PDA

View Full Version : whatis the use of marks?

owac
12th March 2003, 07:21 PM
those circle, square, heart, triangle what is the points???

Geofree
12th March 2003, 07:41 PM
The only conclusion that I've heard (and also agree with) is that you can tag several same Pokemon and tell them apart by looking at the symbols. Weirdly enough, the symbols can also be seen in the Pokemon's summary. Hope that helps... :)

soggy_cardboard
12th March 2003, 09:52 PM
i think it is to tag your pokes(like Geofree said)
i used them for tagging my patchiiru/spindas. circle=patchiirus with prayer, square=patchiirus with baton pass, etc

i wish there were more....

at first when i first saw them i thought it was to tag the pokes who win u the comps. but there are 5 diff comps, but only 4 symbols :confused: ...

Crufidal
12th March 2003, 10:02 PM
Yeah.. simply tagging Pokemon. Making them a little unique, and so you can easily tell them apart.

I have a question though, but it can't be tested yet

Can a trainer change the marks on a Pokemon that was traded to them? Actually, someone could try it on the ROM with an in-game trade. If you can't change the marks on a Pokemon traded to you, it makes a cool way to mark all your Pokemon :) Nomatter what game they're in.

rinku
12th March 2003, 10:12 PM
So how do you tag them?

Crufidal
12th March 2003, 10:14 PM
Go to the PC and select a Pokemon, hit the option I believe titled "Mark" and just select which of the four symbols you wish to mark your Pokemon with. :wave:

rinku
12th March 2003, 11:42 PM
Cool. Thanks - for some reason I've never bothered to go through and work out all the various options. I'll probably just play with it in the English version when I get the cart ;)

Wouldn't surprise me if there was some other unknown reason for them, though. Hmmm... can you select more than one symbol?

Geofree
13th March 2003, 03:24 AM
Yep, you can have all the symbols if you wanted. Hmmm, perhaps it has something to do with breeding? Eh, I guess we'll have to wait 'n see!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Shadowfax
13th March 2003, 04:15 AM
I thought those were the different colour ribbons you got for the different contests.

I read that somewhere but i cant remember where? ;x