Can anyone list all the heal bellers and terapists??? Cause until now Iīve only learned the pokemon types and what the new moves do... Donīt know too much about which moves the pokemon learn yet... So, who learns heal bell and arome terapy?

Vega
14th March 2003, 09:19 AM
Chimecho
Delcatty
Vileplume
Roselia

non rs pogeys:

Blissey
Granbull
Smeargle
Celebi
Parasect

Chinpokomon
14th March 2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by hebesphenomegacorona
I believe I figured out a healbeller to kill blisseys

Granbull
Rocky(he Sure LOOKS like he wants to punch somebody)
M
Personality +Atk -Sp.Atk
Item Brightpowder
Moves
Healbell
Roar
Earthquake
Hyperbeam

Pretty simple idea... Granbull heals sick Pokemon, then quashes the opposition. Since neither of his attacks can kill about half of the ghosts(Like Gengar), he can just Roar them away. And he works as a PseudoHazer, too!

Does Roar even effect Ghost types?